TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple, what other reason would he have for spending half an hour breaking into multiple rooms inside the church? That’s what a burglar would do. The only explanation I have heard, is that he was trying to cover up the murder. But I don’t think that theory holds any water. Breaking down all those doors unnecessarily just to cover up a murder? Thats a crazy amount of unnecessary work. A hit man does not bring burglary tools with him to a murder.

If all he wanted to do is kill her, he had no reason to even go inside the church, let along break down every door and window inside the building. He could have just waited outside, and shot her in the head when she got out of her car, and then left. If he really wanted to cover it up, he could have taken her purse and made it look like a robbery. He would have never even been on video. But instead he goes inside and puts on a big show for the cameras for half and hour breaking doors and windows. I’m sorry, but that’s totally not believable. Thats not something any person would do, while they were getting ready to kill someone.

Read up on the Tersea Siever case......it shows the reasons of the benefits of staging crime scenes..... A "hit" doesn't have to be bang bang then the perp flees ..... TV and movies show "hits" Hollywood style, but in reality that's only show business

I don't know what it is, but if it is Saran Wrap, I wondered if he wrapped Missy's face with it so she couldn't breath.

PURE SPECULATION. I am not convinced it was Saran Wrap, but am pondering.

I really think it's from Dexter (the TV show that used to be on HBO). Maybe that's just me and my warped sense of thinking. There are a few documented cases of people using saran wrap ala their favorite fictional serial killer (Dexter). Some uses for Saran Wrap at a CS:

Prevent evidence from being left behind- IMO no time for this
Cover face of victim to prevent breathing
Cover blood spatter- we discussed this in the Sievers case b/c we believe a cloth was used to prevent blood from getting all over the killers even though they too wore coveralls from head to toe.
Prevent cuts from broken glass (?)

Any other uses besides covering your leftovers?

So...why was ATF interested in the case?

Is it possible that there is more video of the perp tossing things in closets and room that would suggest explosives? I'm thinking they didn't find anything dangerous or we would've probably heard about it, and it would mean that the perp poses a danger. We haven't any indication that LE considers the public at danger.

Or, is there a piece of the outfit that looks like it could be from an ATF officer? I don't think so - the outfit looks like a mish-mash of whatever works, but others think it looks more "official."

That's a curious point for me - the ATF.

JMO

Yes, now that you mention it could be someone in the vein of Larry Ashbrook:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Gene_Ashbrook
Where they were willing to do both physical violence and use pipe bombs. It did seem like this perp was carrying around that long object with them for a long time where first it is in their pants and then they take it out near the end of the video. I don't know if this was targeting Missy, but whatever was going on it just didn't seem like burglary.

I feel this way
I am not absolutely sure if the intention was robbery or vandalism or something else entirely
But I don't feel it was a planned attack on Missy

Without getting into Missy's personal life in particular, when and where would be a better time to kill a CG trainer than when they are alone setting up for their first class? Targeting a CG trainer during the early set-up would seem the best time to target them with the fewest chances that someone else would be around. What may have been a surprise was the very early camper arriving almost a half hour before the class started, but other than that, I don't know of better opportunities to kill a CG trainer other than before 5 AM when they're scheduled to be all alone.

The best time would have been just as she was getting out of her car, or maybe even before she got out of her car.

The best time would have been just as she was getting out of her car, or maybe even before she got out of her car.

Which means the perp has to be in place and ready, not wandering around the building. S/he had to have known the exact moment Missy arrived.

JMO

I would think it was someone who went and waited for MB someone who knew her and was from around the area with that being said I would think that they would quickly dispose of the suit or burn it so no evidence can be found if someone should become suspect of them. It's a slim chance probably but I hope LE goes through the local landfills surrounding counties landfills and start digging before even more time and garbage accumulates. I figure it can't hurt to look may not be a pleasant experience but worth a try at this point.

I've thought it interesting that it doesn't appear that any of that "outfit" has been found. Going out on a limb here... Possible that a first responder was involved and gathered it before others arrived?

IMO without some really great insider tips, LE may not have ANY DNA evidence. This perp has been really smart and thought this thing out. I am going back to my first instinct that this is someone she knew well that had a personal reason for, and excuse me for putting it this way, "getting rid of her." Who knows how long this had been thought out. I hope and pray that she had a close girlfriend who will tell LE of anything, or anyone, that should be looked at. I agree that someone knows something that will help bring this monster down! JMO

Simple, what other reason would he have for spending half an hour breaking into multiple rooms inside the church? That’s what a burglar would do.

I don't know that there's public evidence that happened. AFAIK what's been reported is that the suspect went into multiple rooms (silent on the manner in which they were entered) and on the video we see the perp enter into multiple rooms without breaking into them and the only room they are shown attempting to break into, they do not get inside that room and leave it after less than a minute. Subsequent reporting on the incident has described what happened as 'vandalism' rather than burglary inside and that nothing was taken.

I really think it's from Dexter (the TV show that used to be on HBO). Maybe that's just me and my warped sense of thinking. There are a few documented cases of people using saran wrap ala their favorite fictional serial killer (Dexter). Some uses for Saran Wrap at a CS:

Prevent evidence from being left behind- IMO no time for this
Cover face of victim to prevent breathing
Cover blood spatter- we discussed this in the Sievers case b/c we believe a cloth was used to prevent blood from getting all over the killers even though they too wore coveralls from head to toe.
Prevent cuts from broken glass (?)

Any other uses besides covering your leftovers?

For me, thinking it could be saran wrap made me go to a dark place in my thinking. So, I guess my thinking is a little warped as well. I mean....how can it not be with all of the things I've seen and heard on WS? I can't think of any other reason for saran wrap which is why I am not really convinced it was saran wrap.

I think ocgrad (Welcome ocgrad!! :) ) brings up a good point about it being a possible explosive. But honestly y'all, I'm just grasping at straws here. I didn't even realize ATF was involved until I read it here.

Read up on the Tersea Siever case......it shows the reasons of the benefits of staging crime scenes..... A "hit" doesn't have to be bang bang then the perp flees ..... TV and movies show "hits" Hollywood style, but in reality that's only show business

Please explain to me how that is relevant to this case.

Most of my friends/family/locals that I've spoken with believe MB was targeted. I did too...but now I feel 50/50 ish about it maybe being a burglary gone bad. The suspect kind of looks like an over grown 17-18yr old, a little countryish, slightly overweight/hunch backish. Could have been a dumb teen/boy that was dressed up and just wanted to vandalize the church building and was caught off guard by MB.

Then I thought, why this church. Because, it's the only one in town that's pretty much secluded. All of the other churches are surrounded by homes/neighborhoods and one is near the police station. This one is perfect for some dumb grown man child to just try to burglarize/vandalize. So that means the perp could be a local.....even though in the beginning I felt like it was a targeted hit. Now I'm just not too sure....

For me, thinking it could be saran wrap made me go to a dark place in my thinking. So, I guess my thinking is a little warped as well. I mean....how can it not be with all of the things I've seen and heard on WS? I can't think of any other reason for saran wrap which is why I am not really convinced it was saran wrap.

I think ocgrad (Welcome ocgrad!! :) ) brings up a good point about it being a possible explosive. But honestly y'all, I'm just grasping at straws here. I didn't even realize ATF was involved until I read it here.

I think ATF was initially involved, but discovered it was a crime for the local LE. Just the impression I'm getting.

But I'm still curious why ATF was interested at all.

JMO

I think ATF was initially involved, but discovered it was a crime for the local LE. Just the impression I'm getting.

But I'm still curious why ATF was interested at all.

JMO

I see no reason for them to be involved, however, so many details have been kept quiet.
The MSN article said they brought dogs to sniff for gun powder residue and explosives, IIRC

Yes. :)

Except I don't see a plastic bag; I see a box that could be plastic wrap. (Not saying I'm convinced it is wrap. It's likely some sort of tool/equipment.)

The item isn't long enough to be a box of plastic wrap. Plus it's white or light colored. It appears to be something they picked up in the room the walked through, because they didn't have it, went in that room, came out and had something in their hand. It wasn't very heavy because they're holding it easily with one hand while swinging the hammer to break the glass.

I screenshotted it and my best guess is a vent cover. ((Shrug))

Anyone else see a man standing by the desk in this video? (I screenshot the video)

image.jpg

And cropped it.

image.jpeg

Law enforcement had been poring over a significant amount of surveillance footage from businesses down the road in hopes that images could augment what they already have. Detectives declined to say whether the video had already been helpful. They also refused to comment on whether they have identified a suspect or person of interest.

Investigators say they are now considering several different theories.

http://www.kiiitv.com/story/31790131/kiiitvcom

I managed to miss this

I don't know if you're saying you are agreeing with me or disagreeing with me that targeting an CG trainer at their training location before their first early morning class would be the best or if you're saying targeting a CG trainer at any time of day at any location is best so long as they're in or getting out of their car.

Except if it were pouring rain and he wanted to still be there early enough to beat her there, then he might have opted to wait inside, and wander around vandalizing until the allotted time. Get pretty wet lying in wait outside in the rain, except under the carport, but no visual cover from her there - she'd see him driving up and not get out of her car.

Which means the perp has to be in place and ready, not wandering around the building. S/he had to have known the exact moment Missy arrived.

JMO

Yes, if he was trying to kill her he would have been in place, not wonder around the building showing off for the cameras breaking multiple doors and windows.

But that is not what he was trying to do. He was breaking into rooms and looking for valuables because he was there to burglarize the church.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie