TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
as well covered as this perp is why kill Missy ? you could just leave and thats the end of it no need to commit a murder, nope this was personal for whatever reason

And IMO if this was a planned burglary with such a relatively elaborate "outfit", the perp would've also planned out the most important part of it all, as in they would've known where to find the money. And if it wasn't planned, then what's with the "outfit"? Doesn't jive. MOO.

Then spending less than a minute on trying to prior that door and then giving up on it didn't seem like someone too intent to actually burglarize. They probably spent more time getting dressed in the morning than they did trying to get inside that door.

Yeah, that too.

Plus, he/she spent some time planning his/her wardrobe for the burglary, but apparently spent no time finding out where the church office was or where the money from the offering was kept. And spent no time learning how to use the burglary tools.

Now they're wanted for homicide, and they have nothing to show for it except maybe a box of Saran Wrap.

BBM
This is exactly what I have been thinking. I don't think she bought the 'outfit'...I think it was available to her.
I think this is right. IMO, she didn't have to purchase the outfit. In fact, the "POLICE" lettering on the back of the black jacket could have been iron-on letters from the local craft store, or she could have made her own sew-on letter appliques with any white fabric.
I keep thinking back about what the husband said in his interview - something about the outfit not being official, and just sort of piecemealed together. IMO, he's right.
That bulky area on the front looks like baseball or soccer chest protection, IMO.
Sew, or iron on some letters on the back of a black jacket? Grab a motorcycle or other type of helmet? Easy to piece together a non-official garb like that.

Possibly, but IMO, it looks like some sort of chest protector, associated with a sport such as baseball or soccer.

I thought his helmet looked like a baseball helmet, especially from the side. jmo

You make a good point about carrying burglary tools. Someone else made a very good point (my apologies, I can't remember who it was or where I saw it or I would quote and link). Their point was that the theory that the perp was staging a robbery makes no sense if you ALSO think that he wore that get-up b/c he was camera-aware. If he knew cameras were on him, he'd realize that the camera would catch him "staging" a robbery.

While I have my own theories about who is behind this IF Missy was targeted, I also am reminded of Occam's Razor, which is a theory that the most simple explanation is usually the right one. Real life crime is very seldom like the movies or detective novels. Most criminals do not stage elaborate hoaxes. For example, in my opinion, I don't think this person would be wearing boots that were too big to try to fool detectives into thinking the person was bigger. First of all, there are short people with very large feet, and vice versa. Second of all, they can clearly SEE how tall the person is; they can easily calculate the height from where the perp comes up to on the door.

Yes, I am also an adherent of Occam's Razor. So, I don't think the perp is a pregnant, peg legged, ballerina. More than likely, the perp is a younger man.

IMHO

And of those examples, did you find any where the perp wandered around the building, was known to wear heavy gear for a robbery?

I honestly don't think this perp was after cash in the office. MAYBE s/he tried the office and couldn't get in so wandered around instead - and that's what we see on camera - but I really don't think so.

jmo

Perp: "Well, crap, I can't get any cash but I'm not leaving here empty handed. I'm taking some cling wrap from the kitchen. And some toilet paper. And where are those foam craft alphabet letters they use in Vacation Bible School? I'm going to take the ones that spell P O L I C E just like my jacket. I bet there's an industrial size can of pudding around here somewhere, too."

I think this is right. IMO, she didn't have to purchase the outfit. In fact, the "POLICE" lettering on the back of the black jacket could have been iron-on letters from the local craft store, or she could have made her own sew-on letter appliques with any white fabric.
I keep thinking back about what the husband said in his interview - something about the outfit not being official, and just sort of piecemealed together. IMO, he's right.
That bulky area on the front looks like baseball or soccer chest protection, IMO.
Sew, or iron on some letters on the back of a black jacket? Grab a motorcycle or other type of helmet? Easy to piece together a non-official garb like that.

Ha, you have me picturing a woman, angrily limping around Hobby Lobby looking for sew on letters ..

Then spending less than a minute on trying to prior that door and then giving up on it didn't seem like someone too intent to actually burglarize. They probably spent more time getting dressed in the morning than they did trying to get inside that door.

I saw a theory somewhere (sorry I don't remember where I read that so I can't give credit where credit is due) that the perp was just prying the door to further their agenda of making it look like a burglary....leaving marks on the door like they tried to get in. I agree that they didn't seem to try very hard to get in the door. I can "kinda" see this staging theory but for me, it looks like the vandalism wasn't really about staging but about gaining access to areas they wanted to get into. If a door was locked, the perp would break the window on the door in order to gain access. Or maybe all of this was only due to boredom while waiting on MB to get there?

For me, I can't get over the feeling that this was some type of "hit" or that she was targeted. I just can't seem to get past that and see other motives. That person had an agenda and it didn't look like vandalism or robbery to me even a little bit.

This is also where I'm stuck between a targeted murder on Missy or Missy stumbled across some lunatic looking for something we just aren't aware of yet.
Reading all the posts here, you can clearly see that some are stuck on this being a burglary, while others are stuck on it being a targeted murder, or 'hit', if you will.

Usually when that happens, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

I just can't put together WHY a perp would smash windows, break things and vandalize property while waiting for their target of murder to walk in. If they are staging a burglary, it is usually (not always) done after the murder. Also, isn't the perp taking a chance that when Missy came in the church and saw all the glass and vandalism she would probably call 911?

These points are what keeps me going back to Missy stumbling across this wackjob doing something we don't know about yet and was murdered just for being there. :(

The Tersea Siever case is an example of this. Two men laying in wait to kill her then staging the scene after to make it look like a home invasion.

The perp in this case knew her morning routine and staged the scene before since the timeline was tight. The TS case, the two men had time after the murder because her husband was out of town. Their motive, money that hubby wanted from his wife's life insurance policy.

I really think the perp was a husband of a camper that attended Missy's camp. The church meant nothing to him. She was targeted

I feel very strongly that this wasn't a burglary. That is about the only thing I am pretty sure about in all of this. To me the perp went to the church to kill Missy and that was it.
I personally think it was a hired hit more then anything. But it's possible it was a crazy chick who hated her. Or a stalker. Regardless, I think the chances of it being somebody the cops will need to talk to are good. I think this person dress up and wore chin grads to not get bruises or scratches on them that would be visible to police.

Does anybody happen to know how long Missy had been teaching classes at this church? Was it weeks, months, a year? Did she by chance take over somebody else's job there?

With nuts coming out of the woodwork lately, frothed up by what we hear in the political races....it's not far-fetched to me that we may have some deranged, militant, anti-religious person who wanted to vandalize a local church - one that looks huge and well funded. This guy could be crazy enough to eliminate a threat like a woman interrupting his plan.

He doesn't look like he's looking for anything to steal, he looks like he's making himself comfortable in the place, indiscriminately smashing things, snooping. Perhaps he thinks his disguise and casual demeanor will frighten/anger (and terrorize) the church and community once they view the tapes - which he knows exist.

Had he not been interrupted, I would guess he would have smashed some more, snooped some more and then left before daybreak. Then sat back and watched the community reel over the scary security tapes.

This could also be some stupid game/initiation gone wrong.

The problem I have with the targeted hit theory (especially given the fact that LE has stated that what we see on the tapes we have access to is pretty representative of the entire time the perp was in the building) is that if someone what intending to kill MB, I think they would enter the building, hide in the dark and wait. Not tour the facility getting distracted by doors, various rooms etc. Not "stage" a lazy burglary in view of cameras. This person is entirely too casual if their intent is murder. The tapes we see are about 15 minutes before "go time". That behavior just seems inconsistent. unless--

But if that person is very close to MB or the church, been there before, generally curious about what it all looks like in the dark after-hours and is absolutely sure of the timeframe of MBs arrival, maybe the perp built in an extra 20 minutes into his/her timeline so they would be able to "check out the place" before go-time.

I think we're going off on too far of a tangent with the safe idea. That was no safecracker in the video.

I'd also like to point out that the both the 5th Avenue Church and St. Pat's mentioned in the article are huge churches, have well-healed congregations, plus many visitors and tourists on any given Sunday who are likely to give cash. And the article is from 1985, when online deposits were not possible.

JMO, of course. Others have their own opinions.

I think an experienced thief would go where the money is. Someone younger perhaps would not be that savvy. Also, someone not plugged into the culture of churches here might mistakenly believe there was more $$ there than actually was. I think that church was chosen because of its remote location. JMO

I think if this was a target killing it was so well planned as to be an execution. I tend to think if there was someone out to get Missy to that extent someone in her circle would have guessed. I hope so. all jmo

I thought about that Saran Wrap thing. It could be nothing more then the perp being out of Saran Wrap at home and taking it, but you don't rob a place for saran wrap. JMO
I saw a foil covered brick. Whatever it was it look light reflective. It almost glowed.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

And IMO if this was a planned burglary with such a relatively elaborate "outfit", the perp would've also planned out the most important part of it all, as in they would've known where to find the money. And if it wasn't planned, then what's with the "outfit"? Doesn't jive. MOO.

Yeah, you don't need knee and elbow pads to jimmy a lock, but knee and elbow pads can be quite useful if you think you're going to be in a struggle

I think an experienced thief would go where the money is. Someone younger perhaps would not be that savvy. Also, someone not plugged into the culture of churches here might mistakenly believe there was more $$ there than actually was. I think that church was chosen because of its remote location. JMO

I think if this was a target killing it was so well planned as to be an execution. I tend to think if there was someone out to get Missy to that extent someone in her circle would have guessed. I hope so. all jmo

BBM

I think they are guessing. But, LE can't arrest without evidence.

It's also possible that it's a hired hit, in which case the actual killer might not be known within the circle. That's my hunch at the moment.

JMO.

With nuts coming out of the woodwork lately, frothed up by what we hear in the political races....it's not far-fetched to me that we may have some deranged, militant, anti-religious person who wanted to vandalize a local church - one that looks huge and well funded. This guy could be crazy enough to eliminate a threat like a woman interrupting his plan.

He doesn't look like he's looking for anything to steal, he looks like he's making himself comfortable in the place, indiscriminately smashing things, snooping. Perhaps he thinks his disguise and casual demeanor will frighten/anger (and terrorize) the church and community once they view the tapes - which he knows exist.

Had he not been interrupted, I would guess he would have smashed some more, snooped some more and then left before daybreak. Then sat back and watched the community reel over the scary security tapes.

This could also be some stupid game/initiation gone wrong.

The problem I have with the targeted hit theory (especially given the fact that LE has stated that what we see on the tapes we have access to is pretty representative of the entire time the perp was in the building) is that if someone what intending to kill MB, I think they would enter the building, hide in the dark and wait. Not tour the facility getting distracted by doors, various rooms etc. Not "stage" a lazy burglary in view of cameras. This person is entirely too casual if their intent is murder. The tapes we see are about 15 minutes before "go time". That behavior just seems inconsistent. unless--

But if that person is very close to MB or the church, been there before, generally curious about what it all looks like in the dark after-hours and is absolutely sure of the timeframe of MBs arrival, maybe the perp built in an extra 20 minutes into his/her timeline so they would be able to "check out the place" before go-time.

The perp took the time to stage beforehand because he wanted to throw off LE to what the motive was. Missy was the target. One article said she was ambushed in the church. That makes me believe he was there for her or if he was there on someone else's plan to kill Missy . This just seems like a really personal crime

The Tersea Siever case is an example of this. Two men laying in wait to kill her then staging the scene after to make it look like a home invasion.

The perp in this case knew her morning routine and staged the scene before since the timeline was tight. The TS case, the two men had time after the murder because her husband was out of town. Their motive, money that hubby wanted from his wife's life insurance policy.

I really think the perp was a husband of a camper that attended Missy's camp. The church meant nothing to him. She was targeted

I agree with you that the perp likely knew MB's routine and that the church meant nothing to him/her! Also, regarding the BBM and your example, I think that the perp in this case had to "vandalize" or make it look like a burglary beforehand because he/she wasn't sure of when the campers would arrive. If MB was the target, the perp had to do the housekeeping before she got there so that they could make a clean getaway when the deed was done.

I saw a theory somewhere (sorry I don't remember where I read that so I can't give credit where credit is due) that the perp was just prying the door to further their agenda of making it look like a burglary....leaving marks on the door like they tried to get in. I agree that they didn't seem to try very hard to get in the door. I can "kinda" see this staging theory but for me, it looks like the vandalism wasn't really about staging but about gaining access to areas they wanted to get into. If a door was locked, the perp would break the window on the door in order to gain access. Or maybe all of this was only due to boredom while waiting on MB to get there?

For me, I can't get over the feeling that this was some type of "hit" or that she was targeted. I just can't seem to get past that and see other motives. That person had an agenda and it didn't look like vandalism or robbery to me even a little bit.

The problem I am having with going with a staged burglary is that from the way this perp dressed they new they were on camera. The police get up to me was a f-you to police...the draging his hand on wall was a hah bet you still can't get my DNA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966