TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

A source for that info (FB pages of the individuals) are not compliant with TOS so can't be discussed here, as far as I know.

JMO.

EVERYONE, PLEASE READ THIS POST BEFORE YOU POST ANYTHING ELSE

Dear Websleuths Members,

Again we find ourselves trying to moderate based on rules set up for other cases.

Once in a while, our rules do not fit with certain cases and therefore changes need to be made.

We will try and make this as easy as possible.

If you have a question send me a private message, please. Do not post the question on the forum.

FOR OUR NEW MEMBERS: WELCOME TO WEBSLEUTHS!

Websleuths is different than any other forum on the Internet. If you are used to forums like Topix then you are going to find out quickly Websleuths is not Topix. We don’t allow rumors. We don’t allow comments from Facebook or comments from other forums. We work hard to make sure everyone stays on topic. We allow and encourage appropriate sleuthing. Most of all we want you to become involved and enjoy your experience at Websleuths. You can review our rules right here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?159-The-Rules

*Please no personal chatter back and forth. Welcoming someone back or making jokes at other member’s expense is not going to be allowed. The case is about Missy Bever. Please do not make the thread about you.

*If Missy’s husband posts pictures and posts on his personal public Facebook page it can be discussed and you can speculate.

*If you do speculate please do not make comments on their personal appearance. That’s just rude. You can speculate on their behavior but if you want to post something unkind about their looks please don’t.

*Speculation is allowed if it involves someone who has been named in the mainstream media and you can logically put this person at the scene of the crime or can suggest they were somehow involved. Speculation has to be based on some semblance of fact. In other words, you can’t speculate that the dry cleaning people killed Missy. The police have confirmed they believe Missy was targeted. That’s a good place to start.

*Speculation does not mean you can sleuth any of these people. Their lives have been turned upside down and the last thing they want to see is something personal and embarrassing posted on Websleuths for the world to see. No Sleuthing aka no digging into their backgrounds and posting what you find.

* Here is a hypothetical for you: Say you were face to face with the person you are getting ready to post about. This person also knows your real name. Would you say what you are getting ready to post to this person’s face? Please think before you post.

*We have an unfair advantage. We are anonymous. Your words are very powerful and they will be on the Internet forever. You will own those words when the truth is found out about Missy's murder.

To review:

*Yes you can speculate as long as it is logical and done in a mature manner.

*Yes you can discuss the pictures Missy's husband posted on his personal and public Facebook page. You cannot discuss any comments unless they are from Missy’s husband personally.

*Yes you can discuss all pictures/ videos as long as you can source them to a legitimate source . Do not post or discuss the Twitter picture that showed the face blown up. This looks like some sort of photo-shopped picture and it can’t be sourced

I am completely responsible for any confusion that has gone on in this thread. Sparky is doing a great job and she was doing what I taught her to do. I want to publically thank Sparky for her hard work and dedication.

OK Newbies and Old Time Websleuths Members, go forth and DISCUSS!

Sincerely,
Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com
PS. Please forgive spelling and grammatical errors. I am half asleep as I write.

I think this explains it

There could be no vehicle except for a private plane. Things like fences aren't really barriers. My nearly 70 year old dad has no problem getting over and through fences lined with barbed wire when he's out doing real estate work, so I don't think something like a fence as a major barrier to someone who is willing to commit murder and could know they'd overpower a very physically fit trainer. Also for all we know there's an area in the fence that was cut through either by the perp or the perp was aware of an area of the fence that had already been broken if they didn't want to scale the fence directly.

Too much could go wrong being on foot after breaking into a building and especially killing someone. Also waiting on an accompice. Too many people cause too much problems... I say parked in back and left. out same door came in (like the LEO said they think) Only one drive in and out but the building is oddly set on the property and the campers were on the other side of building so very well could have left out even while they were there, lights off, and haul a$$... it raining and storming, people not paying close attention. Evidently so because no veh description. jmho

I missed that BB worked in a church? Was that stated in his interview? TIA.

I believe he stated he worked at "a" church. I think this was the interview where he stated the most likely thing to be stolen from a church is audio/video equipment as it is worth the most of all things at a church.

I don't think you could walk from the church to the airport, at least not directly. There is a creek in between, and that creates a natural barrier. Especially in a rain storm, when the creek would be running higher than normal.

If you look carefully at the satellite images, there aren't any roads or trails that cross that creek, IMO.

So it looks to me that the only way to walk (or drive) from the church to the airport is to walk along the highway and then along the little road leading to the airport. That would be extremely risky, as anybody walking in the dark in a rainstorm would be viewed with suspicion.

It would be good to know what that square white structure is that looks like it's in the creek and there is an old dirt road leading out of it where you can following that cleared area to the parking lot of the airport.

Just for reference,

The Church owns and sits on 19.08 acres (831,124.80 SQFT)
The building is 29,046 SQFT.
The parking lot is 68,000 SQFT

cscoc.png

There is one way in and out (parking lot to road).

So the questions I have been trying to answer in my own mind is: Did camper #1 see anyone leave the parking lot? I'm leaning towards the answer being no.
Is it possible the perp left by vehicle of some sort and camper #1 just missed them before they drove in?

If leaving by foot which direction did the person go? I'm thinking towards the airport. There truly isn't anything else around there for a person to run to except for that airport.

MOO but bound to change as new evidence comes to light. ;)

Too much could go wrong being on foot after breaking into a building and especially killing someone. Also waiting on an accompice. Too many people cause too much problems... I say parked in back and left. out same door came in (like the LEO said they think) Only one drive in and out but the building is oddly set on the property and the campers were on the other side of building so very well could have left out even while they were there, lights off, and haul a$$... it raining and storming, people not paying close attention. Evidently so because no veh description. jmho

Yes! I agree, if you could see the church area/location in person, you'd be able to tell how hard it would be to try to run/escape dressed up in all the gear in pouring rain through all of that muddy land/wooded trees/creek area. Not an easy escape route.

I missed that BB worked in a church? Was that stated in his interview? TIA.

At press conference outside of Police Station

BB: “Okay. You gotta remember, ah, no sleep, ah, I’m in poor – I’m in bad health, ah, and ah, no, I do not believe that she was, ah.. I believe that she was targeted, okay, that’s my opinion. That’s not, that’s not any information that anyone provided me, but ah, I believe she was targeted.”

Reporter 1: “For what reasons?”
Reporter 2: “Yeah, why?”

BB: “Ah, evidence, for reasons of evidence, I’m not gonna say that. Ah, but ah, there’s no reason. There’s no reason .. if a person – you have to ask yourself, if a person is going to break into a church, what are they gonna take? Um, what are they there to steal? AV Equipment? I, I work in a church. Some of the most expensive equipment in a church is AV equipment. Or money from tithings from the previous day.”

This seems most likely to me. I think the car must have been behind the building, and the perp was just lucky enough to leave either before the first camper arrived OR after the first camper arrived - but unseen as the camper was on the other side of the building and didn't see the perp's car.

JMopinion

However the major fly in the ointment with that is that for that to be a better escape route rather than something that nails the perp is that they'd have to know the exterior cameras weren't working. If you know the well-advertised exterior cameras aren't working that can be great, but if you don't know the exterior cameras aren't working, for all you know you'd be picked up the next day for murder as soon as the cops run the license plate of the vehicle in the parking lot. I do think the perp may have known the exterior cameras weren't working and they may have even been the cause of them to not be working, but without knowing for sure that the perp had that level of insider knowledge, escaping by foot is the safest way without the perp possessing critical insider knowledge of the functioning of church security systems on the day of the murder.

Based on the notion that skeptical detectives often say they do not believe in Coincidences, here’s a current list of Coincidences that we have come up with here. (I apologize for not crediting the folks who provided these Coincidences; I’m not good with names and it’s hard enough keeping up with the posts let alone going back to research who suggested which Coincidence.)

Feel free to suggest additions or to lobby for deletions if you feel a Coincidence doesn’t belong on the list.

I am not including the Burglary gone wrong Vs. Planned attack coincidences – though there are many - b/c LE has said they believe MB was targeted.
* There’s a bunch of footage of the murderer inside the church, but the murder itself occurred off-camera
[.

Respectfully snipped and bbm..

Female Reporter: asks if they know if it was fairly quick

Captain]Spann: " pretty quick after she got there again timeline boot camp members arriving Again we know the time when she entered the church which i believe is, around 418 again -approx time - then we see her walking down main hallway in the vicinity where we located her. but once she gets out of the range of the camera it doesn't pick up the motion and the camera turns off -so we have no video of the assault taking place."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8&feature=youtu.be

Sorry if this has been asked and answered but I am on info overload after catching up. The "friend" from the gym or workout place, is he the only person who has said in recent weeks that MB didn't seem like herself? He even went on to state that he believed she was not at the wrong place at the wrong time and that he believed someone was after her. I don't recall any of her family saying her demeanor had changed in recent weeks. It's possible that I missed that, so did any of her family say she didn't seem like herself? Of all people, I would think they would notice that.

I have only seen the "Missy didn't seem like herself lately" type of statements from Marc Garcia so far. He has been quoted in a similar way in several articles and he appeared on Nancy Grace and pretty much said the same thing.

Here's one article:

"She seemed a little ... a little more reserved." said Garcia. "I don't think she was at the wrong place at the wrong time. I feel like someone was after her."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/family-...exas-church-murder-victim-terri-missy-bevers/

At press conference outside of Police Station

BB: “Okay. You gotta remember, ah, no sleep, ah, I’m in poor – I’m in bad health, ah, and ah, no, I do not believe that she was, ah.. I believe that she was targeted, okay, that’s my opinion. That’s not, that’s not any information that anyone provided me, but ah, I believe she was targeted.”

Reporter 1: “For what reasons?”
Reporter 2: “Yeah, why?”

BB: “Ah, evidence, for reasons of evidence, I’m not gonna say that. Ah, but ah, there’s no reason. There’s no reason .. if a person – you have to ask yourself, if a person is going to break into a church, what are they gonna take? Um, what are they there to steal? AV Equipment? I, I work in a church. Some of the most expensive equipment in a church is AV equipment. Or money from tithings from the previous day.”

Please link your source. Thanks!

I don't think you could walk from the church to the airport, at least not directly. There is a creek in between, and that creates a natural barrier. Especially in a rain storm, when the creek would be running higher than normal.

If you look carefully at the satellite images, there aren't any roads or trails that cross that creek, IMO.

So it looks to me that the only way to walk (or drive) from the church to the airport is to walk along the highway and then along the little road leading to the airport. That would be extremely risky, as anybody walking in the dark in a rainstorm would be viewed with suspicion.

Bill I'm just throwing this out there because we own several acres and have a creek that runs through our property that dumps into the lake. I think it depends on how wide the creek is. I can cross at several places with no problems even if it has water in it. Our pond even dumps into the creek and though both were full last week we could still cross by foot.

However the major fly in the ointment with that is that for that to be a better escape route rather than something that nails the perp is that they'd have to know the exterior cameras weren't working. If you know the well-advertised exterior cameras aren't working that can be great, but if you don't know the exterior cameras aren't working, for all you know you'd be picked up the next day for murder as soon as the cops run the license plate of the vehicle in the parking lot. I do think the perp may have known the exterior cameras weren't working and they may have even been the cause of them to not be working, but without knowing for sure that the perp had that level of insider knowledge, escaping by foot is the safest way without the perp possessing critical insider knowledge of the functioning of church security systems on the day of the murder.

I agree. Then again, Suspect came dressed as was or at least on camera so could even have stolen a car. LEO is way smarter than any criminal. I just pray the 2 didnt mix in this instance. LOL and in Texas they have plates on the front and back of vehicles and if your gonna commit murder lol stealing lic plates wouldn't be a biggie. But I agree Suspect had some kind of know about the building . jmho

I read a lot of people talking about the airport. I believe this is caused by tunnel vision. People believe a certain individual or two that is out of town is responsible. So to fit their scenario they need to explain how they got back and forth so quickly. But I don't think this can be true for many reasons.

1. Someone else mentioned the creek between the church and airport and how the rain would cause it to rise.
2. Another mentioned this airport is "monitored", the planes coming and going are recorded.
3. I think the LE or a camper would have seen/heard an airplane leaving. By the time the perp got back to airport and ready to take off would be more than 30 minutes I believe.
4. LE stated they saw a vehicle of possibly the perp on video in the parking lot. If left overnight it would have been there once LE arrived.
5. Perp would have been in the air when they probably got calls about her murder.

Couple of locals has stated their beliefs that BB or any family not involved. This is also stated by Tricia who had an interview with a local blogger/reporter who I am sure told her many things off the record. I also believed in the beginning they were involved and tried to find ways they could have done it. But with newer information and beliefs from the people above I have let this scenario go. I hope most of you do also because if my wife was murdered I would be still by mourning and would not want constant accusal of me being the perp.

Thanks for reading...

Bill I'm just throwing this out there because we own several acres and have a creek that runs through our property that dumps into the lake. I think it depends on how wide the creek is. I can cross at several places with no problems even if it has water in it. Our pond even dumps into the creek and though both were full last week we could still cross by foot.

Maybe the idiot did lol go through and will wash up down stream ;) but I dont think went out that way.

bbm

Do we even know how many outside cameras there are? I know I've seen the one beside the door under the awning, but are there others? I would not be surprised if the back or one side of the building was not within camera range at all. It doesn't look like the best camera system in the world, IMO

Marking my spot Lawd hope nothing big happen I will never get caught up. Going to lunch....

Also, from looking at some of the locals FB and just general perceptions, there seems to be quite a few bikers and also quite a few LE (or ex LE) around the area. I find this interesting, but is it correct or have I just got a warped view of Texasland based on who I'm sleuthing?

I do think motorbike could have been a possible option for the perps vehicle; it would be easier to "hide" round the back of the building, a quicker getaway, and nobody would question someone on a bike with a helmet on.

bbm

This would not surprise me. I know it is not uncommon for LE and FF who work in the DFW Metroplex to live out in the "country" where the cost of living is lower and you get the perks of being in a smaller town.

If I go to all the trouble of planning this murder. I'm stealing a car too. The cameras did not bother itninside. Doubt the outside ones were going to. If he parked far away from the building, maybe that was to make Missy think the car was just left there for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper