TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The link to her FB page just goes to her remembering missy page, it no longer links to that post anymore.

Sent from my iPhone

I also noticed that the post she made Sunday night where she announced location and time has since been deleted. Hmmm....

I have two thoughts. A ) I think when a presser is given in these types of case, the PD designates the most ' poker faced' member of the department for this very reason. That's just a guess but I'm sure some are better than others at keeping it together and not getting flustered by the questions, etc. B ) I almost never watch videos in cases because I have drawn at least 100 wrong conclusions by hearing how the family, LEO's or witnesses talk and watching their mannerisms. Unless you know that chief or spouse or neighbor in real life, how can you ( we all, public) know if they are looking normal or guilty, etc? I have anxiety, some ocd and maybe a couple of other of the ' d's and I can tell you if I was being interviewed on the news about the price of gasoline, WSer's would have me reported for a crime because I am awkward, darty eyed, fidgeting, paranoid, nervous etc. Use caution when drawing conclusions from the body language of strangers. Remember a straight up sociopath can lie to your face and you'll believe them all day long. My :twocents:
Completely agree with this post. I never put much stock in videos of family members. They are mostly torn apart by grief, and often medicated. jmo And in this presser it looked to be S.O.P. from LE. jmo,though.

Are you talking about definitions or are you saying it makes no difference where someone says they were?

I'm just saying. It was mentioned that the early arriver waited outside of the church and did not go inside.

So whether they waited outside in their car or waited outside in the lot; They still would be waiting outside. So I doubt the police would suggest they lied if it was found out that they waited outside in their car while doing whatever.

And I'm sure the police clarified things after the initial news report. Or the news report just took the first thing they heard (waited outside) and didnt wait for clarification of where outside. Jmo.

Sometimes rushed news reports leave witnesses having to clarify things to the media. And then a rewrite makes it seem like a witness back pedaled while it was actually the rushed news reports.

Slain Fitness Instructor's Sister-in-Law Speaks to Dateline

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Sl...ster-in-Law-Speaks-to-Dateline-376629821.html

The family was originally told Missy Bevers was killed in a car crash, Stout said, but officials later told them she’d been attacked and died at the church.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...t-them-to-die-believes-she-was-targeted.html/

Johnson wouldn’t say whether any of multiple tools found near the crime scene may have been used as the murder weapon.

bbm

o/t I was friends with a lady from Kiev, she was married to an amercan and lived in Md. When her husband was diagnosed with cancer her Dad(Kiev) was sick as well and died just before her husband did. She never told her Mother her husband died. 2 years later she was diagnosed with cancer and when she was given 2 weeks to live she had her sister and niece come over, her mother was told she was in a car accident. She died 2 weeks to the day and was cremated. Her sister took her ashes back to Kiev and then told the Mother that Olga had passed.

Good morning everyone. I'm a resident of Midlothian - and my family has been here since the early 70's. I've posted in the first few threads, but have been busy. We haven't stopped any of our town/school activities and no extra public warnings - so that makes me and other family/residents feel like it was a targeted murder. Nothing ever happens here & I know that anything can happen anywhere but the few times that crimes have been committed here in Midlothian the suspect has known the victim or its been dumb teens doing the break-ins/robberies. The camper that found Missy was female. It was raining Monday, and in the area where the church is located, it's secluded and at that time dark. If I were driving past the church at that time I wouldn't have noticed anything or bothered to look in that direction especially if it was raining. It is a small town but has grown drastically to where you don't know everyone anymore. I moved away for college years ago and just moved back recently and don't recognize hardly anyone anymore - a lot of city or out of state transplants. But it's still a nice town with great school district. Some of my family attends the same church Missy went to and my mothers co worker is one of the campers that found Missy's body.

Good Morning! Since you are local and as this case evolves you may end up knowing or wanting to share more. You may want to become a Verified Insider (VI) Here is link with info
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...s-amp-Verified-Insiders&p=8580064#post8580064

It is good to have VI on cases, although I personally wouldn't ever want to be one lol. Bombarded with all kinds of questions but some are ok with that and don't mind. Sending prayers to you and your community.

That made me shiver.

What ? Maybe the perp hid in the church for a long time or maybe the perp blended in with the first folks on the scene like a bystander or witness? Oh boy !

Are you talking about definitions or are you saying it makes no difference where someone says they were?

I don't think anyone here is saying that it makes no difference where someone says they were.

It's about definitions, and what people meant.

Early-arriving camper tells LE he/she arrived about 4:35. LE knows that 911 call came in at 5, so they ask early-arriving camper, "Where were you between 4:35 and 5? Were you inside the church?" Early-arriving camper says, "No, I was outside, waiting in my car."

If the distinction is between "inside the church" vs. "outside the church," the camper was "outside the church."

If the distinction is between "outside in the elements such that you could look directly upward and see the stars" vs "inside somewhere -- anywhere -- that there was a roof of some sort over your head," the camper would have been "inside my car."

In this case, it seems pretty clear that the distinction is between "inside the church" vs. "outside the church." So, in this case, "outside" covers someone in their car, someone standing outside in the rain, or someone standing under the porch roof but still on the outside of the church walls.

Is there kitchen video?

Good question. Now I'm unsure a kitchen video exists as the early articles I can find don't specifically state that. Nor can I find the source which stated the perp opened kitchen cabinets and drawers, although this is what I recall reading and maybe, based on that, assumed there was kitchen video. Perhaps the knowledge the perp was in the kitchen came from the perp leaving cabinets and drawers open, because now we know he does that with doors.

The first presser talks about cameras in the hallways and that some rooms did not have video footage. He talks about how there is hallway footage of Missy going down the hall to the place she was assaulted, but the assault was not on camera. Now that I think about it, why would there be a camera in a church kitchen?

Re-watching the first presser is interesting, as the reporters ask pretty insightful questions. One reporter inquires about how would the public know if a cop they encountered is a real cop. Which makes me think about another motive - that maybe this is a nutter who's goal was to sully LE. But nah, that would be too bizarre....

[video=youtu;XNLtwTK2hq8]http://youtu.be/XNLtwTK2hq8[/video]

Bein a nurse, i hope the authorities have looked into who all has had right leg surgeries/injuries in the last few years in the area. It will be time consuming. I am aware of HIPPA laws but I am also aware of what goes on when bosses say "I don't wanna know what you are doing". The answer(s) may very well lie in area medical records i.e. Physical therapy records etc. Pharmacy records etc. Once they narrow down the perp list, could be helpful.
I was thinking the same thing. I've had knee surgery and tend to walk with foot slightly out to the side. I can easily see where the gait would be even more prominent if you were carrying more weight or wearing more weight.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Maybe it was an ex cop (who maybe was fired) who frequented these fitness camps and was interested in Missy. The short timeframe in this crime by blending it in with the fitness camp shows a good possibility that she was targeted and the killer had a good escape route because he was a camper in the fitness group .

Catching up on reading and have a few thoughts...

I know some thought it curious BB and MB had been sending a text every day for the last 10 months. I don't find that strange at all. I've been married over 20 years. We hit a rough patch awhile back and thankfully made it through. But, it did remind us to focus on "us" again. Ever since, my husband sends me a good morning text every weekday. Something similar could have happened with them.

Someone else mentioned they don't read much into body language of interviews. I have to say, I agree. (To a point of course). I told my husband it has to be so tricky to be in that situation. You are grieving. At a loss. Numb. If you don't give and interview, you're hiding something. If you do, did you cry enough, not enough, did you say something wrong? It just has to be such a horrible place to be in.

JMO

Good Morning! Since you are local and as this case evolves you may end up knowing or wanting to share more. You may want to become a Verified Insider (VI) Here is link with info
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...s-amp-Verified-Insiders&p=8580064#post8580064

It is good to have VI on cases, although I personally wouldn't ever want to be one lol. Bombarded with all kinds of questions but some are ok with that and don't mind. Sending prayers to you and your community.

Thank you but I'll pass on the VI, as I only post here & there when I get the chance and I wouldn't want to say/post something I shouldn't. I passed the church this morning and it was packed AND there was a Midlothian police/patrol car there as well.....

I'm a newbie so I'm just now really learning the ropes/rules and I'll try to my best to keep all of you informed with what I'm allowed to post/say. Thanks!

Catching up on reading and have a few thoughts...

I know some thought it curious BB and MB had been sending a text every day for the last 10 months. I don't find that strange at all. I've been married over 20 years. We hit a rough patch awhile back and thankfully made it through. But, it did remind us to focus on "us" again. Ever since, my husband sends me a good morning text every weekday. Something similar could have happened with them.

Someone else mentioned they don't read much into body language of interviews. I have to say, I agree. (To a point of course). I told my husband it has to be so tricky to be in that situation. You are grieving. At a loss. Numb. If you don't give and interview, you're hiding something. If you do, did you cry enough, not enough, did you say something wrong? It just has to be such a horrible place to be in.

JMO

Right and do you want to be a blubbering mess on TV ? You would probably try very hard to be as calm and collected as possible and then find out people say you are uncaring or faking it. I , personally, would NOT give an interview under these condtions. Because even though I love m y fellow ws'ers, we can be a pack of wolves. Let's face it !

Posture, stance, and walk. I used to work security at Target, and many of the hidden cameras were awful. Hardly any detail at all. However, I could spot blurry pictures of people's back by their walk easily enough. Change that, and you're a new person. No props required.
Altered stance and walk are difficult to maintain without some kind of aid, which is one reason why they're so useful in recognizing people. A few pebbles (or similar irritants) strategically placed in your shoes can help. Put them toward the front, and they'll encourage a more heavy-footed, stomping kind of walk. Under the heels, they'll encourage you to walk more on the balls of your feet. It'll be uncomfortable, but it will help you avoid slipping into your normal patterns.

This is such an interesting post! Is this common knowledge in LE, including the security field? And do criminals frequently do this?

I read that there was "a lot of broken glass near the body." but no camera access of the actual murder.. Also that Missy was seen walking down the hallway when she went into the church. Trying to understand where he might have jumped her. I am encouraged to read that LE is "analyzing the burglary tools left at the crime scene." Might well be a resolution very soon. jmo

I keep circling back to why the ATF was there. Earlier in the week LE stated they brought in dogs to search for gun residue clues.

The warrant stated she died from head trauma. We know there were tools used as weapons...but pay attention to the wording. Police said she died of "trauma to the head..." but NOT "blunt force trauma." Who's to say she didn't die of gunshot trauma to the head?

Here in town that morning, we heard immediately that she was shot and bludgeoned. Obviously she could have had such severe trauma that those who found her might have speculated that it was a gunshot. But again, ATF was searching for gun powder residue. I've just been surprised that no one dissected this closer, but I may have missed somewhere this was discussed or ruled out.

<modsnip>

Also...and this is touchy, but I've not seen it come up, yet, and I think it's an important consideration...have LE considered that the killer could've been a camper in that class, who maybe arrived early, killed Missy, stashed the swat stuff in a duffle, arrived on scene (again), and then left with the other classmates? It's the only way I can fathom that bloody swat uniform leaving the premises undetected.
Wow, I was just going to post the very same thing. Wondering how closely the campers are being checked out and if their gym bags were searched.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member