TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the burglars keep hitting churches. In Englewood Colorado one church burglar hit 19 times. Do you really think a guy would do it that many times, if he wasn’t getting quite a bit of money? Churches generally have more money then banks, and a lot less security.

Actually that burglar was described as 'pitful' because of what they stole where it wasn't exactly like hauling in a large take from an internationally famous televangelist:
The thief who broke into the church emptied a cardboard box piggy bank. Kids had just started filling the bank to raise enough money to contribute to Heifer International, so an animal could be purchased for people in a developing nation.

"They stole about $40 cash that our children had collected for a water buffalo," said Ramsey.

The thief also took off with grocery store gift cards that were meant to be sold to fund a church camp for kids.

"They stole about $500 to $600 in grocery cards," said Ramsey. "If you're stealing money out of a homemade cardboard box that's obviously for kids and if you're breaking into a 110-year-old church to get cash, you've got a pitiful problem."
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...he-19-unsolved-church-burglaries-in-Englewood

While another burglary by that person described in the media also had a low take and they said even if you got our collections, it wouldn't have been that much anyway:
“They had broken in through a window, went into the treasurer’s office, hoping they would find money,” said First Presbyterian Church spokeswoman Nan Feller.

Feller said the thief took less than $200 but the damage was even more. She said anyone who expected to find cash from the collection plate would be mistaken.

“The church takes their deposit over to the bank that morning so that’s not there and I just don’t get a lot of cash,” said Feller.
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/03/20/police-search-for-man-wanted-in-church-burglaries/

The Engelwood Church burglar was pitiful, not Ocean's 11.

I strongly disagree. I believe it was a targeted and very personal murder but that's JMO.

I believe a target hit and can you even pry open a safe with a crow bar ? I do know it is easy as pie to get a safe key, there are only 2 manufactor of those home type safes and if you have one look between the hinges, there is a number on it all you have to do is call them and they will mail you a new key. i have no idea what type of safes a church uses but hopefully they are better than the home type

I think the boots look bigger in some the earlier video shots. But in the most recent video (Apr 20), at the end of that the perp is coming out of Rm 12 (ladies' Bible study meets there according to website :-/ )...and he is standing in the hallway holding something that some have said looks like a Saran box in his left hand and chipping at glass with his right hand (he's fairly consistently right-handed in these). And if you look down at his feet, his boots do not look large or floppy. They look like normal black shoes or boots.

So I'm thinking it may be the movement of his feet on camera that's giving the appearance of floppy or large shoes in grainy video feed. (I also think it's probably important to burglars or murderers that their shoes are adequately fitted for running.)

BTW, in looking at several freeze-frames, that 'Saran Box' resembles a white document loosely folded up in thirds, to me.

Good eye. I never caught the "12" on the door before. And yes, the boots look normal size. I wonder if a savy person could estimate shoe size in that frame?

OK, most church burglars get more then $2,000, but we will assume there was $2,000 there. For a $2,000 job the burglar can probably afford a $100 in gear.

Perhaps my church congregation is smaller and/or has updated our offering practices more than others. There is no way we collect $2000 in cash on any Sunday. Most people don't put cash in the basket, but use checks instead.

A large percentage of congregants give online, either through direct deposit or making online contributions on our website. The collection plate often looks rather empty, but our donations are not down.

There simply isn't that much cash in the office. (I can see a larger congregation having cash or one that is a popular church for guests to visit, but our regular ol' church doesn't see much cash.)

I think churches are often hit by petty thieves because they are usually easy to enter and outsiders are welcomed. That is the draw more than the cash, imo. I don't see the need to break into a church when there are opportunities to just walk in.

I've mentioned upthread that our church has been hit a few times by thieves...a few times during church service itself when thieves took unattended items in open-to-the-public areas of the building while others were distracted in worship service.

Churches are more likely to be hit by vandals, imo, who enjoy damaging what other people love.

JMOpinion

The "flopping" effect some are seeing COULD be due to the reflection of his feet; the floors are very shiny. As his heel comes up to push off and take a step, maybe you are seeing the reflection being created.

Wow you seem sure it was a HER.

I have been reading all over the place about this case and an overwhelming majority think it's a female.

We're probably all wrong though. :thinking:

IMO, that may have been part of the motive - the thrill of taking down a woman who appeared to be unstoppable. A very competitive gladiator type who wanted to prove she was superior. This is just my opinion.

I agree.

I have been reading all over the place about this case and an overwhelming majority think it's a female.

We're probably all wrong though. :thinking:

I have gone back and forth and truly have two different opinions on why or who it is one or the other but until we have more info, it is just an opinion.

Texasgirl2 - re this in your post:

Can you (or someone) please help me find post(s) about the curly hair at nape of neck? (I am about 45 pages behind in the reading this morning.) Much obliged!

Also, I am still on the fence about male/female because it seems with each surveillance video release I've seen something different to make me change my mind. I will say that I'm leaning towards younger male, currently. And I sense this murder was personal (targeted), premeditated in excruciating detail (per the timeline), and carried out by someone close to her or acquainted with someone in her immediate circle. Possibly by someone who was obsessive and over-thinking (per the SWAT outfit), maybe even to a mentally ill degree, who may have perceived something wrongly or blown a situation all out of proportion.

That was my post. In the last survilence video released by Midlothian PD at the 1:12 mark I thought I saw black curly hair. A couple of folks agreed and a couple did not. I would appreciate your opinion too.

I believe a target hit and can you even pry open a safe with a crow bar ? I do know it is easy as pie to get a safe key, there are only 2 manufactor of those home type safes and if you have one look between the hinges, there is a number on it all you have to do is call them and they will mail you a new key. i have no idea what type of safes a church uses but hopefully they are better than the home type

My father had to call for that reason, and they made him jump through major hoops to prove he was the owner of the safe (after many years of ownership, it was hard, but he was able to give them enough info about when and where he bought it, etc. that they finally relented).

I have gone back and forth and truly have two different opinions on why or who it is one or the other but until we have more info, it is just an opinion.

Yup, same here. Although most of me strongly leans towards female, I have already posted that if it IS a male, he is very effeminate. It's good to keep an open mind on these cases. That's the only way to go.

I think that's why posts saying that, "No way would a woman do something like this!', or, "This isn't a typical crime committed by a woman!" bug the crap out of me.

It's dangerous to put these types of violent crimes in neat little boxes like that.

Just bouncing off your post, JHarlin, not saying you posted that. :)

I don't see a ponytail, myself. Not sure what everybody else is seeing. I also checked back, and if you look at this video, starting at the 1:30 mark, it's clear (to me) that the heel is simply reflected in the shine of the floor. As he picks up his heel, it creates a reflection; that may be what looks like 'flopping', b/c I honestly don't see what others are seeing there.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fitness-...tinues-to-perplex-texas-police-002259586.html

The released video is from before 4:00.

yGOfrEI.jpg

Image source

It looks like they are wearing a belly padding of some sort. Like in that movie Big Momma with Martin Lawrence.

So the perp could be skinnier. Jmo

While I don't think Missy happened upon a burglary in progress, I am still not ruling out the possibility that she interrupted some other sort of activity. Vandalism? Anger crime against a church? Strange role-playing? Perhaps these types of activities are what is making it so hard to pinpoint the perp - it could be anyone, not necessarily someone in Missy's circle.

My main hunch is that this was personal rage against Missy specifically....but with that hunch, I'd expect an arrest by now. So, that makes me hang on to the option that Missy interrupted something, but not a burglary.

What I'm saying is that options are still on the table for me. Gender, age, motive....I don't know what they are.

JMO

You make a good point about carrying burglary tools. Someone else made a very good point (my apologies, I can't remember who it was or where I saw it or I would quote and link). Their point was that the theory that the perp was staging a robbery makes no sense if you ALSO think that he wore that get-up b/c he was camera-aware. If he knew cameras were on him, he'd realize that the camera would catch him "staging" a robbery.

While I have my own theories about who is behind this IF Missy was targeted, I also am reminded of Occam's Razor, which is a theory that the most simple explanation is usually the right one. Real life crime is very seldom like the movies or detective novels. Most criminals do not stage elaborate hoaxes. For example, in my opinion, I don't think this person would be wearing boots that were too big to try to fool detectives into thinking the person was bigger. First of all, there are short people with very large feet, and vice versa. Second of all, they can clearly SEE how tall the person is; they can easily calculate the height from where the perp comes up to on the door.

Bingo, I think you hit the nail on the head. Some people are trying to relate this to movies or detective novels, and I love reading their posts about it. It makes for good reading. But real life is a bit more simple. Real life criminals just want to get the money the easiest way possible. They are not trying to create material for a book or a movie. If they are a burglar they want to break in, find the valuables and get out. If they are a hit man, they want to find the person, shoot them and get away as quick as possible. A hit man is not going to spend hours vandalizing a church while he waits to make his hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98