TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We open our church for CG workout. But I think Missy would have had to have her own key/pass code because nothing has been mentioned about anyone going there ahead of her to open up. And it was stated in the first report that she planned to hold the workout inside the church due to the rain.

BBM

Do you have a link for that bolder part? Do you know if it was put on a FB post that it would move inside if raining?

(**Mods, is it just me, or is there something wrong with the quote function? When I click Reply With Quote, it replies with the quote and one or two earlier ones I've replied with earlier. Making for a lot of clean up...)

The somewhat casual way the perp was braking the glass, perhaps s/he was only getting a feel for how much force would be needed to smash a person's head? There doesn't seem to be a purpose for breaking most of the windows.

In the video where the perp is carrying the box or whatever it is, I think I noticed the foot leave the bottom of the screen as if entering another room to glance around. I wonder which room or area was used by the Campers for their event.

The somewhat casual way the perp was braking the glass, perhaps s/he was only getting a feel for how much force would be needed to smash a person's head? There doesn't seem to be a purpose for breaking most of the windows.

In the video where the perp is carrying the box or whatever it is, I think I noticed the foot leave the bottom of the screen as if entering another room to glance around. I wonder which room or area was used by the Campers for their event.

she is clumsily trying to stage a break-in. never did it before and isn't sure how. hesitation and trial and error is evident.

Re the scanner listening question:

I am. Couple plate checks and other unrelated items. Nothing going on scanner-wise.

The flashlight hold, for one.

I hold the mag lite that we have like that. Use it when I take the dogs out at night because I live where there are no streetlights, just livestock. I do have several law enforcement relatives but I am not a "tough" girl.

I didn't notice the perp had a flashlight in any of the footage. It does appear they have a headlamp in some of the footage. Can you point out where they are holding a flashlight?

At about 1:46 on this video:

[video=youtube;ePS8TJ6UAqY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=ePS8TJ6UAqY&app=desktop[/video]

And that's not a headlamp. It's the reflection of the hallway lights (and the flashlight when it is on) on the shiny helmet (and can be seen on shots of the perp from the back).

There doesn't seem to be excessive energy
If a person was there to commit murder, wouldn't s/he be pumped, nervous, full of adrenaline?

OT

Love your avatar!!!

the crime scene staging of a "break-in" was prep and all part of the plan. it was the calm before the storm. lying in wait for the victim. the perp's jealous murderous rage erupted from 0-100 the moment she saw the beautiful victim and it took over. i think perp stalked the victim on FB and formulated this plan to get there early, stage a scene, commit the deed, and GTFO.

[video=youtube;ePS8TJ6UAqY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=ePS8TJ6UAqY&app=desktop[/video]

And that's not a headlamp. It's the reflection of the hallway lights (and the flashlight when it is on) on the shiny helmet (and can be seen on shots of the perp from the back).

Respectfully, I disagree. I have paused this video over and over so many times and I am positive that I see a headlamp too (very clearly at 1:47). MOO.

I hold the mag lite that we have like that. Use it when I take the dogs out at night because I live where there are no streetlights, just livestock. I do have several law enforcement relatives but I am not a "tough" girl.

You hold it overhand when peering at something? I suspect that that is not common for a 'layperson'. I could be off base, though.

Respectfully, I disagree. I have paused this video over and over so many times and I am positive that I see a headlamp too (very clearly at 1:47). MOO.

I think that is the reflection of the flashlight beam.

p.s. He/she has a crowbar (or whatever?) in one had and a flashlight in the other. How would he be able to switch on/off a headlamp?

See, I think it is both a headlamp and a hand-held flashlight in the left hand.

You hold it overhand when peering at something? I suspect that that is not common for a 'layperson'. I could be off base, though.

Yes, I hold it in my dominate hand up at mid head level. Now, mind you I don't walk up to cars doing this LOL. I do this outside of my house because even with exterior lights it is quite dark outside of my house and when taking out the dogs I use a Maglite.
I don't carry it for protection....it just is a quality light.

ETA: You may be right that it is not normal. I grew up on a farm where we went out early to feed horses and cattle, I have several relatives who are in law enforcement and my first husband was a first responder for the federal government. Maybe that is why...It seems natural to me but I can see where it might not be to others.

I also knew about Cowboy Churches even though I am on the East Coast....I was a barrell rider so maybe that all makes me "different"

Can you explain what you are seeing around 1:46-1:47? How is the perp holding the flashlight you see?

Subject is coming down the hall, starts turning toward the opening on his/her right, and lifts both hands up. In the left hand he/she has a small flashlight and in the right hand he/she has the hammer.

Well, it's hard to tell from the grainy footage, but I don't see how the perp could be holding a flashlight, a hammer, and a box of saran wrap all at the same time. I feel like I can see the outline of a headlamp in the first shot 1:46. I thought it was a reflection at first, but in the next sequence you can see the circle of light cast by the headlamp very clearly. And in that shot, the perp is holding the mysterious box (referred to as saran wrap by many posters here), and their trusty little hammer, so no hands left for a mag light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scyna0895