TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was at the MPD Facebook page this morning just to see if there were any new comments. Found one a bit interesting. Went to check it out, turned out to not resonate with me....

BUT something else did. Has anyone else noticed that before this tragic murder of MB, BB was not as religious as he is appearing to be now? Maybe this horrible tragedy brought him closer to God or maybe it's all for show! Time will tell.

I don't think it's unusual to turn to religion in times of tragedy, I really don't. He might not have had reason to "show" this side of himself on FB until now. He and his family seem to be church-going, so it's not as if he's claiming a conversion - he's always been Christian afaik.

I think he's floundering right now and is finding strength in his faith. I honestly don't find it strange at all.

IDK if he is involved with the murder or not, but I don't see his Bible-verse postings as any indication one way or the other. I do think he is looking for people to support him and is searching for ways to gather people around him, not necessarily because he's guilty or innocent but because he needs people.

JMOpinion

I don't think it's unusual to turn to religion in times of tragedy, I really don't. He might not have had reason to "show" this side of himself on FB until now. He and his family seem to be church-going, so it's not as if he's claiming a conversion - he's always been Christian afaik.

I think he's floundering right now and is finding strength in his faith. I honestly don't find it strange at all.

IDK if he is involved with the murder or not, but I don't see his Bible-verse postings as any indication one way or the other. I do think he is looking for people to support him and is searching for ways to gather people around him, not necessarily because he's guilty or innocent but because he needs people.

JMOpinion

I agree with this. IMO anyone who has been "religious" or has "faith" will turn to it in a time of stress, fear, pain, loss etc. We know that MB and her family were members of another church "down the road" and that MB is said to be a "Godly woman" so it's not like they were atheist and he's all of the sudden a preacher man. These are JMO though.

It does freak me the heck out that she was murdered in this manner, inside of a church! To me, there is some bad karma coming back on the killer- forgiven by the MIL (per her letter to the killer) or not. Tick Tock Tick Tock Perp- your time is coming.

IMO

So the possible list of motives would be what:

1) She walked into a burglary in progress and was murdered because of it? Maybe it explains why the perp didn't actually take anything from the church. I can't help but wonder IF it were this, was the perp waiting for their accomplice to show up to help out? (Personally I don't jive with this as an option)

2) Someone hired a hitman to take MB out. While I find it plausible that this is the case, is LE letting the perp feel a sense of "security" before they make the arrest? (If they have a suspect)

3) Someone else was the target but MB showed up first? Or the perp is sending some type of religious message.

4) Someone with a vendetta against MB saw this as an open invitation to complete their "mission". Perhaps MB had previously had run ins with said perp, perp becomes enraged in anger etc. due to the rejection or whatever the case might be.

5) Maybe MB upset someone in Austin and they carried out their plan knowing BB would be gone.

6) Family involved with her death and that is why the crime is what it is.

What other reasons can we think of to justify her murder? The motive may not be clear even when there is an arrest made, but I am going crazy trying to figure out exactly what the motive would have been.

These threads are moving so fast! I've had to kind of breeze through some of it. I'm curious about something though, because I know very little about the oil industry. Were she and her husband very wealthy and influential in the area? Would his job have made his family a target from a competing oil company?

It's not an "oil company". He works for a fuel transport business. There's a million of them in the area.

There could have been a lot of time and by cleaning it could be trying to remove things that could be traced back to the perp
This has already been said but how do you clean footprints in blood? So beforehand, you slip those "baggies" (mystery box) over your feet and viola! No need to worry about blood footprints but.....would an inexperienced person know this ( I would not have thought about it) but if it had been someone inexperienced, how were they prepped? Is there a tutorial online on "how to kill without getting caught" or, was this someone, who from experience, knew what to do?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I am sure they have questioned many of the key players in this. With this many agencies in play, there is no undoubtedly many man hours going on behind the scenes.

I agree with this. IMO anyone who has been "religious" or has "faith" will turn to it in a time of stress, fear, pain, loss etc. We know that MB and her family were members of another church "down the road" and that MB is said to be a "Godly woman" so it's not like they were atheist and he's all of the sudden a preacher man. These are JMO though.

It does freak me the heck out that she was murdered in this manner, inside of a church! To me, there is some bad karma coming back on the killer- forgiven by the MIL (per her letter to the killer) or not. Tick Tock Tick Tock Perp- your time is coming.

IMO

Freaks me out too.

Perhaps that is a clue as well. I would like to think that anyone who attends a church would not defile a church, even one from a different denomination. Could this indicate the perp is not a church-goer....does that narrow the field in that locality?

Sigh. I'm grapsing at straws.

But, yeah, the disdain for the property and the violence toward another human taking place inside a church is freaky. (And, yes, murder is freaky in any location, I know.)

JMO

A few things: I think BB might be calling news reporters because I drive every morning and afternoon/evening past the police station and since MB's murder I have yet to see any news reporters or vans or anything of that nature at those times.

Don't forget MB was not a Midlothian local, she lived in Red Oak. Still a neighboring town, but maybe poi is also from a neighboring town and not Midlo, because I feel that someone would have already recognized the mannerism and gait of poi on video if they were from Midlo.

<modsnip>

It's still so surreal that this is happening in our little big town of "Middle of the Ocean" aka Midlothian.....but as I've been stating...I still feel safe in my little town and I have seen a lot more patrolling in our area, and even out in the country outside Midlo city limits. Thank you MPD!

Just got current on this case. I admittedly had to skim through a lot of pages of endless male/female guesses. Sorry but I never would have gotten current if I hadn't. All great discussion though!

Some random thoughts/questions...

1. One of the very first things I saw was the interview with BB. The "I'm not giving an interview." interview. What he said that stood out to me is that for the past ten months, his wife had been texting him I love you messages every morning, and he was using that to show how great things were going with them. My question: Why did this start happening ten months ago? What was going on eleven months ago? Had there been an issue that they worked through at that point that made her start sending these texts? As in, we worked through this and now we're back on track and I'm committed to reinforcing that daily.

2. Jumping off the above...my hubby and I are crime show junkies. We DVR several programs like Dateline, Snapped, 48 Hours, etc. and watch them together at night. It's amazing how many spouse murders involve an affair on someone's part. So many in fact that we have a joking habit of yelling out "triangle!" early into many many episodes and are usually right. When there's a triangle, it's a dangerous thing that can lead to murders in a variety of scenarios. We've seen a few cases of the spouse being out of town when it happens. A solid alibi does not prove no involvement. I'm not blaming BB, just throwing that possibility out there. I think it's likely that one of them was messing around, maybe got found out ten or so months ago, which could have put this whole thing in motion. Think jilted lover, etc.

3. Like many of you, I'm a bit surprised that we haven't heard a peep out of MB's family, unless I've missed that somewhere. Very little noise from her friends either. In such a big case that seems odd to me. I wonder why?

4. I'm confused about the new news that the perp tried to clean up the scene. If I understand the timeline correctly there wasn't much time for cleanup after the murder. Might be an erroneous statement?

5. Watching interviews of BB, he is constantly touching his face, digging at his head, etc. He also makes little to no eye contact with the camera or interviewer. Ok, body language experts, what does that indicate? I truly don't know and haven't had a chance to look that up.

6. I actually gasped at the article linked today about the LEO busted for stealing guns from work. Especially when I saw the mugshot. Wow!

7. Even with the enhanced pics I can't figure out gender, age, etc. The only thing I'm sure of is that our suspect is human.

Rock on, my fellow sleuths! You're doing a great job. I pray the police have this figured out and are just dotting I's and crossing T's.

So the possible list of motives would be what:

1) She walked into a burglary in progress and was murdered because of it? Maybe it explains why the perp didn't actually take anything from the church. I can't help but wonder IF it were this, was the perp waiting for their accomplice to show up to help out? (Personally I don't jive with this as an option)

2) Someone hired a hitman to take MB out. While I find it plausible that this is the case, is LE letting the perp feel a sense of "security" before they make the arrest? (If they have a suspect)

3) Someone else was the target but MB showed up first? Or the perp is sending some type of religious message.

4) Someone with a vendetta against MB saw this as an open invitation to complete their "mission". Perhaps MB had previously had run ins with said perp, perp becomes enraged in anger etc. due to the rejection or whatever the case might be.

5) Maybe MB upset someone in Austin and they carried out their plan knowing BB would be gone.

6) Family involved with her death and that is why the crime is what it is.

What other reasons can we think of to justify her murder? The motive may not be clear even when there is an arrest made, but I am going crazy trying to figure out exactly what the motive would have been.

An (real or perceived) affair with a black man, perhaps? Enraging someone who is strongly against race-mixing?

I think they left out a word. " The suspect tried to clean up AT the crime scene". That was an up close attack. The perp had to be covered in blood and gore.

Hi sunset beach. A long time ago I had a job that required me to be in and out of my car a lot during what can be brutal Minnesota winters. My father bought me headwear that was for all intents and purposes a balaclava although it was not black. It could be worn different ways to cover your mouth and nose or more to cover your head and throat.

Your post just made me think of that. They sold them at a kiosk in the mall lol. Brightly colored ones were not sinister but a black one might give me pause. Of course TX doesn't have winters like MN.

Just throwing it out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I have had to step back with my comment about not knowing anyone in my life that owns one. :shame: My husband owns something similar but not like what the perp is wearing. It was only after texasgirl2 brought it up that I remembered. One of those out of sight out of mind things. When he get's home I'm going to ask him where it is.

JMO, but regardless of what is posted by any widow on fb after a murder, it would get picked apart like a Thanksgiving turkey. I'm hoping this was some wannabe who freaked out and killed Missy after playing burglar in dress up gear. My only condolence is that her family won't be shattered again by breached trust of a family member or trusted friend.

An (real or perceived) affair with a black man, perhaps? Enraging someone who is strongly against race-mixing?

Then they would have to kill more women. It appears one of her fellow black trainers is married to a black man with at least one mixed child.

If he really did try to clean up, or clean up at the crime scene, that's great ! Ups the possibility that he left a little piece of himself there. Also, makes it fairly unlikely that this was a "hit".

The more and more I think about it, I think WSers are right in looking at either former or current LE or military (or related fields like security). The way the perp planned the crime shows details most people wouldn't think of. The patience of waiting for Missy's arrival, for one thing. The get-away obviously took some careful planning as well.

I think most of us are baffled by the perp's behavior because we don't have the training that the perp did. So many of us said - why not just wait by the door for Missy to arrive? Well, the perp knew to be aware of everything in the building first. That shows either some training or following the advice of something with training.

The perp was totally prepared. We've had preppy perps in the past, and here we have a prepped perp.

JMO.

Then they would have to kill more women. It appears one of her fellow black trainers is married to a black man with at least one mixed child.

True. But if it were a family member who were enraged, they wouldn't care about her fellow trainer. Just about what they think she is doing.

JMO

If he really did try to clean up, or clean up at the crime scene, that's great ! Ups the possibility that he left a little piece of himself there. Also, makes it fairly unlikely that this was a "hit".

Yes, if he tried to cleanup, I'd say it's a DEFINITE he left some of himself behind, and he knows it. If this happened in the kitchen as some think, did he try to wash his hands, or an article of clothing, or his tools in the sink, perhaps?

I think they left out a word. " The suspect tried to clean up AT the crime scene". That was an up close attack. The perp had to be covered in blood and gore.

Exactly!! Wouldn't there be bloody footprints and blood splatter everywhere as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member