TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is either hired hit or jilted or current lover of said person VERY close to her.

"Oak Farms Dairy is offering a $10,000 reward for information that leads to the suspect’s arrest and indictment."
Why Oak Farms Dairy? (I love their milk-big brand in Texas)

I wondered about ^ this too: why Oak Farms Dairy? Speculated that Missy or husband might be related to exec office or member of board of directors, etc.

I could find no overlap w victim or husband name and the officers listed 2015 annual report for Dean Foods, parent co of Oak Farms Dairy.
http://www.deanfoods.com/our-company/investor-relations/financial-reporting.aspx Could have missed it.

Or there could be family or friends connection at a local Midlothian facility? IDK.
Anyway, I would not post a connection here (no sleuthing non-involved ppl).

I wondered about ^ this too: why Oak Farms Dairy? Speculated that Missy or husband might be related to exec office or member of board of directors, etc.

I could find no overlap w victim or husband name and the officers listed 2015 annual report for Dean Foods, parent co of Oak Farms Dairy.
http://www.deanfoods.com/our-company/investor-relations/financial-reporting.aspx Could have missed it.

Or there could be family or friends connection at a local Midlothian facility? IDK.
Anyway, I would not post a connection here (no sleuthing non-involved ppl).

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Da...outs-With-No-Plans-To-Stop-Now-367734701.html

My cousin is friends with one of her really good friends and I guess there's obviously a lot more going on behind the scenes but she said she would not be surprised at all if someone very very very very close to her is involved. Hopefully I'm not violating any rules by inferring that, but I did not say the specific person so hopefully that's ok???

Interesting. This is such a bizarre case, but after looking at the video and concluding it's a short, lumpy, squatty, non-athletic female who obsessively planned this hit, I can't help think of the murder of Selena by Yolanda Saldivar. Yolanda was a short, squatty, unattractive, insanely jealous, possessive, obsessive, fangirl nutter who spent a long long time planning revenge for her rejection and exposure of being a thieving incompetent member of Selena's business. Selena was gifted, young, talented, business-savvy, and beautiful - everything nutter Yolanda wasn't. Don't know if this is the case here, but just throwing that out there......

Here's a report typical of what I was reading yesterday (NBC News):

View attachment 92248

From reading it, it at least sounds like they had a result...but perhaps they've backed away from that initial result, now? (It's now 'pending'...How complicated is it for the ME to change COD once entered into a legal document?) Other reports more pointedly stated they were withholding the info so as not to hamper the investigation.

I think LE initially arrived on scene and made their own determination as to what happened, but then backed away once others looked at it - like the public challenging the gender and maybe the ME challenging other assumed details - which I don't think the cause of death was changed by the ME but rather the ME was saying the initial assumptions by LE weren't necessarily correct.

Three things keep going through my mind.
1. As a woman, if I were planning a murder, my first choice of weapon would be a gun. I don't know how tall MB was, but I know that I would have difficulty trying to overpower her or anyone with a hammer or axe, even from behind as I am not tall and definitely not as fit. You don't have to get very close with a gun. Aside from gun shops, would LE check any local gun ranges for someone new taking target practice?

2. If MB was targeted, how could the killer be sure that she would arrive at the church alone?

3. Somebody knows someone who walks like that, unless it was a show for the cameras.

A citizen's arrest? Is that a common thing in Texas?

I don't think ordinary people do it that often, but they are common in the sense that security guards effectively do 'citizen's arrests' when guards apprehend people at a shopping mall, store, office, etc. I think it's highly unlikely she did that, so I'm not seeing a reason for getting into a mortal fight with her unless the perp actually wanted that. It's possible and legal (felony crimes directly observed by the citizen arrestor are what is specifically allowed) just I don't think probable that Missy willfully challenged the armored perp when the perp was trying to get away.

I don't recall LE giving a COD
Am I wrong?

If that's the case, then I'm definitely leaning toward a hired hit. That perp was just too comfortable in mannerism. If this had been a crime of passion, carried out by the person who felt slighted, I think we'd see more agitation and jerky movements instead of this nonchalant strolling.

Wonder if a hire for murder type would not choose to be as inconspicuous as possible? Look like everyman/woman ? Drive a non descript vehicle. Wait for her outside the church, hidden in the shadows. Shoot her as she exits her vehicle. make sure she's dead.Leave the scene.jmo

Wonder if a hire for murder type would not choose to be as inconspicuous as possible? Look like everyman/woman ? Drive a non descript vehicle. Wait for her outside the church, hidden in the shadows. Shoot her as she exits her vehicle. make sure she's dead.Leave the scene.jmo

In the Teresa Sievers case, she was bashed to death with a hammer by a man she never met in her kitchen upon arrival (at home alone) from vacation. The hired killer(s) was waiting for her and knew she would be alone since the rest of her family was out of town.

Go back and look at this locally-written article from Monday, updated Tuesday---

http://www.midlothianmirror.com/news/20160418/ungodly-crime/?Start=1

I notice this, "The suspect can be seen walking through the hallways forcing open doors, but church staff have not reported anything missing from the building, he said."

Why would he be casually walking through the building and forcing open interior doors? I'm going to guess he was looking for the control unit for the security cameras.

I can see wanting to disconnect security cams before you break in, but why seek to disconnect interior security cams AFTER you've already been recorded on them?

I think the wandering and the random opening or breaking into doors was just a way to pass time until Missy got there--at the same time performing a half-hearted attempt to make this seem like a burglary gone wrong. The killer looked directly at the camera at one point, and didn't seem too perturbed, nor did s/he change his actions, grab a valuable and make a speedy getaway.

The thing I feel strongest about was that this was not a burglary, but it was a targeted killing. Break in is successfully completed 20 minutes after Missy states her morning alarm is set to go off, and 30 minutes before her expected time of arrival for the (publicly posted) 5 AM class. The timing is perfect, too perfect. Break in is done in expensive, comparatively complicated-to-get SWAT gear (anticipating physical confrontation) when a simple burglary could've been disguised with easy and generic black sweats, hoodie, and/or ski mask. This shows involved premeditation concerning certain physical combat and the considered need for protection as well as disguise.

I would still be interested in knowing how that hefty bunch of bloodied SWAT gear left the premises without detection that morning. The only thing I can come up with that would work in that tight time frame before class would be if it left innocuously in a duffle bag.

By the way, this photo still from yesterday's video looks the most like a woman that I've seen, yet. If that's not video distortion, this person seems to have distinctly feminine hips and thighs. And looks even shorter than some of the other shots.

image.jpg

Here's what I imagine is happening: the police know who did it, but they are taking their time, collecting all the evidence, building a case, and they are waiting for their POI to make an incriminating move or statement.

I imagine the Midlothian PD has an old, rain-coat-wearing detective with a glass eye, driving an old beat-up Peugeot Cabriolet, who is continually making contact with the POI to gather all the facts. And he always has, "Just one more question...."

Great throw back

Three things keep going through my mind.
1. As a woman, if I were planning a murder, my first choice of weapon would be a gun. I don't know how tall MB was, but I know that I would have difficulty trying to overpower her or anyone with a hammer or axe, even from behind as I am not tall and definitely not as fit. You don't have to get very close with a gun. Aside from gun shops, would LE check any local gun ranges for someone new taking target practice?

2. If MB was targeted, how could the killer be sure that she would arrive at the church alone?

3. Somebody knows someone who walks like that, unless it was a show for the cameras.

I do believe she was targeted.

I think the reason to go to the other rooms were to find the camera and/or make it look like it is broken in so Missy would be less suspicious with a cop there. It is weird that he opened doors barely looking in and then leaving the doors open. He was in no hurry and could have easily shut those doors if he wanted to keep it looking normal for her.

I did do one of those Boot Camps before. Ours had the equipment already in the building. But this person seemed to know the time she would be coming. He got there before her and was in no hurry to setup. He also knew he had time to kill her before and of the students would arrive.

I wonder how long it took the husband to get back to town after he found out. How far of a drive is it from his trip to home? Mmmm

IDK... You'd think a professional would do it the way you describe, but oftentimes, a hired hit is not a professional - just someone willing to do the job for a cut of the insurance policy or whatever.

That is odd. as are so many things about this case. Killer(s) are likely highly immature, and not always grounded in reality.jmo I forget, did she/he have gloves on when they placed the object back ? TIA.

Yes they look liked motorcycle gloves to me.

I can see wanting to disconnect security cams before you break in, but why seek to disconnect interior security cams AFTER you've already been recorded on them?

I think the wandering and the random opening or breaking into doors was just a way to pass time until Missy got there--at the same time performing a half-hearted attempt to make this seem like a burglary gone wrong. The killer looked directly at the camera at one point, and didn't seem too perturbed, nor did s/he change his actions, grab a valuable and make a speedy getaway.

The thing I feel strongest about was that this was not a burglary, but it was a targeted killing. Break in is successfully completed 20 minutes after Missy states her morning alarm is set to go off, and 30 minutes before her expected time of arrival for the (publicly posted) 5 AM class. The timing is perfect, too perfect. Break in is done in expensive, comparatively complicated-to-get SWAT gear (anticipating physical confrontation) when a simple burglary could've been disguised with easy and generic black sweats, hoodie, and/or ski mask. This shows involved premeditation concerning certain physical combat and the considered need for protection as well as disguise.

I would still be interested in knowing how that hefty bunch of bloodied SWAT gear left the premises without detection that morning. The only thing I can come up with that would work in that tight time frame before class would be if it left innocuously in a duffle bag.

By the way, this photo still from yesterday's video looks the most like a woman that I've seen, yet. If that's not video distortion, this person seems to have distinctly feminine hips and thighs. And looks even shorter than some of the other shots.

View attachment 92249

While I haven't got my gridded ruler out yet to scale these pictures, compared to the tile(which appears to be 2'x2') even the foot looks on the smaller side IMO.

I agree with everything you said, except regarding the cameras---if the perp had found the control unit, then they could have taken that part with them or destroyed the storage unit, hard drive, flash drive or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste