TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, can someone help me here? If you're traveling from (Biloxi) Mississippi to Texas do you go through Louisiana? I'm a bit geographically challenged. (Asking for a friend) TIA.

Yes, you do go through Louisiana. Going through Shreveport, LA would be typical for driving towards north TX (Midlothian area).

BBM I agree. Here's a new People Magazine article with this tidbit:

"In a press release issued on Tuesday, police said they "continue to vigorously track down every single lead that comes in." Investigators are refraining from releasing further details, writing in the release, "We believe this is information that only the killer would know.""

http://www.people.com/article/texas...ri-missy-bevers-died-multiple-puncture-wounds

I think he did some graffiti tags in the church, but jmo.

BBM I agree. Here's a new People Magazine article with this tidbit:

"In a press release issued on Tuesday, police said they "continue to vigorously track down every single lead that comes in." Investigators are refraining from releasing further details, writing in the release, "We believe this is information that only the killer would know.""

http://www.people.com/article/texas...ri-missy-bevers-died-multiple-puncture-wounds

Unless there is an arrest imminent, I still think there's things we don't know for this reason. The COD has still not been released and there was some reason the K9 was brought in. I'm still thinking a gun - possibly a stolen one from the Ellis County Sheriff's - was used (and would also explain ATF and US Marshalls being involved). I think we may still find out that Missy shot with a disabling wound and if that turns out to be true, that would reduce the physical skills needed for the perp to take Missy on.

Wait, can someone help me here? If you're traveling from (Biloxi) Mississippi to Texas do you go through Louisiana? I'm a bit geographically challenged. (Asking for a friend) TIA.

Yes. By car, it's Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, then Florida.

Please provide backup links to your statements.

I did indicate jmo which is really needed in a case with so little confirmed info from LE. The agencies involved with this case are mentioned at the beginning of these threads, and throughout this long narrative. Hope this helps.

Because of the way the Affidavit reads and the way the Chief and Captain were evasive on thing. JMHO, they have video of them together or of the Suspect in that area at the same time frame. Just not the assault. I pray they do some dna evidence

1) According to Chief Smith timeline, first responders arriving were the Fire Department.( Here, the first responders are the LEO after they arrive, saw the medics and the female on the floor with broken glass )

Page 6/8 Search Warrant for iPhone & iPad
As first responders arrived on scene they observed several exterior and internal doors with extensive damage to them as well as broken glass through out the inside of the church.

At Approximately 0418 hours the victim Terri Bevers is observed entering the building through the main door under the awning area. The video shows Terri Bevers walking toward where the suspects location. Neither the suspect nor victim were seen again on video. The victim was later found deceased at the south west corner of the interior of the building.

2)
From the Press Conference

Chief Smith: When officers arrived "medics were attending an unresponsive female, Officers noted a lot of glass on floor as well as the female. They started a search of the building, to make sure there were no other individuals in the facility, DURING THE SEARCH the officers found evidence force entry into the building indicating a possible burglary. The entire building was searched and no body was found. After that the victim was pronounced deceased by the Ellis County Justice of the Peace....

Captain Spann @ 815 mark
once officers got there -prelim search they did determine that there was forced entry into the building, broken glass through out the building --from that determined that it was possibly a burglary that she possibly walked in and interrupted

1142 mark
Female Reporter: Is Ms Bevers in the video as well?

Captain Spann: " the video that were are going to release is of the Suspect, there is no video of the assault that took place , there is video of Ms Bevers as she first entered the church but don't believe that's with video being released right now, out of respect for the family"

Female Reporter: asks if they know if it was fairly quick

Captain Spann: " pretty quick after she got there again timeline boot camp members arriving Again we know the time when she entered the church which i believe is, around 418 again -approx time - then we see her walking down main hallway in the vicinity where we located her. but once she gets out of the range of the camera it doesn't pick up the motion and the camera turns off -so we have no video of the assault taking place."

Male Reporter : did suspect stay around

Captain Spann: we believe he left shortly after the assault ... don't have any indication went into any other rooms after the assult. still piecing together the video

Female Reporter : is he seen fleeing? is he seen after the assault?

Captain Spann :again we see him walking down one of the hallways, but presumably he went out the same way came in, speculation on our part but he broke window reached in and opened the door. there are 2nd and 3rd windows broken but no evidence that anyone went through them
*** so they have time stamp video of Suspect walking down a hallway after the assault, that's what he is saying correct, going back out the way came in? Kitchen/hallway?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8&feature=youtu.be

SW area of the building MY VISION CREEKSIDE LAYOUT SW CORNER HIGHLIGHTED.jpg

Unless there is an arrest imminent, I still think there's things we don't know for this reason. The COD has still not been released and there was some reason the K9 was brought in. I'm still thinking a gun - possibly a stolen one from the Ellis County Sheriff's - was used (and would also explain ATF and US Marshalls being involved). I think we may still find out that Missy shot with a disabling wound and if that turns out to be true, that would reduce the physical skills needed for the perp to take Missy on.

I haven't read anything about a gun. Do you have a link please? tia

Don't recall the use of any scent hounds, but might have been. BATF brought the dog trained to detect explosives. Most murders are investigated by local LE, this one was different. I know the FBI will enter missing children investigations, and kidnapping investigations. The US Marshals work with gang related murders. So, my question is just what specifically was it about this murder/crime scene which brought all of these agencies in ? I think there are some answers on the video of the murderer that the public has not seen. jmo, though

Someone had mentioned in an earlier thread that the ATF may have been brought in because the crime happened in a church. I don't know the standard protocol for crimes committed in churches or schools, but I think it's reasonable to think that there might be different concerns about a murder committed in a church than a murder committed in someone's home, at least initially. But there may be other reasons that LE was concerned or suspicious of a gun or a bomb being used or left at the scene.

Some articles have stated that the FBI has been providing special case-tracking software to MPD for this case to help them with the hundreds of tips they have received. MPD is a fairly small department without much homicide experience so I got the impression that they asked for help from anyone and everyone who could assist.

Watch him raise his left hand up as he walks in. It does kind of give off the impression of a flash light motion but I am positive he has a head lamp on so I am not sure what he is doing with his left hand here? Sorry it shows up smaller when I post it making it hard to see.
attachment.php
In this video as soon as his/her hand is up there is a definite reflection of light off of either eye goggles/glasses or face shield, so I'm thinking the suspect is using a flashlight to look at something high on wall as soon as he opens the door.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

I did indicate jmo which is really needed in a case with so little confirmed info from LE. The agencies involved with this case are mentioned at the beginning of these threads, and throughout this long narrative. Hope this helps.

Yes and I apologize for my abrasiveness. I don't mean it.

it is a fact women homicide victims are predominantly killed by a spouse. In a discussion sometimes stating the OBVIOUS is helpful

what puzzles me is...in looking at google street view of the church - there is only one drive in/out. I would think that surely one of the early arriving "campers" would have seen this vehicle leaving the church as they were arriving.

If you are talking about the suspect’s vehicle, it could have been gone for as long as 15 minutes when the first camper arrived.

I haven't read anything about a gun. Do you have a link please? tia

The ATF brought in a dog that specializes in sniffing out bullets and bombs:
One federal agency confirmed Wednesday night they’re assisting in the case. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) local bomb sniffing dog “Titan” and his Agent have searched the building and grounds of the church. Some clues “Titan” could hit on are cast off gun casings and gun residue. Officials didn’t say whether or not the dog provided any breaks in the case.
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/04/20/creekside-churchs-exterior-cameras-off-day-of-midlothian-murder/

Yes and I apologize for my abrasiveness. I don't mean it.

No worries. Personally, I think this thread has held together really well,considering the dearth of info from LE. Some clever people posting here, including Starry Night...:)

I trust that I have this right.. Heads up if I'm wrong and will remove.

If the perp saw the cameras in the main hallway, IMO perhaps they may have exited the other way back to their entrance point. If there are cameras on that side then LE will have caught the per exiting at some stage I would expect.

I've used turquoise colored dots for the possible exit.

Attachments

• MAP-church.png
    MAP-church.png
    794 KB · Views: 66
I have a bad feeling that when we get all of the info, it's going to be far more chilling and brutal than we could have imagined.. [emoji45]

Bevop, you've gone from universal generalization to specific accusation in record brevity.

Now, if you could just fill this sandwich in with means, motive, opportunity, and evidence, we might have something to sink our teeth into. ;)

I do think reminding folks that female murder victims are most often murdered by a spouse is helpful as there is nothing NEW here for you to sink your teeth into. <modsnip>

it is a fact women homicide victims are predominantly killed by a spouse. In a discussion sometimes stating the OBVIOUS is helpful

It is also a fact that LE has confirmed that Missy's spouse was out of state when she was killed, so I don't know of what value the statistics are here, whether or not they are obvious to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee