TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad everyone is mentioning the "saran wrap" because it's been really bugging me. I have replayed this video over and over again and I still can't figure out what it is. Yes....it seems to be the same shape as a box of saran wrap but does that make sense?! What room were they coming out of anyway? Does anyone know?

Has anyone here on the thread ever been inside of the church? I really want to know where that surveillance footage was filmed....in the back or the front of the church?! I really wish we had a floor plan of some sort to look at. I still strongly believe that he/she was looking for the room MB would be doing the class in. The way he/she opens the doors and just looks inside just doesn't make sense to me.

One more thing I was wondering....did anyone else notice a light on the perp's "helmet"? I thought it was a flashlight but towards the end of the surveillance video (around the 1:45 mark), it sure looks like they have a headlamp on. This is the one thing that the hubs and I agree on in this whole case.

I keep thinking of Saran Wrap pranks from teen years... Could perp have used Saran Wrap in some open door ways to slow any attempts of victim to flee?

Originally Posted by MinnesotaMary
<modsnip>

WSl- Do any of you realize that this thread is expanding at the speed of light? I'd appreciate it if anyone would post tips on how best to keep up: What I'm doing now is I read the most recent page and POOF when I'm done there's at least 1 or 2 new pages !! I am clueless how to keep up. I use a computer not a fone - computer with keyboard & my hunch is that makes some diff' - tyia !!

I'm finding I'm only able to keep track with a 3x5 card for each thread. If/when I post I'm switched to the last page, which I might browse for a bit but then I need to go back to where I was (unless, of course I go off on a rabbit trail, which I often do). Started doing this system in Thread 2 and it helped (check mark means I read all of that page; stars meant something that stood out to me on that page (I think, lol...I keep refining my code):

image.jpg

For what it's worth, this is what I'm imagining (folded copy paper, possibly with photo of floor plan). Traced MzOpinionated's shot off the screen and elaborated with imagined details:

View attachment 92595

But I think ocgrad's idea (IEP) is intriguing and also is one I might consider, especially in light of the ATF involvement.

Sorry, for whatever reason I've never seen the box of Saran Wrap. :eek:

This shows someone using saran wrap, which it comes in different sizes:
https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12621753_f520.jpg

Ok I ventured over to twitter land, something I haven't done since a very bizarre case on here...I find it very odd someone has an account with Missys picture as the profile pick and a username that has her name as well and is posting news articles and was created in the past 4 days. Why do people do stuff like that? It's really disturbing.

it's happening on youtube as well....ugh

You asked a question, and I answered it. If you are going to kill someone, and you know they are going to drive into an empty parking lot at a certain time in the middle of the night, and nobody else is going to be there, I can’t think of a better place you could do it. Anytime of day, when they would be there alone would be fine, but darkness would be a big plus. But it would be better to do it in the parking lot, rather then unnecessarily breaking into a building to do it. Doing that would complicate things and increase your chances of getting caught.

I agree, less chance of leaving any DNA that way. jmo

sbm

Yes!! I agree it appears like a perimeter check, even beginning back at the first time we see the perp in the first video, when he/she is "touching" the walls---he/she is slightly crouching, walking near the right side of the hallway so they can peer around the corner to the left.

All of this behavior goes in my "Law Enforcement Experience" column.

See, it's observations like this that makes me think the perp isn't some 17 year old boy or girl and points to someone with training beyond a teen or very young adult.

This is not my own supposition but I read it somewhere but boy does it make sense. Had Missy been violated, the perp would have left behind telltale evidence which is why LE can't say if it's a man or woman.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Women and men can be violated without the perp leaving any bodily fluid type DNA just saying.

Had to get away for a while to clear my head: New Idea.....we have a huge problem in this country with illegal drugs. Sometimes, people who workout a lot, in order to build muscles, use a substance to speed up the process. I frequent a gym, and it is clear to see, a few people are doing something else, in addition to lifting weights daily. Could Missy have held knowledge about a friend or coworker, that they were involved in something illegal??? The reason the drug aspect came to mind was a) many crimes revolve around drug use and the sales of drugs and b) the recent execution of the family in OH, who were growing marijuana.

Being the decent and honorable person that Missy was, she may have come across some knowledge that led to her death.

Thoughts, ideas?????

I'm not sure if that's a possibility here, but it definitely should be investigated. Drugs are a huge, huge problem...way bigger than most people even realize. So while it's not my first thought, I don't think it's completely impossible either.

I wish we knew more about Missy. Considering she was in a recruitment type of business, and it appears she was involved with some companies that were MLM, was she the type to send texts, follow up with calls to someone who had shown interest? I have a friend who actually very much reminds me of the Missy we see on fb, and she is constantly sending text and calling about stuff/services she is selling. Sometimes it can be a bit much. To an unbalanced female, if her partner was receiving constant messages or calls, that may be perceived as a threat. For some women, it doesn't take much to bring out a green eyed monster. And I think jealousy rage can make people do unthinkable things.

Originally Posted by Bill Carson
sbm
Yes!! I agree it appears like a perimeter check, even beginning back at the first time we see the perp in the first video, when he/she is "touching" the walls---he/she is slightly crouching, walking near the right side of the hallway so they can peer around the corner to the left.

All of this behavior goes in my "Law Enforcement Experience" column.

Absolutely! Thereby building the case that LE should be able to ID pretty easily.

Though if it were someone in training to be LE or who had an association with someone training for that, the list could go on and on.

I think there is a good possibility of an LE connection (though not necessarily with a current member of LE), and am thinking at least part of that get up was standard-issue. *One LE quoted said it looked to her like it was crisp and new (letters not dirty). For that reason I'm hoping they are checking with recent recruits to the Tarleton police academy (satellites in Waxahachie and Midlothian), to see if anyone is missing some uniform components.

Why would this person be checking Camp Gladiator or Terri's FB unless they were targeting Missy? That was my point. A burglar wouldn't even know she was coming.

Right...I was thinking about it from the point of view of Missy being targeted. Sorry if I misunderstood!

I'm not sure what it means, but one thing I noticed about the footage is that the perp seems really weak. Look at the wimpy way s/he taps at their tools to try to break into the one locked door. Look at the sissy way s/he uses their hammer to break a window or drywall (out of frame) in the last shot. There's no momentum in either action - it's almost as if their heart isn't in it, or they don't want to do a lot of expensive damage to the church. It's so pronounced that I wonder if the perp has some kind of chronic muscle weakness or mental issue that leads to poor muscle tone and/or lack of coordination.

Someone here or on Facebook mentioned a tinfoil-covered brick, maybe that is it?

Sorry, I can not remember if it was a local/ insider or a general poster here or on FB who said it... and I have no clue what the perp did with it.

Just wanted to mention what I heard the object might be.

That was just someone's speculation.

Women and men can be violated without the perp leaving any bodily fluid type DNA just saying.
True. What I should have said is, rape was not likely as there were likely no secretions of a penile type ejection left which would determine the sex of the perp.

And of course, she was violated, she was murdered.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what it means, but one thing I noticed about the footage is that the perp seems really weak. Look at the wimpy way s/he taps at their tools to try to break into the one locked door. Look at the sissy way s/he uses their hammer to break a window or drywall (out of frame) in the last shot. There's no momentum in either action - it's almost as if their heart isn't in it, or they don't want to do a lot of expensive damage to the church. It's so pronounced that I wonder if the perp has some kind of chronic muscle weakness or mental issue that leads to poor muscle tone and/or lack of coordination.

I totally agree with this. Everything about this person seems "floppy" or like half deflated. In most robberies the people move with purpose, they tend to be quick and focused. The way this person moves about reminds me of Prissy in gone with the wind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member