TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thought entered my mind that maybe missy had kept one of her children from associating with another kid and that kid, or their parent, took the rejection way too personal. Far fetched? Yes, but nothing about this makes any sense yet. JMO

I am strongly considering this.

I'm glad everyone is mentioning the "saran wrap" because it's been really bugging me. I have replayed this video over and over again and I still can't figure out what it is. Yes....it seems to be the same shape as a box of saran wrap but does that make sense?! What room were they coming out of anyway? Does anyone know?

Has anyone here on the thread ever been inside of the church? I really want to know where that surveillance footage was filmed....in the back or the front of the church?! I really wish we had a floor plan of some sort to look at. I still strongly believe that he/she was looking for the room MB would be doing the class in. The way he/she opens the doors and just looks inside just doesn't make sense to me.

One more thing I was wondering....did anyone else notice a light on the perp's "helmet"? I thought it was a flashlight but towards the end of the surveillance video (around the 1:45 mark), it sure looks like they have a headlamp on. This is the one thing that the hubs and I agree on in this whole case.

The thought entered my mind that maybe missy had kept one of her children from associating with another kid and that kid, or their parent, took the rejection way too personal. Far fetched? Yes, but nothing about this makes any sense yet. JMO

Something else that had happened in Texas where a hired hit was sought because the perp's daughter lost out on a cheerleading spot to someone else:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wanda_Holloway
People can want to kill people for the craziest of reasons.

One thing I notice when they are trying to pry the door open, the pry bar appears to be larger on one end than the other. For a moment it seems to rest in the door without being held. A search for "pry bar" on google comes up with a picture of a pry bar meant for carpeting. It is larger on one side than the other. Maybe a tool they had easy access to?

I hate to over analyze the video. I wish there was some movement on this mystery.

I thought about that Saran Wrap thing. It could be nothing more then the perp being out of Saran Wrap at home and taking it, but you don't rob a place for saran wrap. JMO

Off topic on Saran Wrap. I had no idea what you were all talking about so I had to google it - cling film!!

(did you know there are little tabs to push through in the ends of the box, stops the roll falling out, I only found out last week!)

It does look the right shape, but why on earth did he/she have it, hardly a weapon of choice. I will LOL if turns out she just ran out at home and thought it was a good time to pick some up...

No most of them get more then $2,000 in cash. From what I can tell from the Google search results, I would guess the average is about $5,000.

Here is one where they got $40,000 including $5,000 to $7,000 in cash.

5TH AVE. CHURCH LOSES $40,000 TO SAFECRACKERS

I think we're going off on too far of a tangent with the safe idea. That was no safecracker in the video.

I'd also like to point out that the both the 5th Avenue Church and St. Pat's mentioned in the article are huge churches, have well-healed congregations, plus many visitors and tourists on any given Sunday who are likely to give cash. And the article is from 1985, when online deposits were not possible.

JMO, of course. Others have their own opinions.

I see IMO a late teen girl playing dress up to try and fool everyone. Someone putting on quite the "burglary" show but all the while just waiting to take their anger out on MB when she arrives. Padded and protected and ready for battle with tools. Revenge.

This is what I just posted a few posts back. I think it could be either the angry kid or their parent (mom) and the head to toe gear and padding is for coverage b/c they knew she would put up one he** of a fight. JMO

ETA: It could have been BOTH the kid and their mom hence 2 perps fitting the TL. IMHO

image.jpg
This is a spirit level, that's what I think it was rather than a box of Saran Wrap.

View attachment 92566
This is a spirit level, that's what I think it was rather than a box of Saran Wrap.

Seems like something a teen might take from a parent's tool box to use as a weapon? Or a female's choice of weapon has it isn't too weapon-y, iykwim? Wild speculation.

Yet, the ATF was in the building investigating after the crime. What prompted that?

JMO

View attachment 92566

Making sure the pictures are straight?

Just kidding, those things can be fairly heavy duty, defo could have been something he/she picked up as a weapon. I wonder why the police are keeping so flippin' quiet about everything? Hoping it means they are on to it and just biding their time.

Far fetched....ehh maybe. But the thought ran threw my mind as well. I thought maybe a young guy was bothering one of her daughters or something and she stepped in and upset him. But I'm not sold on the idea that a young adult did this. This person new what they were doing a little too well.

Just Google “church burglary $2,000 cash stolen”. You will get lots of examples.

And of those examples, did you find any where the perp wandered around the building, was known to wear heavy gear for a robbery?

I honestly don't think this perp was after cash in the office. MAYBE s/he tried the office and couldn't get in so wandered around instead - and that's what we see on camera - but I really don't think so.

jmo

While I don't think Missy happened upon a burglary in progress, I am still not ruling out the possibility that she interrupted some other sort of activity. Vandalism? Anger crime against a church? Strange role-playing? Perhaps these types of activities are what is making it so hard to pinpoint the perp - it could be anyone, not necessarily someone in Missy's circle.

My main hunch is that this was personal rage against Missy specifically....but with that hunch, I'd expect an arrest by now. So, that makes me hang on to the option that Missy interrupted something, but not a burglary.

What I'm saying is that options are still on the table for me. Gender, age, motive....I don't know what they are.

JMO
This is also where I'm stuck between a targeted murder on Missy or Missy stumbled across some lunatic looking for something we just aren't aware of yet.
Reading all the posts here, you can clearly see that some are stuck on this being a burglary, while others are stuck on it being a targeted murder, or 'hit', if you will.

Usually when that happens, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

I just can't put together WHY a perp would smash windows, break things and vandalize property while waiting for their target of murder to walk in. If they are staging a burglary, it is usually (not always) done after the murder. Also, isn't the perp taking a chance that when Missy came in the church and saw all the glass and vandalism she would probably call 911?

These points are what keeps me going back to Missy stumbling across this wackjob doing something we don't know about yet and was murdered just for being there. :(

Churches of Christ do not normally have a lot of money on hand. They do not normally have objects such as chalices. This would not be a good place to rob unless you were a rather stupid robber. The only thing worth taking would be computers and such, IMO. The real money can be found in robbing funeral homes, and they have serious safes.
jmo

Where did you get the idea that funeral homes have a lot of cash? I would say about o.01% of people pay for funerals in cash.

The way that "saran wrap box" was being held, I thought it might be a box with a handle on it, and it seemed pretty light weight. I though a brick, but that would have been held more firmly, I think. I cannot imagine what it might have been, but I keep coming back to what could it be. A box of donuts? Cops love donuts, right?

Can some one watch the video that showed the perp open the double doors.........I was trying to zoom in what they threw in there....it was not a hammer

The way that "saran wrap box" was being held, I thought it might be a box with a handle on it, and it seemed pretty light weight. I though a brick, but that would have been held more firmly, I think. I cannot imagine what it might have been, but I keep coming back to what could it be. A box of donuts? Cops love donuts, right?

Little kettle bell they use in fitness classes maybe

Off topic on Saran Wrap. I had no idea what you were all talking about so I had to google it - cling film!!

(did you know there are little tabs to push through in the ends of the box, stops the roll falling out, I only found out last week!)

It does look the right shape, but why on earth did he/she have it, hardly a weapon of choice. I will LOL if turns out she just ran out at home and thought it was a good time to pick some up...

BBM.

That is useful! It's so annoying to drop the roll.

I never know what I'll learn when following a case, but I alway learn something. :)

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member