TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Far fetched....ehh maybe. But the thought ran threw my mind as well. I thought maybe a young guy was bothering one of her daughters or something and she stepped in and upset him. But I'm not sold on the idea that a young adult did this. This person new what they were doing a little too well.

I'm not sold on this being a young adult or juvenile, either. IMO, closer to mid 30s to maybe 40ish or so, and female, IMO.

Churches of Christ do not normally have a lot of money on hand. They do not normally have objects such as chalices. This would not be a good place to rob unless you were a rather stupid robber. The only thing worth taking would be computers and such, IMO. The real money can be found in robbing funeral homes, and they have serious safes.
jmo

If it was a robbery, this was a rather stupid robber, IMO. Well, burglar. He/she took nothing. He/she wasted quite a bit of time wandering around the church without finding anything of value to steal. He/she picked a time when his burglary would be interrupted by Missy, instead of going in at midnight or 2am. Then when Missy arrived, he/she killed her and turned his/her burglary into murder.

Stupid stupid burglar.

Or deliberate murderer. I lean toward deliberate murderer. This looks nothing like a burglary to me.

Making sure the pictures are straight?

Just kidding, those things can be fairly heavy duty, defo could have been something he/she picked up as a weapon. I wonder why the police are keeping so flippin' quiet about everything? Hoping it means they are on to it and just biding their time.
LOL! Or maybe going back to see if the wall was straight...

What it appears to be is a tubing connector found in a window sill. Not saran wrap. But both look similar.

That was my post. In the last survilence video released by Midlothian PD at the 1:12 mark I thought I saw black curly hair. A couple of folks agreed and a couple did not. I would appreciate your opinion too.

Thanks, Snowflower - and kudos to you for even noticing that split-second bit at the very end of that hallway scene! I watched it more than once and took a couple screenshots to zoom in on.

While I was not able to detect the dark curly hair at the nape of the neck, it could be there--I just can't see it. But it did seem to show a bit of white tee shirt at the neckline. Which has led my thinking in a couple ways...

* One, it would fit with a male perp who is wearing a white men's underwear style tee under his SWAT gear. Not saying it couldn't be female in a white tee of some sort, but to me the odds favor male.

* Second, it would not fit with someone who was going to strip off the SWAT gear before running away from the building in the dark (that would make him more noticeable).

Thanks for posting that...might seem innocuous, but I don't think it necessarily was.

Is Creekside about the same size as Lakewood? Would it have the same amount of $ to steal?

I have no idea. I’m told it is not. I just know that when I Google “church burglary” I get about 1,220,000 results. Even if 99% of those results are false hits, that still a hell of a lot of church burglaries. Some criminals must be getting enough money from them to make it worth their time.

I'm not sold on this being a young adult or juvenile, either. IMO, closer to mid 30s to maybe 40ish or so, and female, IMO.

I've been going back and forth on if it was a woman or a man. I honestly have no idea. In one of the videos when s/he started walking away from the door it so looked like a woman's walk. And then the front of the perp also looked like a woman. But then once they get down more and I can kind of get a view of them from the side it looks like a man. The shoulders are wide and flat chested underneath what ever they have on their chest. And whatever that is on there chest could possibly be what makes me think it looks like a woman a first. It's really hard to tell. I can't make my mind up.

I think we're going off on too far of a tangent with the safe idea. That was no safecracker in the video.

I'd also like to point out that the both the 5th Avenue Church and St. Pat's mentioned in the article are huge churches, have well-healed congregations, plus many visitors and tourists on any given Sunday who are likely to give cash. And the article is from 1985, when online deposits were not possible.

JMO, of course. Others have their own opinions.

I agree entirely with this.

(And I got a chuckle out them being "well-healed.") ;)

But this person did spend time in the church and didn't take anything.

What to make of that?

I think he got discovered before he found the money, he clubbed the woman over the head, and ran like hell, to avoid being arrested.

Just Google “church burglary $2,000 cash stolen”. You will get lots of examples.

Which tells you close nothing from a criminal statistical standpoint, but for the sake of argument I found 550,000 results for that Google search:
https://www.google.com/search?num=1...j1.1.0....0...1c.1.64.serp..0.0.0.tAdcdJTV8TY
But when I searched instead for "church burglary $100 cash stolen" I got over 1.3 million results:
https://www.google.com/search?num=1...-1.1.0....0...1c.1.64.serp..0.0.0.VtFnlPYorEE

Walks like a woman to me. Maybe she was dressed up in her husbands/ex husbands old police gear. You can buy police gear on EBay that has "Police" printed on it in big white letters. Nothing illegal about it, it's only illegal when you put it on and portray yourself as a cop.

It's too bad there isn't video of the shooting, but I'll bet you anything it was very clumsy and awkward on the part of the "cop". I agree with previous comments about how the person seems to just mosey around aimlessly and literally loiters in the hallway, for lack of a better word.

I think she was waiting for the victim, possibly making sure there weren't other witnesses around before she took the shot. Hell of a get-up, gotta say.

Walks like a woman to me. Maybe she was dressed up in her husbands/ex husbands old police gear. You can buy police gear on EBay that has "Police" printed on it in big white letters. Nothing illegal about it, it's only illegal when you put it on and portray yourself as a cop.

It's too bad there isn't video of the shooting, but I'll bet you anything it was very clumsy and awkward on the part of the "cop". I agree with previous comments about how the person seems to just mosey around aimlessly and literally loiters in the hallway, for lack of a better word.

I think she was waiting for the victim, possibly making sure there weren't other witnesses around before she took the shot. Hell of a get-up, gotta say.

BBM
This is exactly what I have been thinking. I don't think she bought the 'outfit'...I think it was available to her.

I think he got discovered before he found the money, he clubbed the woman over the head, and ran like hell, to avoid being arrested.

Hard to run in that outfit, but I suppose it's a possibility.

Not a very well-thought out burglary to wear clumsy clothes, take a lot of time in the church, and resort to intense violence when faced with a person who couldn't recognize him/her with the helmet and disguise. All that just to leave empty handed.

I've been going back and forth on if it was a woman or a man. I honestly have no idea. In one of the videos when s/he started walking away from the door it so looked like a woman's walk. And then the front of the perp also looked like a woman. But then once they get down more and I can kind of get a view of them from the side it looks like a man. The shoulders are wide and flat chested underneath what ever they have on their chest. And whatever that is on there chest could possibly be what makes me think it looks like a woman a first. It's really hard to tell. I can't make my mind up.

Some women's shoulders are broader than their hips, especially if they're working out and building muscles, IMO. If you do a google image search for women weight training, you'll see examples of women whose shoulders are broad and muscled, narrowing to slender hips that still have a round bottom.

If it was a robbery, this was a rather stupid robber, IMO. Well, burglar. He/she took nothing. He/she wasted quite a bit of time wandering around the church without finding anything of value to steal. He/she picked a time when his burglary would be interrupted by Missy, instead of going in at midnight or 2am. Then when Missy arrived, he/she killed her and turned his/her burglary into murder.

Stupid stupid burglar.

Or deliberate murderer. I lean toward deliberate murderer. This looks nothing like a burglary to me.

Then spending less than a minute on trying to prior that door and then giving up on it didn't seem like someone too intent to actually burglarize. They probably spent more time getting dressed in the morning than they did trying to get inside that door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jameshoots