TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bingo, I think you hit the nail on the head. Some people are trying to relate this to movies or detective novels, and I love reading their posts about it. It makes for good reading. But real life is a bit more simple. Real life criminals just want to get the money the easiest way possible. They are not trying to create material for a book or a movie. If they are a burglar they want to break in, find the valuables and get out. If they are a hit man, they want to find the person, shoot them and get away as quick as possible. A hit man is not going to spend hours vandalizing a church while he waits to make his hit.

But this person did spend time in the church and didn't take anything.

What to make of that?

It almost looks like a pouch/ shoulder bag he's wearing in front. I wonder if that's where he kept his tools.

[video=youtube;ePS8TJ6UAqY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=ePS8TJ6UAqY&app=desktop[/video]

For those that think this is an experienced "burglar"...Watch again, starting around .28 seconds in. She tries the door, is very uncoordinated with her "burglary tools" and gives up trying to pry the door open after a few lame attempts. A locked door to a real burglar is a gold mine! Really?

Also, after the second try at getting the door open, she looks like she looks down at her hand and I can almost hear her saying, "Oh shoot, I just broke a nail". This person is soooo not an expert burglar. Not even close.

Next, when she walks towards the camera after giving up on that door (at approx. 1:07), look at the walk. Does that walk seriously look like a man?

Re: the black curly hair thing: I don't really see it either. If I freeze the frame at 1:11, I can see a neck with visible skin.

Missy Bevers perp.PNG

I cannot go with the burglary angle for many, many reasons. Nothing was taken, the perp was completely covered so he/ she would have no need to kill MB. The perp could have simply taken off. It appears that the burglary was staged and the window was broken later per what has been established here by many people. I believe she was targeted by someone full of rage, anger and possibly jealousy. JMO.

I cannot go with the burglary angle for many, many reasons. Nothing was taken, the perp was completely covered so he/ she would have no need to kill MB. The perp could have simply taken off. It appears that the burglary was staged and the window was broken later per what has been established here by many people. I believe she was targeted by someone full of rage, anger and possibly jealousy. JMO.

ITA. And while you'd want to not be identified in a burglary, you don't need the protection of that get-up.

It wasn't a burglary....though I do wonder if s/he took a roll of Saran Wrap from the kitchen. :)

JMO

I believe a target hit and can you even pry open a safe with a crow bar ? I do know it is easy as pie to get a safe key, there are only 2 manufactor of those home type safes and if you have one look between the hinges, there is a number on it all you have to do is call them and they will mail you a new key. i have no idea what type of safes a church uses but hopefully they are better than the home type

We have a home-type that is combination only. I don't believe homesafes are pry-able, though my son did crack the combo at age 10 or 11 when his X-box got put in there on timeout. :facepalm: (He was and is brilliant and I'm happy to report is gainfully employed today. He was a lot like the Catch Me if You Can character.)

With great effort (and an accomplice or dolly) I suppose one could haul a free-standing church or home safe to the doorway for safe-cracking purposes later, but unless the getaway car is close, it'd not be something a burglar is likely to make off with. And that'd have to be one highly motivated burglary (important something-or-other known to be in there).

Bingo, I think you hit the nail on the head. Some people are trying to relate this to movies or detective novels, and I love reading their posts about it. It makes for good reading. But real life is a bit more simple. Real life criminals just want to get the money the easiest way possible. They are not trying to create material for a book or a movie. If they are a burglar they want to break in, find the valuables and get out. If they are a hit man, they want to find the person, shoot them and get away as quick as possible. A hit man is not going to spend hours vandalizing a church while he waits to make his hit.

Eric Williams was a JP with a law degree. He was a real jerk and no one liked him at work. So the other JP's had puter monitors and closed circuit TV so they could hold their arrainments over the TV and not have to leave the office. Not Williams, the puter guy along with everyone else did not want to offer him the same option so he had to drive to the courthouse everyday. that was one big prob he had im sure their were others, anyway he decided he would go to the storage closet and get 2 old monitors and do the job himself. Well they didnt like that and busted him for theft. This resulted in his loss of a job and his law license. The end result he went to extreme measures to get his revenge and bought a car on CL, went all out and killed 3 of his fellow workers, a DA and a sheriff and his wife. Thank the lord they caught him and his wife and he now sits on DR in Texas.

I wonder if this is a similar situation.... just a guess but it sure seem familiar to me

I see IMO a late teen girl playing dress up to try and fool everyone. Someone putting on quite the "burglary" show but all the while just waiting to take their anger out on MB when she arrives. Padded and protected and ready for battle with tools. Revenge.

Eric Williams was a JP with a law degree. He was a real jerk and no one liked him at work. So the other JP's had puter monitors and closed circuit TV so they could hold their arrainments over the TV and not have to leave the office. Not Williams, the puter guy along with everyone else did not want to offer him the same option so he had to drive to the courthouse everyday. that was one big prob he had im sure their were others, anyway he decided he would go to the storage closet and get 2 old monitors and do the job himself. Well they didnt like that and busted him for theft. This resulted in his loss of a job and his law license. The end result he went to extreme measures to get his revenge and bought a car on CL, went all out and killed 3 of his fellow workers, a DA and a sheriff and his wife. Thank the lord they caught him and his wife and he now sits on DR in Texas.

I wonder if this is a similar situation.... just a guess but it sure seem familiar to me

What's a puter?

ITA. And while you'd want to not be identified in a burglary, you don't need the protection of that get-up.

It wasn't a burglary....though I do wonder if s/he took a roll of Saran Wrap from the kitchen. :)

JMO

I thought about that Saran Wrap thing. It could be nothing more then the perp being out of Saran Wrap at home and taking it, but you don't rob a place for saran wrap. JMO

I honestly don't think this was a burglar trying to steal church funds. Not frantic enough. No burglar's gonna spend half an hour just faffing about...

I thought about that Saran Wrap thing. It could be nothing more then the perp being out of Saran Wrap at home and taking it, but you don't rob a place for saran wrap. JMO

Oh, I know! I was just being funny in a not-funny situation. Still, if you're out of Saran Wrap and see a box ready for taking, perhaps s/he did swipe it. :)

But seriously, if that is Saran Wrap, I have to think there is a reason s/he had it.

jmo

I see IMO a late teen girl playing dress up to try and fool everyone. Someone putting on quite the "burglary" show but all the while just waiting to take their anger out on MB when she arrives. Padded and protected and ready for battle with tools. Revenge.

The thought entered my mind that maybe missy had kept one of her children from associating with another kid and that kid, or their parent, took the rejection way too personal. Far fetched? Yes, but nothing about this makes any sense yet. JMO

Oh, I know! I was just being funny in a not-funny situation. Still, if you're out of Saran Wrap and see a box ready for taking, perhaps s/he did swipe it. :)

But seriously, if that is Saran Wrap, I have to think there is a reason s/he had it.

jmo

Horrible to think of. But if it is saran wrap then my bet is that he hit her in the head then wrapped it around her head to make sure she would be dead by the time someone found her.

I agree: Perp' had easy access to his costume - he did NOT buy it to do this but already had it.
Agree - I think it's more likely he already had access to it (borrowed or stole it or already owned it). I don't think it's as likely he bought it specifically for the crime - if he had, odds are the police would've been all over that purchase already.

IMO, I see something similar, except the perp is maybe mid to late 30s or so. Revenge. Deep anger. One ups-man. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RN527