TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All of that is possible: that the killer is aggrieved at early-morning fitness as a movement or the company and not just MB.

If we are going to zoom out and look at new possibilities, one of the most disturbing is that we are dealing with a calculated serial killer not directly connected to MB, who will move on to other targets in the future. [shudder]

I think it was going to be a mass shooting ( of the people in the exercise group). And, for some reason it was aborted. No specific reason for the church or the people, other than that there was a LOT of info about times and sessions online. Maybe someone(s) who is on fb a LOT. Hope LE checked out the kids who were absent from high school that day. The eerie calmness while inside the church could be drug related. It is one of the strangest aspects of this case. jmo

I believe LE does know the COD. I have to believe the ME from Dallas know what they are doing. In this video from the Today Show they say that gun stores in the area are being contacted to see if anyone walking like the perp came in and bought a gun. Why would they waste their time doing that if a gun was not involved?
http://www.today.com/video/feds-joi...-bevers-texas-fitness-instructor-670661699846

Just because a gun was involved, it doesn't mean that it was the COD. There has to be reason why the ME's preliminary results were inconclusive with the results 'pending.' It would be a very dangerous game to fake the preliminary autopsy report as inconclusive as that report can be used in trial and if the results were falsified that could severely hamper the prosecution's case.

The picture in the funeral home obituary is older. I saw it in her photos. If i remember correctly it's from 2008. In the later pics, although she is still attractive, she looks tired to me. She was probably working like a dog! I looked up reviews of jobs with CG on glassdoor and quite a few of them mentioned as "cons" the fact that some work 17-18 hours a day. It takes over your life, so they said.

I don't see where the family has asked for this, do you have the link/article where the family says this. TIA I can't imagine asking for money to be donated when there are 3 children left behind. jmo

https://www.facebook.com/CampGladiator
"At the request of her family, please join CG in making a donation in her name to Campfire Creek Theraputic Riding Center."

Husband Brandon Bevers comments and thanks people in the comment sections.

I think it was going to be a mass shooting ( of the people in the exercise group). And, for some reason it was aborted. No specific reason for the church or the people, other than that there was a LOT of info about times and sessions online. Maybe someone(s) who is on fb a LOT. Hope LE checked out the kids who were absent from high school that day. The eerie calmness while inside the church could be drug related. It is one of the strangest aspects of this case. jmo
The more I think about it, the more I think this might be a valid possibility - mass shooting that got thwarted somehow.

We had a case in my extended family where donations were made after a tragic death, and my family directed the donations to a certain charity. There were children that could've received the money, but the family is not destitute and could manage financially without the donations. It didn't feel good to accept the money when it really wasn't needed...and it was a group decision in the family to direct the gifts to an organization who truly could use the money and that we felt good about supporting.

I have no idea if Missy's family is in need or not, but just wanted to offer that perspective.

Idk? If it was going to be a mass SHOOTING, than I would think ... Missy's COD would've been from a gunshot wound. Of course
we don't officially know what COD is yet.

Leaning toward Blunt Force Trauma to the head, and perhaps shot with a small caliber gun, .22 maybe, and they were not able to detect a bullet entry wound because of the damage to Missy's head. The bullet may still be lodged and did not exit. The perp felt the need to shoot her when Missy continued to fight for her life. JMO.

If she or he planned on targeting the whole exercise group, only reason to abort possibly was that there was no expectation she would enter building and messed up plan? long shot, I know (no pun intended). Also, maybe reason for Tactical gear was it being Texas, a parka, etc. would be more suspicious if seen. More speculation, of course.

https://www.facebook.com/CampGladiator
"At the request of her family, please join CG in making a donation in her name to Campfire Creek Theraputic Riding Center."

Husband Brandon Bevers comments and thanks people in the comment sections.

I think the wording needs to be looked at all it is asking for is "please join CG in making a donation in her name" does not in anyway suggest to me that there will not be a donate/bank for children set up.

The perp did seem to act how I understand Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris acted with the casual strolling through the building.

Missi and social media:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-fitness-trainer-missy-bevers-church-killing-134837318.html?ref=gs

"Before becoming a fitness trainer, the mother of girls ages 15, 13 and 8 was an independent consultant for a network marketing distributor of discount designer jeans. Bevers publicly listed her home address on a separate Facebook account she used to advertise the clothing.

“Basically social media is becoming the Wild West, with people sharing all sorts of things that in a previous generation nobody would have ever shared,” Steinberg said.

More recently, Bevers leveraged her social presence to push her involvement with a network marketer of nutritional supplements, and Camp Gladiator, an Austin-based company that uses independent fitness trainers to host boot camps in Texas, Colorado, Florida and North Carolina.

Last August, Bevers published her mobile phone number in a tweet touting the group fitness sessions where she lived."

snip

"Other posts on Bevers’ social media revealed details like photos of the car she shopped for two years ago and locations of restaurants and gyms she frequented.

“Sometimes it’s not the one post that creates the danger, it’s the combination,” Steinberg said. “It’s the 1 plus 1 plus 1 equals 500 problem.”"

Much more at link

A few of these tips are good, a few not so effective. Frankly, with a name like Missy Bevers, if she is in Midlothian's white pages, her home address and maybe even phone # is about 30 seconds away with a simple Google search. A few other search sites will confirm her associated social media sites. But yes, publicly posting 1,400 personal photos and videos on your social accounts seems risky in this day and age.

Also agree it's good to be aware of public Facebook postings concerning your exact whereabouts at any given time. At the very least, it'll narrow the field of suspects should anything, God forbid, happen to you. My FB is private as well as under an alias that all my family and friends (who do actually know me) are aware of. (Alternate names are technically 'legal' on FB, now.) That's admittedly a little stricter than necessary for most ppl, but all it takes is one perpetually determined stalker to change the way you do things.

We had a case in my extended family where donations were made after a tragic death, and my family directed the donations to a certain charity. There were children that could've received the money, but the family is not destitute and could manage financially without the donations. It didn't feel good to accept the money when it really wasn't needed...and it was a group decision in the family to direct the gifts to an organization who truly could use the money and that we felt good about supporting.

I have no idea if Missy's family is in need or not, but just wanted to offer that perspective.
Excellent point. Thanks for sharing.

So, what do we have on the table as possibilities?

* Jealousy/romantic triangle - kill to remove a rival
* Business jealousy or revenge
* Crime against the exercise group - perhaps intending to hurt many people like a mass-shooting/bomb
* Crime against the church that was interrupted
* Burglary interrupted

??

Good list. Maybe add one more--1 abnormally obsessed fan (after reading she had so many online progress photos and videos).

Idk? If it was going to be a mass SHOOTING, than I would think ... Missy's COD would've been from a gunshot wound. Of course
we don't officially know what COD is yet.

Yep.But, I think Missy might have been more aggressive than the killer(s) expected. She might even have hurt her/him or one of them. Missy may have been shot after the killer used blunt force trauma while defending himself/herself.. So the cause of death is not yet specific. And if she was shot, LE must be doing heavy ballistic investigations.
The giveaway is the mickey mouse SWAT outfit. Killer may have felt like he/she was in a live video game. jmo

Marking my spot, still catching up.

Initial thoughts - perp is female, or could be teenage boy

A few of these tips are good, a few not so effective. Frankly, with a name like Missy Bevers, if she is in Midlothian's white pages, her home address and maybe even phone # is about 30 seconds away with a simple Google search. A few other search sites will confirm her associated social media sites. But yes, publicly posting 1,400 personal photos and videos on your social accounts is risky in this day and age.

Also agree it's good to be aware of public Facebook postings concerning your exact whereabouts at any given time. At the very least, it'll narrow the field of suspects should anything, God forbid, happen to you. My FB is private as well as under an alias that all my family and friends (who do actually know me) are aware of. (Alternate names are technically 'legal' on FB, now.) That's admittedly a little stricter than necessary for most ppl, but all it takes is one perpetually determined stalker to change the way you do things.

Also people aren't necessarily aware that the photos they post may be providing geolocating metadata where your phone's camera will embed the GPS coordinates of where a picture was taken.

Just because a gun was involved, it doesn't mean that it was the COD. There has to be reason why the ME's preliminary results were inconclusive with the results 'pending.' It would be a very dangerous game to fake the preliminary autopsy report as inconclusive as that report can be used in trial and if the results were falsified that could severely hamper the prosecution's case.

True. But also true that there have been conflicting reports since the Tuesday autopsy about whether COD death is known. Several reports at the outset stated that LE knew the COD (presumably getting that info from the ME), but were withholding that info from the public for purposes of the investigation. (Have the screenshots, though would prefer not to have to wade thru them right now.)

That's the problem with depending on media for info. They may report one thing, then edit it out (perhaps even at the urgent request of LE. Did the ATF or search dogs come up with something yesterday that made them wonder about the initial autopsy results?) We just don't know, and won't--even if the authorities do. It's probably enough to know that she suffered evident bodily trauma and died at the hands of violence. The number of weapons used to inflict that, or the specific fatal event are really secondary for the public to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper