TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No way do I believe this was an interrupted burglary. The perp took much effort in prepping his/her garb, so he/she would have also cased the church previously and known there would be people there early in the mornings.

The confident "swagger" of the perp, brings to mind a law enforcement officer, as someone posted earlier.

IMHO

Looks like a mall cop swagger to me. (No offense.)

attachment.php

It is a funny walk/waddle. As if the right foot flaps instead of rolls. In other words, they are not landing on their heel. Just flat foot. Maybe even both feet. And now that I look at this, I see the sledgehammer or possible weapon. Maybe the picture that I thought looked like a rifle could have been the hammer being removed from a bag. It seems like there was something sticking out of a pocket in one of the photos.

How long does it take to receive DNA results? I'm hoping the perp left DNA, somehow, someway, at the scene.

Someone mentioned earlier it looks like the perp wore shoe covers of some kind, and that's what it looks like to me.

I think we've covered all bases on the "gait"

Pregnant waddle
Toes amputated
Prosthetic leg (or pirate)
Boots too big
Swaddled in clothing
Law officer
Dancer
Cardboard on soles
Hip injury
Needs a wee

Anything else to add to Gait-gate...?!

Broken shoe - looks like the sole is coming off the bottom of one, as another poster pointed out above.

JMO

No way do I believe this was an interrupted burglary. The perp took much effort in prepping his/her garb, so he/she would have also cased the church previously and known there would be people there early in the mornings.

I'm still not sure if the outside camera's were working or were turned off, with that said there is supposedly some footage of a vehicle leaving the lot, (iirc) but can not be identified, luckily the inside camera's were working. IIRC there is footage from an unknown camera that showed a vehicle in the far end of the parking lot and or leaving the far end of the lot. One thing I noticed is that you can drive all the way around the building, the parking lot to the left of the building as you approach has two separate lots that go pretty far from the building,, 40 parking spaces away from the building https://www.google.com/maps/@32.4474497,-96.9249731,464m/data=!3m1!1e3 evidently when Terri arrived she turned right in front of the building and then entered the covered main entrance with her truck facing the road, (287). I do wonder if it was normal for people to park and ride leaving vehicles to be parked in that lot so seeing them would not be a cause for alarm. jmo

Broken shoe - looks like the sole is coming off the bottom of one, as another poster pointed out above.

JMO

Could be, but still looks like the perp is wearing those oversized slip on shoe covers, that are intended to be worn to keep muddy shoes and boots from messing up your floors. That would account for the slapping, flopping appearance of the feet and odd gait - trying to keep the slippers from coming off the feet.

I also do not believe this was a burglary interrupted.

Our church as been robbed - and it wasn't by people breaking in, but by walking in through open doors. Our office, kitchen, and parking lot have been hit while Sunday morning church service was in session! Our building also serves as a community center, and items have been stolen from rooms where classes are taught.

The things stolen have been purses, wallets, bikes, jewelry, audio equipment (low-end stereo/sound system). There simply isn't anything else of value to steal in the church. Deposits from Sunday offerings are usually checks - and there is a decreasing number of checks as many regulars use direct deposit/online deposit. The amount of actual cash collected on a Sunday is small, definitely not worth SWAT gear.

I just don't think there is anything tempting in the church to steal. The ONLY thing would perhaps be church records, if there was some sort of dispute going on that angered people. But, I don't think that is the case here.

It doesn't look like a burglary interrupted.

JMOpinion

This is from The Cowboy Church of Ellis County FB page. This is the one asking for donations for the children.

The funeral services for Terri Leann (Missy) Bevers will be held on Saturday April 23, 2016 at 11 AM in the Worship Building.
The services are open to the family and friends of Missy Bevers, and Media coverage inside the building is not permitted.
The family has asked that in lieu of flowers, a donation be made in memory of Missy at CNB Bank to "The Bevers Children"

If this was premeditated, how did the person know she would not be concerned about another car in the parking lot? Are the interior lights normally left on? It's difficult to tell from Google street view if the attackers car was able to be parked out of her view? It's obvious from the video that the interior lights are turned on. Wish we knew if this was normal. I'm still not convinced this was premeditated and I believe it's a man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMO, looks like a left handed female with combat boots on that are too large for them. Pant legs stuck down in their boots, therefore, making the bottom part of the leg look skinny.

I say left handed because they're carrying the hammer in their left hand, when I'd carry it in my right, being right handed.

The boots in one video look too large on their foot, when they take a step and it bends in the toe area.

All jmo.

Hi All- I'm local to the Midlothian area and thought I'd chime in with a few things- not sure they will be of much value but maybe it will give everyone food for thought. I have many friends who are members of the Camp Gladiator (otherwise known as "CG") workouts and although I've never participated in a workout myself, I might be able to offer some perspective on how it works.

I know Missy posted a status on Facebook the night before her murder that let everyone know where she was going to be. This seems dangerous to many, but she is not the only trainer who does this by any means. In fact, Facebook is utilized by CG in a way I've not seen used by many companies/brands. T There are multiple trainers in our town and their names pop up on my newsfeed at least once a day, because they sometimes post about the workouts before they happen and tag the particpants; there is almost ALWAYS a picture posted of the participants after the workout is completed. Workouts are held in a variety of locations- church parking lots, sports store parking lots, civic centers, even school parking lots. There are morning workouts and late afternoon/evening workouts- I don't think there are any that are mid-day, but I may be wrong. Trainers have been known to post photos of themselves in their vehicles, and you can see that the back of the vehicle is packed with fitness equipment. I don't think any of the trainers have one central location where they store their stuff- they haul it all. I have seen children at workouts in the pictures on Facebook- I'm unsure if they are trainer's kids or partipants or both, but it's not uncommon to see a child there (mentioning this in relation to the fact that the daughter has been known to help set-up). One thing that I think is really important to mention is that the CG members are a really close community. One reason that it's been so successful is that the participants all seem to really enjoy not only the workouts but the camaraderie and support that CG offers. A few of the trainers are women who were once totally out of shape and this seems to give them a unique relationship with their campers. They don't focus just on fitness but also healthy eating and mental health too. I don't get the idea that it is a cult-like following that some people say Crossfit has but it is a tight-knit group of people for sure.

I can add that a few friends who participate in the morning workouts have mentioned that there has been a police precense at the location since the murder. I think this is to be expected given the situation.

I live a few minutes North of Midlothian- it is a nice little country town that is growing a lot right now due to urban sprawl. People are moving further and further away from the metroplex and Midlothian is a very popular place to be right now. It has a small town feel with city convenience and the schools are great. People feel very safe there....or did up until now. I personally know about 5 people that live there and more than one person has said that they feel Missy was targeted. I do know that some people are totally freaked out though and are obviously concerned that a killer is among them and are worried he/she will strike again.

One final thought- the oil and gas industry is suffering big time right now. We have a few friends who have lost their jobs and many are waiting to be laid-off. I read that Missy's husband worked in the industry. I have no idea if that could be a factor in her death but I thought it was worth pointing out (not pointing fingers at anyone- just throwing information out there for everyone to consider).

ETA: Campers seem to be able to go between locations/trainers. I know some people who typically workout at one location with one trainer in the morning, and if they can't make their usual workout, they just do a different location later in the day.

This article now has multiple videos, including both the original and modified versions of the sister-in-law's interview:
http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...t-them-to-die-believes-she-was-targeted.html/
The sister-in-law thinks it may have been a jealous woman and she also says she went there in part to see if one of the daughters went with Missy since the daughter 'sometimes' went and she says she was relieved to find that the daughter hadn't gone, so she understood the daughter going in the early mornings to be an ongoing thing.

“When I think and think about this I could see maybe how a woman could be jealous of Missy,”

Hmmmm, so my next question is just who all comes to Missy's boot camp like training? Could there have been a particular male that attended regularly and he may have constantly talked about Missy and how great he thought she was? So his girlfriend or wife thought there was more to the relationship than met the eye and out of jealousy came there to murder her?

Now that is a possibility I can consider.

Hi All- I'm local to the Midlothian area and thought I'd chime in with a few things- not sure they will be of much value but maybe it will give everyone food for thought. I have many friends who are members of the Camp Gladiator (otherwise known as "CG") workouts and although I've never participated in a workout myself, I might be able to offer some perspective on how it works.

I know Missy posted a status on Facebook the night before her murder that let everyone know where she was going to be. This seems dangerous to many, but she is not the only trainer who does this by any means. In fact, Facebook is utilized by CG in a way I've not seen used by many companies/brands. T There are multiple trainers in our town and their names pop up on my newsfeed at least once a day, because they sometimes post about the workouts before they happen and tag the particpants; there is almost ALWAYS a picture posted of the participants after the workout is completed. Workouts are held in a variety of locations- church parking lots, sports store parking lots, civic centers, even school parking lots. There are morning workouts and late afternoon/evening workouts- I don't think there are any that are mid-day, but I may be wrong. Trainers have been known to post photos of themselves in their vehicles, and you can see that the back of the vehicle is packed with fitness equipment. I don't think any of the trainers have one central location where they store their stuff- they haul it all. I have seen children at workouts in the pictures on Facebook- I'm unsure if they are trainer's kids or partipants or both, but it's not uncommon to see a child there (mentioning this in relation to the fact that the daughter has been known to help set-up). One thing that I think is really important to mention is that the CG members are a really close community. One reason that it's been so successful is that the participants all seem to really enjoy not only the workouts but the camaraderie and support that CG offers. A few of the trainers are women who were once totally out of shape and this seems to give them a unique relationship with their campers. They don't focus just on fitness but also healthy eating and mental health too. I don't get the idea that it is a cult-like following that some people say Crossfit has but it is a tight-knit group of people for sure.

I can add that a few friends who participate in the morning workouts have mentioned that there has been a police precense at the location since the murder. I think this is to be expected given the situation.

I live a few minutes North of Midlothian- it is a nice little country town that is growing a lot right now due to urban sprawl. People are moving further and further away from the metroplex and Midlothian is a very popular place to be right now. It has a small town feel with city convenience and the schools are great. People feel very safe there....or did up until now. I personally know about 5 people that live there and more than one person has said that they feel Missy was targeted. I do know that some people are totally freaked out though and are obviously concerned that a killer is among them and are worried he/she will strike again.

One final thought- the oil and gas industry is suffering big time right now. We have a few friends who have lost their jobs and many are waiting to be laid-off. I read that Missy's husband worked in the industry. I have no idea if that could be a factor in her death but I thought it was worth pointing out (not pointing fingers at anyone- just throwing information out there for everyone to consider).

Thanks for sharing your local perspective.

Pregnant waddle
Toes amputated
Boots too big
Swaddled in clothing
Law officer
Dancer
Cardboard on soles
Hip injury
Needs a wee

Ex navy ?

JMO, looks like a left handed female with combat boots on that are too large for them. Pant legs stuck down in their boots, therefore, making the bottom part of the leg look skinny.

I say left handed because they're carrying the hammer in their left hand, when I'd carry it in my right, being right handed.

The boots in one video look too large on their foot, when they take a step and it bends in the toe area.

All jmo.

It makes me wonder if the suspect knows someone very well where she would have full access to the police garb she was seen in. Possibly a cop's wife, girlfriend, or brother?

Pregnant waddle
Toes amputated
Boots too big
Swaddled in clothing
Law officer
Dancer
Cardboard on soles
Hip injury
Needs a wee