TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ETA If you're a random cat burglar, you're not breaking into a church and you're not dressing up like that .

The killer as shown on the video is not exactly ninja-like, is he/she? :D

After thinking about the perp, and watching the video, it seems he/she was extremely comfortable in the church. Feel confident he/she knew the layout of the church well. Imagine, planning to break into a building, and murder someone (I do believe she was the target), and you have never been inside this unfamiliar building? Doesn't make sense to me...

IMHO

If the killer went to the trouble to order that tactical gear, they may have also ordered pepper spray and a tazer.

Been playing catch up and just wanted to share my thoughts. Please ignore any typos as when I'm typing the screen keeps jumping around for some reason.

In regards to the outfit worn by the peep. Depending on where they parked their car, how much time they spent outside the church, maybe they thought by wearing that if someone were to see them in passing it wouldn't arouse suspicions. I wouldn't, until this case, think twice if I saw someone at that time of day outside a building with something on that said police. I might find the helmet and other gear weird, but I would just assume it was for a reason I didn't know, I wouldn't jump to the person not being LE, I would more likely think someone crazy has locked themselves in the church or something. But my suspicions wouldn't be on the person in LE gear.

I don't think her husband calling at all is strange. When my hubby is out of town without me, he always calls when he gets in to his room at night as a way of telling me goodnight, and letting me know he is safely in for the night. I think it gives him as much peace of mind as it does myself. Although when he goes to San Diego, and gets in at midnight their time, the calls wake me up, but I still appreciate them.

I also don't think her husband expressing concern about her leaving that early in the morning is alarming. I go to the gym every day and leave my house around 5, my hubby always tells me to be careful before rolling over and going back to sleep. The fitness world is full of many vain, attention needing people who often don't respond well to rejection(there are many nice people too, but I find more of the first in fitness than any other group I personally come into contact with.). Men constantly approaching, even after being told to kick rocks. Women are also very competitive. I've found myself subconsciously doing things like going to a machine after someone has gotten off it, and adding a little extra weight than what was there, just because lol. Running on a treadmill? Don't be surprised if someone gets on next to you with just a slightly higher incline or faster pace. Most of this is simply harmless competition and can actually be beneficial to improving your lifts and whatnot. But there are people who do take things too far. I switched gyms once because of a man who would not stop approaching me and watching me workout.

As to if the perp was there for Soecifically targeting MB, or a burglary, I wonder if the church had lots of electronics...tv's/computers/projectors...although I would think if that was the motive there would have been an accomplice. If they were there for MB, which I am leaning towards, this will be a person, make or female, who had lost a relationship or left a relationship in hopes of being with MB, which never happened(like people who are having an affair and leave their partner expecting the other person to do so which often never happens) or something along those lines.

Watch this video. The window that was broken is very high. Surely that very un-nimble person could not have jumped up through that window! Did it get broken from the inside? The worker is on a ladder to replace it!

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/04/18/...sed-after-mother-of-three-murdered-in-church/

Adding: Looking at it again I guess the guy on the ground watching the worker could probably hoist himself through...??

Random thoughts here:

1. The person is going to great lengths to throw their height off. Love our WebSleuthers that have figured out the probable true heighth of the perp. No way could that person enter the window in the video. Very early in the thread, someone posted some excellent pictures of the locks to a door that had been jimmied. I shall try to bump, but I can't always get photos to bump when I bump a post.

2. I keep thinking Trick-or-Treat when I see the person in the SWAT costume. In the video, just noted that Missy's daughter is wearing a Spiderman shirt and skirt. Now as I take it, the family is not a member of the church. Do they attend another CoC? They might celebrate Halloween and not a Fall fest... Complete randomness there regarding the SWAT costume being a Halloween costume...

3. Although the wanna-be SWAT suspect did not allegedly steal anything, the church was vandalized. Makes me think the target could have been the church and Missy was there and collateral damage, and to scare the you-know-what out of the community and the church members.

Another question I have is if this person drove their own car; or did they rent a car? It's a risk either way.

I know the church parking lot footage doesn't determine even the make of the car yet, but LE said there might be video footage supplied from other businesses. I doubt this suspect can end up stumping the professional investigators. You know how after a case is solved we end up seeing the person driving up and buying something at Walmart or Home Depot. It's only a matter of time.
Wouldn't be hard to track down items bought at Walmart or Ace Hardware, as those are the only major stores in Midlothian! And we have two dollar stores. Bigger towns/cities are Cedar Hill, Waxahachie and Mansfield-which items could have been bought there as well. ( I think that's what it is)

I mostly read and don't post often but this case has me puzzled....

I do think it's a woman in the video. Everyone keeps saying how it would need to be a STRONG woman to overtake Missy but remember, adrenaline does crazy things to a person! There was a case in my state (OK) where two skinny, teenaged brothers murdered their parents and siblings with everything BUT a gun....adrenaline gave them the strength to overpower everyone.

Also, on safety, I get it being early AM but.....it was at a CHURCH. I would assume most people would think of this to be the safest place possible! If I was in a church and someone came up on me, I would be startled but wouldn't immediately think killer. I really think she was attacked from behind :( I think she did put up a fight though :(

It's scary how calm this person was and the planning put into this.

It's heartbreaking.

You must be referring to the Bever brothers case in Oklahoma, which I have followed from the beginning. I agree - adrenaline (combined with possible huffing) gave them super powers to slaughter their family, even though the boys were slight in stature. Such a sad situation. What an odd coincidence in the similarities in the surnames of these two cases.

I so agree with you about the calmness of Missy's killer in the video. At least the segments of the video we're allowed to see, he/she appears quite relaxed and unharried, which is even more chilling.

View attachment 92240

This is Randy Bevers FB - a post.

Strange he doesn't mention her parents, siblings, someone related to her.

I've been wondering this same thing. I can't find her maiden name. It's curious to me that we are not hearing from her side of the family.

And while I do look sideways at hubby (just because of statistics), I'm also curious about who arrived first and waited for others to show up.

I do wonder if the murder scene was staged post-mortem. I say that both because they're withholding the COD and also because they say only the killer and LE knows, but wouldn't the students who arrived for class and called it in presumably know what it was unless it was obfuscated? At first they were looking for a male burglar, now they've walked back just about everything from the initial description and have called in the feds including a top K9 sniffer. I do for instance wonder if the signs of a struggle (broken glass) were faked to feed into this being a burglar who was disturbed resulting in a physical confrontation in order to hide how deliberate it was. I also do wonder if the killer(s) thought they had disabled all the cameras where they just were expecting LE to see signs of a break in, but not see the perp on camera casually just walking around instead of frantically rifling through stuff.

A camp participant does know COD......she was the first to discover Ms. Bevers. Participant is my mother's friend/co-worker and told her what the COD was/is, but I was told since it hasn't been stated publicly, I cannot state it on Websleuths.

Another angle that just crossed my mind is that boot camp classes often has the instructor really pushing you and calling you out in front of the group, I.e. "Dogface, pick up the pace, everyone is running circles around you!" Some people react very poorly to criticism, much less criticism in front of others.

After thinking about the perp, and watching the video, it seems he/she was extremely comfortable in the church. Feel confident he/she knew the layout of the church well. Imagine, planning to break into a building, and murder someone (I do believe she was the target), and you have never been inside this unfamiliar building? Doesn't make sense to me...

IMHO
I agree. From the portions of the videos we are allowed to see, the perp appears quite comfortable . One of the strangest aspects of this to me, is how the perp appears to be casually strolling the building when he/she should be so hyped up from adrenaline that the movements would have been quicker, jerkier, more suspicious in nature.

A camp participant does know COD......she was the first to discover Ms. Bevers. Participant is my mother's friend/co-worker and told her what the COD was/is, but I was told since it hasn't been stated publicly, I cannot state it on Websleuths.
Oh how awful that must have been for her to find her!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Hopefully, we will know the COD soon. This will give us more clues.

Curious21---have the CG classes continued this week at another location?

A theory I will throw out there: Could the older daughter have a boyfriend who Missy didn't approve of? Just a wild thought, as I know this scenario has happened before...

IMHO

I've wondered about that also. Something about the images make me think that this is a teen-ager or young adult. We have had a series of viscous crimes committed in our community by young people. They are "mature beyond their years" in the worse ways, prone to rage and jealousies, and have been raised on violent video games. They also have a strong feeling of being entitled to whatever it is that they desire. Not saying any of this is strictly unique to young people, of course.

I've been wondering this same thing. I can't find her maiden name. It's curious to me that we are not hearing from her side of the family.

And while I do look sideways at hubby (just because of statistics), I'm also curious about who arrived first and waited for others to show up.

Strickland is the maiden name.

So you think posters here know more then the LEOs who are investigating the case?:facepalm:

There is lots of excellent sleuthing on this forum, but come on, only a very limited amount of information has been released. The police have a lot more/better information then we have. I don’t believe you can reasonably conclude from that few seconds of low resolution video, the suspects hight and gender. Personally to me, from that few seconds of video, the suspect looks like a six foot tall male. But I’d have to see the entire video, to be sure.

Personally, I do trust the Websleuths who have so kindly input how they arrived at a height for the perp. LE can lie and do lie, especially if they want the perp to feel at ease. Maybe this sicko is laying back ltfao thinking Law Enforcement thinks "I'm 6 feet tall." Puts this person at complete ease that they don't have to "run" because Law Enforcement is looking for a 6 foot man. Just my :twocents:

I also don't think her husband expressing concern about her leaving that early in the morning is alarming. I go to the gym every day and leave my house around 5, my hubby always tells me to be careful before rolling over and going back to sleep.

But the difference is that it was part of her job while what you do is a hobby. I don't get what she was expecting her to do - quit her job? Carry a concealed weapon? The whole business model of CG is that you have instructors outside teaching prior to the office hours (amongst other times) of students. Her going indoors that day was actually a step up and no different than if she taught in some normal gym. If you're going to be a fitness instructor you have to work around people's hours and the day this happened the class was going to be in a building rather than outdoors, so what was she supposed to do to appease her husband's apparent complaints. That's kind of why I'm on the fence about the husband as this is convenient for him, but I don't see how if he did say such things to his wife how it would cause anything but friction with no real purpose.

Gotcha. I totally agree with you about some people, but it would make my husband very nervous. It would make me nervous too, but I'm a chicken!

:ditto: You are not alone! :hen: :beagle: :hen:

JHarlin we just put in an offer on a home in Midlothian TX. We passed that church several times while looking at homes and I just had a real curiosity about it which is odd because I'm Catholic. Two days later I see this story on the news. Everyone we've talked to says it's such a quiet town. Do you think you could tell me about the Midlothian area?

My family is from Midlothian (moved there in the early 70's and my siblings and I grew up there and went to school there. I've just recently moved back from Dallas to be near family and for the great school district for my children. It's a great town. NOTHING ever happens here, in fact it's too boring for the kids here and they have to drive out to surrounding city/towns/areas for fun. I think the worst crime here has been maybe a few car/home break-ins but never resulted in death. The last murder that I can remember, I was in 3rd/4th grade and an undercover cop was murdered by two high school boys and a woman. That's it, it is a nice country town. Also, there are no Catholic churches here, you have to go to Waxahachie or Mansfield. My family attends St. Joseph's in Waxahachie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper