TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So many good points this morning!

I'm leaning toward someone affiliated with CG rather than with the church, but I totally agree that it was someone who had been in the church before and someone who knew Missy's routine. (Or was told this information by someone else.)

And what a good question - why was perp dry when it was storming outside when s/he arrived at 3:50am? (Didn't the rain let up by class time?)
The perp must have changed into the outfit at the church upon arrival, which make me think s/he changed again at the church after the murder.

jmopinion

I've been thinking about this very thing from the beginning. SUSPECT looks completely dry. Either suspect was there long enough to dry out, parked close enough not to get to wet, rain had slacked up, or changed at scene. It is my opinion that suspect arrived already in gear. Parked close to the building. The manner in witch he/she killed the victim seems impersonal. I wouldn't bet on it being related to GC, or church. More likely something in her personal life. I am nowhere near buying into burglary, as the riot gear is overkill and much more conspicuous than a hood and a ski mask over the face. I think if anything it was to hide characters and or be able to a approach the victim. Or at least in suspects mind that this was the point. As for the tight time line: IMO the suspect expected her to arrive at 4am, thus the pacing up and down hallways. Suspect seemed as if was just killing time. That being g the case, I it has been my opinion from the beginning that he/she already knew what they were there to do. Sticking to just the evidence or lack of should I say. If LE has video of MB's truck arriving from gun store then we know that if suspect vehicle not on video that he/she arrived and left from opposite direction. As for walking through the woods, airport etc. Not likely. I would put my chips on suspect being reasonably close. Local or at best from surrounding area.

Just an FYI local media reporting Midlothian Schools were on lockdown this morning.

http://www.wfaa.com/mb/news/crime/l...thian-schools-after-police-incident/170175668

MIDLOTHIAN -- The day has resumed at schools in Midlothian after an incident forced students and staff to go under a "soft lockdown."

At about 10 a.m. on Wednesday, Midlothian police told school administrators at J. R. Irvin Elementary School, Frank Seale Middle School, Midlothian High School and the district administration building to go under a "soft lockdown," meaning doors would be locked and students, visitors and employees would not be allowed in or out of the buildings.

I read a lot of people talking about the airport. I believe this is caused by tunnel vision. People believe a certain individual or two that is out of town is responsible. So to fit their scenario they need to explain how they got back and forth so quickly. But I don't think this can be true for many reasons.

1. Someone else mentioned the creek between the church and airport and how the rain would cause it to rise.
2. Another mentioned this airport is "monitored", the planes coming and going are recorded.
3. I think the LE or a camper would have seen/heard an airplane leaving. By the time the perp got back to airport and ready to take off would be more than 30 minutes I believe.
4. LE stated they saw a vehicle of possibly the perp on video in the parking lot. If left overnight it would have been there once LE arrived.
5. Perp would have been in the air when they probably got calls about her murder.

Couple of locals has stated their beliefs that BB or any family not involved. This is also stated by Tricia who had an interview with a local blogger/reporter who I am sure told her many things off the record. I also believed in the beginning they were involved and tried to find ways they could have done it. But with newer information and beliefs from the people above I have let this scenario go. I hope most of you do also because if my wife was murdered I would be still by mourning and would not want constant accusal of me being the perp.

Thanks for reading...

I agree - I have been eying some out-of-town people and really can't make it work that they were in Midlothian in person. Just doesn't work...if it walks like a duck doesn't necessarily mean it's a duck in this case.

However family members are scrutinized because perps are often family members. Yes, that is painful to experience when the family is indeed innocent, but the truth is, suspecting family members and ruling them in/out happens. What we need to be is thoughtful and factual in discussions, and not led into the temptation of making assumptions or making false accusations. But, family members will be suspected.

Just my humble opinion.

This is my first post but I've been following this since Thread 1. There are some very intelligent people in this group and I love that WS is victim friendly.
I haven't figure out how to quote yet but one thing that stood out to me in the press release timeline is that 3:50 was the first time Perp was seen on surveillance video at Creekside Church....perhaps they have earlier video of him from another location? It was mentioned earlier that there is some footage from the gun store that has a direct line of sight.
Also, I've thought a car could have dropped him off and he left on foot and met back up with his ride.
My profile (for the moment)....male, late 20s-early 30s, mix of Caucasian/Hispanic or Caucasian/Philippino..very light skinned, security background (security guard not real LE), slightly overweight, and (for now) I think he was hired by someone close to her that gave him the details on her routine and where she would enter the church. He got there early to check out the layout of the building and stage the break-in (MOO). Possibly lives with an hour or two but not immediate area (MOO).
I am lost when it comes to motive for whomever hired this guy.
I have also considered that she was stalked by this guy for whatever reason and her public postings allowed him to easily track her movements. If we are allowed to discuss her FB page, I've spent a ton of time going through her Friends and Likes and there was a very troubling find there.

At press conference outside of Police Station

BB: “Okay. You gotta remember, ah, no sleep, ah, I’m in poor – I’m in bad health, ah, and ah, no, I do not believe that she was, ah.. I believe that she was targeted, okay, that’s my opinion. That’s not, that’s not any information that anyone provided me, but ah, I believe she was targeted.”

Reporter 1: “For what reasons?”
Reporter 2: “Yeah, why?”

BB: “Ah, evidence, for reasons of evidence, I’m not gonna say that. Ah, but ah, there’s no reason. There’s no reason .. if a person – you have to ask yourself, if a person is going to break into a church, what are they gonna take? Um, what are they there to steal? AV Equipment? I, I work in a church. Some of the most expensive equipment in a church is AV equipment. Or money from tithings from the previous day.”
It appears he's contradicting himself. Not that I think there is anything suspicious about that but he gave 2 good examples of what is of value in the church.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I don't think you could walk from the church to the airport, at least not directly. There is a creek in between, and that creates a natural barrier. Especially in a rain storm, when the creek would be running higher than normal.

If you look carefully at the satellite images, there aren't any roads or trails that cross that creek, IMO.

So it looks to me that the only way to walk (or drive) from the church to the airport is to walk along the highway and then along the little road leading to the airport. That would be extremely risky, as anybody walking in the dark in a rainstorm would be viewed with suspicion.

To say nothing about trying to walk on muddy off road trails, in pitch blackness, in the rain. It would be pretty crazy to try and escape by walking away from a murder scene, like that.

Someone else posted the search warrant for the Ipad and phone that they stated about the puncture wounds to her head and chest and I read these things:

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Mi...ounds-to-Head-and-Chest-Police-378026341.html

"Investigators reviewed the video of the incident which shows a subject wearing a black helmet, black balaclava, dark pants, dark long sleeve shirt, black gloves, and a black vest with Police in white lettering on the front and back."
"The caller advised a female subject (later identified as the victim Terri Bevers) was at the location and was not breathing and was deceased."

So it sounds like my earlier post about the ski/motorcycle mask may be correct:
http://www.amazon.com/Balaclava-Pac...=UTF8&qid=1462380103&sr=8-4&keywords=ski+mask

I also wonder if the video LE released is in lower quality than they have. They seem to quickly to determine the clothing and tools of the perp where we struggle more. They may have done this so the perp does not realize how much they really know.

bbm

Do we even know how many outside cameras there are? I know I've seen the one beside the door under the awning, but are there others? I would not be surprised if the back or one side of the building was not within camera range at all. It doesn't look like the best camera system in the world, IMO

Again this goes to insider knowledge. Actually I would think there would be cameras in the back since as I understand it that is where the major theft took place was by the children's play area. If they didn't even install cameras there after that, oy vey!

Also, from looking at some of the locals FB and just general perceptions, there seems to be quite a few bikers and also quite a few LE (or ex LE) around the area. I find this interesting, but is it correct or have I just got a warped view of Texasland based on who I'm sleuthing?

I do think motorbike could have been a possible option for the perps vehicle; it would be easier to "hide" round the back of the building, a quicker getaway, and nobody would question someone on a bike with a helmet on.

Motorbike, dirt bike .... these are still my top choices for mode of transportation. No one would question most of the garb this person wore if on a bike, so no need to change clothes other than covering/removing the police-lettering (turned inside out perhaps). I wonder if license plates are required on dirt bikes. And it would be easy to remove one or obscure it for "surveillance" purposes. Easy to stash nearby, too. Quick getaway, nothing anyone would think much of if seen, and had close access to the main road and his getaway. It wouldn't surprise me to learn he hid out somewhere close enough to see when police or rescue crews arrived.

I really think perp drove (car/motorcycle) and parked in back. My thinking, no one has said that a car was NOT seen leaving...maybe a camper DID notice one. LE isn't going to say they did because that puts camper in harms way to be targeted by perp before they arrest him/her. I think they did park behind and got out close to overhang (that way not wet). Now....it makes me wonder if any footprints were left though, even if they stayed out of main rainstorm, their soles would still be wet and/or muddy if they messed with the windows first. I'm not out that they didn't arrive even earlier (before the rain) and hid out until "time". Even typing this makes me a nervous wreck so it still floors me this perp remained so calm, especially if they showed up early. Makes me think they had a backup plan to get out of there IF someone showed up other than MB.

We live in hunting country and I've hiked a lot of country. It's not out of the question IMO for the perp to shed clothes into duffle/backpack and hike along tree line/creek. They had plenty of time to escape with all the chaos going on. They knew it would be at least an hour before someone showed. Muddy and wet isn't a huge problem if the tree line is somewhat easily manageable. So....how far could they go in each direction within an hour hiking? Is there a road nearby where they could have stored a car/motorcycle?

But then, if that's the case, how did they GET to the church not muddy and wet???? Did someone drop them off?

I'm 50/50 man or woman (if man, leaning towards 18-23ish), but I lean towards woman and I'm 50/50 on 1 or 2 perps. How this was played out without an error (and yes, I feel there was one but....it's not standing out right at first otherwise we would have an arrest by now), it's amazing to me how one person could get away with it without help of some sort. Lookout relaying MB's location. Drop off/pick up. I can see someone dropping them off (how they would be dry) and going to follow MB to give location status and per hiking out and being picked up AWAY from church. I also think this person is single and lives alone. It would explain how perp could go home wet/muddy and with SWAT clothes and no one question it. Doesn't mean they weren't in a serious relationship and that person talked about MB non-stop and sent this person into a rage.

I read a lot of people talking about the airport. I believe this is caused by tunnel vision. People believe a certain individual or two that is out of town is responsible. So to fit their scenario they need to explain how they got back and forth so quickly. But I don't think this can be true for many reasons.

1. Someone else mentioned the creek between the church and airport and how the rain would cause it to rise.
2. Another mentioned this airport is "monitored", the planes coming and going are recorded.
3. I think the LE or a camper would have seen/heard an airplane leaving. By the time the perp got back to airport and ready to take off would be more than 30 minutes I believe.
4. LE stated they saw a vehicle of possibly the perp on video in the parking lot. If left overnight it would have been there once LE arrived.
5. Perp would have been in the air when they probably got calls about her murder.

Couple of locals has stated their beliefs that BB or any family not involved. This is also stated by Tricia who had an interview with a local blogger/reporter who I am sure told her many things off the record. I also believed in the beginning they were involved and tried to find ways they could have done it. But with newer information and beliefs from the people above I have let this scenario go. I hope most of you do also because if my wife was murdered I would be still by mourning and would not want constant accusal of me being the perp.

Thanks for reading...

BBM

I just want to make myself clear, I did not mention the airport because I think BB is involved. I mentioned the airport because it is there, directly behind the church.
Personally I do not have a scenario in my mind yet however I am keeping my mind open because we do not have all the details.

Should the case be that we do have ALL the details at this point then I'm going to go out on a limb and say the perp will never be found. Not based on what we as the public know at this point. Since the perp was covered head to toe (besides the eyes) it is possible no trace evidence was left behind. I truly hope that is not the case.

I have to attend to RL today....so, when I come back tonight, I'd like to see how you've nailed down the escape (I have faith in your abilities) and I'd like to see news of an arrest. Okay, go to it.

Great info. The fence at the woods area and the security at the airport put them in the "Unlikely" column, imo. Where was this perp's vehicle stashed?!

Could an accomplice have picked him/her up?

jmo

Great info. The fence at the woods area and the security at the airport put them in the "Unlikely" column, imo. Where was this perp's vehicle stashed?!

If police could see a snip it of the vehicle the perp was in (or so they think), he/she just left the car there, and took off? If so, wouldn't the police search said car that was left in the parking lot?

jmo

If police could see a snip it of the vehicle the perp was in (or so they think), he/she just left the car there, and took off? If so, wouldn't the police search said car that was left in the parking lot?

So many theories talked about on WS, its great to read all of them..........

I just strongly feel that this was a personal killing and stated from the first thread that someone got rejected and got their revenge.....

we all can pick apart BB's facebook but i truly think it was just a coincidence that he was out of town....its obvious his faith is important to him and I have that bible app on my fb as well.....

i think this crime would have happened anyways regardless if BB was in town......

I know some posters didn't understand how Missy's gym friend said she was not herself the last few weeks . I can see the friend sensing it. some friends know more than other friends. I tell my gym friends different things than my best friends. Shop talk is what it is.......

after reading the recent news release, her injuries show someones rage. the perp freaked over some event, and we might never know the extent of it because not all ppl get their revenge like this perp did.

It was personal and i think Missy got over her head with how to deal with it.

crime of passion

If LE has video of MB's truck arriving from gun store then we know that if suspect vehicle not on video that he/she arrived and left from opposite direction.

Actually as LE describes it they say they have a video of a vehicle parked, but nothing about it's arrival or departure or that they're sure whatever it is they saw actually has anything to do with it:
Johnson said a vehicle can be seen on the video may belong to the killer, but there's not enough information to give the public.

"There’s one surveillance camera where you can see the car in the far corner of the frame, parked in the distance. You can't make out a plate, and we're not even comfortable releasing anything about a possible make or model,” Johnson said.
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Po...idlothian-Murder-Investigation-376269831.html

Respectfully snipped and bbm..

Female Reporter: asks if they know if it was fairly quick

Captain]Spann: " pretty quick after she got there again timeline boot camp members arriving Again we know the time when she entered the church which i believe is, around 418 again -approx time - then we see her walking down main hallway in the vicinity where we located her. but once she gets out of the range of the camera it doesn't pick up the motion and the camera turns off -so we have no video of the assault taking place."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8&feature=youtu.be
From this, it sounds as though they found her in the hallway.

And looking at the video the police provided of the perp in
the church walking in the main hallway toward the South end of the hallway from the bullentin board, there is no video of the main hallway north of the bullentin board.

So, I'm wondering, was the camera coverage from the South end of the hallway not long enough to pick up beyond the bullentin board heading north. There should have been another camera mounted at the midway point and or at the north side where the perp supposedly came in through? Was that camera not working or had it been disabled.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

ATTENTION MY WONDERFUL WEBSLEUTHERS,

This is a good list BUT we need these points verified.

Normally a list like this would be removed since there are no links to back up what is being stated. However, I think this is a great project. Let's help YouWho verify the points on the list. See if you can find the link to back up the points on the post.

If the whole post can be verified then this is a great list to keep on hand.

If no one can verify then I will remove the list or at least remove the points that cannot be verified.

Thanks,
Tricia

Based on the notion that skeptical detectives often say they do not believe in Coincidences, here’s a current list of Coincidences that we have come up with here. (I apologize for not crediting the folks who provided these Coincidences; I’m not good with names and it’s hard enough keeping up with the posts let alone going back to research who suggested which Coincidence.)

Feel free to suggest additions or to lobby for deletions if you feel a Coincidence doesn’t belong on the list.

I am not including the Burglary gone wrong Vs. Planned attack coincidences – though there are many - b/c LE has said they believe MB was targeted.

updated list of Coincidences
* One day prior to murder, BB tells mother he's been worried about his wife's safety at 5am class
* BB is out of town during the murder
* If notification to BB had been just an hour or so later, he’d have been on his chartered fishing boat and out of cell phone range (not sure how this benefits him, but it is a Coincidence)
* BB works in a church (his own statement)
* Shirt-Gate
* RB (Missy’s FIL) & his wife were out of town*
* Daughter often helped MB w/ the 9am class set-up, but murder occurred at a 5am class
* On a school morning (someone suggested this – but what makes it a Coincidence?)
* BB side of family gives multiple media interviews; MB side is silent
* Penguin/duck walk runs in the male Bever family (BB, RB)
* There’s a bunch of footage of the murderer inside the church, but the murder itself occurred off-camera
* BB posts a link on his FB in March to an article about how the wife of former Eagles band member Randy Meisner was fatally shot in the couple’s home, saying he had just been dreaming about the Eagles the night before. (The shooting was accidental, as the woman was moving a gun from the closet.)

*I thought RB & his wife were living (they are retired and travel extensively) in CA at the time, which would make this not a Coincidence. But I hear ppl say they were ‘out of town.’ Need clarification please.

BBM

I just want to make myself clear, I did not mention the airport because I think BB is involved. I mentioned the airport because it is there, directly behind the church.
Personally I do not have a scenario in my mind yet however I am keeping my mind open because we do not have all the details.

Should the case be that we do have ALL the details at this point then I'm going to go out on a limb and say the perp will never be found. Not based on what we as the public know at this point. Since the perp was covered head to toe (besides the eyes) it is possible no trace evidence was left behind. I truly hope that is not the case.

I agree. Your last paragraph is something that has really been on my mind. I've been thinking that LE may be questioning people and even re-questioning some people, as some locals have vaguely implied, but if they can't place the person at the scene of the crime and they can't find the necessary corroborating evidence, they can't make an arrest. I'm not quite ready to believe the perp will never be found or arrested, since it's just a little over 2 weeks in to the investigation, but every day that passes, just makes me a little less confident that there will be an arrest, or at least a timely arrest.

On the other hand, getting phone records and phone ping information and going through all of that takes a lot of time. Getting items sent for testing back from the lab takes time. Going through all of Missy's social media accounts and friends is probably very time consuming. So maybe LE is just waiting for some final pieces to come through. I hope that's the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper