TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But if that person is very close to MB or the church, been there before, generally curious about what it all looks like in the dark after-hours and is absolutely sure of the timeframe of MBs arrival, maybe the perp built in an extra 20 minutes into his/her timeline so they would be able to "check out the place" before go-time.

He does seem to know his timeframe. The casualness and 30 minutes of wandering makes it more apparent to me that this was not a burglary. Casual manner also to me supports that he knew her (posted) schedule - even what time her alarm clock was set to go off was posted - and knew that he had a bit of time before her arrival to wander around making a mess before she came, perhaps to cover up that it was a targeted killing. It seems to be a combination of boredom and random destruction and mild curiosity, but nothing shows intention to seek and gather STUFF (nor did he arrive with or use a bag or box there to load up with).

Yeah, you don't need knee and elbow pads to jimmy a lock, but knee and elbow pads can be quite useful if you think you're going to be in a struggle

And all those items could be sports equipment already owned, or easily bought with cash at a sporting goods store in Dallas. IMO, this outfit appears put together by piece, not anything official at all.

IMO, this was intended to be a battle between two strong women where the perp came dressed for battle and was expecting to come out the victor. This is just my opinion.

So the Saran wrap thingy is bothering me. I googled police tools and found something about the right size called "door storm". I use Tapatalk on my phone and cannot upload pix to threads no matter how hard I try. Also other tools can connect to it. Very handy. On website is also something called " secure me" which resembles almost a contractors "level" I know many were talking about seeing what looked like a level earlier on.

MOO, I really think this person is into security with either past LEO history, or an attempt at LE career. All jmo. This wasnt a robbery but def planned to look that way. I would look to other people financially invested in Missys industry who also have LE type background. Perhaps Missy was infringing on their "turf" or they invested money and lost "pyramid" style.

Also I am seeing Police Riot gear vs SWAT gear. Helmets are similar.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The problem I am having with going with a staged burglary is that from the way this perp dressed they new they were on camera. The police get up to me was a f-you to police...the draging his hand on wall was a hah bet you still can't get my DNA.

I couldn't agree more. For me, I haven't even considered that they didn't know about the cameras because they dressed for the occasion. I DON'T understand how they knew that there wouldn't be an alarm. I thought every business (churches too!) had one.

I too thought the dragging his/her hand on the wall was interesting. Not a f-you to the police though but casual and even a little confident (?) perhaps.

I saw a theory somewhere (sorry I don't remember where I read that so I can't give credit where credit is due) that the perp was just prying the door to further their agenda of making it look like a burglary....leaving marks on the door like they tried to get in. I agree that they didn't seem to try very hard to get in the door. I can "kinda" see this staging theory but for me, it looks like the vandalism wasn't really about staging but about gaining access to areas they wanted to get into. If a door was locked, the perp would break the window on the door in order to gain access. Or maybe all of this was only due to boredom while waiting on MB to get there?

For me, I can't get over the feeling that this was some type of "hit" or that she was targeted. I just can't seem to get past that and see other motives. That person had an agenda and it didn't look like vandalism or robbery to me even a little bit.

I read this and thought ' well why would they do that knowing the cameras are on ''. Then I thought if this perp disabled the cameras outside, they may have thought/ assumed they were disabling ALL the cameras. Pure speculation of course but maybe they thought all the cameras were dead at that time, so no point trying to hide from them in the building.

The casualness and 30 minutes of wandering makes it more apparent to me that this was not a burglary. Casual manner also to me supports that he knew her (posted) schedule - even what time her alarm clock was set to go off was posted - and knew that he had a bit of time before her arrival to wander around making a mess before she came, so as to cover up that it was a targeted killing.

Hmm....you're post has me thinking about the timing.

The perp was in the buildling well before class. S/he knew there was time to wander around. But how did the perp know when Missy would arrive? She arrived about 45 minutes before the start of class, and was killed quickly, it seems, since the first camper arrived only 15 minutes or so after Missy arrived. I'm assuming the crime had been committed by the time the first camper showed up.

What I'm saying is - the perp knew there was time to wander YET was in place to ambush Missy when she arrived. We can't assume the perp heard Missy enter the building as there is no reason for her entry to be particularly loud. The perp was close enough to the entry way to ambush Missy at the right time.

So, how did perp know what that time was? Either s/he was familiar with Missy's routine or had a partner who signaled that Missy was arriving????

I've been toying with the idea that the perp has a partner, and I'm still considering that.

JMO.

For those that think this is an experienced "burglar"...Watch again, starting around .28 seconds in. She tries the door, is very uncoordinated with her "burglary tools" and gives up trying to pry the door open after a few lame attempts. A locked door to a real burglar is a gold mine! Really?

Also, after the second try at getting the door open, she looks like she looks down at her hand and I can almost hear her saying, "Oh shoot, I just broke a nail". This person is soooo not an expert burglar. Not even close.

Next, when she walks towards the camera after giving up on that door (at approx. 1:07), look at the walk. Does that walk seriously look like a man?

Re: the black curly hair thing: I don't really see it either. If I freeze the frame at 1:11, I can see a neck with visible skin.

View attachment 92565

First, no one ever said that criminals were smart. That said I think the main problem the burglar had is that this was a pretty new building and those doors were very strong. I don’t think the suspect expected to find doors that strong on the interior.

Here is a video of a couple of firefighters forcing entry through a door that I think is very similar to the doors in the church. They do it in 35 seconds. But it takes two of them and they have a lot better tools, then what the burglar had. I don’t think the burglar was going to get through those doors with the tools that he had.

[video=youtube;OM2mHo_G1oY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM2mHo_G1oY[/video]

I feel very strongly that this wasn't a burglary. That is about the only thing I am pretty sure about in all of this. To me the perp went to the church to kill Missy and that was it.
I personally think it was a hired hit more then anything. But it's possible it was a crazy chick who hated her. Or a stalker. Regardless, I think the chances of it being somebody the cops will need to talk to are good. I think this person dress up and wore chin grads to not get bruises or scratches on them that would be visible to police.

Does anybody happen to know how long Missy had been teaching classes at this church? Was it weeks, months, a year? Did she by chance take over somebody else's job there?

She had been teaching there since last year and she replaced someone. <modsnip>

First, no one ever said that criminals were smart. That said I think the main problem the burglar had is that this was a pretty new building and those doors were very strong. I don&#8217;t think the suspect expected to find doors that strong on the interior.

Here is a video of a couple of firefighters forcing entry through a door that I think is very similar to the doors in the church. They do it in 35 seconds. But it takes two of them and they have a lot better tools, then what the burglar had. I don&#8217;t think the burglar was going to get through those doors with the tools that he had.

[video=youtube;OM2mHo_G1oY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM2mHo_G1oY[/video]

For those who think this was a burglary, what is convincing you of that?

I just don't see it. Help me out.

JMO

Hmm....you're post has me thinking about the timing.

The perp was in the buildling well before class. S/he knew there was time to wander around. But how did the perp know when Missy would arrive? She arrived about 45 minutes before the start of class, and was killed quickly, it seems, since the first camper arrived only 15 minutes or so after Missy arrived. I'm assuming the crime had been committed by the time the first camper showed up.

What I'm saying is - the perp knew there was time to wander YET was in place to ambush Missy when she arrived. We can't assume the perp heard Missy enter the building as there is no reason for her entry to be particularly loud. The perp was close enough to the entry way to ambush Missy at the right time.

So, how did perp know what that time was? Either s/he was familiar with Missy's routine or had a partner who signaled that Missy was arriving????

I've been toying with the idea that the perp has a partner, and I'm still considering that.

JMO.

I think he was on it with someone else but the person wasn't there. I still believe that the area he gained entry was where she was killed because he knew where she was headed by information he was told.

MOO only, but I think it was a couple that had a connection to the camp and Missy's social circle.

It might look weird to us, but the perp had the adgenda planned out.

Eric Williams was a JP with a law degree. He was a real jerk and no one liked him at work. So the other JP's had puter monitors and closed circuit TV so they could hold their arrainments over the TV and not have to leave the office. Not Williams, the puter guy along with everyone else did not want to offer him the same option so he had to drive to the courthouse everyday. that was one big prob he had im sure their were others, anyway he decided he would go to the storage closet and get 2 old monitors and do the job himself. Well they didnt like that and busted him for theft. This resulted in his loss of a job and his law license. The end result he went to extreme measures to get his revenge and bought a car on CL, went all out and killed 3 of his fellow workers, a DA and a sheriff and his wife. Thank the lord they caught him and his wife and he now sits on DR in Texas.

I wonder if this is a similar situation.... just a guess but it sure seem familiar to me

Thanks, dizzychick! I thought about this case, as well. Erik Williams was a respected member of the community, and look what he did! Goes to show, how some people can go off, when motivated by revenge. But, I do believe he had a few screws loose, to begin with.

IMHO

I think he was on it with someone else but the person wasn't there. I still believe that the area he gained entry was where she was killed because he knew where she was headed by information he was told.

MOO only, but I think it was a couple that had a connection to the camp and Missy's social circle.

It might look weird to us, but the perp had the adgenda planned out.

It could be that a "look out" was watching Missy's house or the parking lot and then called the perp when Missy either left home or arrived so the perp could be in position for the ambush.

?

JMO.

as well covered as this perp is why kill Missy ? you could just leave and thats the end of it no need to commit a murder, nope this was personal for whatever reason

Missy could chase the perp as s/he ran away. They did not want to be caught.

At first I thought the box thing was a light but maybe it is a "doorStorm" here is a video of what it looks like.

[video=youtube;8rJoWaMMVZ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rJoWaMMVZ4[/video]

I couldn't agree more. For me, I haven't even considered that they didn't know about the cameras because they dressed for the occasion. I DON'T understand how they knew that there wouldn't be an alarm. I thought every business (churches too!) had one.

I too thought the dragging his/her hand on the wall was interesting. Not a f-you to the police though but casual and even a little confident (?) perhaps.

The perp knew the church details re no alarm and security cameras. Also explains the police gear to protect identity, throw LE off and probably to protect himself during the struggle.

I read this and thought ' well why would they do that knowing the cameras are on ''. Then I thought if this perp disabled the cameras outside, they may have thought/ assumed they were disabling ALL the cameras. Pure speculation of course but maybe they thought all the cameras were dead at that time, so no point trying to hide from them in the building.

I may be alone in my thoughts on this but the perp seems to almost be putting on a show for the cameras IMO. However, I don't think it was their plan for us to question whether or not they were there to steal and vandalize. I think they may have thought they were making themselves look like a burglar but they didn't realize how poor their acting skills are. Maybe there's a reason behind the "staging". It's possible that they wanted everyone who saw the footage from the cameras to believe that MB was just in the wrong place at the wrong time instead of it being personal. I mean....if that was their plan, they accomplished it with some who have seen the footage and believe MB wasn't targeted. For me, the perp comes across like they are trying to show that they were in there for a particular reason that wasn't even connected to MB. They want us to believe that they just came in to vandalize and burglarize the church and MB caught them in the act and it led to an unfortunate accident that wouldn't have happened if she hadn't come in at that time. In other words, it's not anyone who knew her personally and it wasn't personal. I don't buy that it wasn't but I think it's possible that they were trying to make it look that way.

Still, if that's the case....they made a lousy effort and it showed. At least IMO. For me, this person doesn't come across as calculating but sloppy and arrogant. And of course, pure evil.

ugh. this case is giving me the heebee jeebees this morning! my head keeps saying ticktock....ticktock.... also on youtube something icky- there is a new channel with MB's name and pic that was started 3-4 days ago.

So the Saran wrap thingy is bothering me. I googled police tools and found something about the right size called "door storm". I use Tapatalk on my phone and cannot upload pix to threads no matter how hard I try. Also other tools can connect to it. Very handy. On website is also something called " secure me" which resembles almost a contractors "level" I know many were talking about seeing what looked like a level earlier on.

MOO, I really think this person is into security with either past LEO history, or an attempt at LE career. All jmo. This wasnt a robbery but def planned to look that way. I would look to other people financially invested in Missys industry who also have LE type background. Perhaps Missy was infringing on their "turf" or they invested money and lost "pyramid" style.

Also I am seeing Police Riot gear vs SWAT gear. Helmets are similar.

In this video it talks about using a door storm with a sledge hammer and how your use them to break open locked steel doors. I think your onto something here. I'm also seeing the riot gear vs swat.

[video=youtube;dVf2lmAA3ic]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVf2lmAA3ic[/video]

Off topic on Saran Wrap. I had no idea what you were all talking about so I had to google it - cling film!!.

"Plastic wrap” if you want the US generic non-brand name for it.

In this video it talks about using a door storm with a sledge hammer and how your use them to break open locked steel doors. I think your onto something here. I'm also seeing the riot gear vs swat.

[video=youtube;dVf2lmAA3ic]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVf2lmAA3ic[/video]
Yes! Gia, I thought I was the only one seeing this. This outfit looks too "Heavy" to be a costume. I have been on YouTube for a few days watching vids of SWAT vs Police Riot garb. My takeaway was that SWAT are constantly training in their gear and wear it differently than cops in riot gear who in comparison appear encumbered and almost penguin like in movementd. I'm going to go with the gear is real. Perhaps bought online (and it's not cheap).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members