TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A camp participant does know COD......she was the first to discover Ms. Bevers. Participant is my mother's friend/co-worker and told her what the COD was/is, but I was told since it hasn't been stated publicly, I cannot state it on Websleuths.
Curious21 Did the camp participant wait for others to arrive before going into church or go in alone, do you know? I saw conflicting reports on that.

On the question of the height of the perp - Has camera location/angle/trajectory been taken into account when calculating the height of the perp? They say with selfies, holding the camera higher than eye level, and aiming downward, distorts the image size, making the person look much smaller. The cameras in the building appear to be mounted quite high and angled downward, so could this possibly hinder our ability to calculate height?

A camp participant does know COD......she was the first to discover Ms. Bevers. Participant is my mother's friend/co-worker and told her what the COD was/is, but I was told since it hasn't been stated publicly, I cannot state it on Websleuths.

I know. I remember your posts (your post in part is what got me thinking along this train of thought that the scene may have been obfuscated) and what I'm getting at is they may only think they know it given the statements from LE saying that only LE and the killer knows. The statements about LE on why they are withholding COD jumped out at me because they would be obviously false unless things were not as they appeared. Even if the witness was told COD by LE back then, LE may have since walked it back upon further review.

Now in fact news stories are being updated to reflect this where they are now saying LE themselves isn't sure of the COD, BBM:
At about 5 a.m., several of Bevers’s students stumbled upon the disturbing scene. Harp says police aren’t releasing any other details about the condition of her body or the manner of death, besides that she was pronounced dead on the scene by a county justice of the peace.

A preliminary autopsy performed Tuesday is inconclusive, according to the Dallas County medical examiner's office. The cause and manner of death are "pending," and it may be weeks before the medical examiner releases an final report.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...cop-killed-fitness-trainer-inside-church.html

This is so strange that the preliminary autopsy results are inconclusive!

You must be referring to the Bever brothers case in Oklahoma, which I have followed from the beginning. I agree - adrenaline (combined with possible huffing) gave them super powers to slaughter their family, even though the boys were slight in stature. Such a sad situation. What an odd coincidence in the similarities in the surnames of these two cases.

I so agree with you about the calmness of Missy's killer in the video. At least the segments of the video we're allowed to see, he/she appears quite relaxed and unharried, which is even more chilling.

Yes, that's the case. They ordered clothes online, set up cameras because they WANTED to be filmed...the calmness they had during court....the planning...it's similar to this one.

JMO

This whole crime speaks of a killer(s) who engaged in extreme high risk behavior. Wearing such an outfit, presumably while driving, breaking the church windows, and shooting Missy ...imo this could be either a lone individual,or a team of people who are not exactly playing with a full deck. Wonder if their actual plan was to shoot as many of the exercise participants as they could ? But, something unexpected happened, maybe the killer was hurt ? And the original plan was abandoned. Maybe they lost their nerve ? If this is the case, I would think of late teens/early 20's, very alienated. Did ATF possibly think the church had been booby trapped, hence the dog ? This does not seem like a burglary, and after I thought more about it, it does not really seem like it was personal either. jmo,though

This is so strange that the preliminary autopsy results are inconclusive!

Perhaps this is a way to keep from releasing the COD. Keeping details close to the best perhaps?

I agree. From the portions of the videos we are allowed to see, the perp appears quite comfortable . One of the strangest aspects of this to me, is how the perp appears to be casually strolling the building when he/she should be so hyped up from adrenaline that the movements would have been quicker, jerkier, more suspicious in nature.

I agree the seemingly casual attitude is perplexing. And maybe it points to two people being involved. If you know someone is with you in a situation, it does take some pressure off and allows for a more casual and comfortable way of being.

Total guess. I am starting to think there were two, but that blows my original assumption that this was a jealous rival in a love triangle. If there were two perps, I'm leaning toward a business conflict rather than romantic.

JMOpinion.

But the difference is that it was part of her job while what you do is a hobby. I don't get what she was expecting her to do - quit her job? Carry a concealed weapon? The whole business model of CG is that you have instructors outside teaching prior to the office hours (amongst other times) of students. Her going indoors that day was actually a step up and no different than if she taught in some normal gym. If you're going to be a fitness instructor you have to work around people's hours and the day this happened the class was going to be in a building rather than outdoors, so what was she supposed to do to appease her husband's apparent complaints. That's kind of why I'm on the fence about the husband as this is convenient for him, but I don't see how if he did say such things to his wife how it would cause anything but friction with no real purpose.

Eh, I make complaints about my hubbys career all the time(real estate) but I don't actually expect him to appease them. I do agree it could possibly be convenient of him to have those fears, or it could just be a worried hubby who's fears were authenticated now.

ETA: we also don't know if there was a reason he had those fears specifically. There could be a very valid reason he felt that way.

http://campfirecreek.org/

The family has requested donations in Missy's name can be made to Campfire Creek Theraputic Riding Center in Waxahachie, TX.
http://campfirecreek.org/support-campfire/donate-now

This place offers theraputic riding and other horse interactions to disabled children, adults, and veterans.
http://campfirecreek.org/programs/therapeutic-riding

Disabilities can be mental, emotional, or physical, which includes amputees.

I wonder what Missy's connection was, if any, to this Waxahachie non-profit. :thinking::thinking:

Re the question if killer is man or woman reminds me of the man who was killed a few months ago at a D.C hotel and at the time there was same speculation as in this case whether person in video was a woman. She also had same relatively calm demeanor.

Missi and social media:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-fitness-trainer-missy-bevers-church-killing-134837318.html?ref=gs

"Before becoming a fitness trainer, the mother of girls ages 15, 13 and 8 was an independent consultant for a network marketing distributor of discount designer jeans. Bevers publicly listed her home address on a separate Facebook account she used to advertise the clothing.

“Basically social media is becoming the Wild West, with people sharing all sorts of things that in a previous generation nobody would have ever shared,” Steinberg said.

More recently, Bevers leveraged her social presence to push her involvement with a network marketer of nutritional supplements, and Camp Gladiator, an Austin-based company that uses independent fitness trainers to host boot camps in Texas, Colorado, Florida and North Carolina.

Last August, Bevers published her mobile phone number in a tweet touting the group fitness sessions where she lived."

snip

"Other posts on Bevers’ social media revealed details like photos of the car she shopped for two years ago and locations of restaurants and gyms she frequented.

“Sometimes it’s not the one post that creates the danger, it’s the combination,” Steinberg said. “It’s the 1 plus 1 plus 1 equals 500 problem.”"

Much more at link

Re the question if killer is man or woman reminds me of the man who was killed a few months ago at a D.C hotel and at the time there was same speculation as in this case whether person in video was a woman. She also had same relatively calm demeanor.

And, she had a partner. (Not in the room, but in the scheme.)

Do you know what time they found her?

Thanks, that wasn't what I meant though

He said LE told him that the perp was six feet tall.

I think it's pretty clear from the excellent sleuthing here that there's no way the perp was six feet tall.

So is the husband lying about what LE told him about the perp, or is LE lying to him about what they believe about the perp?

Nailed it--that's exactly what I've been wondering. I've been on here since p.2 and haven't caught the article or video where LE is stating to the public that suspect is 6'. I have seen at least one source where husband says 'LE told him' suspect was 6'. But then yesterday also saw a source which said LE had not yet issued statements on estimated height or weight of the suspect. So I'd love a link if anyone here in the beginning has one.

Originally Posted by IzzyBlanche
Thanks for the info. As I said, I'm still trying to get up to date.
(not directed at you, just jumping off) That's weird though. Our excellent sleuthers here have demonstrated that there's no way the perp could have been that tall. So was LE much more inept than our sleuthers when they stated that, or was something else going on?

Well, I used 3 fairly unscientific "eyeballing" techniques using expected TX building code on fire extinguisher boxes, door handles, and door frames, and coming up with 3 different answers (5'7-8"...5'6"...5'3" respectively)...so not sure that was any more or less an accurate guesstimate than LE's when you think about it. Additionally, stuff like camera angles might affect our guesstimate a bit when trying to use these video stills.

But, they DO have the advantage of having access to the crime scene, so hopefully they've taken some specific measurements that can reflect an accurate approximation. And, for all we know, maybe they even have a POI who fits the general range and aren't even zeroed in on this like we are. Having so little to work with makes me a tad obsessive about what we do have to work with, lol.

Okay but in a link posted above, he said he called to tell her he loved her. Not that he had arrived safely.

That wording strikes me as odd too. Not saying it means anything sinister, but looking back over the times I've been away from home and called Mr. Izzy, I would have said I called him to touch base or check in. I wouldn't have specified that I called to tell him I loved him, although of course I would have said that to him in the course of the phone call.

Just me. I know other married couples communicate in ways far different from my own.

This wording (and a few other comments in the interviews) strikes me as odd, too. Almost like he's trying to make a case for how in love he was with her. However, I've observed this in spouses in (eventually) solved cases who also had nothing to do with the death of their loved one--so as much as my hinky meter might swing, it's basically inconclusive without evidence. Some people close to the situation are so sensitive about what others might be thinking about them that they elaborate weirdly in interviews in an attempt to deal with perceived public opinion (eg. Nasty comments in Facebook or news articles). Some are awkward publicly dealing with grief and shock (I might be)...so I'm trying (hard!) to focus on motive, opportunity and evidence rather than my hinky meter reaction to interviews. Popcorn helps. :popcorn::popcorn:

I know. I remember your posts (your post in part is what got me thinking along this train of thought that the scene may have been obfuscated) and what I'm getting at is they may only think they know it given the statements from LE saying that only LE and the killer knows. The statements about LE on why they are withholding COD jumped out at me because they would be obviously false unless things were not as they appeared. Even if the witness was told COD by LE back then, LE may have since walked it back upon further review.

Now in fact news stories are being updated to reflect this where they are now saying LE themselves isn't sure of the COD, BBM:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...cop-killed-fitness-trainer-inside-church.html

Okay, so my thought in this is maybe she was strangled and then hit with a hammer meaning they don't know if she died from lack of oxygen, broken neck etc before she was hit with a hammer or axe or shot. Which may explain why they are perplexed with how strange this is. Maybe one (the ones the students saw) sign of trauma which appeared to be obvious was not. Flor example maybe a student saw a hammer on the ground next to the body and blood on her head but maybe that was done post mortem, maybe she was choked first and so what the students believe was the COD was actually not it. And so maybe it is only the LE and killer know what the cod truly is. ***all of this is just speculation and my views on what could be meant from their [le] odd statement***

...Wonder if their actual plan was to shoot as many of the exercise participants as they could ? But, something unexpected happened, maybe the killer was hurt ? And the original plan was abandoned. Maybe they lost their nerve ?

All of that is possible: that the killer is aggrieved at early-morning fitness as a movement or the company and not just MB.

If we are going to zoom out and look at new possibilities, one of the most disturbing is that we are dealing with a calculated serial killer not directly connected to MB, who will move on to other targets in the future. [shudder]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper