TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she was targeted. It seems too weird to for a robber to have on all that stuff. They could wear much less to hide from cameras. Maybe a robber would attack, but more likely I would think a robber would flee. That person came in a different way, I would thing they could leave that way too.

As far as a class member changing and then being the first camper to arrive, that person would probably have needed to hide their car somewhere so that Missy didn't see it when she pulled up. What I'm wondering with regards to the class is was there a regular known group of attendees? Like did someone not show up that day? I would assume when later campers I arrived, they were simply sent home. Perhaps everyone was at least questioned briefly and the PD got their info. I would guess that much happened. I'm leaning toward the timeline being off by a little bit.

If she was beaten, then to me that says that it was very personal and the person wanted to watch her suffer. Using a gun would eliminate someone, but using an object would be a way to inflict damage if you felt damaged by that person. Also, I suppose I could figure out how to both get a gun and fire one, but I've never touched one in my life. Maybe the perp found using an object to be an easier route if they weren't a hardened criminal.

All her info being public is so unfortunate. I have a friend who is an instructor and coach that sells different products. She's always posting photos of herself with barely anything on and also posting when classes are and such. Also, I noticed once that she was facebook friends with someone that I know she didn't actually know. I'm pretty sure she was just sending friend requests to random people on my list and other people's lists to get more business. This could lead to my friend dealing with some shady people down the road. Thankfully, it hasn't yet.

I agree. I have a lot of friends who sell weight loss products and boot camp programs. They are all public on Facebook and Twitter. There are many crazy people out there.

Can we agree on he/she or perp/killer until gender is confirmed?

Also, I don't know many people who are awake, much less out of their house at a destination by 4:00-4:30. The actual number of suspects and/or witnesses and connections has to be small right?

I know a ton of people who work out early in the morning especially at these boot camp type places. I don't think it's someone in the group. Moo

There must be another entrance at the back, if I read this article correctly. (BBM) Near dumpsters opposite the main entrance, the doors and windows were boarded up ---- most likely where the suspect entered, I would think. Even if it is not part of the parking lot, surely a car could park there, if a trash removal truck can get in there to collect the trash from the dumpster..

Police found broken glass as well as other signs of forced entry at the church, Smith said in a previous statement.The church door and window boarded up after the attack are on the opposite side of church, near the dumpsters, from the main entrance covered by a carport where a grey truck matching the description of Bevers vehicle was parked on Monday during the investigation.

http://m.midlothianmirror.com/news/20160421/search-warrant-bevers-died-from-head-injury

Just now catching up on some afternoon posts--hope this one's not too old to respond to.

I don't know about any doors on the side of the church closest to the creek (opposite from side facing the highway). The door and window this article is mentioning is on the north side of the church - the end with the two skinny strips of parking and off-road trail tracks. That door was jimmied (exterior handle taken off), and a nearby window (requiring a ladder to fix) was broken. The door probably serviced the dumpsters--photos in the first thread show a rolling waste receptacle just inside the jimmied door.

Several pages back (maybe in other thread) we were talking about why both door and window would be breached - only thing I could come up with was that the door was the point of entry and window the point of exit. Because if the window had been broken (and entered) successfully, then no need to waste considerable time also jimmying the exterior of the service door. Maybe the suspect started with the breaking the window and found it more difficult than he'd counted on to haul himself up and through, so then went on to tackle the door. But in any case, after the murder, if he's needing to strip off the exterior SWAT disguise, he wouldn't want to exit the same way he came in (hall door) due to cameras. So the solution would be to strip those off in the room with the window, then exit via the window. Which puts perp on opposite side of the church from arriving campers. Still dark enough at 5:00 am to sneak away.

I don't think perp had a car in the lot...it'd risk Missy seeing it pulling in that single entryway. It'd also be more conspicuous in that tight timeframe (LE asking, "did you see any car leave here?") But if perp did arrive by way of car, then we'd maybe have a local accomplice scenario with the car not hanging around. But that would be far more complicated, and we've been told nothing that suggests there were two perps on the property that day. I tend to think perp just disappeared up towards the creek (perhaps via a bike left under a tree north of the church), or (if a real or fake/new camp partipant), s/he simply circled around the building and joined the gathering throng of campers who'd planned on working out that Monday.

If this started out as a burglary then the perp has an m.o. I assume. Found this story about a church burglary in Coppell Texas a couple of months ago. Interesting reading and video.
"Coppell police say they have identified one of three people they believe stole money from a church, and they need the public's help identifying the others."

Police said 59-year-old Jorge Ingoica Puig, another man and a woman stole cash from Saint Ann Catholic Parish in the 100 block of Samuel Boulevard.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/2-...rch-Tithe-Boxes-Coppell-Police-364249821.html

And here are some stills of the burglar:

"Coppell police are asking for the public’s help locating a man wanted in connection with a December church burglary.

St. Ann Catholic Parish in the 100 block of Samuel Road in Coppell was burglarized on Dec. 24 and Dec. 31, police said. Police said an unknown amount of money was taken from the church, which was one of several other churches that had the same type of “suspicious activity.”
http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2016/01/coppell-police-searching-for-suspected-church-burglar.html/

Coppell Tx is about a 45 minute drive from Midlothian.

I would love to see a video of this guy walking.

Adding: Ok, so I see they do have them on video. Of the three the first one in the stills could be about the same stature as the one on the Creekside video. Can't really see his feet that well in the video they have.

Did I see the perp reading a bulletin board in the hall on that new surveillance cam ?? How odd.. just killing time ??

Originally Posted by Inthedetails
Regarding touching the walls, perhaps the perp couldn't see very well in that helmet. When s/he opens the bottom Dutch door, s/he leans back to see the upper door rather than just glance up. I think s/he did that because the helmet restricted vision. Maybe s/he touched the walls to help walk with limited vision. When I go to the bathroom in the night, in my own home, I touch the walls to guide me because it's dark.

Just a guess.

I had the exact same thought - when perp leaned back to look up at the Dutch doors I got the sudden sense s/he was having trouble seeing through visor, goggles, or whatever was on her face.

But, he was posting on FB about this out-of-state fishing trip. I think they could have overstepped boundaries by alerting him before the police. The police are equipped to handle telling a person that a loved one has passed, much less brutally murdered where he feared for her the most.

Not everyone is always looking on FB... If she had his cell # she may have called thinking he was at home. What's odd to me, like others already said, is why she would be close enough to have the cell # but not go say Hi to MB

Also, any locals know if there are traffic cams in the area? Not red light cameras but just cameras at busy intersections?

My old best friend from highschool got married, and lived in midlothian, but that was probably ten years ago. And I will say this as nicely as possible, because, the city as a whole was very a nice, hometown type of feeling place, but she had told us they bought a place there. This place happened to be in a trailer park, which I lived in a trailer for many years as a child, so I'm not knocking that or making assumptions on people who live in a trailer park, but this particular trailer park was very rough. No one kept up their yards, seemed to be many 20-30 something year males, lots of drugs. But I just say that to share my experience. While overall it seemed like a lovely place, this specific pocket seemed very seedy.

I've lived here for 18 years and have always loved our little town but it is growing so fast that we are losing that hometown feel.
I know which trailer park you are talking about, it's still there and we have a few other little pockets that fit that description. However I do not recall any particular problems with those areas, or at least nothing that was news worthy.
Last year two people were arrested for more than $600,000 worth of illegal drugs, including Meth and black tar heroin. And that was in a decent neighborhood! Just a few weeks ago an elderly lady had her car stolen (they took her keys from her when she was loading her groceries into her car) from our Walmart store in broad daylight. Evil is all around us even when we think we are in a safe little town.

I've lived here for 18 years and have always loved our little town but it is growing so fast that we are losing that hometown feel.
I know which trailer park you are talking about, it's still there and we have a few other little pockets that fit that description. However I do not recall any particular problems with those areas, or at least nothing that was news worthy.
Last year two people were arrested for more than $600,000 worth of illegal drugs, including Meth and black tar heroin. And that was in a decent neighborhood! Just a few weeks ago an elderly lady had her car stolen (they took her keys from her when she was loading her groceries into her car) from our Walmart store in broad daylight. Evil is all around us even when we think we are in a safe little town.[/QUOTE)

:welcome6:

Could this have been some sort of gang initiation rite? Dallas is close. Prospective gang members have to do some violent things to get in some of these gangs?

Could this have been some sort of gang initiation rite? Dallas is close. Prospective gang members have to do some violent things to get in some of these gangs?

there use to be a gang in Waxahachie called the East Side but I thought they hung out in their area mostly. Doubt it, my guess is a rival or an insurance job

Quite a few people have mentioned the hand along the wall thing.

I'm not a young male or a high school kid. I'm a 30s female and I am a "toucher", I admit it. I frequently touch things when I'm walking, brush my hands along a wall or tap on it, touch or grab a corner or something I'm walking by, bang a 'tune' on it, drag my hand along fences, can't resist a cast iron fence. It has nothing to do with balance for me or any emotions, I just do it . I pick things up in shops and touch them whether they really interest me or not. I'm also a "tapper" and "fidgeter" in general.

So that also stuck out to me and made me think that could potentially be kind of important in terms of recognizing behaviour - I know that people who know me know my touching and it's potentially kind of distinctive. It's a shame that the video doesn't really offer any other "touchy" opportunities to see if it's a pattern or not - since the person is generally carrying things.I usually don't bother with tapping on walls when I'm carrying something :blushing:

Have you read an article or heard verification that Missy's phone was left in her truck? I have only read that her iPad, purse, and some other personals were in the truck. It left me wondering about her phone.

I was pretty sure I'd read her phone was in there too (probably in her purse). I can do a search tomorrow and try to round up the article again.

But even if the phone was on her person, I'm wondering if LE would've let the friend use it to call the husband. (Evidence, securing crime scene, etc.) It strikes me as so non-protocol that the camper contacted him (on any phone) that I'm left wondering if it was done without their initial knowledge and ok in the first place...just in the flurry of things.

Initial search just now turned up similar article a day ago about search warrant seeking access to her truck in which they could see "a purse, iPad, and personal effects." Can't tell from that if her phone was in her purse or not. Unless she had a pocket in her workout clothes, it'd be likely she wouldn't carry her phone while unloading equipment. But, not 100 percent sure with this article if her phone was with her or not.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/He...rs-Truck-Seized-Search-Warrant-376599651.html

Yahoo news:

"Police said damage was found throughout the building.

“We don’t understand all the movement within the church,” Johnson said.

Because stranger-on-stranger murders are so rare, Bevers’ spouse of 20 years has been the subject of scrutiny throughout the week.

Brandon Bevers, her husband, has said he was on an annual fishing trip in Biloxi, Miss., at the time of the slaying. Police were asked about his alibi on Friday.

“We’re closer to an absolute confirmation,” Johnson said. “Her husband is cooperating in the investigation.”

Page found here:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fitness-...tinues-to-perplex-texas-police-002259586.html

If the perp's car was parked around back would he have walked through wet grass? My feeling ist the perp is a slightly off kilter "man boy". Someone who has seen her and has developed an infatuation

lol Remember "Pat" from SNL ?

Well that could be too. But generally criminals don’t want to go to jail. I saw a video a couple of weeks ago, of a woman who shoplifted at Walmart. When the cops showed up and blocked her car, she took off and just about ran down a couple of cops who then shot her. She then lead them on a high speed chase before being captured. That was over just shoplifting. People don’t want to go to prison.

That is fleeing. To get into a struggle someone has to grab someone. It's not like Missy died from being tackled as the perp barreled out the door to get away....I guess it's technically possible LE could say that she died from a fall and just happened to hit her head the wrong way, but that's certainly not the impression I got as it sounded liked there was an extended battle or at least made to appear that way. I would expect fleeing where someone could get hurt incidentally/accidentally in an attempt to escape, but not a reason for either the perp or Missy to voluntarily get into a fight with one another as choosing to stay and fight is not fleeing if you're the perp and would be highly dangerous and unusual if you're Missy to voluntarily fight an armed and armored perp. By choosing to fight the perp in fact risked capture as the longer they're in the building, the greater the risk more people start showing up - like they were - and simply surrounding the perp and having LE arrive or otherwise having multiple people seeing a license plate number.

Perp didn't strike me as a Harley type....maybe a Vespa.

Interesting that an iPad and purse in her unlocked truck were not taken. Did perp see others by then?

Morning all, before I go back and read over 200 posts, has anything new actually happened in the last few hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee