TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding calling Brandon - I think the SIL stated the friend called Brandon because she was worried about the kids waiting for their mom to get home and shuttle them to school.

I would not read too much into the mc helmet thing because they are used in robberies because it protects the head and conceals your identity.

Why does he/she remind me of a clumsy Darth Vader? I keep thinking Star Wars Police???? I also do not think this is random.

Burglars don't just nonchalantly and aimlessly wander around like that. They go in with a purpose and leave quickly.

Not necessarily true. There have been cases where burglars broke into commercial buildings and spent an entire weekend robbing the place. Breaking into safes and stuff like that. If this woman hadn’t interrupted him, by showing up for her class at 4:20 AM, the suspect could have probably finished robbing the place, and been out by daybreak.

Regarding touching the walls, perhaps the perp couldn't see very well in that helmet. When s/he opens the bottom Dutch door, s/he leans back to see the upper door rather than just glance up. I think s/he did that because the helmet restricted vision. Maybe s/he touched the walls to help walk with limited vision. When I go to the bathroom in the night, in my own home, I touch the walls to guide me because it's dark.

Just a guess.

That is what I thought about touching the walls,she could not see well.She had a dark faceshield and I find them hard to see through in the daylight.

Regarding calling Brandon - I think the SIL stated the friend called Brandon because she was worried about the kids waiting for their mom to get home and shuttle them to school.

Calling him makes sense if she is indeed an actual friend, not just a client.
So why sit in the car for 25 minutes while Missy sets up? If I was that close a friend that I had his number and that I'd feel it was my responsibility to tell him this awful thing had happened rather than letting LE do it (which is one of the things they do all the time, it's their job), then I wouldn't sit in the car, I'd go say hi or help set up, I wouldn't just sit around alone while in the parking lot while Missy was also alone setting up for the class. That's my only problem with this scenario.

It could be that the timeline is wrong and she wasn't waiting for 25 minutes. Maybe it was someone else, who wasn't close to Missy, and there are crossed wires somewhere. In that case how have the PD arrived at the timeline if, as is said, there was no timestamps on the CCTV?

Everything I've seen here leads me to think it was highly premeditated by a mentally ill but also intelligent and together person. The police suit is genius/insane level of planning. Clearly they had some personal connection to the victim, IMO. This was a
- Highly personal crime
- By a person dumb (crazy?) enough to actually go in the building and wait rather than wait in the parking lot
- But smart(?) enough to take steps to conceal possible evidence

For me, that's what I'm getting. A bit contradictory. Very strange case.

Calling him makes sense if she is indeed an actual friend, not just a client.
So why sit in the car for 25 minutes while Missy sets up? If I was that close a friend that I had his number and that I'd feel it was my responsibility to tell him this awful thing had happened rather than letting LE do it (which is one of the things they do all the time, it's their job), then I wouldn't sit in the car, I'd go say hi or help set up, I wouldn't just sit around alone while in the parking lot while Missy was also alone setting up for the class. That's my only problem with this scenario.

It could be that the timeline is wrong and she wasn't waiting for 25 minutes. Maybe it was someone else, who wasn't close to Missy, and there are crossed wires somewhere. In that case how have the PD arrived at the timeline if, as is said, there was no timestamps on the CCTV?

That is a good point.Do we know if this person did sit in the car waiting?Yes if you are a friend that would call the husband why not help her set up?

Regarding touching the walls, perhaps the perp couldn't see very well in that helmet. When s/he opens the bottom Dutch door, s/he leans back to see the upper door rather than just glance up. I think s/he did that because the helmet restricted vision. Maybe s/he touched the walls to help walk with limited vision. When I go to the bathroom in the night, in my own home, I touch the walls to guide me because it's dark.

Just a guess.

Yeah but then s/he would have been touching the walls in all of the videos, and they don't show that.

But why would there be a struggle? Burglary is a relatively minor offense where you can get off with as little as a fine and if this was an experienced burglar, they'd know they have everything to lose and nothing to gain by engaging in any sort of physical violence. It's possible that Missy tried to do a forceful citizen's arrest, but other than that, there's no reason for Missy to initiate a mortal struggle and no reason for a highly disguised and armored to pick a fight instead of doing everything possible to escape with as little violence as necessary as it's not like Missy could name the disguised perp as they made their escape.

Well that could be too. But generally criminals don’t want to go to jail. I saw a video a couple of weeks ago, of a woman who shoplifted at Walmart. When the cops showed up and blocked her car, she took off and just about ran down a couple of cops who then shot her. She then lead them on a high speed chase before being captured. That was over just shoplifting. People don’t want to go to prison.

Yeah but then s/he would have been touching the walls in all of the videos, and they don't show that.

Were all the walls in the same hallway? Perhaps some were better lit than others, perhaps the perp knew his/her way around part of the building, but not all?

IDK.

Everything I've seen here leads me to think it was highly premeditated by a mentally ill but also intelligent and together person. The police suit is genius/insane level of planning. Clearly they had some personal connection to the victim, IMO. This was a
- Highly personal crime
- By a person dumb (crazy?) enough to actually go in the building and wait rather than wait in the parking lot
- But smart(?) enough to take steps to conceal possible evidence

For me, that's what I'm getting. A bit contradictory. Very strange case.

Hello meade,Welcome to Websleuths !

But it was not open .It was locked. The church on my street is not lit up at night. There are outside lights on,but not the inside lights. I was just curious about the lights in the hallway shown in the video.

If there were no lights on, the security cameras would not have been able to record the suspect. Also fire regulations require that emergency lighting be on all the time.

Well that could be too. But generally criminals don’t want to go to jail. I saw a video a couple of weeks ago, of a woman who shoplifted at Walmart. When the cops showed up and blocked her car, she took off and just about ran down a couple of cops who then shot her. She then lead them on a high speed chase before being captured. That was over just shoplifting. People don’t want to go to prison.

She did not look too interested in stealing anything,just making the steps to look that way.

Were all the walls in the same hallway? Perhaps some were better lit than others, perhaps the perp knew his/her way around part of the building, but not all?

IDK.

IDK either. I don't see any significant differences in lighting in the various parts of the building where the person was captured on film. But others may see differently.

I think she was targeted. It seems too weird to for a robber to have on all that stuff. They could wear much less to hide from cameras. Maybe a robber would attack, but more likely I would think a robber would flee. That person came in a different way, I would thing they could leave that way too.

As far as a class member changing and then being the first camper to arrive, that person would probably have needed to hide their car somewhere so that Missy didn't see it when she pulled up. What I'm wondering with regards to the class is was there a regular known group of attendees? Like did someone not show up that day? I would assume when later campers I arrived, they were simply sent home. Perhaps everyone was at least questioned briefly and the PD got their info. I would guess that much happened. I'm leaning toward the timeline being off by a little bit.

If she was beaten, then to me that says that it was very personal and the person wanted to watch her suffer. Using a gun would eliminate someone, but using an object would be a way to inflict damage if you felt damaged by that person. Also, I suppose I could figure out how to both get a gun and fire one, but I've never touched one in my life. Maybe the perp found using an object to be an easier route if they weren't a hardened criminal.

All her info being public is so unfortunate. I have a friend who is an instructor and coach that sells different products. She's always posting photos of herself with barely anything on and also posting when classes are and such. Also, I noticed once that she was facebook friends with someone that I know she didn't actually know. I'm pretty sure she was just sending friend requests to random people on my list and other people's lists to get more business. This could lead to my friend dealing with some shady people down the road. Thankfully, it hasn't yet.

She did not look too interested in stealing anything,just making the steps to look that way.

He was using a crowbar to break into rooms. He was probably looking for the church office where all the collections were waiting to be taken to the bank on Monday morning.

He was using a crowbar to break into rooms. He was probably looking for the church office where all the collections were waiting to be taken to the bank on Monday morning.

We get that you think the perp is a man,no need to bold.That is your opinion.Some say it is a female.
Going to bed,signing off.

Can we agree on he/she or perp/killer until gender is confirmed?

Also, I don't know many people who are awake, much less out of their house at a destination by 4:00-4:30. The actual number of suspects and/or witnesses and connections has to be small right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member