TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That Yahoo article really played on words, huh? Also noticed this tidbit:

Later, he added, “At this point, everything’s on the table … we simply just don’t know.”

I've lived here for 18 years and have always loved our little town but it is growing so fast that we are losing that hometown feel.
I know which trailer park you are talking about, it's still there and we have a few other little pockets that fit that description. However I do not recall any particular problems with those areas, or at least nothing that was news worthy.
Last year two people were arrested for more than $600,000 worth of illegal drugs, including Meth and black tar heroin. And that was in a decent neighborhood! Just a few weeks ago an elderly lady had her car stolen (they took her keys from her when she was loading her groceries into her car) from our Walmart store in broad daylight. Evil is all around us even when we think we are in a safe little town.
:

:welcome: We're neighbors !

Everything I've seen here leads me to think it was highly premeditated by a mentally ill but also intelligent and together person. The police suit is genius/insane level of planning. Clearly they had some personal connection to the victim, IMO. This was a
- Highly personal crime
- By a person dumb (crazy?) enough to actually go in the building and wait rather than wait in the parking lot
- But smart(?) enough to take steps to conceal possible evidence

For me, that's what I'm getting. A bit contradictory. Very strange case.

Good post . Many folks with mental disorders are extremely intelligent. Remember the Unabomber?

White male late 30's-early 40's medium build.
SWAT gear: Riot gear. The vest is similar to a catchers chest protector.
Thigh protectors: Fasten via strap that wrap around the thigh. Contributes tothe unusual walk, but the out turned foot is all suspect.
Tool: is a demolition bar. Used by construction workers and commonly by LE as abreach tool.
Boots: common tactical style boot worn by LE. (no boot covers) What you areseeing in the video, is the reflection from shiny floor that at one point makeis look as though the sole is coming off the boot.
The suspect was possibly looking for video surveillance equipment, or making anattempt to portray the scene as a burglary. I lean towards looking forequipment or literally just killing time.
The suspect was aware of the cameras.
Familiar with the layout, but no likely a member of the church or person whohad been there frequently. Most likely cased beforehand. (I would be studyingprevious footage of past few services ) looking particularly for someone payingclose attention to the closets or looking at the cameras.
Parked close to the building. May have removed plates for concealment, butlikely did not park in the woods or far out in the parking lot. Had the suspectwanted to avoid detection, he could have parked in either of the extensionparking lots. neither of them have lights.
My gull would be LE or former LE. This suspect did not purchase expensive gear,and all of the correct gear, just to conceal identity. More likely wore itknowing it would conceal body shape and other characteristics, and it wasavailable.
Probably not local, but likely from surrounding area.
No personal relationship to victim.
This was a hit.
Suspect will most likely be apprehended because someone noticed somethingunusual that morning. (possibly saw the suspect in gear and can identify makemodern of car, or seen filling car wearing boots, etc.) LE will backtrack tofind motive, but only after suspect is caught. This was well thought out. Not arandom event.

Not necessarily true. There have been cases where burglars broke into commercial buildings and spent an entire weekend robbing the place. Breaking into safes and stuff like that. If this woman hadn’t interrupted him, by showing up for her class at 4:20 AM, the suspect could have probably finished robbing the place, and been out by daybreak.

Finished robbing? He/she never started!

That is a good point.Do we know if this person did sit in the car waiting?Yes if you are a friend that would call the husband why not help her set up?
Perhaps it was one of the other campers who came later who was the friend that called. 25 Minute Lady waited for others, and they went in together, right?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I want to comment on the 4:35am timeline. As someone who's been an early-morning exerciser for years, this honestly doesn't strike me as too odd. Of all the different classes and times I've taken over the years, 5am folks are the most prompt of any time of day. It takes a special type of person to commit to working out this early in the morning, and typically they are self-motivated and highly driven. I've also done Crossfit in the past, and the culture of CG seems very similar. It is a very close-knit community of people who typically socialize away from the gym as well. So, calling BB also does not strike me as odd (and they may have used Missy's phone for this, it isn't stated). Keep in mind that we do not know WHO called him. It isn't stated that it's the same camper who arrived at 4:35. My theory on the 4:35 arriver is that it may have been someone new. Perhaps they were unfamiliar with commute time and totally overshot it, arriving a lot earlier than they expected. So, they just sat in the car fiddling on their phone until others arrived (or maybe they were waiting on a friend, or someone else they knew). I sometimes arrive 15 min before my workout, I love to play on my phone for 5 min or so and catch up on Facebook before I go in. I am also not observant AT ALL this time of day so wouldn't notice any other cars out of place in the parking lot. :p

Morning everyone! So if I remember correctly, somewhere in the first thread, when the call(s) came into 911 MB was called unresponsive. I thought about that this morning. That could mean that from the front there was no visible wound and it wasn't until they turned her over that they saw the head wound. So IF thats the case she may have been hit once at a precise place. That, if true, does sound like the person knew what they were doing. It also made me think the perp could have come up behind her when she was not expecting it.

He was using a crowbar to break into rooms. He was probably looking for the church office where all the collections were waiting to be taken to the bank on Monday morning.

In my experience, the church secretary/treasurer counts the offerings after the service and money is taken by them for deposit Monday a.m. I doubt there would have been a large amount of cash in the church.

Thigh protectors: Fasten via strap that wrap around the thigh. Contributes tothe unusual walk, but the out turned foot is all suspect.
Tool: is a demolition bar. Used by construction workers and commonly by LE as abreach tool.
Boots: common tactical style boot worn by LE. (no boot covers) What you areseeing in the video, is the reflection from shiny floor that at one point makeis look as though the sole is coming off the boot.
The suspect was possibly looking for video surveillance equipment, or making anattempt to portray the scene as a burglary. I lean towards looking forequipment or literally just killing time.
Familiar with the layout, but no likely a member of the church or person whohad been there frequently. Most likely cased beforehand. (I would be studyingprevious footage of past few services ) looking particularly for someone payingclose attention to the closets or looking at the cameras.
Parked close to the building. May have removed plates for concealment, butlikely did not park in the woods or far out in the parking lot. Had the suspectwanted to avoid detection, he could have parked in either of the extensionparking lots. neither of them have lights.
My gull would be LE or former LE. This suspect did not purchase expensive gear,and all of the correct gear, just to conceal identity. More likely wore itknowing it would conceal body shape and other characteristics, and it wasavailable.
This was a hit.
Suspect will most likely be apprehended because someone noticed somethingunusual that morning. (possibly saw the suspect in gear and can identify makemodern of car, or seen filling car wearing boots, etc.) LE will backtrack tofind motive, but only after suspect is caught. This was well thought out. Not arandom event.
Hi Chuck. Welcome from another newbie of a few days!

There are a few things we differ on, but just a few. Why do you think the perp is a man. I feel it's a woman. I am not sure if the person knew the church from being inside before because of the way they were looking in the doors. I don't think its been established that the person parked close to the building. If so LE isn't letting that information yet. <modsnip> If you have been lurking here awhile, like I did, you may have noticed that we are not allowed by TOS to discuss anyone who is not a POI..so I will not be able to go any further on that point.

i enjoyed your post, it's obvious you have given this a lot of thought!

This was a hit.

Keep contributing you have given us new ways of looking at things!

I think man, because of the wide shoulders, and long arms. Also kinda wide at the hips and w woman usually tends to have thicker thighs when that wide at the hips. As for knowing the lay out: i would say this person had been there at least once before but probably not intament with the facility. Thanks for your response.

Can we agree on he/she or perp/killer until gender is confirmed?

Also, I don't know many people who are awake, much less out of their house at a destination by 4:00-4:30. The actual number of suspects and/or witnesses and connections has to be small right?

Well, there was a number of people, who were at least getting out of bed to go the Gladiator class. I have a feeling their list of suspects could be pretty long. Probably witnesses too.

And I agree with the gender part.

Boots,Terry/Missy does not look tiny to me,she has some guns( muscles) on her.

I do agree! She has some fantastic guns! I watched a couple of videos of her working out. She was very strong and would have fought a formidable battle against this perp if she wasn't blindsided and rendered unconscious quickly. By tiny, I meant stature-wise. She doesn't look very tall.

ETA: I think Terri would have kicked his/her arse, thus another reason this person wore this crazy SWAT-like "get-up".

Morning everyone! So if I remember correctly, somewhere in the first thread, when the call(s) came into 911 MB was called unresponsive. I thought about that this morning. That could mean that from the front there was no visible wound and it wasn't until they turned her over that they saw the head wound. So IF thats the case she may have been hit once at a precise place. That, if true, does sound like the person knew what they were doing. It also made me think the perp could have come up behind her when she was not expecting it.

Did the person who called 911 , or someone else on the scene early on, say they did know what her injuries were but would not say because LE had asked them not to ? Did I imagine that or was that rumor ? TIA And welcome :)

I agree. I have a lot of friends who sell weight loss products and boot camp programs. They are all public on Facebook and Twitter. There are many crazy people out there.

I know a ton of people who work out early in the morning especially at these boot camp type places. I don't think it's someone in the group. Moo

Just curious, are these early morning boot camp classes really poplar in a lot of places? I didn’t know there was an entire culture of people who like to work out at 5AM.

I think man, because of the wide shoulders, and long arms. Also kinda wide at the hips and w woman usually tends to have thicker thighs when that wide at the hips. As for knowing the lay out: i would say this person had been there at least once before but probably not intament with the facility. Thanks for your response.

Welcome to Websleuths!

I am curious as to your thoughts on the door being broke and a window as well in the same area of the building. If I am not mistaken the door and window are at the top right of the building here,

https://www.google.com/maps/place/M...2!3m1!1s0x864e92b4b2347503:0x98c81bb791deaf19

around the dumpsters. That has me baffled. jmo

eta, the door Terri went in is down by the white car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CurtisEmant