TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Video ran choppy for me -- lately my computer fan starts running loud on certain sites. What's that about?

Anyways, I heard a man friend say Missy hadn't been herself lately for the last couple of weeks at the 01:34 mark. Yet her close workout friend didn't say that, but said Missy was happy.

Regarding your computer fan, you can go to YouTube and search. Sounds like the fan needs some help. My handy dandy hubby kept my old PC up and running by following the instructions in a YouTube video.

Regarding Missy's state of mind recently, could be related to her husband's ailment??

Not too many men allow the wife to go anywhere at 4am without them tagging along for safety issues.

But maybe crime never happens in this town.

Idk.

But what I must admit. Sometimes I tell my lady that xyz can wait. But she sometimes act like I'm paronoid and then do the opposite.

So I can't blame hubby for not being able to coerce his lady to stay home until the sun rises atleast. Jmo.

Because some people feel that it can't happen to them. And then they can be mad at you for reminding them of the possibilities.

So some men let their woman operate without question. Simply because they do not want their woman to look at them as jealous or too over protective.

Jmo.

With all due respect, I don't agree with this at all. I have been a morning exerciser for 10 years. My husband has never been concerned about this and there are a large number of women who come to my gym (I attend a 5am class three mornings a week) by themselves as well. Our gym parking lot did have some car break-ins a few months ago, they ended up catching them by the surveillance cameras of the liquor store next door. I took our German Shepherd with me a few times after that and let him sit in the car while I worked out but that was more to scare anybody away and gain attention from his barking if anyone got too close to my car, not for personal safety reasons.

I have been going over, in my head, "motives" and one possibility I had not thought about, until this morning,was that someone was seeking revenge against the husband by taking his wife. It's a stretch and probably not the motive..but worth putting on my possible motives list..

So far I have these on my possible motives list; an affair by either of them. (Trying to be good, sitting on hands even more so as a newbie.) Or..... A person hurt during class and possibly disabled, an obsessed with Missy stalker, someone holding a grudge for God knows what....

Any other guesses???

Good list, Snow Flower! And welcome to WS! You are doing just fine, and I agree it is hard sitting on hands.

A theory I will throw out there: Could the older daughter have a boyfriend who Missy didn't approve of? Just a wild thought, as I know this scenario has happened before...

IMHO

I do wonder if the murder scene was staged post-mortem. I say that both because they're withholding the COD and also because they say only the killer and LE knows, but wouldn't the students who arrived for class and called it in presumably know what it was unless it was obfuscated? At first they were looking for a male burglar, now they've walked back just about everything from the initial description and have called in the feds including a top K9 sniffer. I do for instance wonder if the signs of a struggle (broken glass) were faked to feed into this being a burglar who was disturbed resulting in a physical confrontation in order to hide how deliberate it was. I also do wonder if the killer(s) thought they had disabled all the cameras where they just were expecting LE to see signs of a break in, but not see the perp on camera casually just walking around instead of frantically rifling through stuff.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Husband-of-Slain-Fitness-Instructor-Speaks-Publicly-376270351.html

"Police said Tuesday they believe a car seen in the distance in the video may have belonged to the person on video in the church, but that it's so far away they aren't comfortable speculating on a make or model."

So it's an inside camera which caught an image of the car? It'd be nice to know where the car was parked as that would tell us if, or if not, the perp knew of the outside camera and strategically avoided it, or not. It's pretty amazing for an inside camera to catch a glimpse of the car, as the two videos released so far just show the bottom few feet of the outside doors and pitch black. (I don't think the perp disabled the outside cam earlier, as she would've disabled the inside ones as well.)

I mostly read and don't post often but this case has me puzzled....

I do think it's a woman in the video. Everyone keeps saying how it would need to be a STRONG woman to overtake Missy but remember, adrenaline does crazy things to a person! There was a case in my state (OK) where two skinny, teenaged brothers murdered their parents and siblings with everything BUT a gun....adrenaline gave them the strength to overpower everyone.

Also, on safety, I get it being early AM but.....it was at a CHURCH. I would assume most people would think of this to be the safest place possible! If I was in a church and someone came up on me, I would be startled but wouldn't immediately think killer. I really think she was attacked from behind :( I think she did put up a fight though :(

It's scary how calm this person was and the planning put into this.

It's heartbreaking.

Also, on safety, I get it being early AM but.....it was at a CHURCH. I would assume most people would think of this to be the safest place possible! If I was in a church and someone came up on me, I would be startled but wouldn't immediately think killer.

Especially a church that was surrounded by security cameras.

I'm thinking this church may get sued over this deal, unless they can show that the killer tampered with the security cameras ahead of time.

(I don't think the perp disabled the outside cam earlier, as she would've disabled the inside ones as well.)

I bet a savy person could tell where the wiring for the outside cameras came into the building, so those cameras could be disabled well before the act. JMO

I mostly read and don't post often but this case has me puzzled....

I do think it's a woman in the video. Everyone keeps saying how it would need to be a STRONG woman to overtake Missy but remember, adrenaline does crazy things to a person! There was a case in my state (OK) where two skinny, teenaged brothers murdered their parents and siblings with everything BUT a gun....adrenaline gave them the strength to overpower everyone.

Also, on safety, I get it being early AM but.....it was at a CHURCH. I would assume most people would think of this to be the safest place possible! If I was in a church and someone came up on me, I would be startled but wouldn't immediately think killer. I really think she was attacked from behind :( I think she did put up a fight though :(

It's scary how calm this person was and the planning put into this.

It's heartbreaking.

If someone is caught by surprise and the other person has a weapon and a plan, there's not going to be a struggle. She could have been shot, stabbed, hit in the head with a hammer, or even grabbed from behind and strangled without even having a chance to react.

View attachment 92235

Question regarding the height of this person. I captured this still when the person was rearing back. The distance of the head from the top of those windows, the height of those split doors.

Thoughts?

Actually looks like a very petite person. Maybe all of the gear is to give the impression that " SHE" is bigger . Mooo

If someone is caught by surprise and the other person has a weapon and a plan, there's not going to be a struggle. She could have been shot, stabbed, hit in the head with a hammer, or even grabbed from behind and strangled without even having a chance to react.

I think it would help a lot to know the way she died. I hate hearing the gory details in a crime but in a case like this if we knew she'd been injured once and it caused her death that would lead me more to think she caught someone in the act of something else. Whereas , if she has multiple injuries, that may point more to a personal attack on her specifically. I lean towards the latter myself but I have no evidence backing that up .

ETA If you're a random cat burglar, you're not breaking into a church and you're not dressing up like that . I think that perp goes to the church OR goes to the fitness group OR has a contact who does. I feel this is a jealousy issue and a jaded/jilted woman. **speculative**

True! I think fight only because I seem to remember reading that it was reported that it seemed to be that way but of course....it could have been staged like everything else.

I take the 6' description to be an approximation where someone being 6' 4" or 5' 8" wouldn't rule someone out from being suspect

Right, but looking at the window that the perp supposedly entered, perhaps LE assumed it required a tall person to accomplish the break-in. I don't think they meant 6" as a precise measurement, but more alongs like lines of - "To break that window and reach it, would take someone 6-feet tall." I'm thinking that's where the early description of the perp came from. Just a hunch.

Yet, in the video, the perp seems to most of us to be short and female.

So, is there a possibility there were TWO?

Something to think about....

Wasn't a door the entry point?
Wasn't a handle taken completely off?

Right, but looking at the window that the perp supposedly entered, perhaps LE assumed it required a tall person to accomplish the break-in. I don't think they meant 6" as a precise measurement, but more alongs like lines of - "To break that window and reach it, would take someone 6-feet tall." I'm thinking that's where the early description of the perp came from. Just a hunch.

Yet, in the video, the perp seems to most of us to be short and female.

So, is there a possibility there were TWO?

Something to think about....

I think I had read somewhere on here about there might have been a second person in the building before Missy arrived

I agree with what you say, but then I ask myself why would someone want to wear a police uniform if they are not LE. ? When someone wears a police uniform at halloween are they not impersonating a police officer? So if not halloween why would someone wear a police uniform if not to impersonate a police officer.?

To keep the victim from running away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member