TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who think this was a burglary, what is convincing you of that?

I just don't see it. Help me out.

JMO

The fact that he had burglary tools, especially a slim jim. The way he was looking round.he attempted to pry open the door by the bulletin board -- is that the church office ? I think he was an inexperienced burglar because he made the worst mistake possible : he left his tools at the crime scene. As well as giving federal LE 30 minutes of video. bet he didn't know that that footage can be enhanced enough to identify him

but, I can see other sides too... this case is so strange. Especially the police uniform. Also, when he is looking at the bulletin board, he turns away from the camera, and seems to look at something in his hand. Then he makes a movement and turns, zipping up his jacket. I wondered if he was looking at a phone ? jmo

The fact that he had burglary tools, especially a slim jim. The way he was looking round.he attempted to pry open the door by the bulletin board -- is that the church office ? I think he was an inexperienced burglar because he made the worst mistake possible : he left his tools at the crime scene. As well as giving federal LE 30 minutes of video. bet he didn't know that that footage can be enhanced enough to identify him

but, I can see other sides too... this case is so strange. Especially the police uniform. Also, when he is looking at the bulletin board, he turns away from the camera, and seems to look at something in his hand. Then he makes a movement and turns, zipping up his jacket. I wondered if he was looking at a phone ? jmo

We don't know whether the perp had burglary tools or breaching tools

ugh. this case is giving me the heebee jeebees this morning! my head keeps saying ticktock....ticktock.... also on youtube something icky- there is a new channel with MB's name and pic that was started 3-4 days ago.

Do you have a link to that video on youtube? What do you mean by icky?

With respect, that doesn't convince me of burglary.

Looks like a planned hit, imo.

JMO

https://mobile.twitter.com/JennyAFox4/status/722427836607234048?p=v The source. I don't think these pictures have been posted and if they have, I have not seen them.

I wonder if this was at the back of the church? Looking at the church on Google Earth, it is hard for me to figure out where MB went in and where the campers were parked.

Also, I have heard that LE may have caught a small glimpse of a corner of the perp's car but it was too grainy to be released or to help them with the investigation. I'm not sure if this is just rumor or if anyone saw this in MSM. Anyone?

Just a question to sort things out in my head.

If the killer was there with one purpose and that was to kill Missy, why would he need to stage anything?
He was completely covered, hard to identify
Why do some think it was a staged robbery?
Why would he need to stage a robbery

Regardless of what he made it look like, there is a dead body

I wonder if this was at the back of the church? Looking at the church on Google Earth, it was hard for me to be able to tell where MB went in and where the campers were parked.

Also, I have heard that LE may have caught a small glimpse of a corner of the perp's car but it was too grainy to be released or to help them with the investigation. I'm not sure if this is just rumor or if anyone saw this in MSM. Anyone?

It is not a rumor, I read it but I will never be able to find it again

Found it!

Police said they saw no interaction between Bevers and the suspect on camera. They say they may have captured the suspect's car on video but they do not have enough information to reveal any more details to the public.
'There’s one surveillance camera where you can see the car in the far corner of the frame, parked in the distance. You can't make out a plate, and we're not even comfortable releasing anything about a possible make or model,' Johnson said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...isly-early-morning-slaying-fitness-coach.html

It is not a rumor, I read it but I will never be able to find it again

Maybe this article? There may have been others. I can never completely catch up on these threads.

Police said they saw no interaction between Bevers and the suspect on camera. They say they may have captured the suspect's car on video but they do not have enough information to reveal any more details to the public.

'There’s one surveillance camera where you can see the car in the far corner of the frame, parked in the distance. You can't make out a plate, and we're not even comfortable releasing anything about a possible make or model,' Johnson said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ning-slaying-fitness-coach.html#ixzz46rMLWFjy
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

If the killer was there with one purpose and that was to kill Missy, why would he need to stage anything?

My hunch - pure speculation - is that the perp was checking out the building, as a precaution against being surprised by anyone being there (janitor, another class, etc.) and being mildly disrespectful to the building as s/he wandered around checking it out. The perp could've walked around without doing any damage, and the perp could've walked around doing much more damage than we've seen.

I'm not sure it was "staged" as much as it was arrogant. JMO

I wondered the same thing at first. But what about trying to make it look like a robbery so it wouldn't look like it was personal? Plus, I don't think they were necessarily staging a robbery. To stage a robbery, you'd have to take something right? Or does the saran wrap count? ;) IMO, they only staged vandalism.

For those who think this was a burglary, what is convincing you of that?

I just don't see it. Help me out.

JMO

I'm leaning toward burglary or similar (B&E for whatever reason). IMO I do not think that the killer targeted Missy or the camp in general.
I think the ATF etc. got called in to make doubly sure that the building hadn't been cased by the killer for a mass shooting/attack/bombing etc. based on how the perp was outfitted. There have been enough cases of mass attacks where the person/people responsible were outfitted in militaristic get-ups that they'd be completely remiss not to make sure something similar wasn't the plan.

Why do I think it's possible that this was primarily a B&E and not a hit?

1. If this was a planned hit on Missy, there would have been too many variables/too much luck involved for her to have been in the building, alone, unsuspecting, and trapped, while allowing ample time for the killer to carry out his/her deed and escape undetected. Surely there are much easier or more practical ways to go about this.

2. The chosen day/night.
People keep pointing out that there was probably little cash on the premises, but if the perp was from the area but unfamiliar with the details of this particular church they wouldn't have known that. Instead they would have probably heard about robbers getting away with huge sums of money from a different area church and made the faulty assumption that between Sunday services and Monday deposits there's be a goldmine waiting for them. They'd be wrong, but it's not difficult to see why someone might think this based on news reports.

3. The lazy looking casing of the church and the random attempts at breaking doors- if the perp wanted to surprise Missy or the group, you'd think they's want to make the interior look as undisturbed as possible in order to have an element of surprise when someone entered the building. They wouldn't want anyone to poke their head in, get spooked, and/or call in a robbery right away. Also the perp is acting as if they have all the time in the world, which to me makes sense only if they didn't expect someone to show up so early in the morning.

4. The assorted burglary tools.

5. The get-up. I don't understand why some people think this is an either/or situation regarding whether the video shows someone who is either trying to burglarize the place or someone who is playing out a fantasy game in their head. I think it's a little of both. I believe the costume serves many purposes- it allows the perp to get into a "mission" mindset, it obscures their identity from any cameras, it gives them courage and a sense of physical protection in the event they are in a struggle/fall/bang into something/are tackled if anything goes wrong. IMO they saw their B&E and robbery as a tactical mission.

6. It's likely that the perp didn't take anything/pile items up because they were focussed only on taking what they hoped would be a box or envelope with cash, and Missy interrupted their full exploration. It's also my opinion they didn't park in the church lot, but further away since they probably didn't know the outdoor cameras weren't working. No way to get steal larger objects like computers etc. no matter how enticing.IMO the perp could have had any number of fabric sacks/reusable bags for any small items they came across.

7. Based on the videos and input from some of the other posters, I think it's possible that the perp was scoping out exits and looking places the video taping could be hidden.

8. I don't think this burglar was very experienced at all, but I could be wrong. I also agree it looks like they could have some security/military/LE background or similar. I think inexperience and adrenaline could have caused him/her to panic and clobber Missy rather than just run out of the building and escape.

Can someone just confirm there was no (working) CCTV at the drive way of the church? The parking lot goes right the way round the building, so if the killer knew that the fitness group all parked on one side, could they have parked round the other side, out of view?

Do you have a link to that video on youtube? What do you mean by icky?

search MB on youtube. use filter to search channels. it's icky because it was activated 4 days ago. new vids are being uploaded currently.

I'm leaning toward burglary or similar (B&E for whatever reason). IMO I do not think that the killer targeted Missy or the camp in general.
I think the ATF etc. got called in to make doubly sure that the building hadn't been cased by the killer for a mass shooting/attack/bombing etc. based on how the perp was outfitted. There have been enough cases of mass attacks where the person/people responsible were outfitted in militaristic get-ups that they'd be completely remiss not to make sure something similar wasn't the plan.

1. If this was a planned hit on Missy, there would have been too many variables/too much luck involved for her to have been in the building, alone, unsuspecting, and trapped, while allowing ample time for the killer to carry out his/her deed and escape undetected. Surely there are much easier or more practical ways to go about this.

2. The chosen day/night.
People keep pointing out that there was probably little cash on the premises, but if the perp was from the area but unfamiliar with the details of this particular church they wouldn't have known that. Instead they would have probably heard about robbers getting away with huge sums of money from a different area church and made the faulty assumption that between Sunday services and Monday deposits there's be a goldmine waiting for them. They'd be wrong, but it's not difficult to see why someone might think this based on news reports.

3. The lazy looking casing of the church and the random attempts at breaking doors- if the perp wanted to surprise Missy or the group, you'd think they's want to make the interior look as undisturbed as possible in order to have an element of surprise when someone entered the building. They wouldn't want anyone to poke their head in, get spooked, and/or call in a robbery right away. Also the perp is acting as if they have all the time in the world, which to me makes sense only if they didn't expect someone to show up so early in the morning.

5. The get-up. I don't understand why some people think this is an either/or situation regarding whether the video shows someone who is either trying to burglarize the place or someone who is playing out a fantasy game in their head. I think it's a little of both. I believe the costume serves many purposes- it allows the perp to get into a "mission" mindset, it obscures their identity from any cameras, it gives them courage and a sense of physical protection in the event they are in a struggle/fall/bang into something/are tackled if anything goes wrong. IMO they saw their B&E and robbery as a tactical mission.

6. It's likely that the perp didn't take anything/pile items up because they were focussed only on taking what they hoped would be a box or envelope with cash, and Missy interrupted their full exploration. It's also my opinion they didn't park in the church lot, but further away since they probably didn't know the outdoor cameras weren't working. No way to get steal larger objects like computers etc. no matter how enticing.IMO the perp could have had any number of fabric sacks/reusable bags for any small items they came across.

7. Based on the videos and input from some of the other posters, I think it's possible that the perp was scoping out exits and looking places the video taping could be hidden.

8. I don't think this burglar was very experienced at all, but I could be wrong. I also agree it looks like they could have some security/military/LE background or similar. I think inexperience and adrenaline could have caused him/her to panic and clobber Missy rather than just run out of the building and escape.

Well thought out post!!

Calling in ATF has always made me wonder
And there was the quote from law enforcement or the prosecutor about finding out what is really behind this break in

2. The chosen day/night.

I appreciate your points! I happen to think it was a planned murder, but you know what....we need to keep open minds.

JMO

My hunch - pure speculation - is that the perp was checking out the building, as a precaution against being surprised by anyone being there (janitor, another class, etc.) and being mildly disrespectful to the building as s/he wandered around checking it out. The perp could've walked around without doing any damage, and the perp could've walked around doing much more damage than we've seen.

I'm not sure it was "staged" as much as it was arrogant. JMO

I have seen footage of break ins where the burglars watched TV, and checked out the food in the refrigerator. I recall a couple of incidents where burglars actually lay down and fell asleep ! I think he thought he had way more time in there. And, there is 30 minutes of footage, and we have only been shown a couple of minutes. there is way more going on here. What does LE and authority mean to this person ? The dress up is some kind of clue, and why is it so very had to figure out ? jmo

If you want to kill someone, one way to reduce your likelihood of being identified as the killer is to make the killing look like something else. For example, a burglary. If LE saw this strictly as a burglary that Missy's unexpected arrival unfortunately interrupted, perhaps LE would be looking for burglars. Perhaps LE wouldn't look all that closely at Missy's circle of friends, acquaintances, campers, business associates, etc., to find out if one of them wanted her dead.

I personally don't think he knew about the interior cameras. Without the surveillance video, this would probably look a lot more like an interrupted burglary. But the nonchalant wandering around and the half-hearted attempts at opening locked doors tells me that he wasn't really trying to burgle. A real burglar would be intent and focused on getting in, grabbing the money (or whatever else he was there to steal) and getting out fast. A real burglar wouldn't amble around leisurely for that long.

Can someone just confirm there was no (working) CCTV at the drive way of the church? The parking lot goes right the way round the building, so if the killer knew that the fitness group all parked on one side, could they have parked round the other side, out of view?

4. Investigators say the suspect used a pry bar to smash glass and open a side door at the church. The building doesn't have an alarm, and outside surveillance cameras weren't working, Capt. John Spann with Midlothian police said.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/8-things-we-know-about-missy-bevers-murder/145099447

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NellyKim