TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As for the theory it was someone in the church upset that this group was using the space, I have thought of that too. I didn't mention it because I didn't want to get into a religious debate, but I can see this discussion is keeping away from that so I'll chime in with another of my "wild speculations." The group name was Gladiators, which might remind someone of Roman gladiators... who were not exactly popular and beloved people in New Testament times. An emotionally unstable church-goer who was offended by"gladiator" training might have been moved to stop it.

It could have been an unhinged church member, but I would pursue a different motive. Perhaps the chuch has undergone an internal dispute leading to the ouster and replacement of some ministers? Maybe the victim could have been perceived to have taken sides in it.

Also, did the victim hold any ministerial function at the church such as youth leader, bible study director, out reach coordinator etc. ? On two occasions over the years, I have seen otherwise rational adults get very territorial and jealous about who gets to lead what unpaid ministry and for how long, what should and should not be an official ministry, and who is or is not encroaching on their ministerial "territory".

Then again, nobody got killed at the churches I went to, but it has probably happened before somewhere.

No way someone would dress like this for a burglary unless they were mentally ill, living in a comic book/fantasy world or both.

Drugs in midlothian? Maybe pot. But that's about it.

a neighbor sold his house to his aunt, she was raising her grandkids, they were from Duncanville, She came over to my house after just one month and said they were moving back cause her kids didnt like the schools. her comment was " Poor little rich kids have nothing to spend thier money on but Cocaine". I dunno how true that is but that was their impression, and Duncanville? Are you kidding me LOL

It could have been an unhinged church member, but I would pursue a different motive. Perhaps the chuch has undergone an internal dispute leading to the ouster and replacement of some ministers? Maybe the victim could have been perceived to have taken sides in it.

Also, did the victim hold any ministerial function at the church such as youth leader, bible study director, out reach coordinator etc. ? On two occasions over the years, I have seen otherwise rational adults get very territorial and jealous about who gets to lead what unpaid ministry and for how long, what should and should not be an official ministry, and who is or is not encroaching on their ministerial "territory".

Then again, nobody got killed at the churches I went to, but it has probably happened before somewhere.

I think the motive will be very common.

Geez, maybe it was a random act. Terri sees an open door or lights on and goes in to see about it. Nah, I think this was intentional.

Thanks for pointing that out. I doubt she had a key.

I think it is likely she had a key. I teach boot camp at a church, and yes, I have a key.

Some may remember the David Messerschmitt case where an arrest exposed a woman posing as a man; was caught on camera in security gear. (different state and she's still in jail)

She was flat-footed and waddled in a similar manner in the surveillance footage. I suspect there is considerable padding in the groin area if a female were to wear a male set of SWAT gear.

All opinion of course.

a neighbor sold his house to his aunt, she was raising her grandkids, they were from Duncanville, She came over to my house after just one month and said they were moving back cause her kids didnt like the schools. her comment was " Poor little rich kids have nothing to spend thier money on but Cocaine". I dunno how true that is but that was their impression, and Duncanville? Are you kidding me LOL

Very true. My baby brother graduated several years ago from Midlothian High, and that's exactly what these small town rich kids party with.....he said it's the rich kids that mess with cocaine. My son made a comment to me that I'm lucky I have such a good son like himself that doesn't do drugs like the rich kids that do here in Midlothian.

Some may remember the David Messerschmitt case where an arrest exposed a woman posing as a man; was caught on CCTV. She was flat-footed and waddled in a similar manner. I suspect there is considerable padding in the groin area if a female were to wear a male set of SWAT gear.

All opinion of course.

Agree. I always knew that it was a female in that case. And she tried to bulk up on clothing and heavy footwear as well.

Great mention.

I think it is likely she had a key. I teach boot camp at a church, and yes, I have a key.

Our Boy Scout leaders had keys to our sponsoring Methodist Church as well. I think Missy had a key. I also think the perp knew that.

Agree. I always knew that it was a female in that case. And she tried to bulk up on clothing and heavy footwear as well.

Great mention.

There may even be a similar theme as in the perps lifestyle choice. This could be a jealousy/revenge killing in relation to a member/ex of the group.

To clarify what I said in fewer words: The suspect seems to be "acting" like someone would think a burglar would act going through a church. NOT somebody who is actually a burglar.

Idk. The suspect knew the camera was on them. Plus they knew that if they wanted to make this seem like a burglary then they shouldn't be so non chalant about it.

So I think the suspect was just killing time and not trying to stage anything. Or they were making sure that a vagrant wasn't camping out before the murder. Or they were looking for possible ambush spots. Idk

Very true. My baby brother graduated several years ago from Midlothian High, and that's exactly what these small town rich kids party with.....he said it's the rich kids that mess with cocaine. My son made a comment to me that I'm lucky I have such a good son like himself that doesn't do drugs like the rich kids that do here in Midlothian.

and they throw wild parties, my neighbor was driving on a Friday night and she passed her kid in a car going the opposite direction of where she said she was going, so neighbor follows her, they wind up at a house where the parents were out of town for the weekend. Neighbor said beer bottle were broken in a line for 1 mile leading to the house, there were kids in cars parked all over the place, kids on cell phones etc hundereds of brats running around, she goes inside and a party was ensuing, they had gotten the dog drunk and was spinning the cat around on a bar stool. Cheerleaders and football players were there. One cheerleader was naked riding the riding mower. My neighbor grabbed her kid by the ear and drug her home, then called the football coach and cheerleader head. Nothing happened to the kids, not one thing! they all hated my neighbor's kid cause she was the one whose parent narced.

and they throw wild parties, my neighbor was driving on a Friday night and she passed her kid in a car going the opposite direction of where she said she was going, so neighbor follows her, they wind up at a house where the parents were out of town for the weekend. Neighbor said beer bottle were broken in a line for 1 mile leading to the house, there were kids in cars parked all over the place, kids on cell phones etc hundereds of brats running around, she goes inside and a party was ensuing, they had gotten the dog drug and was spinning the cat around on a bar stool. Cheerleaders and football players were there. One cheerleader was naked riding the riding mower. My neighbor grabbed her kid by the ear and drug her home, then called the football coach and cheerleader head. Noting happened to the kids, not one thing! they all hated my neighbor's kid cause she was the one whose parent narced.
Ugh.....Hopefully she called the cops too!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Spanishinquisition did some great research. I really believe this was oh-so-personal, the perp knew the church, and the perp had stewed on this for a long long time. To the point of obsessive craziness. I'm thinking this is more business-related than romance-related!

Ugh.....Hopefully she called the cops too!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

can't remember seems like her main concern was seeing all of the cheerleaders and how they are suppose to be role models, ( yeah right) seems like she didnt, but she was livid the kids didnt get punished, when the parents of the party got home the dad tossed the boy's TV in the yard and kicked him out he was 18, nothing happened to the girl, she was 16, but these parents leave kids like this alone what did they expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member