TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:welcome: newbies !!!! I searched for this thread yesterday but was using her nickname and that didn't seem to work.
This is a bizarre and tragic case. I do not not know what I think about the perp but thank God for the church's cameras.
I will be suprised if this is a burglary gone wrong.

This is a totally crazy theory but what if the person in SWAT was actually casing the church and had planned to come back later and do an ambush style shooting at the church. Mrs Bevers could have walked in on that and the suspect could have just freaked out and didn't know what to do and ended up killing her. Again this is a pretty crazy theory.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Would the rent be substantially higher there (do you know)?

I'm not sure. I believe that most of Missy's CG camps took place outside. Parks, parking lots, etc. I am not even sure that they were going to be inside the center, maybe she would just have a place to store all her equipment. There is a large parking lot at the civic center that would have been perfect for class.

I find it odd that the lights are on inside the church at night. That might be standard operating procedure for them--to leave lights on, or they may be motion-activated, or the perp might have turned the lights on.

I make this observation because, even though the church is somewhat remote, if a person driving past or who pulled up in the parking lot saw lights on, they might well could see someone walking around inside. And that could be why the perp wears the tactical gear with "POLICE" and "SWAT" written in huge letters on the gear.

Someone pulls up, "That's odd: the lights are on." "I can see someone walking around in there." "Oh, it's a police officer. I guess I don't need to call the police to report it because they are already here."

KWIM?

Maybe just me, but in the odd chance I were to see a lone SWAT guy inside a church at 4:00 AM - with no other police activity - I'd call it in.

This is a totally crazy theory but what if the person in SWAT was actually casing the church and had planned to come back later and do an ambush style shooting at the church. Mrs Bevers could have walked in on that and the suspect could have just freaked out and didn't know what to do and ended up killing her. Again this is a pretty crazy theory.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I really don't think so, the doors he or she was opening were to class rooms which contain nothing of value. The office is very easy to locate and in my opinion would have been where the perp would have been focused on if they were going to steal something or come back later but it would have been a Monday and only a few people would have been there, secretary and maybe a few employees.

If it was targeted why does the suspect bother breaking in to the church and messing around leaving a potential trail of evidence? Why not lay in wait outside somewhere and quickly perform the deed?

Same question with getting into a scuffle inside the church. Why does that happen rather than the killer lay in wait and shoot from a hidden position if she was indeed shot?

If it was targeted why does the suspect bother breaking in to the church and messing around leaving a potential trail of evidence? Why not lay in wait outside somewhere and quickly perform the deed?

Same question with getting into a scuffle inside the church. Why does that happen rather than the killer lay in wait and shoot from a hidden position if she was indeed shot?

Yes, I mentioned this as well.
Seems like a lot of effort was needed to get into the church.
If she was targeted, why not kill her before she entered?

I definitely do not think this was a robbery gone bad. He was waiting for her specifically and arrived prior to her for the purpose of waiting for her. If she'd just interrupted a robbery, he'd have no reason to kill her since he was completely in disguise. I'm going with hired hit.

So....this person seems pretty casual walking around with a loaded weapon, as if s/he is comfortable with that. I would assume that someone unfamiliar with guns would feel and look awkward carrying one.

If the object is a gun, the apparent familiarity with it is in contrast to the person's apparent lack of athleticism and lack of fluid movement in the Swat gear. Maybe this points to somebody familiar with weapons, but only on target ranges and has not been formally trained in Swat or police tactics?

Regarding business alarms in Midlothian: A permit is required for all business alarms in the City of Midlothian. This permit must be placed on the exterior of the building in a location visible to police and fire personnel.

Makes businesses without an alarm easy targets. jmo

Ohhhhh, I just thought of something else.
Perhaps the rummaging around was done to look for the storage location for the video surveillance footage. Again, jmo.

"The suspect used force to enter a couple of rooms within the church," police said in a statement.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-texas-crime-idUSKCN0XG2H6

I can see why they are open to it being a burglary with multiple rooms inside being broke into. I have heard/read about churches being robbed before the deposit can be made on monday.

LE stated that they did know if he/she was carrying a weapon
If that is a gun in the video.. LE would know

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ess-coach.html

That link is ten hours old, so it is quite possible they know more now then when that was written

Regarding the weapon or tool that the perp is carrying - I see different things in different video views. At first I thought it was a flashlight, but it does look different in other video frames. Those SWAT uniforms have a tool belt. The perp could have switched tools at some point -- more than once, really.

In the view of him/her opening the double doors, it looks like he/she puts something into the waist area -- he/she approaches the door with a hammer-looking tool in the left hand and seems to walk away with nothing in his/her hands.

Also, I imagine that the police have more video than what we are seeing.

I found a picture of her with someone by the name of Kevin Locks who is in same way connected with Camp Gladiator, but it's not clear to me what exactly he does:
http://www.midlothianchamber.org/news-updates/check-out-our-ribbon-cutting-pictures-2014-06-1369
It sounds like he's in some way affiliated with both hers another CG:
While finally a quick thank you to Kevin Locks from Camp Gladiator (Midlothian and Grand Prairie), who was kind enough to have us out to camp to both locations this week.
http://fieldtomeal.com/blog3.html
With the other one he trains with them on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays:
https://www.facebook.com/kevin.locks.77/posts/1190471154314464
And I see this reference that he trains with them on Tuesdays and Thursdays:
http://closedb.com/place/440112549471836/Baxters-Cowboy-Emporium
So it sounds like whoever did this avoided going against two personal trainers at once with this happening on a Monday when he isn't there, though I've seen no mention of him in the news as one of the ones who sometimes was there to assist, so it could be that something recently changed in the business.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...2!3m1!1s0x864ef4e6edd7077f:0xe669ea29f7add587

Google earth of the church. The highway there is probably 65 or 70 mph and the church is not right on the road. You'd have to be paying very close attention, while driving 70 , to notice what was going on inside that church. This is in response to if any bypassers may have seen someone inside. If this is their normal route to work, then they may know at about that time people go to the church for the workout or whatever reason and don't make a point of noticing what goes on. It's actually an ideal location if you're looking to ambush someone.....js

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robinhood0602