TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A thought about the SWAT get-up: I have no idea if it is the real deal or a Halloween costume. If indeed it is real, then this person fully expected Missy to fight back and wore the suit specifically for protection. Maybe even groin protection (wrong size because it was ordered online and not personally fitted), and that's why perp is walking "funny". He/She knew Missy could kick their arse w/o protection. This seems sooooo premeditated with the SWAT outfit and showing up at the church knowing they would be working out inside (however that was only a few hours notice due to inclement weather). I feel it is personal, but intertwined with the church too. Cannot make up my mind.

A thought about the SWAT get-up: I have no idea if it is the real deal or a Halloween costume. If indeed it is real, then this person fully expected Missy to fight back and wore the suit specifically for protection. Maybe even groin protection (wrong size because it was ordered online and not personally fitted), and that's why perp is walking "funny". He/She knew Missy could kick their arse w/o protection. This seems sooooo premeditated with the SWAT outfit and showing up at the church knowing they would be working out inside (however that was only a few hours notice due to inclement weather). I feel it is personal, but intertwined with the church too. Cannot make up my mind.

I cannot make up my mind, either. The AFT involvement is what is complicating it for me.

Why would a romantic or business conflict involve the AFT?

IDK.

True. But also true that there have been conflicting reports since the Tuesday autopsy about whether COD death is known. Several reports at the outset stated that LE knew the COD but were withholding that info from the public for purposes of the investigation. (Have the screenshots, though would prefer not to have to wade thru them right now.) that's the problem with depending on media for info. They may report one thing, then edit it out (perhaps even at the urgent request of LE). So...we just don't know, and won't--even if the authorities do. It's probably enough to know that she suffered evident bodily trauma and died at the hands of violence. The number of weapons used to inflict that, or the specific fatal event are really secondary for the public to know.

Actually I believe what you are referring to came from quotes from LE itself. I think the Midlothian LE originally thought they knew what happened, but then backed off upon further investigation. When it first came out for instance they were sure it was male burglar, but have subsequently backed off and brought in multiple federal agencies and they're no longer if it was a male or if it was burglar. It could have been for instance the ME who said 'hold your horses' to them when the ME viewed things on close inspection things weren't as simple as they originally seemed, just as how the open source results of the mass viewing of the video calling into question the sex of the perp challenged the original LE statements. It's not that the reports have been conflicting, but instead they've changed over time. I think LE is operating on an assumption as to what the COD was, but the actual expert who makes the final determination hasn't made such a call, so in the meantime LE has to keep the investigation moving forward.

Her father is deceased. The husband discussed with the daughters whether to bury 'Missy' beside her father because she was a Daddy's girl. They decided to bury her locally because she would be closer to them.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Husband-of-Slain-Fitness-Instructor-Speaks-Publicly-376270351.html

22 minute interview with husband. Very informative. Thank you Blondie in Spokane for originally posting this. There are 3 videos. Scroll down for the 2nd one with husband. Going to watch the 3rd video now. Missy and family are members of a Cowboy Church.

Yes, her Dad passed away in 2014.

I thought her FB post said they would work out rain or shine, implying that it would be outside regardless. Was there a confirmation that class would be held inside? Possibly killer planned to act as sniper and shoot from inside building targeting entire class? That theory could back up either argument of personal vendetta or opportunity for mass killing.

What a bizarre case. But after seeing the husband on tape and reading about Missy, I don't think this is romance related.

The husband does not strike me as someone who would have a gal on the side. He seems down-home, plain (as in not-flashy), simple-spoken, modest, older, and busy with his oil job, 3 daughters, home life, church, and hanging with his buds. Missy does not strike me as someone who would have a guy on the side as she seems grounded, unselfish, giving, happy, devoted to her family and church, and busy busy busy busy. Just not seeing time or places or desires for an affair.

Perhaps revenge or money might have more to do with it.

I cannot make up my mind, either. The AFT involvement is what is complicating it for me.

Why would a romantic or business conflict involve the AFT?

IDK.

Could be a suspected police officer, sheriff or a retired one and possibly before the investigation goes any further they have to be sure before accusing one of their own. We have so many surrounding towns and there are so many different possibilities. My head is swimming with all the potential angles.

If she or he planned on targeting the whole exercise group, only reason to abort possibly was that there was no expectation she would enter building and messed up plan? long shot, I know (no pun intended). Also, maybe reason for Tactical gear was it being Texas, a parka, etc. would be more suspicious if seen. More speculation, of course.

You could be right, idk. But, for the killer(s) I think this was all about experiencing a real life video game. There are a lot of mixed martial arts type games. Perhaps the point was that Missy,being a boot camp trainer, might fight back, and the killer(s) would then escalate the "game" to include shooting her. Just will add that I know someone who is in the process of producing a virtual reality video game. The characters in the game seem to be "real". Think Assassin's Creed in the family room. Sigh...

I too am starting to lean toward mass shooting plan. The SWAT gear would make it simple to blend in and escape without notice IMO.

I think it was going to be a mass shooting ( of the people in the exercise group). And, for some reason it was aborted. No specific reason for the church or the people, other than that there was a LOT of info about times and sessions online. Maybe someone(s) who is on fb a LOT. Hope LE checked out the kids who were absent from high school that day. The eerie calmness while inside the church could be drug related. It is one of the strangest aspects of this case. jmo

But if so, why would killer spend so much obvious time and energy jimmying off that side door handle? And then wander halls for 30 minutes? The exercise group was normally held outside. How much easier (if using a gun) to drive by and quickly shoot them from a getaway car with muddied plates. And, if the class (as read online) moved indoors, killer could simply adjust plans to drive by, pop inside (door presumably opened at 5 for class), gun them down, jump back into his car and speed away.

I don't know...this still (to me) smacks of someone going 30 minutes early to specifically lay in wait for an individual they knew would be there early. Mass shooting, the killer would've waited for more ppl to arrive, first--then come out of hiding and shot not just the trainer.

bbm same page, I have even thought that with dog & and unknown agency involved that LE thought the suspect was there for other reasons and Terri's arrival did catch the suspect off guard. The way the suspect walks around all cool calm just opening doors and spending like 30 minutes in there before she arrives is very strange. The suspect went through multiple rooms. Just seems odd if they were there to kill her yet walk around all casual. jmo just weird.

I presume the building was opened for the group to use the restrooms or whatever, no matter the weather. And they may have stored gear inside, too. I'm sure the killer knew the victim was going to come inside because that's why they broke in a side door--they wanted the element of surprise.

As for the mass shooting theory, I just can't come up with one reason why a mass shooter would need to break in to the local church of Christ before going on a shooting rampage.

Could the. Church be a front for something else? Or that the ATF were already investigating someone from there?

But if so, why would killer spend so much obvious time and energy jimmying off that side door handle? And then wander halls for 30 minutes? The exercise group was normally held outside. How much easier (if using a gun) to drive by and quickly shoot them from a getaway car with muddied plates. And, if the class (as read online) moved indoors, killer could simply adjust plans to drive by, pop inside (door presumably opened at 5 for class), gun them down, jump back into his car and speed away.

I don't know...this still (to me) smacks of someone going 30 minutes early to specifically lay in wait for an individual.

I think he/she they DID go there to wait. They wanted the confrontational action. They were likely walking around the church looking for possible hiding places that people could have hidden in when he/she/they started shooting... Would not be at all surprised if an accomplice videoed this. jmo

If I were of want to take out members of a church in a mass shooting, you can be sure I would show up on a SUNDAY.

Could be a suspected police officer, sheriff or a retired one and possibly before the investigation goes any further they have to be sure before accusing one of their own. We have so many surrounding towns and there are so many different possibilities. My head is swimming with all the potential angles.
That brings to mind the Illinois officer who was supposedly ambushed and had a hero's funeral with LE attending from all over the nation. He actually killed himself to make it look like he died in line of duty to cover up embezzlement and other offenses on his part. The investigators took heat for not figuring it out earlier, I.e., talk of cover up, when in reality they had to go through hundreds of texts, etc. So yes, they want to be sure.

bbm same page, I have even thought that with dog & and unknown agency involved that LE thought the suspect was there for other reasons and Terri's arrival did catch the suspect off guard. The way the suspect walks around all cool calm just opening doors and spending like 30 minutes in there before she arrives is very strange. The suspect went through multiple rooms. Just seems odd if they were there to kill her yet walk around all casual. jmo just weird.
Maybe the perp was so familiar with that building that he/she was used to strolling around - during the day. Maybe that's one reason the perp looks so comfortable -In his/her own environment. The more I watch the videos, the more it seems the person was totally at ease there and was just hanging out - waiting.

What about the fact that Missy was planning on moving her class to another location? The murder took place right before she was planning on moving.

So, what do we have on the table as possibilities?

* Jealousy/romantic triangle - kill to remove a rival
* Business jealousy or revenge
* Crime against the exercise group - perhaps intending to hurt many people like a mass-shooting/bomb
* Crime against the church that was interrupted
* Burglary interrupted

??

In, do you know how to start one of those threads with a survey at the top ??

So you think posters here know more then the LEOs who are investigating the case?:facepalm:

There is lots of excellent sleuthing on this forum, but come on, only a very limited amount of information has been released. The police have a lot more/better information then we have. I don’t believe you can reasonably conclude from that few seconds of low resolution video, the suspects hight and gender. Personally to me, from that few seconds of video, the suspect looks like a six foot tall male. But I’d have to see the entire video, to be sure.

That was one option.

IzzyBlanche also suggested that perhaps the husband was lying:

"So is the husband lying about what LE told him about the perp"

That was what I noticed, maybe because he also, thinks it was a robbery and Missy was not targeted. We cannot sleuth him, but it is hard not to notice when he says stuff that doesn't make sense.

Has anyone read anywhere that LE said the killer was 6' tall? Or was it just the husband "saying" that LE said this?

I am sorry if I missed it, I had an appointment this morning and it is hard to catch up. People must be typing non-stop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState