TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a time on the camera footage of the perp? I'm wondering if the guy was looking for Missy in the shots. That could explain him opening the doors and looking in rooms and also could explain why the door was propped open. She could have been bringing in equipment. This link says the footage begins at 3:50, but it doesn't say what minutes we are looking at:

http://www.fox4news.com/news/129779738-story

Missy arrived at the church at 4:16 a.m. according to this story.

Someone obsessed with Missy, and felt rejected? JMO

I think the reason we have seen no video of the perp after is out of respect for Missy. Perp was probably covered in her blood :(

Someone obsessed with Missy, and felt rejected? JMO

That was my thought yesterday. The thing that bothers me is there is no way the perp acted alone. He was given prior knowledge of Missy's routine in a direct or non direct way. Sounds like the perp was in her social circle such as a friend of her and her husband.

Her occupation exposed herself to a lot of ppl, so that can not be dismissed either.....

I work PT in a building with rather high-level of security. We have guards at the entrance examining bags, and the guards monitoring the building. They go on rounds, check handles that are supposed to be locked, look in rooms, walk around all the hallways....all rather leisurely, yet serious at the same time.

I noticed this weekend that their movements reminded me of the video. We have both men and women guards (mostly men, though), and several of them are moonlighting from other security or LE jobs. Not all of them look in top shape, but I also wouldn't want to test them!

I have my ideas of who the perp is, and being a security guard wasn't something I really considered until I watched the guards this weekend. (I've been thinking adult female or teenager with a personal motive to kill Missy.)

It could be the movements we see on video that are so relaxed yet methodical show experience with either security or LE - s/he could've been looking for something specific, checking to see if anyone was in one of the rooms, and/or simply making sure s/he knew as much as possible about the building. Experienced guards wouldn't trust what was happening until they checked it themselves.

I know this isn't a new theory, but am bringing it up again after seeing such similar movements in the guards where I work occasionally.

(I have to say, "my" guards are the best! I know people joke about security guards being "wannabes," but don't count them out - I would trust the group I work with in an emergency, no doubt about it.)

assuming they bought the tactical gear, it cost more than anything they could have stolen from the church

His tactical gear probably cost less then $100. The Lakewood Church burglar stole $600,000.

What if camper #1 was MALE and had BB's phone....wouldn't seem so weird...

But then, if camper #1 was MALE....hmmm....bringing it around again why someone was there so early.....

I don't see getting there that early as strange...strange to ME because I would want to sleep as late as possible.... But someone else mentioned and I agree, if they were driving from a distance, they could have overshot how long they thought it would be before they got there (if it was their first time). But...that the perp fled without a trace...that's what makes it strange to me.....

If I walked in on something like that, I don't think I would immediately think MURDER either! Well, I guess it would depend on what was left around the body. It sounds like "tools" were so I wouldn't know what to think. I would first think accident though. Especially being at a CHURCH!!!

But I also had the thought, someone would have checked her for a pulse and possibly CPR. I don't find it strange two people called 911, maybe 1st one did and needed to perform CPR so 2nd called did. Or like someone else mentioned, one ran out, one stayed inside to see if they could help.

BUT.....I do find the 5AM 911 call a little strange. I mean, MB's car was there, you can see the door open and equipment out, that MB wasn't out AT LEAST 10 minutes before class...especially since camper #1 had been there so early. I get thinking MB ran inside to use the bathroom or maybe was just hanging out inside until others got there. But the campers seem dedicated so that they weren't out of their car and inside EARLY, but straight up at 5AM???

Again, I guess that would depend on how far inside the church MB was when killed. If they had to go inside and look around for her, that could cause a delay.

This thing just makes me sick. So cold blooded, the calmness, in a CHURCH.....and I could see the killer sitting here reading these posts. They KNEW they were on camera, they took great lengths to disguise themselves, make sure they weren't injured in the struggle, no DNA..... I think it's a game to them to see if anyone "finds them out" or if they just committed the "perfect murder"......

There are now three children that have to grow up without their mothers. Get married. Have babies. All without their mother by their side. SOOOOOOOOOO freaking sad...one person took her life over what......there is NO reason to take someone's life!!!! ARGHHH!!!!

JMO

I work PT in a building with rather high-level of security. We have guards at the entrance examining bags, and the guards monitoring the building. They go on rounds, check handles that are supposed to be locked, look in rooms, walk around all the hallways....all rather leisurely, yet serious at the same time.

I noticed this weekend that their movements reminded me of the video. We have both men and women guards (mostly men, though), and several of them are moonlighting from other security or LE jobs. Not all of them look in top shape, but I also wouldn't want to test them!

I have my ideas of who the perp is, and being a security guard wasn't something I really considered until I watched the guards this weekend. (I've been thinking adult female or teenager with a personal motive to kill Missy.)

It could be the movements we see on video that are so relaxed yet methodical show experience with either security or LE - s/he could've been looking for something specific, checking to see if anyone was in one of the rooms, and/or simply making sure s/he knew as much as possible about the building. Experienced guards wouldn't trust what was happening until they checked it themselves.

I know this isn't a new theory, but am bringing it up again after seeing such similar movements in the guards where I work occasionally.

(I have to say, "my" guards are the best! I know people joke about security guards being "wannabes," but don't count them out - I would trust the group I work with in an emergency, no doubt about it.)

BBM^ I had that thought last night. It was mentioned early on as a theory about a teenage *boy* maybe being angry that she wouldn't allow him to date her daughter (something we have seen with teen perps who don't get their own way) but what about a teenage *girl* who MB wouldn't allow be friends with her daughter or someone who maybe had beef with her daughter? I know we can't sleuth children so I feel bad even mentioning the kids but it has to be said as a possible theory. At this point, it STILL could be anyone since there is no description out from LE besides estimated height.

IMO, MOO

I still think it was a targeted murder. If it was a robbery, we would have seen the perp take things. Some event made the perp freak. What was the event?

A fitness trainer showing up in the middle of his burglary maybe?

I've been drawn into this case (as so many others have been), for many reasons. One of the reasons this struck home with me is that I am also a fitness instructor, different discipline, different state, but with similar teaching circumstances at times (early mornings, have taught in churches, etc.) and being alert and aware is always on my mind; and I bet hers, too, which makes this even scarier that something like this could still happen. You do get comfortable with the "known". As an aside, people showing up early and hanging around outside, as well as being friendly (or even becoming close friends) with an instructor is common. And for what it's worth, within my discipline at least, instructors support one another; any positive class growth is good for the overall program; there is not a competition between instructors (though there are always those that are the exception, they are few and far between.)

My thoughts: if it walks like a duck (in this case, literally), it is a duck. I think this was targeted. I don't think it looks like a burglary gone wrong, MOO. IMO someone with theft of a church (?) in mind would be: more spur of the moment (would not arrive in full gear but rather a hastily put together cover, say, a mask if anything, in case of cameras), would show up more like midnight-2am vs. rather than so very close to when early services could start, or a custodian could be there, or of course if they knew about these classes, so close to that time. Also, if a theft, wouldn't they have some sort of bag rather than count on grabbing handfuls of whatever (cash (and useless checks?) a chalice?). Also the timing seems awfully coincidental, based on the fact that the victim posted the time she was getting up (3:30am). I don't know the distance from her house to this location, but can imagine the perp showing up at 3:30am, taking a quick look to make sure nobody was there, breaking in, and then the odd stroll around. Which also didn't strike me as a theft in progress...where's the flashlight? Peeking into rooms and not throwing a light on to check for goods, just walking away? That seems more like looking for the "workout room" vs. items to steal. The vandalism seemed more like killing time, halfhearted attempts at throwing some herrings into the mix, or, and I hate to even write this, practice with what may have been the weapon. (Ugh.) Finally, I'm pretty sure the victim wrote that the class would be held indoors, and the overhang at the one entrance perhaps mentioned simply for those who might be dropped off as a place to wait under cover of rain.

I was hoping to logon this morning and see that an arrest has been made. I hope to hear of one soon. I feel awful for those who knew her, and most of all, her children and family.

I haven't been around most of the weekend and i know I will never catch up.
Just checking in to see if there was an arrest.
I can see from the posts I have read,there is no arrest yet
I will check latest MSN articles for up dates

A fitness trainer showing up in the middle of his burglary maybe?

I don't think it was your typical lets rob a church event. Even though there was damage inside , Missy was the target. They could have committed the crime in her house but chose the church location because it was about her. Something made the perp angry.

I don't think it was your typical lets rob a church event. Even though there was damage inside , Missy was the target. They could have committed the crime in her house but chose the church location because it was about her. Something made the perp angry.

He could have chosen the church because there he would be alone. He didn't want to be at the house with the kids ...

Is there a time on the camera footage of the perp? I'm wondering if the guy was looking for Missy in the shots. That could explain him opening the doors and looking in rooms and also could explain why the door was propped open. She could have been bringing in equipment. This link says the footage begins at 3:50, but it doesn't say what minutes we are looking at:

http://www.fox4news.com/news/129779738-story

Missy arrived at the church at 4:16 a.m. according to this story.

The released video is from before 4:00.

yGOfrEI.jpg

Image source

Since LE has said they have video of Missy entering and walking down the hall, but she disappears after turning a corner (?) ..... perhaps she was carrying equipment to the workout room/area and was immediately ambushed attacked as she entered. Possibly from behind if the perp waited out of sight. She may never have seen this coming until the attack began, but the perp had the weapons and body protections that made it easy to do the crime.

Also, the camper who waited in her car does not seem too unusual to me. She probably noticed the partially unloaded truck that belonged to Missy (with the door open, I believe) and assumed she would be back out soon. Thus she waited .... and waited .... and perhaps became concerned but would not enter alone.

IMO, the perp is female. Also, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the bulk on the front of her torso is from wearing a baseball catcher's chest protector over the jacket. IMO, the perp doesn't look like a "frumpy" woman, as mentioned earlier. IMO, the perp looks like a physically fit female, but wearing a baseball catcher's chest protector.

Welcome to WS, glasshalfull!

I especially agree with your comments that instructors in these types of fitness programs tend to support one another, not compete with one another, as it benefits the overall program. That has been my experience with another fitness/sports discipline. However, I am still considering the possibility that one of Missy's business associates may not have been a true team player or had some other personal problem with Missy that greatly escalated.

:welcome:

ALL I SAY IS IMO ONLY !!!

Whew: I slept & overnite there are 'only' 15 new WSl pages here ! I read up as much as I could but can't read all.

I am convinced the perp' is a male, YES, & I am convinced he is right there in their town, 'hiding in plain sight'.

I also am convinced police know exactly who the man is (yes, a man, cuz' he needed absolute confidence he could murder Missy, who was very, very fit, in a flash - the guy only had a few mins.' window of opportunity.

Does anyone know, my thoughts are FOR SURE this man trolled Missy's FB, but I bet he was cautious not to lurk in there 'too much' (even tho' IMO he's obsessive up the wazoo), so can police ask for a warrant to find all those 'numbers' that identify each computer that went into Missy's FB around the time of the murders??

I also wonder if there was a close place where the perp' - all dressed in black' - could park close by. Yes, he was dressed in all black EXCEPT his jacket said 'po po' very boldly in white. Also IMO the man looks strong but NO WAY a runner. So my hunch is that his car was just tucked away behind the bldg.

IMO: The police talk in a grief-stricken manner: IMO the police know exactly who this man is.

IMO: Yes, the man is loony IMO like Dennis Rader/serial killer/dog catcher, EXCEPT IMO this man is sociable beer drinking sort of guy. LAST NITE B4 SLEEP I can see this man hangs with a group of bikers & the whole 'social crowd' including his mom & sis are that 'tough sort', you know, NOT TO THE EXTREME of those bikers who went postal at the sleezy TX bar/restaurant so many months ago, but definitely the "I'll fight you & I will smash you to smithereens! sort of mindset and behavior.

Also, pre-sleep, one poster here has the hunch that this man has life stressors apart from him being so ticked off with Missy: That makes sense. I visualize the man as acting 'macho', super tough, like 'life is perfect, so good', BUT he can't face the truth that he sees himself as a loser. IMO murdering Missy was a way to show control NOT JUST OF MISSY BUT THAT ENTIRE TOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I completely see the man right now 'getting off' on how the town is terrorized EXCEPT I bet really the issue of his gait is bugging him BADDDD !!!!!! I visualize, say, if the guy's a joker-type who hangs in bars with his male & female biker group, BEFORE THE MURDER he acted sorta 'life of the party' but now he's more extreme out of nervousness, subtly behaving more extreme in his character traits.

The prob' is that this man did all he could NOT to be caught, NOT EVER ! Hmmm - in a rural area like that I would think it would not at all be problematic for him to think of a way to get rid of all the evidence.

One thought I had, tho', is IMO I can see this man right now is involved with some other woman (no fooling !! married like Dennis Rader but this killer is a social butterfly-beer drinker sort unlike Rader). So last nite b4 sleep I had the thought that I can imagine that what this man did with his own wife/'live in signif other' (but IMO prob' he's married to a female) was prob' watch her get pretty drunk prior to her 'passing out' - 'as usual' - except this time the man used drugs on her, prob' benzo' & IMO this man tested the booze/drunkenness & benzo' mix on his wife multiple times prior to the murder cuz' he needed to be sure that his wife would be completely conked out asleep - get it ??? so wife could be his alibi.

But hmmm - I wonder if his wife is a tinch suspicious now....

These are my thoughts, my own hunches & I am NOT an insider, these are my guesses.

Surely IMO local LE is sneakily tailing this killer 24-7 now, but doing so in a way that the man is really quite completely unaware that it's happening to him.

I bet the man is trying to walk different & tho' so many wrote about his gait, IMO the duck feet, the way his feet just turned on out, esp. the one side, was what struck me.

OH OH - group - has anyone posted blow-ups of the face of this man?????

I almost forgot !!! IMO this man wears eyeglasses !!

Oh - moustache & prob' a little more facial hair - all biker-like, similar to what other local men in his 'gang' WHOM HE LOOKS UP TO / ADMIRES !! do !!! I wish I had tv in a way cuz' I wonder how 2016 TX biker men in their 40's tend to dress now - for sure black, but I wonder about what their facial hair tends to be - lightbulb - later I'll go watch the video of that TX restaurant/bar where all the bikers had that huge shootout ! I'll look for the 'chunky men' not the slim-jim ones.

ALL MY HUNCHES ONLY, MY IMO ONLY, I LIVE 'UP' ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE USA.

I didn't even read it... just trusted the reporter. That's bad

Don't feel bad. Good grief, if this 'discovery' of COD on this search warrant is what the article is about, you'd expect the reporter to at least state it correctly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunnid