TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw the post from fred&edna with timeline that shows a camper arriving at 4:35 am. First I have seen that. Is that confirmed by LE?

Yep. "The Midlothian Police Department released an updated timeline of events on Monday"

The clumsy walk plodding along...I wrestle with so many scenarios, a disability, walking in shoes too big and heavy clothing, disguising the walk.

The interior lights are usually left on all night in that church ? Why would that be ? Are there any exterior lights which are left on ? It's such a coincidence that Missy was leaving that church, and taking her classes elsewhere. Was this the last time she was to be at that church ? Thought I read that. If so, well, I don't believe in those kind of coincidences. Odds are just too great...jmo Is it known who lives in that house close to the church ? Any locals know ? TIA

Lights are normally left on in public buildings for security reasons. Security cameras are useless if the lights are turned, off.

It will be difficult for the Church of Christ congregation to go back to church this Sunday.

Watching this new video and all of them together I'm struck by how relaxed this suspect is. Watching the videos, the words "leisurely stroll" come to mind. In fact, of every single break-in video I've ever seen, this person seems to be the most relaxed of any I've seen on security cam videos. Kind of reminds me of Jason from the Friday the 13th films--the guy never runs but always seems to catch his victim.

Something weird that caught my eyes is at the beginning of the video. Watch as the suspect walks down the hall but keeps his/her hand on the wall, as if almost using it for balance. However, watching the rest of the video, this person doesn't need any kind of stabilization, despite kind of walking strangely. So, why does the suspect touch the wall like that? Once again, it's almost like this person is there to just kind of hanging out, walk slowly down the halls as if daydreaming, touching the wall as if admiring the interior. It's creepy.

There were also a couple things that caught my eye about the timeline. The class was supposed to start at 5am. However, Missy got there at 4:20am. 40 minutes early? I've known many fitness coaches in my day--I'm kind of a gym rat. And I've never seen one show up 40 minutes early. I'm not sure what it means. However, if this is truly just a case of wrong place/wrong time for Missy, then it could be that the suspect knew the class was going to take place but didn't anticipate Missy being there THAT early. I think we may have to be open to that.

The next thing about the timeline is when the first students got there. The time line says 4:35am. So, Missy enters the church at 4:20am. Let's say she's attacked at 4:25am. The whole thing takes two minutes. So 4:27am. And the suspect must leave shortly after that. Why? Because what we know is the suspect was gone before the first student arrived at 4:35am because the student hasn't mentioned seeing anything unusual when pulling into the parking lot. I think what this means is the suspect didn't steal anything after killing Missy--there just wasn't enough time, probably just a few minutes. Once again, this brings into question whether the suspect was really there to steal anything or not. I mean, if you're gonna kill someone, you might as well complete the theft that you were looking to perform in the first place, right? However, it all puts the idea out there that the suspect knew when students arrived beforehand and knew to leave quickly.

One more thing, it's kind of odd to me that the first student got there at 4:35am, but 911 wasn't called until 5am. That's 25 minutes for the non-math majors. Now, the student knows Missy is there because her car is out front. Did the student sit out in his/her car all that time? I would think that the student would go inside right away since Missy was already there. Or, is it possible that the student did go inside early and didn't see Missy dead right away? Meaning, maybe Missy was discovered in another part of the church, not where the class takes place. In other words, the student goes inside at 4:35am and doesn't see Missy. The student hangs out. Then other students get there. And as the clock gets closer to 5am, they start to wonder where Missy is, since her car is out front. Thus, they start looking around the other parts of the church and find her.

That's all I got.

Yep. "The Midlothian Police Department released an updated timeline of events on Monday"
I missed that detail in news. That does seem significant that a camper arrived at 4:35. Questions that come to mind is if whether one camper discovered Missy first or waited for other campers, which there were different reports given. Also, "curious 1" posted that a friend of a friend was there and never heard back whether camper waited until others arrived to enter building or camper went in alone.

Lights are normally left on in public buildings for security reasons. Security cameras are useless if the lights are turned, off.

Is the church a private building though ? I wondered if it was just the hallway lights ,or interior room lights too.

I'm curious why so many of you are looking at the motorcycle angle. Easier getaway?

It appears the suspect was wearing a motorcycle helmet. Which is probably what makes most people think of it.

A motorcycle is an excellent getaway vehicle. It can be parked where it’s not noticeable. It’s even a good vehicle for out running the police if they end up chasing the suspect. If the bike is fast enough, the only way the police could keep up with it, would be with a helicopter. Assuming they have one in the area, which wouldn’t be likely at night time.

I agree. I would like to see more unedited video. The strolling-around, leisurely walk is certainly bizarre!

On the one hand, the suspect swings the hammer "like a girl" at the end of the new video. (No insults to us females intended...just swings like someone that infrequently uses a hammer.)
However, the suspect appears puzzled by the Dutch doors. These are frequently used in nurseries to keep kids corralled, so less likely the suspect is a woman.
I'm stumped!

Watching this new video and all of them together I'm struck by how relaxed this suspect is. Watching the videos, the words "leisurely stroll" come to mind. In fact, of every single break-in video I've ever seen, this person seems to be the most relaxed of any I've seen on security cam videos. Kind of reminds me of Jason from the Friday the 13th films--the guy never runs but always seems to catch his victim.

Something weird that caught my eyes is at the beginning of the video. Watch as the suspect walks down the hall but keeps his/her hand on the wall, as if almost using it for balance. However, watching the rest of the video, this person doesn't need any kind of stabilization, despite kind of walking strangely. So, why does the suspect touch the wall like that? Once again, it's almost like this person is there to just kind of hanging out, walk slowly down the halls as if daydreaming, touching the wall as if admiring the interior. It's creepy.

There were also a couple things that caught my eye about the timeline. The class was supposed to start at 5am. However, Missy got there at 4:20am. 40 minutes early? I've known many fitness coaches in my day--I'm kind of a gym rat. And I've never seen one show up 40 minutes early. I'm not sure what it means. However, if this is truly just a case of wrong place/wrong time for Missy, then it could be that the suspect knew the class was going to take place but didn't anticipate Missy being there THAT early. I think we may have to be open to that.

The next thing about the timeline is when the first students got there. The time line says 4:35am. So, Missy enters the church at 4:20am. Let's say she's attacked at 4:25am. The whole thing takes two minutes. So 4:27am. And the suspect must leave shortly after that. Why? Because what we know is the suspect was gone before the first student arrived at 4:35am because the student hasn't mentioned seeing anything unusual when pulling into the parking lot. I think what this means is the suspect didn't steal anything after killing Missy--there just wasn't enough time, probably just a few minutes. Once again, this brings into question whether the suspect was really there to steal anything or not. I mean, if you're gonna kill someone, you might as well complete the theft that you were looking to perform in the first place, right? However, it all puts the idea out there that the suspect knew when students arrived beforehand and knew to leave quickly.

One more thing, it's kind of odd to me that the first student got there at 4:35am, but 911 wasn't called until 5am. That's 25 minutes for the non-math majors. Now, the student knows Missy is there because her car is out front. Did the student sit out in his/her car all that time? I would think that the student would go inside right away since Missy was already there. Or, is it possible that the student did go inside early and didn't see Missy dead right away? Meaning, maybe Missy was discovered in another part of the church, not where the class takes place. In other words, the student goes inside at 4:35am and doesn't see Missy. The student hangs out. Then other students get there. And as the clock gets closer to 5am, they start to wonder where Missy is, since her car is out front. Thus, they start looking around the other parts of the church and find her.

That's all I got.

I also wondered about the touching the wall part and how nonchalantly he/she walks around. If this had nothing to do with Terri and it was just a burglary, then wouldn't this person have to be familiar enough with the church to know breaking windows and doors would not set off an alarm? He/she does not seem to be a bit concerned there is one. But on the other hand, if they were quite familiar and it was a burglary then wouldn't they go directly to the items they wanted to steal and quickly take them not needing to roam around and check out rooms? It does remind me of a bad horror film. If only the attack had been on camera, then perhaps there would be more clues as to the motive.

That's all I got.
I read earlier that a student waited until others arrived to enter, so took that as he or she was just an early bird and was waiting for other campers. That said, it seems the timeline is so tight, how could camper not see or sense something was off. Missy's car was parked right in front was it not? Would think in that case, camper would just walk in. Maybe waiting for Missy to exit with gear for outdoor session?

I missed that detail in news. That does seem significant that a camper arrived at 4:35. Questions that come to mind is if whether one camper discovered Missy first or waited for other campers, which there were different reports given. Also, "curious 1" posted that a friend of a friend was there and never heard back whether camper waited until others arrived to enter building or camper went in alone.

Posting at homeon an antiquated puter
my understanding (may be wrong) is that the first camper waited outside ti two more arrived
A poster who is involved in fitness said this is not abnormal
It seems, based on posts that more than one went in together

The time line is tight and a bit worrisome JMO

No, not a black screen. Slow the settings down to .25, let the video run to 2:26. It's the clearest shot of a hammer I've seen so far.

Yes, it's a good shot--also, Bill's gifs yesterday provided a crisper view. When the guy is at the door, he jiggles the handle with his left hand (@ 30) then brings out the instrument that looks like a pick hammer with his right hand (@ about 40 second mark).That is the point when one of the stills was screenshot that LE first published (and many of us thought we saw a rifle).

Killer strolls around inside the church just as if he/she if familiar with the building. Killer's body movements kinda look as if he/she is irritated.

I saw this statement on the MPD Facebook page. (This guy is acting like a police officer and he murdered a mother of 3 at this church... I am certain that she probably felt safe seeing this uniform).
I think this is exactly what the perp wanted. Also, leads me to believe the burglary was staged.

I've been wondering if the person who arrived first (at 4:35) opted to wait for another participant... so they might walk in together... maybe she didn't want to be the first to arrive?? Dunno. Just a guess.

Also, regarding the video... I find it more freaky than creepy. It's like a wanna-be-policeman got all dressed up (adorned with swat gear and tools) to go stroll around the church... break things/vandalize the place... and be "nosy". There's a moment the perp seems a little perplexed by the "dutch door" when the top part must be opened separately... as if he/she mentally said "oh, hmmm".

None of this makes any sense.

For all we know the video with Swat gear may not even be that of the killer, could just be some random freak who shows up on video

A random freak who just happened to show up inside a closed church in the middle of the night, a half hour before a woman was murdered there? Thats a stretch.

Of course thats the suspect. That's why the police released the video.

I'm stuck on the helmet. Why would you wear that, it seems heavy and awkward, don't you want to be light on your feet? A ski mask disguises just as well. A helmet would hamper vision, perhaps explaining the awkward gait. Only pluses I can think of are - you are leaving on a motorcycle, or are prepared for a fight.
I've wondered if TB was armed and the perp knew that, and so came prepared to survive a gunshot.

It appears the suspect was wearing a motorcycle helmet. Which is probably what makes most people think of it.

A motorcycle is an excellent getaway vehicle. It can be parked where it’s not noticeable. It’s even a good vehicle for out running the police if they end up chasing the suspect. If the bike is fast enough, the only way the police could keep up with it, would be with a helicopter. Assuming they have one in the area, which wouldn’t be likely at night time.

I do agree that it would be easy to hide, but they are loud. I can hear when someone is riding a motorcycle streets away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CapeCodTodd