TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is that it is a man with intellectual difficulties. May one of her special needs students she taught years ago.

When officers arrived at the church, they found “lots of broken glass” on the floor around Bevers and “evidence of forced entry into the building, indicating a possible burglary,” Spann said.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/state/texas/article72559167.html

According to the reports, mum-of-three Terri Bevers arrived at the Creekside Church of Christ in Midlothian –25 miles South West of Dallas, Texas – at 4:18 a.m. on Monday to set up a 5am fitness class. The suspect was seen on cameras for the first time at around 3:50am. Even when the camera also recorded Bever’s entry to the church, it didn’t record the assault, said Midlothian Police Capt. John Spann.

http://www.pulseheadlines.com/fitness-trainer-called-terri-death-church-texas/26854/

I wonder if she had a key or did she enter were it was broken into? With that being said was she found were the suspect broke in (the broken glass) or did the broken glass happen during the assault.?

Am I reading this correctly?
There is no video of the killer entering the church, but video of him/her in and around the interior?

But The report says also when referring to Terry being seen entering the church.
The link says( can't copy) 'You can see him walking through the halls, thats really the only thing you can see him doing"

If the killer entered the same way Terry did, both should be on video

Were there men and women in the fitness group ? Could perp be female and the spouse of a man who joined the fitness group and she was jealous that he's spending time sweating with other ladies?

Members refer to their "FitFam" (fit family). It appears to be quite a bonding opportunity.

Not sure if this link has been posted, but much info in this article with new video of suspect's right-toe-outward gait. The video's 'still' shot shows suspect in direct tile line with adjacent hallway door, and it's obvious this is not a 6' tall person.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/husband-of-woman-murdered-at-midlothian-church-speaks-out/143107339

The article also mentions the autopsy is complete but they are withholding releasing COD at this time. Ten thousand dollar reward for tip leading to arrest and grand jury indictment.

Going in somewhat random direction...can one of our locals give us an idea as to the drug crime stats in Midlothian? Is it a noticeable or ongoing problem in the area?

Drugs in midlothian? Maybe pot. But that's about it.

I'm pretty sure they're watching the Bever's social media early on... I don't REALLY know a thing, but it matches up with we sleuth theory

It can't hurt to bring it to their attention. They are asking the public for help

The killer didn't enter in the main door, he/she broke and climbed in a window. The entryways have glass doors and so those couldn't be broken through without alerting the victim. Also, there were cameras at the entryways, so the killer didn't want to be on camera any more than necessary. I imagine that he/she wanted to be inside the building when victim arrived, so as to take her by surprise. I also believe the killer was casing the inside of the joint to see if he/she could find the location of the security camera recording units.

ba2a3bbdcae1943887ac8454d0823343.jpg

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Ho...-Dead-Inside-Midlothian-Church-376089631.html

Sent from my iPhone

This video shows a gray Ford truck reportedly driven by Missy parked under the awning on the east side of the church.
I'm also slightly familiar with this church and area. I attended a special event a couple of years ago.

The killer didn't enter in the main door, he/she broke and climbed in a window. The entryways have glass doors and so those couldn't be broken through without alerting the victim. Also, there were cameras at the entryways, so the killer didn't want to be on camera any more than necessary. I image that he/she wanted to be inside the building when victim arrived, so as to take her by surprise. I also believe the killer was casing the inside of the joint to see if he/she could find the location of the security camera recording units.

And that is kind of how I feel, The killer broke in and when Terry arrived she came in a different entry and didn't notice broken glass. So, its quite possible the broken glass was not staged as was suggested..JMO

There are some unhappy reviews of CG affiliates. The reviewers complain of getting injured and not getting their membership canceled in a timely manner, or getting overcharged. Maybe the gimp is real and resulted from an injury sustained while exercising. Maybe this is an unhappy customer. It'd be nice if the police release video of the perp going back to their car in order to see how she walked/ran once she got away from the interior cameras.

I would suggest (and I am sure this has already happened) that the cops review the security tapes from the past month's services to check for visitors who were attending and casing the joint. Shouldn't be hard to spot out-of-place people meandering the hallways and checking out the security cameras.

EDITED TO ADD: And this would be valuable whether it was an intended murder or just a burglary.

The killer didn't enter in the main door, he/she broke and climbed in a window. The entryways have glass doors and so those couldn't be broken through without alerting the victim. Also, there were cameras at the entryways, so the killer didn't want to be on camera any more than necessary. I imagine that he/she wanted to be inside the building when victim arrived, so as to take her by surprise. I also believe the killer was casing the inside of the joint to see if he/she could find the location of the security camera recording units.

Mr. Carson, who said the perp broke in and/climbed through a window? Re "The entryways have glass doors and so those couldn't be broken through without alerting the victim" the perp was there prior to the victim as depicted on the cameras.

When Teresa Sievers was murdered and her husband was out of town, my response was "how convenient." I've probably watched too many 48 Hours, Dateline,and ID Discovery crime shows, but it seems like a spouse's out-of-town trip when a murder is committed often turns out to be set up for an alibi.

Sorry to be a bother....what's the link to the interview?

Curiously, this morning, Missy's friends are back up to 1861. Yesterday morning they numbered 1861. Then they went down to 1860 a bit later. Yesterday someone changed to the title to "remembering" Missy Bevers. And whoever had access must've also accepted a new friend request because now the friends are back up to 1861.

Please let me know if I got this wrong. I don't see a way to determine who unfriended, and who friended, but it's weird. I'm sure I checked the number 1860 after a poster noted the number. Did other people look at the numbers or am I imagining this?

1861 is what I see as well now. If someone changed privacy settings, they would not been seen in friends list, but I think friend count reflects them.

Mr. Carson, who said the perp broke in and/climbed through a window? Re "The entryways have glass doors and so those couldn't be broken through without alerting the victim" the perp was there prior to the victim as depicted on the cameras.

In the initial reporting from Monday afternoon, at least one news crew was filming outside the church building and they showed where a crew was repairing a side window that had been busted out. It appeared to be a little off the ground, as they were using a ladder to reach the top of the window, like it was on the side of the building where the ground sloped down toward the creek.

In the initial reporting from Monday afternoon, at least one news crew was filming outside the church building and they showed where a crew was repairing a side window that had been busted out. It appeared to be a little off the ground, as they were using a ladder to reach the top of the window, like it was on the side of the building where the ground sloped down toward the creek.

Do you have a link to that video? I would love to see where this is?

There are some unhappy reviews of CG affiliates. The reviewers complain of getting injured and not getting their membership canceled in a timely manner, or getting overcharged. Maybe the gimp is real and resulted from an injury sustained while exercising. Maybe this is an unhappy customer. It'd be nice if the police release video of the perp going back to their car in order to see how she walked/ran once she got away from the interior cameras.

I read a news report that there were no working cameras on the exterior of the building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biph