TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything is possible at this point.
I seem to recall that the church is out of the way,so I have no idea if noise would be a problem
The killer was inside the church at least a half hour before Terry arrived.
Was it actually posted on FB that the class would be inside?
I know it was a rain or shine situation

No I heard it initially on the news. Here is one article that states it was forced inside because of the rain we were having

"The boot camp class, called "Camp Gladiator," usually takes place outdoors, but rain in the area forced the class inside Monday. Investigators found a lot of broken glass in the church, though nothing seemed to be missing."

www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/fitness-instructor-murdered-texas-church-article-1.2606128

Oops, quote didn't work. This is in response to earlier comments about suspect's toe pointing out similar to a dancer...

I agree he/she walks like a farm girl, though I don't necessarily see 'dancer' here. Have some of that in the family and really don't see it in this shorter-than-average person's physique or walk--she swings her arms too much and her walk and movements aren't necessarily graceful. In fact, at the risk of reading too much into it, my first impression was more that this person had almost a duck walk verging on waddling. Toe-pointing-out gait is also found in people who have flat feet and/or people who are somewhat uncoordinated (also in the family, and the mother told by a doc, lol). Standing still with the weight on one leg (other knee slightly bent) also tends to be more commonly done with people who are not lightweights.

I have a similar gait. My husband is always telling me to stop turning my toes out when I walk because he thinks doing so would improve my back pain. I have had chronic back pain since I was a teen-ager. I have a slight twist to my spine that makes one of my hips higher than the other one so I lean on one side (the shorter side) when standing still and compensate the imbalance by throwing my feet out when I walk. Very much like this perp. I am a little overweight but I haven't always been so and I've walked like this for many years with no difference due to my weight.

I don't think this perp wore shoes that are too big which is what some are theorizing has caused the odd shuffle. This seems to well planned out to risk foiling due to floppy shoes. I saw the drone video taken from overhead the church. This perp took a huge risk going onto the church property!

I heard a snippet on Fox, (gretchen carlson) that a car was seen in the parking lot, (video)? and that LE is looking at other cctv footage from the area to see if it is seen there as well.

I read that as well, don't recall which report
I don't think they can see a plate number

Still undecided if this was a man or woman.

Her husband left on Sunday for a fishing trip to Biloxi. Did the three girls get themselves off to school???

IMHO

If this was a burglary gone bad , why the need for a face mask and goggles ?

Besides being seen on camera maybe Terri would recognize her,if she happened to get away or survive the attack.I think Terri new of this person.

Still undecided if this was a man or woman.

Her husband left on Sunday for a fishing trip to Biloxi. Did the three girls get themselves off to school???

IMHO

She would have been home in plenty of time to get the kids to school. I am sure they haven't been to school all week now.

I watched the newest video of the suspect. That has to be a woman, first of all. The walk is all wrong for a guy. Also, and this is what makes me believe Bevers was targeted . . . it's one thing to wear a mask and dark clothing to commit a burglary. But a helmet? Shin guards? No burglar is going to do that.

In addition, a man who is going to attack a woman wouldn't wear those protection items--he wouldn't believe he needed them, despite her being a workout nut. But . . . a woman would, wanting as much of an advantage as possible.

I agree - the perp in that outfit is dressed ready for combat. S/he knew her victim was tough and physically fit, and the perp came prepared.

As for the theory it was someone in the church upset that this group was using the space, I have thought of that too. I didn't mention it because I didn't want to get into a religious debate, but I can see this discussion is keeping away from that so I'll chime in with another of my "wild speculations." The group name was Gladiators, which might remind someone of Roman gladiators... who were not exactly popular and beloved people in New Testament times. An emotionally unstable church-goer who was offended by"gladiator" training might have been moved to stop it.

But, I'm thinking it was either a hired hit (which would explain the casual attitude while she waits for Missy to show up) or a personal hit.

I do like the idea of looking at past videos showing Sunday congregants and visitors....someone with that gait might stand out.

Jmo

As for the

I am unfamiliar with this type of workout and the equipment that would be used.I can tell from photo's of Terri that she was physically fit. I think that is the reason for the swat outfit as well including knee pads, they knew they were in for a fight. I wonder if it was a piece of equipment that was used and that is what also broke the glass. I am trying to imagine what could have been used to break that glass were it would be all around her body. At the link below in the video there is a glass table to the left of the suspect as they walk forward. I have looked at the doors inside that place and I am not seeing alot of glass, see a think glass tables were involved. jmo Oh and I do find it odd that her husband does not believe she was the target and that he doesn't believe she knew the killer. just odd to me.

Husband of fitness instructor found dead at Midlothian church doesn’t believe she knew her killer

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/...oman-is-found-dead-at-midlothian-church.html/

I agree - the perp in that outfit is dressed ready for combat. S/he knew her victim was tough and physically fit, and the perp came prepared.

As for the theory it was someone in the church upset that this group was using the space, I have thought of that too. I didn't mention it because I didn't want to get into a religious debate, but I can see this discussion is keeping away from that so I'll chime in with another of my "wild speculations." The group name was Gladiators, which might remind someone of Roman gladiators... who were not exactly popular and beloved people in New Testament times. An emotionally unstable church-goer who was offended by"gladiator" training might have been moved to stop it.

But, I'm thinking it was either a hired hit (which would explain the casual attitude while she waits for Missy to show up) or a personal hit.

I do like the idea of looking at past videos showing Sunday congregants and visitors....someone with that gait might stand out.

Jmo

As for the

I don't think it had anything to do with her using/participating in the Gladiator camps. There are a lot of things that I didn't like about Midlothian growing up there and still now that I've moved back, but I will say that the Midlo community is great about letting people/organizations borrowing/using their building/facilities/churches.

There was a photo early on (end of a video, actually) that showed an exterior door with doorknob and its plate completely removed-- also, the long narrow window above that door was broken out. It's my understanding that they have video also of the suspect breaking in by way of this entry. The door did not look to be a main door, but was at the end of a narrow hallway. I've not read in any reports that the killer got in via a window.

I'll see if I can find that early video and post it here.

Here is the link to video clip I saw earlier showing the broken-into door:

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/woman-found-dead-inside-midlothian-church/140954492

The clip shows the front doors of the building (undisturbed), the side doors under the Porte cohere where she was unloading (crime scene taped but don't appear to be broken), and a last, smaller door with tall narrow window that was broken out. That door's exterior handle had also been completely jimmied off. That door was probably a side or rear service door; it was ajar and you could see the small vestibule inside with large black trash receptacle and interior door. I'll post some screenshots in the next post.

I wonder if the outside cameras ever worked, or if they just stopped working recently. I would not put it past our killer to disable the cameras the week before.

In that new video, it also seems like the suspect--who I believe is a woman--has some kind of limp in her right leg. She doesn't just walk strangely because her toes point out. But she has a kink in her walk, like a bad hip or something. Her walk isn't even. Instead of . . . step . . . step . . . step . . . step. It's more like . . . step . . . step, step . . . step. But not quite that pronounced.

It also appears when she opens that half door like she is just going through the motions. Like she is pretending to look for something, instead of actually looking. There's no "passion" behind the opening of the doors at all. In fact, if you watch, as she walks away from the camera her head/eyes aren't pointed at that door at all. They're pointed down the hall. And only at the last second does she look at the door and open it. Granted, usually I'd think that would mean she was worried about someone appearing at the end of the hall. However, her walking is so relaxed, she doesn't appear to have any fear at all. So, really, she's looking down the hall for no reason, and the opening of the door is merely some kind of random thing to do while walking around the inside of the church.

As others have said, because of this, I could come to believe that she is stalling, all in an effort to make it look like burglary . . . which it isn't. All this actually kind of reminds me of the Jack Reacher film from a couple years ago--a random killing that wasn't random at all.

To clarify what I said in fewer words: The suspect seems to be "acting" like someone would think a burglar would act going through a church. NOT somebody who is actually a burglar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks