TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read a news report that there were no working cameras on the exterior of the building.

Yes, that was in one of the initial reports. But then a later news report stated there was video or a photo of a car way far away at the edge of the parking lot, but police would not release anything about its description as they were so unsure about it.

There does seem to be a lot of differing information.

When Teresa Sievers was murdered and her husband was out of town, my response was "how convenient." I've probably watched too many 48 Hours, Dateline,and ID Discovery crime shows, but it seems like a spouse's out-of-town trip when a murder is committed often turns out to be set up for an alibi.

Karen Shahan was killed while her husband was out of town ......

Yes, I mentioned this as well.
Seems like a lot of effort was needed to get into the church.
If she was targeted, why not kill her before she entered?

Are there homes or businesses close by?Maybe she did not want anyone to hear anything(if it was a gunshot or screaming) and indoors makes it less likely for the victim to escape.Or just maybe she planned on not entering but when the class changed to indoors so did the plan.

Are there homes or businesses close by?Maybe she did not want anyone to hear anything(if it was a gunshot or screaming) and indoors makes it less likely for the victim to escape.Or just maybe she planned on not entering but when the class changed to indoors so did the plan.

Anything is possible at this point.
I seem to recall that the church is out of the way,so I have no idea if noise would be a problem
The killer was inside the church at least a half hour before Terry arrived.
Was it actually posted on FB that the class would be inside?
I know it was a rain or shine situation

The church is pretty remote, if you look at google earth. The closest business is a Whataburger restaurant, which would have been open 24hrs. And there is a residence across the highway.

If this was a burglary gone bad , why the need for a face mask and goggles ?

Church is secluded....at that time of the morning, if I were to drive by/past there I wouldn't have noticed anything going on...

Something I've just noticed was that there was some kind of shakeup with Camp Gladiator Midlothian last year where someone else used to be in charge as the 'Owner' until March of last year, which you can see the change in names mentioned where it goes from praising Taylor to praising Missy and Kevin is mentioned for the first time then:
https://www.facebook.com/CampGladiatorMidlothian/reviews/
Which the former 'business owner' in question went from that to being a claims adjuster while it would appear that Kevin got a promotion as the 'business owner' for two locations, so I'm thinking she was fired rather than left voluntarily:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/taylor-parker-52ab3a95
She's 5' 7" and is from Midlothian:
http://www.msumustangs.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1454
She seems like she might be too tall and also it was a little over a year ago that she stopped being the Camp Gladiator 'business owner' in Midlothian, but CG does seem to be rather cutthroat and Kevin and/or Missy may not be universally liked by those who are or were part of CG and Missy wasn't the first to operate CG at the church. If Missy grew it where they're now getting larger facilities that could cause jealousy.

I watched the newest video of the suspect. That has to be a woman, first of all. The walk is all wrong for a guy. Also, and this is what makes me believe Bevers was targeted . . . it's one thing to wear a mask and dark clothing to commit a burglary. But a helmet? Shin guards? No burglar is going to do that.

In addition, a man who is going to attack a woman wouldn't wear those protection items--he wouldn't believe he needed them, despite her being a workout nut. But . . . a woman would, wanting as much of an advantage as possible.

This is from Kevin Locks' resume, which I found this part interesting:
"Provide modification exercises for campers with injuries or limited mobility"
https://www.linkedin.com/in/kevin-locks-0a100073

An unhappy former client might have been familiar with the church and its cameras if classes had been held indoors during prior meetings. An unhappy former client could have lived alone and they wouldn't have to come up with an excuse as to why they were getting up so early and leaving the house. That person also wouldn't have to explain any UPS packages arriving with fake swat gear. That person could turn off their phone and not worry about missing a call. Maybe there aren't any spouses involved but this is related to CG and the person worked totally alone?

The killer didn't enter in the main door, he/she broke and climbed in a window. The entryways have glass doors and so those couldn't be broken through without alerting the victim. Also, there were cameras at the entryways, so the killer didn't want to be on camera any more than necessary. I imagine that he/she wanted to be inside the building when victim arrived, so as to take her by surprise. I also believe the killer was casing the inside of the joint to see if he/she could find the location of the security camera recording units.

There was a photo early on (end of a video, actually) that showed an exterior door with doorknob and its plate completely removed-- also, the long narrow window above that door was broken out. It's my understanding that they have video also of the suspect breaking in by way of this entry. The door did not look to be a main door, but was at the end of a narrow hallway. I've not read in any reports that the killer got in via a window.

I'll see if I can find that early video and post it here.

When Teresa Sievers was murdered and her husband was out of town, my response was "how convenient." I've probably watched too many 48 Hours, Dateline,and ID Discovery crime shows, but it seems like a spouse's out-of-town trip when a murder is committed often turns out to be set up for an alibi.

Karen Shahan was killed while her husband was out of town ......
Yup!

And IMO it does look like a woman's walk to me. However I do know a couple of guys that walk like that so I'm on the fence on whether male or female.
Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Couple of other thoughts before I have to go to work....

Burglary Theory Pros and Cons:

Pros
Church was isolated, located on a busy highway
Event happened early Monday morning after church service on Sunday, before they would be able to make a deposit
Church was decent size, i.e., looked financially successful so there might have been some collection money in the building

Cons
Church was well-built and secure, difficult to break into. I am sure there would be other churches in the area that would be easier to break into.
Sign with "this property under surveillance"
Other than collection money, the most valuable things inside a church would be A/V equipment and musical instruments, but the Churches of Christ typically don't believe in musical instruments.
Most people make church contributions by check, not cash.
It is likely that the collection was not left at the building overnight.

I think the only plausible explanation for a burglary was someone addicted to oxy or heroine, who desperately needed cash for a buy and who knew where to find the money. But I agree that all other facts point to a planned hit or assault.

Though I have not been around alot of guns recently, the area that would be the receiver (providing it is a fire arm) seems thicker to me than an AR-15 and lacks the carry handle. To me, it looks more like the outline of an AK-47 type weapon.

I said AR-15 type, really meaning SWAT type, because there are so many variations these days and because the photo is so poor that we can't even be sure it shows a gun. Many ARs now have flat tops, suitable for adding a scope, rather than the carry handle. Some models even combine elements of the AR-15 and AK-47. There are also AR-style shotguns, though the "barrel," if that's what is is, doesn't look big enough here. The flash hider on many SWAT-type long guns would work for breaking glass, though not for prying, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks