TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I presume the building was opened for the group to use the restrooms or whatever, no matter the weather. And they may have stored gear inside, too. I'm sure the killer knew the victim was going to come inside because that's why they broke in a side door--they wanted the element of surprise.

As for the mass shooting theory, I just can't come up with one reason why a mass shooter would need to break in to the local church of Christ before going on a shooting rampage.
Deranged.

I presume the building was opened for the group to use the restrooms or whatever, no matter the weather. And they may have stored gear inside, too. I'm sure the killer knew the victim was going to come inside because that's why they broke in a side door--they wanted the element of surprise.

As for the mass shooting theory, I just can't come up with one reason why a mass shooter would need to break in to the local church of Christ before going on a shooting rampage.

Hmm,good point. I kind of think it was because the killer(s) actually wanted people who might try to fight back ( fitness types). Adds to the thrill,and the "action". jmo

They were likely walking around the church looking for possible hiding places that people could have hidden in when he/she/they started shooting...

That occurred to me, too. The killer was scoping out places where the victim(s) might run and hide in case they got away.

But on the other hand, someone has mentioned that it looks like the perp opens the dutch doors and places the hammer inside that closet or room. Like they used the hammer for some purpose and then they were putting it back where they found it. Very odd.

Don't get the idea it was supposed to be a mass shooting. Why would perp break in the church, just to walk around Calm, Cool, and Collected for 30 minutes? Seems to me, a perp would appear quickly, confront the group, and start firing.

Just my opinion...

I cannot make up my mind, either. The AFT involvement is what is complicating it for me.

Why would a romantic or business conflict involve the AFT?

IDK.

My opinion on why the ATF was brought in - The Midlothian Police Dept. and Ellis County Sheriffs Office may not have a dog trained on gun powder residue and explosive devices.
The ATF has dogs specifically trained for this.
It's not unusual for the ATF to lend assistance in this way.

My cousin is friends with one of her really good friends and I guess there's obviously a lot more going on behind the scenes but she said she would not be surprised at all if someone very very very very close to her is involved. Hopefully I'm not violating any rules by inferring that, but I did not say the specific person so hopefully that's ok???

Don't get the idea it was supposed to be a mass shooting. Why would perp break in the church, just to walk around Calm, Cool, and Collected for 30 minutes? Seems to me, a perp would appear quickly, confront the group, and start firing.

Just my opinion...
I agree. Also why leave after the first murder? Just wait for the rest to show up and finish what you started. Mass murderer doesn't work for me. Could atf be involved because the SWAT uniform was real and possibly stolen?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

But if so, why would killer spend so much obvious time and energy jimmying off that side door handle? And then wander halls for 30 minutes? The exercise group was normally held outside. How much easier (if using a gun) to drive by and quickly shoot them from a getaway car with muddied plates. And, if the class (as read online) moved indoors, killer could simply adjust plans to drive by, pop inside (door presumably opened at 5 for class), gun them down, jump back into his car and speed away.

I don't know...this still (to me) smacks of someone going 30 minutes early to specifically lay in wait for an individual.

I do think there was some degree of staging going on with the intent to make it look like a burglary or alternatively this was part of something bigger - like a bombing - that got interrupted. The setup of all this seems strange and I also don't know how much of this was done for the cameras, like some or all the walk could have been faked. It could be some perfectly fit female who just wanted everyone to think they're a gimpy male burglar to send LE on a wild goose chase by leaving misleading evidence. We don't know why some of the cameras were working and some weren't.

Here's an example of criminal nuttiness with an attempt to disguise:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/06/us/06cnd-astronaut.html?_r=0

I personally don't read too much into the ATF involvement. I think the federal LE agencies have resources (like specifically trained dogs) that the locals don't, and they are often happy to assist. For now, I wouldn't read more into it than that.

That is not to say that the Feds might make the arrest and bring the charges if there are good, federal LE reasons to do so.

...or alternatively this was part of something bigger - like a bombing - that got interrupted.

Why would you clumsily break in to a building to set bombs? If that were the case, then the perp would have been bringing bombs and gear into the building, and there is no evidence of that.

Why would you clumsily break in to a building to set bombs? If that were the case, then the perp would have been bringing bombs and gear into the building, and there is no evidence of that.

And you would have seen bomb squad vehicles at the church to check for that stuff.

My cousin is friends with one of her really good friends and I guess there's obviously a lot more going on behind the scenes but she said she would not be surprised at all if someone very very very very close to her is involved. Hopefully I'm not violating any rules by inferring that, but I did not say the specific person so hopefully that's ok???

Thanks, dredre...I don't think you said anything wrong...Sadly, many crimes like this are committed by someone close to victim. And for that reason, I think many of us are drawn into these mysteries, to discover why and how someone could do this to a person so close to them. It is horrifying!

IMHO

With the casual, nonchalant strolling through the hallways, the perp may have been either a hired hit, or someone who was often, often in that building. Familiar territory.

Just my opinion...

I tend to agree with you, but the perp could have been trying to figure out the best place to be inside but then got caught when they were trying to find this hiding place. Referring back to Columbine they originally wanted to kill hundreds (and could have if their original plan had worked), but when their original plan failed they improvised a new plan so they then took what they could get by shooting dozens instead. Killing 1 person - especially a 'boss' level opponent - beats killing none even if you planned originally to get multiples of that.

Here's what I imagine is happening: the police know who did it, but they are taking their time, collecting all the evidence, building a case, and they are waiting for their POI to make an incriminating move or statement.

I imagine the Midlothian PD has an old, rain-coat-wearing detective with a glass eye, driving an old beat-up Peugeot Cabriolet, who is continually making contact with the POI to gather all the facts. And he always has, "Just one more question...."

I agree with Bill Carson's response regarding being able to use the church's bathroom, etc. Plus, killing people after they entered the building instead of in the parking lot would not set off alarms as more members arrived and allow the perp to kill more people. Maybe the church has an outside pavilion ? I don't understand why Missy would be going into the church if she weren't planning on using it for some reason.

Just read this.

Harp added it's unclear how the suspect obtained the tactical gear and impersonating a police officer is a crime, if the suspect isn't in fact a cop.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...cop-killed-fitness-trainer-inside-church.html

I really hope they name a POI soon, my spidy senses are going haywire ... [emoji850]

Sent from my iPhone

That causes me to discount the bombing theory as showing the signs of the obvious break-in loses the advantages. I'm just not sure what other major schemes there could be that didn't intend to target Missy in particular, but instead targeted the church. I've posted elsewhere on here that I don't think the demeanor was right for a bomber anyway in that they'd probably flee rather than choose to get into an avoidable hand-to-hand fight. I find this whole thing odd and when things finally get squared everything might not fit a traditional pattern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste