TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
An (real or perceived) affair with a black man, perhaps? Enraging someone who is strongly against race-mixing?

Interracial marriage and dating is so common in the South now, I just don't see it being in the realm of possibility.

Interracial marriage and dating is so common in the South now, I just don't see it being in the realm of possibility.

Agree. I am not ruling out an interracial affair, but having racism be the motive here seems highly implausible. An affair is, in and of itself, motive enough, regardless of ethnicity.

Boy! It's been a bit of a "snarky" post day today!! :slap: I'm really hoping that it's not like this tomorrow. I think we all just woke up on the wrong side of the bed given the news we heard last night. Ugh. I know I'm going to try harder tomorrow. But, and this may just be MOO--I hope we can all remember that even if you don't find something useful, it doesn't mean someone else here doesn't. All of us have been trying really hard to help in any way we can in the thread or behind the scenes. Everyone is doing the best they can with the information they have. Anyway, I'm just warning you that if you get snarky on this thread tomorrow, I'm gonna start asking you really stupid questions while I play Candy Crush on my phone. :)

Thank you for sharing this with us Breck! I always look forward to your posts. I'm with Momoffour and hear ya loud & clear!! Especially the BBM above! ;)

Night y'all!
Catching up this am and wanted to say that this post had me laughing out loud for real.[emoji4] great group on this thread.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Breck, as a local, thinks that the CG connection possibly holds the key to this murder, whether a member or a spouse of a member. I see female all over SWATPERP but . . .

perhaps this is the husband of a CG camper who is threatened by his wife's new found passion for fitness and feared losing her to the CG group of players. New found passions tend to make people talk about it constantly and it can take over their life, making the rest of their family feel neglected. There had just been a days long group hug in Austin, touting CG and all of its great benefits to improve lives. Maybe the Austin trip was the trigger because the wife came home with all sorts of plans to begin her own fitness business which threatened the spouse's control over his family life.

I've never had an immediate famly member become taken over by this sort of thing, or a MLM type business, but I've been on Facebook long enough to understand the desire to harm someone who becomes obsessed with their new MLM business (i.e. Thrive)! It can get VERY annoying.

With that said, I don't see that as a motive to actually commit murder unless the perp was already mentally ill/prone to violence.

This is much more personal.

That's one aspect that gets me- so much of it seems planned and then some of it doesn't. Some aspects of it look like a crime of passion and some seem like they would have been planned out far in advance. That's why I'm wondering if there wasn't a catalyst- perhaps this person had been angry for a while and planning something but wasn't totally sure they were going to act on it? Did something happened that made this person snap and they went with the plan they had made up to that point? I don't know. This case has so many coincidences and then some things that aren't...

The LE said Missy's injuries were consistent with the TOOLS the perp was carrying throughout the building. If there were multiple tools used to kill Missy, then the perp did not snap, but murdered her in cold blood. Using one murder weapon, then another is kinda sadistic in my opinion, it's like the perp enjoyed hurting Missy in different ways. experimenting with different tools.

Breck, as a local, thinks that the CG connection possibly holds the key to this murder, whether a member or a spouse of a member. I see female all over SWATPERP but . . .

perhaps this is the husband of a CG camper who is threatened by his wife's new found passion for fitness and feared losing her to the CG group of players. New found passions tend to make people talk about it constantly and it can take over their life, making the rest of their family feel neglected. There had just been a days long group hug in Austin, touting CG and all of its great benefits to improve lives. Maybe the Austin trip was the trigger because the wife came home with all sorts of plans to begin her own fitness business which threatened the spouse's control over his family life.

But how would killing Missy stop some guy's wife from this new pursuit? She could merely go to another instructor.

Do we know how long MB has been a trainer? As to the question of what happened 11 months ago to make her start texting him daily. Possibly when his health began to deteriorate she felt it would be a great way to give him affirmation of her love, yes it could be after they worked through something or it might be so innocent enough that she simply wanted him to smile when he got the messages.
It just reminded me of a "Love Dare" kinda thing.

This thread is moving so fast I've only read a fraction of the posts, so please forgive me if my idea as been covered already. I was wondering about a 'morally enraged' church member with issues about having an exercise class (w/ women in 'immodest' outfits etc) on 'holy' ground? To someone like that, attacking the leader of the group would be 'personal' to them. I know it's a bit 'out there', but somehow I keep thinking of an Eric Rudolph type character.

The LE said Missy's injuries were consistent with the TOOLS the perp was carrying throughout the building. If there were multiple tools used to kill Missy, then the perp did not snap, but murdered her in cold blood. Using one murder weapon, then another is kinda sadistic in my opinion, it's like the perp enjoyed hurting Missy in different ways. experimenting with different tools.

There is always the possibility he broke a tool. He may have tried swinging it at her and it flew out of his hands and broke, or she moved and he smashed it against the floor rather than connecting with her body (sorry to sound graphic). In which case, he may have switched tools to finish the job.

InTheDetails - I am happy you understood my post. I can imagine a house wife/mom getting involved with this CG thing, getting all that positive attention, changing her lifestyle and her family's habits to conform to the CG fitness and health regime and the resentment it could garner - even cause talk of a divorce if not a divorce itself. And who would be blamed? The trainer who inflated the woman's ego and self-esteem.

I was a runner throughout my 20's. Not long distance but 3 miles a day, 6 on Sundays. I have been around folks who got recently 'injected' with the health and fitness bug and in the beginning of their metamorphosis, they were nearly unbearable to be around. It can become obsessive and I may have been guilty of all of these things. One must have the right clothes, underclothes, shoes, socks, magazines, meetings, fun-runs every weekend, 10K's, diets, clinics and of course, the camaraderie of those with running styles like mine. Woof. When I got older and had lots of adult responsibilities there wasn't any time for running anymore unless it was a 5 am or midnight and my days were too long and exhausting to continue running for 'fun'. Sleep felt better. HAHA

When it is all new, the recently induced are like having a cheerleader bouncing around, counting everyone's lunch calories, detailing the vitamins of each bite of food and exercising while sitting to eat. It takes over their entire life and can be extremely annoying. It is all they talk about, all they think about and all they do - for a while - until they calm down. I can't imagine living with a spouse going through this. I would want to scream "shut the heck up and sit still already!"

However, I still see 'female' all over SWATPERP and this could apply to a woman sick of her husband's/SO's attention being elsewhere. It could also be a female smitten with Missy.

There is always the possibility he broke a tool. He may have tried swinging it at her and it flew out of his hands and broke, or she moved and he smashed it against the floor rather than connecting with her body (sorry to sound graphic). In which case, he may have switched tools to finish the job.

True, but the fact that the LE doesn't want to announce the COD openly makes me think that Missy's injuries have some unique characteristics.

But how would killing Missy stop some guy's wife from this new pursuit? She could merely go to another instructor.

I can't rationalize the irrational thinking of another but in such a scenario I would imagine he would hear "Missy said . . ." a million times a day and blamed Missy for his woes. After all, Missy would be the one pumping up the camper's enthusiasm.

It sounds very Jodi Arias-like with more than one murder weapon, if indeed more than one tool was used to murder Missy.

Midge Montana I thought the same thing either a love dare or love languages words of affirmation to get your marriage back on track. People show love in different ways and sometimes there is a disconnect because they way you show love might not be the way your spouse needs it. Good book for spouses to read Love Languages. Some churches also promote the Fireproof philosophy of constantly showing love each day in some manner. This could be the link to 10 months ago if they were introduced to this at that time.

Hi txmommy,

I'm not going to ask who you think it could be as I have my own suspicion and I'm not even local, but with the specific theory you mention, did this person act alone? I don't mean was there a second person on site, but is there a second person who knew/knows about it?

Interesting question- I go back and forth on that theory. Today I think not, because I just can't see someone being aware of these plans and going along with something so horrible. However, it obviously has happened in other murder cases, so I guess it's a possibility.

Now, I do think that if this wasn't a professional hitman, then someone out there sees a difference in a family member or friend and knows that they have a connection somehow to Missy/her family/her business and it has crossed their mind that maybe their family member/friend is involved. I would hope they would go to LE with their concerns, you know?

Agree. I am not ruling out an interracial affair, but having racism be the motive here seems highly implausible. An affair is, in and of itself, motive enough, regardless of ethnicity.

You are probably right. I did see an exchange on a youtube video where a commenter had seen a post by an AA trainer that he loved missy and will miss her. Then the post suddenly disappear. I think maybe a lot of people (myself included) are letting their imaginations run away!

True, but the fact that the LE doesn't want to announce the COD openly makes me think that Missy's injuries have some unique characteristics.

It still for instance wouldn't surprise me if a gun was involved

I can't rationalize the irrational thinking of another but in such a scenario I would imagine he would hear "Missy said . . ." a million times a day and blamed Missy for his woes. After all, Missy would be the one pumping up the camper's enthusiasm.

Perhaps. But very few men, IMO, would not welcome their wives getting into shape!

Question for all of you super sleuthers (I'm new so I consider myself novice):shame:

Do we know when Missy or CG started classes at Creekside? Was Creekside recently added (like in the past several months) as a workout location - in addition to the usual Civic Center location?

Stating that Missy had wounds "consistent with the tools the suspect was carrying throughout the building" does not mean that more than one tool was used to make the wounds. It simply means that more than one of the tools has the class characteristics required to have created the wounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrayZee