TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who wants to hang onto a shirt that had dog's blood from an attack where a pet was killed. What a creepy keepsake. Ditch the thing!

If it's a dog you have had a very long time, they are like one of your kids.

I'd keep it.

I have a theory that I think fits. I'm not saying that I would put money on this being what happened, but it does fit.

I think someone wanted Missy dead. I don't have any theories on who, but I think just about every possibility has been offered up on these threads already. Take your pick!
That someone didn't want to do the killing personally, though. So they paid someone to do it for them. That does not mean that it's a hit by someone who knows what they're doing (someone mentioned a hit being unlikely because Missy died from head wounds and that isn't like a hitman, but I don't think a hitman needs to be experienced or skilled, they just need to have been paid to kill someone).
That someone took their money and ran. They could be anywhere now, anywhere in the world. We still don't know what that person in the SWAT gear looked like (so experienced or not, they were pretty smart), so they can still move freely around the world.
And I think whoever ordered the kill on Missy is probably hoping that because they likely transacted in cash and in person (away from cameras if smart, but we'll see) that it will never be traced back to them.

YES. 100000 times yes! I think you hit the nail on the head (unfortunately, because I'm really worried there will never be justice for Missy and the person in that footage NEEDS to be found.....today.)

Traffic along I-35 from Dallas to Austin is horrible! Yes, there is always construction.

IMHO

Yes! I probably should've said 4 hours, right? ;)

I think you are misunderstanding the differences between building code and premises liability. When you are found liable under premises liability it doesn't mean you're required by law to do anything (except perhaps to pay the plaintiff). It says Because X happened on your premises, you have to pay Y, not that you have some sort of building code violation that must be remedied. As far as the law is concerned you can keep doing whatever you were found liable for, just if someone else gets hurt on your premises they can sue (and probably win even more than the first person who sued and won). Also where are you coming up with that security systems aren't meant for security of life as well as property? This is the first time I've ever heard anyone say that security systems aren't meant to protect people. In fact here's a lawyer in Texas who specifically handles inadequate security premises liability:
http://www.swimmingpoolaccidentlawyer.com/Personal-Injury/Inadequate-Security.aspx
And here's a couple more as well showing that 'inadequate security' is in fact a legal specialty in Texas:
http://www.provostumphrey.com/premises-liability/inadequate-security.shtml
http://www.texasinjuryattorney.com/blog/inadequate-security

With respect, is the potential liability of the church a factor in finding Missy's murderer?

Help!! Were there prior burglaries at this specific church prior to this murder? I Googled but can't find anything. But I read about 2 burglaries in someone's post but didn't think they were referencing THIS church.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Someone posted that in 2013 the church was hit in a burglary. I mentioned the crime tape at Google map and a poster alerted me that the picture was dated 2013.

Someone posted that in 2013 the church was hit in a burglary. I mentioned the crime tape at Google map and the picture was dated 2013.
hey Boots- It wasn't you.....this time. [emoji4] It was someone else. They were discussing the legalities of the churches liability.

Help!! Were there prior burglaries at this specific church prior to this murder? I Googled but can't find anything. But I read about 2 burglaries in someone's post but didn't think they were referencing THIS church.

This specific church was stolen from in 2013 (the perp struck twice on the same day), which is why I said it could have even been that same person who did this. There may have been other incidents before and after, but with this incident they posted it on their Facebook hoping that someone could ID the truck they used.

With respect, is the potential liability of the church a factor in finding Missy's murderer?

It could be if for instance the same person who did it last time did it this time. If someone has successfully committed a crime at that location they could be willing to do crimes there again on their own account or for hire. The church could be known as insecure by one or more parties who could have been involved in this, which a number of people on this thread think the perp may have had knowledge of the security or lack thereof at that church.

That would REALLY get you in trouble with the police.

Point is, I'm not taking it to the dry cleaners. I'm completely getting rid of it. And, if you're not a suspect, can't you do whatever you want to do with your clothing?

Like I said building codes and premises liability are two different things. The church was made aware of criminal activity in the area given how the church itself had been the victim of a major theft (that perp struck twice in the same day stealing both high value and low value items), which after that incident they should have installed a burglar alarm after notice of major criminal activity at their location, where it would be foreseeable that someone in the off-hours could encounter someone trying to steal from the church and such a criminal wouldn't just be a petty thief, like they could encounter that same criminal (which it even could be that same criminal that stole from the church previously that killed Missy). Even if Missy knew about the prior major theft at the church, that wouldn't automatically absolve the church of liability based on a recent Texas State Supreme Court ruling:
http://www.mccathernlaw.com/17-news...rt-issues-landmark-premises-liability-opinion
Hi Spanish- Were there 2 burglaries at this church before?
Tried Google but could only bring up this specific one. If that is true, how long ago did these burglaries occur, what time, entry, did they ever get the perp?

Thanks

Idk. It depends if they went to work afterwards to keep up appearances. So if their phone was pinging from home at 3am but the next ping is at 6am at work but they had to pass several towers to get from home to work; Then LE should be suspicious of how your phone pings dissappeared and then reappeared. Now of course a perp can say I turned off my phone until I got to work. But they will still be considered not cleared. And LE would view if they ever have turned their phone off while going to work before. Jmo for now.

I think the crime scene was enroute from perp's home to morning destination.

This specific church was stolen from in 2013 (the perp struck twice on the same day), which is why I said it could have even been that same person who did this. There may have been other incidents before and after, but with this incident they posted it on their Facebook hoping that someone could ID the truck they used.

Would love to see that footage to compare. Sometimes burglars hit the same place twice.

Just getting into this case. I hope they find the perp. Church's often have confusing layouts, as often times they are expanded on. My church I grew up in was pretty large. There was the original building, which was three stories, and mostly rectangular. Then there was a brand new new building connected, that had a basement full of rooms and mazes.

It could be if for instance the same person who did it last time did it this time. If someone has successfully committed a crime at that location they could be willing to do crimes there again on their own account or for hire. The church could be known as insecure by one or more parties who could have been involved in this, which a number of people on this thread think the perp may have had knowledge of the security or lack thereof at that church.

It would d in the church's best interest to step on security immediately.

Point is, I'm not taking it to the dry cleaners. I'm completely getting rid of it. And, if you're not a suspect, can't you do whatever you want to do with your clothing?

Although RB has a similar gait and body type to the perp and had blood on a shirt we need to quit this speculation as he was clearly in Cali with his wife and I am sure has an airtight alibi that can and was easily confirmed by LE.

Let's back off as moderator has said.

Although RB has a similar gait and body type to the perp and had blood on a shirt we need to quit this speculation as he was clearly in Cali with his wife and I am sure has an airtight alibi that can and was easily confirmed by LE.

Let's back off as moderator has said.

I didn't realize the moderator had stepped in on this topic. Good. I appreciate it.

I am responding and offering my take on Eloise post, but didnt feel the need to quote it.

Regarding the perp being a hit person ( not necessarily experienced ) hired to do the murder that would then take the money and run....

A person hired to murder MB would not go to such extreme lengths to hide their identity at the kill location, since they wouldnt be necessarily part of a usual investigative probe as would those within the victims inner/usual circles, hence the police style of the "inward=family" to "outward=friends/co-workers".

IMO, and having worked in Criminal Law for over 15 years, an outsider that would then flee would not have to go to the lengths the perp did in disguising his/her identity and would DEFINITELY not be as casual and relaxed in an unfamiliar environment, as the perp did strolling through the hallways, awaiting the victim to arrive.

Hi Spanish- Were there 2 burglaries at this church before?
Tried Google but could only bring up this specific one. If that is true, how long ago did these burglaries occur, what time, entry, did they ever get the perp?

Thanks

The thefts occurred in the evening on the same day back in 2013. They had security cameras catch the vehicle then - they posted pictures of the perps vehicle - but I don't even know that they even upgraded their security from back then or if the outside cameras that didn't work recently were the same ones they were using back then. If they didn't do anything in response to that and the perp knew this place was insecure, it could be why they chose to murder her there rather than elsewhere. I would expect church members to ask about that and there to have been chatter that some people were unhappy that a security system wasn't installed.

If you're someone who doesn't know this, for all you know a silent alarm has been trigged as soon as you broke the first window and you've been recorded ever since and LE is watching you live while LE is on the way to arrest and potentially shoot you.

Hey Folks,

Let's Please move away from the FIL, shirt and dog. No one has been named a POI. It seems to have been an unfortunate accident, explained by the SIL in a link up thread and confirmed by a vet.

IMO LE is on top of it and when the DNA results come back, they will be animal.

Thanks!

Hey Folks,

Let's Please move away from the FIL, shirt and dog. No one has been named a POI. It seems to have been an unfortunate accident, explained by the SIL in a link up thread and confirmed by a vet.

IMO LE is on top of it and when the DNA results come back, they will be animal.

Thanks!

THANK YOU! :loveyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members