TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always wondered about the delay in his arrival to Biloxi. He mentions the trip taking 3.5 hours longer than it should of. Was it the weather delay that he had anticipated in his previous post.? Just one of the things on my coincidence list.

I always wondered about the delay in his arrival to Biloxi. He mentions the trip taking 3.5 hours longer than it should of. Was it the weather delay that he had anticipated in his previous post.? Just one of the things on my coincidence list.

Yes the Dallas / Fort Worth area had horrible thunderstorms and massive heavy rain.

Thread 8, pg 19(?) Sparky's post at 1:02 PM, # 243 (or close)... The post time is how you'll find it,

Just so you all know, the time on Websleuths is set to your local setting. So your post above shows as 5:28am to me and I'm posting now at 12:39pm.
And FB time does weird stuff, for example the post of BB's (the restaurant photo) says 9:15pm for me, but someone here said it said 10:15pm for them so it must depend on which time zone we and they are in. Confusing much!

I'm in the UK and am working on a +6 hours from TexasTime (I think!)

That is a small detail, I know. And im pretty sure the cops have all the details concerning his travel.

Well folks, I've had a good catch up and am glad to see we've narrowed the killer's profile down significantly:

Age 15 - 75 years
Male or female
White, black or hispanic.

Nailed it. Go us!
:loveyou:

I just read Missy was in the church for 30 mins! is this true? If so that goes along with the burglary gone wrong scenario. Also, perp may have been bulked up from a bulletproof vest. Many churches in Texas have been robbed in last few years some for hundreds of thousands of dollars. Professional robbers would be wise to wear bulletproof vests and fake cop jackets in case they triggered alarms and the real cops showed up. Also weapons of death were professional burglar tools and things they found accessible at the church, probably knives from kitchen. Meaning if he was planning on killing someone he would have brought the right weapon, not panicked and bludgeoned her with a pry bar or hammer he brought there to pry open doors. And eventually have to finish the job with kitchen knives or whatever make-shift weapons the church had on hand. And If this guy was there solely to kill someone he wouldn't have waited 30 mins to do so especially knowing her students would soon be there.
Im still leaning towards this theory. The only fly in the ointment however, in my mind, is the fact that the friend/coworker said Missy hadn't been herself in the last few weeks, more preoccupied, withdrawn. I wonder if this was due to her husbands medical condition or if it was something else.

Timeline puts camper1 arriving 10-15 mins after Missy. So how is it possible that she set up class for 30 mins before being killed without anyone hearing or seeing anything? And why did camper wait 30 mins to call 911 after arriving at church??? If camper saw Missy's truck outside s/he should have immediately wondered where she was inside church, especially at that hour in the morning and still dark outside.

Perp was first seen on camera at 3:50 am. Missy's vehicle is seen arriving on camera at 4:18; she entered the building at 4:20.

LE has said she was killed shortly after going in to the building.

The first camper is reported to have arrived at 4:35 am. It is unknown how that time was determined - my guess is probably from the same surveillance camera that caught Missy's truck pulling in.

Shortly before 5, several campers entered the building, and discovered Missy deceased in a room in the SW corner of the building, near where she entered.

Missy was only *alive* in the building for mere minutes. 911 was called immediately after the discovery of her body.

I am still trying to figure out the link between the "guy" that liked the "video" and MB.

Shocking would be someone who knew and at one point was close to MB.
- family (close & distant)
- friends of MB and/or family
- business acquaintances of MB or family
- stalker (either known to MB or unknown) - even potentially a social media creeper/stalker
- tangled love web participants
- serial killer of which maybe this is the first

Is this the full universe of potential "targeted" killers?

I've seen one group certain it is someone CG related.

I've also seen another group who are certain it is someone unrelated to CG or family, but still someone who saw Missy regularly.

I've also seen another group who are 100% certain it is a family member that no one has mentioned as a suspect here.

All three groups are 100% sure they have the right person by comparing them to the purple twitter face pic and the distance between their eyes.

So, it's definitely going to be shocking when 2/3 to all of these groups are wrong lol!!

Please no screen shots of FB pages.

Thank you!

But LE has said they have 30 minutes of video. He was doing recon in there during that time. He seemed surprised about the dutch doors. Not sure how well he knew that church, but jmo

I wonder if he knew they were Dutch doors, but expected it to be latched, therefore opening like any other door. So when he opened it and only half opened it threw him off for a second?

I wonder if he knew they were Dutch doors, but expected it to be latched, therefore opening like any other door. So when he opened it and only half opened it threw him off for a second?

That's what I am thinking as well. Most of the time when dutch doors are closed they are latched..I rarely ever see just the bottom part open without the top. Also, in our church (which has dutch doors in about 12 classrooms/nursery rooms) it is protocol to latch the doors at the end of the day.

I just logged on for the morning, so I'm not sure if this has been posted, but it looks like BB has spoke out again.

Also, I don't remember this being mentioned before..

"Authorities have said they found evidence of forced entry at the church and believe Mrs Bevan may have walked in on a robbery while preparing for her Camp Gladiator fitness class.
They also claimed someone tried to clean up the crime scene.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Texas-church-suspect-SWAT-uniform-speaks.html

http://www.wbap.com/2016/05/05/husband-of-fitness-instructor-speaks/

Hello all. New here. Very much enjoying the respectful atmosphere on this forum. Wish I had found this place sooner. Last week I googled MB and came upon this thread and have read just about every post from the threads. I think this murder in particular touches me because I go to the gym at 5 am and always feel tense leaving my house at that time and always worry about the young girl who opens the gym at 5. Anyways, some thoughts I had.

I'm not entirely certain with the info we have that we should assume the PIO knew their way around the church. My initial impression was they went so early before MB arrived so they could explore and find their way around and plan their attack. Also possibly they knew they'd find tools there that could be used as the murder weapon, which is much better than bringing your own. I think one could assume there'd be cameras, thus the attire. But I know this is up for debate and others have valid points on the opposite side, but this was just my initial thought. JMO.

Also, I'm going to try to word this delicately. I am not trying to say I suspect BB because I honestly don't at this point, BUT I'm not that impressed with all his FB musings, going back to even before the murder. He seems to be the type who seeks attention in a very public forum. From FB posts to the seeming need to do press conferences (IMO). Especially he seems to seek sympathy with his illness. I just...trying not to be disrespectful, but I find that it is a certain type of person who does this...a narcissist. (Please delete if this shouldn't have been said about a family victim). I am NOT saying that makes someone a murderer, I have just found it to be interesting. And JMO of course.

One last thing, I tried following the "fb like" line that was going yesterday and didn't get it...if I was on the right trail, that person appears to have about 100 lbs on our perp and not anywhere near the body type, at least from the very hard to decipher footage I've seen.

Welcome Emma :) Great post!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Hello all. New here. Very much enjoying the respectful atmosphere on this forum. Wish I had found this place sooner. Last week I googled MB and came upon this thread and have read just about every post from the threads. I think this murder in particular touches me because I go to the gym at 5 am and always feel tense leaving my house at that time and always worry about the young girl who opens the gym at 5. Anyways, some thoughts I had.

I'm not entirely certain with the info we have that we should assume the PIO knew their way around the church. My initial impression was they went so early before MB arrived so they could explore and find their way around and plan their attack. Also possibly they knew they'd find tools there that could be used as the murder weapon, which is much better than bringing your own. I think one could assume there'd be cameras, thus the attire. But I know this is up for debate and others have valid points on the opposite side, but this was just my initial thought. JMO.

Also, I'm going to try to word this delicately. I am not trying to say I suspect BB because I honestly don't at this point, BUT I'm not that impressed with all his FB musings, going back to even before the murder. He seems to be the type who seeks attention in a very public forum. From FB posts to the seeming need to do press conferences (IMO). Especially he seems to seek sympathy with his illness. I just...trying not to be disrespectful, but I find that it is a certain type of person who does this...a narcissist. (Please delete if this shouldn't have been said about a family victim). I am NOT saying that makes someone a murderer, I have just found it to be interesting. And JMO of course.

One last thing, I tried following the "fb like" line that was going yesterday and didn't get it...if I was on the right trail, that person appears to have about 100 lbs on our perp and not anywhere near the body type, at least from the very hard to decipher footage I've seen.
Yes, welcome Emma. Great points! I especially like your observations on BB health. Per his own words, IMO he fits the profile of "hey look at me, i got problems". I am a RN and have seen this behavior a million times. He does appear to crave the spotlight. I think MB may have tired of this over the years and also someone in her family may totally have blamed MB for BB health. I am sympathetic to peoples health issues but not the "oh poor pitiful me attitude".

I guess I've followed too many cases where the perpetrators turned out to be husbands, mothers etc. I'm sorry but the odds of so many coincidences being innocent ones are staggering. I still think the motive is related to jealousy/money. I hope for all concerned that I'm wrong. I've become "attached" to this case and cannot wait for the police to solve this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ResortedOnce