TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your comments, ChuckJ, and welcome. Your ideas sound as plausible (or more) than some of the rest of ours. You appear to have a working knowledge of LE, so let me ask this -
If this is a hired hit, how much more difficult will that make the investigation?

Did the person who called 911 , or someone else on the scene early on, say they did know what her injuries were but would not say because LE had asked them not to ? Did I imagine that or was that rumor ? TIA And welcome :)

A poster here who knows the person who found her, or its a friend of a friend or something , said the woman who found her knew the cause of death but the poster couldn't say because LE hadn't released it. I think it was discussed that a person may think they know cause of death because of the way it looks but that may not be accurate

Did I see the perp reading a bulletin board in the hall on that new surveillance cam ?? How odd.. just killing time ??

Possibly looking for clues on where valuables might be. Many bulletin boards often have a diagram of the building posted to help visitors find different places.

I think man, because of the wide shoulders, and long arms. Also kinda wide at the hips and w woman usually tends to have thicker thighs when that wide at the hips. As for knowing the lay out: i would say this person had been there at least once before but probably not intament with the facility. Thanks for your response.

:welcome: I totally agree with your assessment that this person has been inside the church at least once, but not familiar enough to know where the security camera equipment was kept. So, in my opinion, this person lapsed a bit in their planning of this crime. I cannot make up my mind if man or woman. The stride is kind of wide like a man. I watched an excellent YouTube from Brain Scratch regarding this case. The gentleman broke down the security videos in several places and gave his opinion on why he thought such-and-such...

Thanks for posting! Keep on posting! lol!

I'm most likely behind as I wasn't able to check the forum much yesterday but did see LE released MB died of a "head wound". I think the wording is interesting...has it been released if it was a gunshot head wound or something else?

The warrant released Thursday confirms Bevers died of a head wound.

http://cw33.com/2016/04/22/creepy-new-surveillance-video-released-in-midlothian-church-murder/

Welcome back MrsArk. No, as far as I know, LE has not released the office cause of death. We don't know if it is by gunshot or blunt force trauma from one of the many tools the person was carrying around on his/her person.

Welcome to Websleuths!

I am curious as to your thoughts on the door being broke and a window as well in the same area of the building. If I am not mistaken the door and window are at the top right of the building here,

https://www.google.com/maps/place/M...2!3m1!1s0x864e92b4b2347503:0x98c81bb791deaf19

around the dumpsters. That has me baffled. jmo

eta, the door Terri went in is down by the white car.

BBM,

Not sure on the why, but on the latest video at the end I think s/he is possibly breaking a window from inside the church. You can see bits of (possibly) shattered glass appearing by the perp's feet. Roughly 2m05s.

[video=youtube;ePS8TJ6UAqY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePS8TJ6UAqY[/video]

[video=youtu;vK-VrD-5dPQ]http://youtu.be/vK-VrD-5dPQ[/video]

Fox 4 news Richard Ray interview with husband published April 20

In this interview, Brandon shares that had he not gotten the phone calls, he'd might have been unreachable for days as he was going on a boat. This interview is before firm plans were made for the candlelight interview. He shares, again, a lot about Missy's personal training, her commitment to it, and how it impacted her and others' lives.

Possibly looking for clues on where valuables might be. Many bulletin boards often have a diagram of the building posted to help visitors find different places.

Yes! They looked at the bulletin board and very well may have been reading a map of the layout of the building, and then they immediately turn and fairly quickly walk down the hall, pausing briefly to check the room with the Dutch doors.

I wonder if they smashed all or some of the security cameras before the victim arrived?

Classic burglar. He is a burglar, not a hit man. He was carrying tools to burglarize a building, not to kill someone. The SWAT costume is an interesting novelty, but it’s just a disguise. He knew there would be security cameras, so he needed a disguise. He has probably done this before. He seems to have experience. The church was an easy target. It’s a big building easily visible from the road, but nobody around at night time. Only one homeowner, across the road, who would normally be sleeping at that time of the night, and would probably be too far away to see what was happening anyway.

He probably arrived about and hour before and hid his vehicle (possibly a motorcycle). He probably broke the window, then hid, to see if the cops would arrive. When no one came, he climbed inside and started breaking open doors, looking for something to steal.

Then the unexpected happened. The woman showed up to prepare for her gladiator class at 4:20AM. He wasn’t prepared for that. There was a struggle, and he killed her. Then he took off.

If he messed up and left any clues, he will get caught. But thats not likely, since he seems to have some experience with this.

There is nothing to steal. No piles made of anything the perp wanted. The perp seems to know the building well. Even goes into the kitchen and brings out something. Looks right at the camera in one earlier shot. Seems annoyed that some one had not latched the Dutch door in the nursery (which opens them together). I am certain this is not a burglary it was either a hit (which I am strongly leaning towards and hopefully but day end, will be confirmed or dismissed) or it was an act of vengeance, which I am still piecing together but I do see a triangle. I believe at the moment the LE is looking for the public and us to figure out how some one could have that gear. The LE flashlight, the helmet, possibly a gun that was swiped from evidence. I know you guys are not locals but sometime a new perspective from someone outside can bring in new leads. Yes, it is possible that 95 % of the costume was just that, a costume but at least one article or weapon was real, LE issued gear. How are ways someone would access that? Is it possible, a husband was working a shift or sleeping and a wife swiped, it? Is it possible that it is a ex police officer who still had his police swat vest in the attic? And ideas would not only help LE continue to connect their dots, we can put away Missy's killer(s). The LE are treading lightly for a "reason". I'm trying really hard to help but would appreciate any thoughts on the above.

Did anyone ever consider that the perps walk/gait might be part of his/her disguise? In a place as small as Midlothian a person walking like that would stand out like a sore thumb.

White male late 30's-early 40's medium build.
SWAT gear: Riot gear. The vest is similar to a catchers chest protector.
Thigh protectors: Fasten via strap that wrap around the thigh. Contributes tothe unusual walk, but the out turned foot is all suspect.
Tool: is a demolition bar. Used by construction workers and commonly by LE as abreach tool.
Boots: common tactical style boot worn by LE. (no boot covers) What you areseeing in the video, is the reflection from shiny floor that at one point makeis look as though the sole is coming off the boot.
The suspect was possibly looking for video surveillance equipment, or making anattempt to portray the scene as a burglary. I lean towards looking forequipment or literally just killing time.
The suspect was aware of the cameras.
Familiar with the layout, but no likely a member of the church or person whohad been there frequently. Most likely cased beforehand. (I would be studyingprevious footage of past few services ) looking particularly for someone payingclose attention to the closets or looking at the cameras.
Parked close to the building. May have removed plates for concealment, butlikely did not park in the woods or far out in the parking lot. Had the suspectwanted to avoid detection, he could have parked in either of the extensionparking lots. neither of them have lights.
My gull would be LE or former LE. This suspect did not purchase expensive gear,and all of the correct gear, just to conceal identity. More likely wore itknowing it would conceal body shape and other characteristics, and it wasavailable.
Probably not local, but likely from surrounding area.
No personal relationship to victim.
This was a hit.
Suspect will most likely be apprehended because someone noticed somethingunusual that morning. (possibly saw the suspect in gear and can identify makemodern of car, or seen filling car wearing boots, etc.) LE will backtrack tofind motive, but only after suspect is caught. This was well thought out. Not arandom event.

This!

Ok. sorry, if im not putting all this in the right place. Please bare with me im working on it. Not exactly sure how to reply to a specific person.

As for the broken windows and door. do we know if the window was in the door, or seperate? I will comment on the question once I establishe this. From where the dumpsters are at to where the victim parked under the port: All around good blind corner. I am not sure how much interior glass was broken if any. I have not ready anything from LE that suggest anything other than doors to rooms and closets being opened.

Regarding "if this was a hit" and the level of diffaculty it would add to the case. I would say no more than the trail if any that was left behind, other than not knowing the motive. Motive often leade LE to the suspect in intentional homaside, as it gives them a sort of road map to follow. I guess i should clarify, intentional w/intentional victom. Randoms are usually harder, less the evidence left behind.

What we know: unlesse the suspect took off the gloves at some point not on video, there are no finger prints. I read that there were several tools found with the victom that were identified as belonging to the church? Not sure what to make of that. If she was killed with somthing that was already there, there is no chance of a suspect fingerpring form an earlier contact with the object.

I think at the end of the day, someone will remember somthing. Gas station attendant, someone at a stop light after the crime, after daybreak. Unless the suspect shucked the gear before driving off, then it would have been noticable from another car at a light even without the helmet.

Also, has anyone considered, if the suspect may have been dropped at the scene. (no vehicle in parking lot at all) I would not think this very likely, but possible.

Did anyone ever consider that the perps walk/gait might be part of his/her disguise? In a place as small as Midlothian a person walking like that would stand out like a sore thumb.
Yes, I know it's hard to go through all the posts, we have been discussing that the gait might be put on for a couple of days now. It makes sense that if the perp went as far as they did to conceal their identity the gait might also be part of the disquise. It's one of those things that could go either way I guess.

I also noticed in the latest video release, that the suspect checks watch when coming out of te doorway/

Yes! They looked at the bulletin board and very well may have been reading a map of the layout of the building, and then they immediately turn and fairly quickly walk down the hall, pausing briefly to check the room with the Dutch doors.

I wonder if they smashed all or some of the security cameras before the victim arrived?

I should add, I think they were looking for security recording equipment, and such, not burglary

Interesting that an iPad and purse in her unlocked truck were not taken. Did perp see others by then?

The suspect may have been more concerned with getting away at that point. They possibly didn’t even know if she had already called 911, and the police were on the way.

Looks like a man to me.....someone w/military or LE background....someone with a pronounced prone of his feet (turning outward) & that doesn't appear to be an act, this "duck foot" pronation as it is seen throughout.

Looks like this person is a "pro".

All moo & speculation

White male late 30's-early 40's medium build.
SWAT gear: Riot gear. The vest is similar to a catchers chest protector.
Thigh protectors: Fasten via strap that wrap around the thigh. Contributes tothe unusual walk, but the out turned foot is all suspect.
Tool: is a demolition bar. Used by construction workers and commonly by LE as abreach tool.
Boots: common tactical style boot worn by LE. (no boot covers) What you areseeing in the video, is the reflection from shiny floor that at one point makeis look as though the sole is coming off the boot.
The suspect was possibly looking for video surveillance equipment, or making anattempt to portray the scene as a burglary. I lean towards looking forequipment or literally just killing time.
The suspect was aware of the cameras.
Familiar with the layout, but no likely a member of the church or person whohad been there frequently. Most likely cased beforehand. (I would be studyingprevious footage of past few services ) looking particularly for someone payingclose attention to the closets or looking at the cameras.
Parked close to the building. May have removed plates for concealment, butlikely did not park in the woods or far out in the parking lot. Had the suspectwanted to avoid detection, he could have parked in either of the extensionparking lots. neither of them have lights.
My gull would be LE or former LE. This suspect did not purchase expensive gear,and all of the correct gear, just to conceal identity. More likely wore itknowing it would conceal body shape and other characteristics, and it wasavailable.
Probably not local, but likely from surrounding area.
No personal relationship to victim.
This was a hit.
Suspect will most likely be apprehended because someone noticed somethingunusual that morning. (possibly saw the suspect in gear and can identify makemodern of car, or seen filling car wearing boots, etc.) LE will backtrack tofind motive, but only after suspect is caught. This was well thought out. Not arandom event.

Bingo!

[video=youtu;vK-VrD-5dPQ]http://youtu.be/vK-VrD-5dPQ[/video]

Fox 4 news Richard Ray interview with husband published April 20

In this interview, Brandon shares that had he not gotten the phone calls, he'd might have been unreachable for days as he was going on a boat. This interview is before firm plans were made for the candlelight interview. He shares, again, a lot about Missy's personal training, her commitment to it, and how it impacted her and others' lives.

Here's a what-if. What if the friend who called was married to one of his friends on the fishing trip? Maybe the couples were friends and the camper called her husband in order to catch BB before they went out and couldn't be contacted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee