TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something that has been on my mind lately is the last minute decision to move the class inside/under awning because of bad weather. Does this murder take place if that doesn't happen? What time did MB post that the class was being moved inside? I thought it was 9pm the night before but I could be wrong. Assuming the killer reads that post at exactly 9pm then that would give them roughly only 6 hours to plan this thing out. Can someone confirm what time MB posted that the class was being moved inside?

If the weather is good and the class is not moved inside then does MB even enter the church? If she does enter the church no matter rain or sunshine then the killer would have to know this, or else their just "hoping" she enters the church. And then they would have to have general knowledge of what rooms she would enter considering the size of the church. All seems like a huge gamble or someone knew MB routine on the mornings of the camps. I guess my biggest question does MB enter the church for every camp she holds at the church no matter what the weather is like?

I'm thinking YES, she would have gone in church anyway. Others have mentioned she probably went to Kitchen to fill water jugs, etc. for class and this makes complete sense to me too. And, open the church for restroom use if needed.

There are insurance companies that put cameras on cars for driver to get reduced rates. I wonder if anyone traveled on the rod in fron of the church early that morning and immediately following the crime who had a camera on their car?

Well crap lol I got caught on the last thread so just moving it over here:

Quote Originally Posted by Curious21 View Post
I think my last post got deleted.....or I didn't post it correctly. This is the cod that I was told from the beginning of this case. It was so hard to just read everyone's thoughts and comments without stating what I knew. Now that we know she was wounded with punctures or stab wounds, I feel like this person had a lot of rage against her and that's why I've stated that I, friends, family and some of the long time locals I've spoken to don't feel scared or afraid. We feel sad that this has happened but don't feel like we have a serial killer on the loose. And I'll state again as I've stated before, I do not believe the camper that found MB or any of the campers were involved
OK, so you were initially told stab / puncture wounds from the start (via the woman that found her), hence your confusion when the CoD was released as blunt head trauma or whatever term they used? Do we think the rumours of a shooting are totally false then?
Respectfully, the Autopsy COD has not been officially released. What we do have are 2 search warrants by 2 different people on 2 different days noting injuries on the deceased. And both of these documents have dependencies in them from the time line released by MPD Assist Chief Johnson on April 22. So right now its still in the fact finding stage. JMHO

Affidavit for Search Warrant (for veh)
Steven Cooper #139, commander MPD
On 4/18/2016 at approximately 0500 Midlothian Police Officers responded to an unresponsive person....deceased from a head wound
Judge Bob Carroll signed april 18, 1016 6:25pm
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/He...-Seized-Search-Warrant-376599651.html#warrant

Application and affidavit in support of eventiary search warrant (iphone & iPad)
Investigator Cody Moon
On april 18, 2016 at approximately 506 hours Midlothian Police received a call of an unresponsive person..
"Terri Bevers' had multiple puncture wounds found on her head and chest are consistent with the tools the suspect was carrying throughout the building."
sworn before me april 19, 2016 556pm
Judge Bob Carrol signed April 19, 2016 556pm
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Mi...ounds-to-Head-and-Chest-Police-378026341.html

The open doors to the outside on the video seem like a lure to get her inside since people have posted that the exercisers would leave doors open That implies premeditation as does all the gear the perp wore.

I just *cannot* imagine that MB ever enters that building if she drives up and the doors are already open, with no cars in the parking lot.

(OTOH, if she knew the killer . . . and recognized the killer's car . . . and felt at ease . . .)

I just *cannot* imagine that MB ever enters that building if she drives up and the doors are already open, with no cars in the parking lot.

(OTOH, if she knew the killer . . . and recognized the killer's car . . . and felt at ease . . .)

This!!!! I agree with both of these scenarios.

This would be good to know the status of whether or not LE actually did see a car in the parking lot. This could have been a car that she recognized or it could have been a fake cop car, which not too far away from there has been a fake cop who pulled people over in broad daylight:
http://legacy.wfaa.com/story/news/c...sonator-on-the-loose-in-north-texas/29408351/

This!!!! I agree with both of these scenarios.

Yep, agree here too. I don't care how fit and in shape someone is, you pull up to an "empty" building with doors open, you won't go inside. I also don't think perp yelled "cop, we've had a break in" either to lure her in because I don't think she would have gone. Unless a cop car was parked in front. Still don't think she would have gone inside ALONE even with that. Unless she recognized voice inside or car or both!

I'm still stuck on the perp's exit. We've tossed around a few ideas but, to me, that still is a big mystery.

Someone posted an aerial shot of the building which was really helpful. Does anyone have that handy to post again?

There is a wooded area that could be reached on foot fairly quickly, though there is a risk of being spotted between the building and the woods. Perhaps a car was stashed back there?

The other possibility that I haven't let go of is that the perp didn't leave after the murder, but stripped off the outfit, stashed the gear in a workout bag, and blended in. Though that does leave the problem of the car - where was his/her car? People would notice if you were there but your car wasn't.

Tick tock tick tock tick tock....I do hear that timer clicking....

I'm still stuck on the perp's exit. We've tossed around a few ideas but, to me, that still is a big mystery.

Someone posted an aerial shot of the building which was really helpful. Does anyone have that handy to post again?

There is a wooded area that could be reached on foot fairly quickly, though there is a risk of being spotted between the building and the woods. Perhaps a car was stashed back there?

The other possibility that I haven't let go of is that the perp didn't leave after the murder, but stripped off the outfit, stashed the gear in a workout bag, and blended in. Though that does leave the problem of the car - where was his/her car? People would notice if you were there but your car wasn't.

Ok....what about...car was parked along backside of building. No one driving in would see it. Perp could change, stash clothes then drive around building like they were coming in for camp. Others are too busy to notice and they can't see where the car came from because they are on opposite side of building or INSIDE building dealing with MB. Risky, yes. But this entire thing is risky.

Something that has been on my mind lately is the last minute decision to move the class inside/under awning because of bad weather. Does this murder take place if that doesn't happen? What time did MB post that the class was being moved inside? I thought it was 9pm the night before but I could be wrong. Assuming the killer reads that post at exactly 9pm then that would give them roughly only 6 hours to plan this thing out. Can someone confirm what time MB posted that the class was being moved inside?

If the weather is good and the class is not moved inside then does MB even enter the church? If she does enter the church no matter rain or sunshine then the killer would have to know this, or else their just "hoping" she enters the church. And then they would have to have general knowledge of what rooms she would enter considering the size of the church. All seems like a huge gamble or someone knew MB routine on the mornings of the camps. I guess my biggest question does MB enter the church for every camp she holds at the church no matter what the weather is like?

Good thoughts...
Targeted could mean anyone really... Unless Investigators can find the suspect and prove he/she had some sort direct reason for it to be MB...Makes me wonder what if had been under the awning Would the whole group been slaughtered? I dont have her last post but she did post this on her face book the evening before on April 17, 2016 @7:55pm Missy Bevers April 17 2016 post.JPG

Well crap lol I got caught on the last thread so just moving it over here:

Respectfully, the Autopsy COD has not been officially released. What we do have are 2 search warrants by 2 different people on 2 different days noting injuries on the deceased. And both of these documents have dependencies in them from the time line released by MPD Assist Chief Johnson on April 22. So right now its still in the fact finding stage. JMHO

Affidavit for Search Warrant (for veh)
Steven Cooper #139, commander MPD
On 4/18/2016 at approximately 0500 Midlothian Police Officers responded to an unresponsive person....deceased from a head wound
Judge Bob Carroll signed april 18, 1016 6:25pm
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/He...-Seized-Search-Warrant-376599651.html#warrant

Application and affidavit in support of eventiary search warrant (iphone & iPad)
Investigator Cody Moon
On april 18, 2016 at approximately 506 hours Midlothian Police received a call of an unresponsive person..
"Terri Bevers' had multiple puncture wounds found on her head and chest are consistent with the tools the suspect was carrying throughout the building."
sworn before me april 19, 2016 556pm
Judge Bob Carrol signed April 19, 2016 556pm
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Mi...ounds-to-Head-and-Chest-Police-378026341.html

Mimi, thanks for noting this info. I wanted to comment on the last thread but it was closed while I was reading it.

We somehow got the word "blunt" included in our descriptions, when that words was not used by LE. They always indicated "head trauma," which is NOT (necessarily) "blunt head trauma."

It was dark outside, approximately 2 hours before sunrise, and there were large thunderstorms with pouring rain in the area at the time, so I tend to think the perp wouldn't have been easily spotted running towards the woods, for example, due to those factors. However, then the perp would risk leaving a bunch of footprints in the soggy ground, so I don't know if he/she would want to take that chance.

Mimi, thanks for noting this info. I wanted to comment on the last thread but it was closed while I was reading it.

We somehow got the word "blunt" included in our descriptions, when that words was not used by LE. They always indicated "head trauma," which is NOT (necessarily) "blunt head trauma."

I haven't seen LE use the word "trauma", but I might have missed it. I missed a bunch of stuff last night.

They have used the term "wound" all along in the documents I have seen.

ITD, here is the aerial video of Creekside church. I think someone posted a shot of the church from this video? I get dizzy watching it. Feels like I am in that helicopter. They did an excellent job, but I wish they had flown up and panned out more in the video. You definitely get the feel of sprawling open spaces in Texas watching the video.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/midlothian-church-raw_Dallas-Fort-Worth-376091081.html

I am confused about some things now. I assumed that the killer entered the building through a door near the propane tank? MB was found in the SW area of the building.

"The Video shows Terri Bevers walking
toward Where the suspects location. Neither the suspect nor victim, were seen again on
video. The victim Was later found deceased at the south west corner of the interior of the
building."

So the bad guy/girl would have to back track though a good portion of the church (in order to leave the way he came in, as stated in the press conference) and not once trigger a camera?

Thx for the new thead, Beach. This is a tough one to stay current on.
Heart breaks for Missy and her loved ones- hoping Justice is swift.

In this case, in Texas all one has to do is drive to Mexico, go to a pharmacy & purchase any kind of drugs you want at really good prices. You tell the pharmacist what kind of drugs you want, he writes the prescription, gives you the meds & off you go. With all the drug wars going on you couldn't pay me enough to make a trip to Mexico at this time. If someone were desperate enough they would probably take a chance on it.

In Texas, like most states, all you have to do is go to a few of the seedy "pain management clinics" in bigger cities. Walk in, say your neck hurts, here's your script. There are usually several of these places within a few mile radius of one another so its easy to gather up large quantities. Oh, and you aren't going to be filling them at Walgreen's. There are seedy pharmacies conveniently located nearby to these dumps. $300 later you have all you can handle.

LE tends to turn a blind eye to it until the pills hit the street then they can make their "busts" on the wanna-be dealers / addicts. War on drugs, indeed.

But I digress...

It was dark outside, approximately 2 hours before sunrise, and there were large thunderstorms with pouring rain in the area at the time, so I tend to think the perp wouldn't have been easily spotted running towards the woods, for example, due to those factors. However, then the perp would risk leaving a bunch of footprints in the soggy ground, so I don't know if he/she would want to take that chance.

Apologies if this has been discussed. Hard thread to stay current with, especially playing catch up during the evenings.
There is one simple thing I can't figure out, though. How did the perp remain (appear) dry on film, without footprints of some kind left in the church, where s/he wandered for 30'ish mins before MB's arrival? I can't imagine the weight of all of that gear when wet!
Did s/he put on the Police looking gear at the church out of camera's view and wipe footprints?
I was leaning one way- then the other- now back to no other plausible explanation except the perp was there for one purpose: murder MB.

Should the media thread also contain pictures, arkansasmimi's layout of the building, the enhanced video and stuff like that? It seems it would be nice to have that stuff handy.

I was awaiting permission before doing so (which I got) before I posted that stuff there lol. Yes media thread helps very much being able to reference in a click ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member