TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IF the family has any idea of who Killer is, then to me that means....MB recognized KIller, and his/her car in the church parking lot. So, she may not have been alarmed to see it when she arrived. She got out of the car and went inside.

I totally agree with this. JMO but I think the gear was only to cover their identity from the camera, not Missy. I think if you took the cameras out of the case as if they never existed the perp would have not been wearing the gear and there wouldn't be what I believe to be a break in cover up. I am now also wondering if the breaking of glass, staging was done before or after Missy's murder, especially since the last video had the time stamp removed. Hmmm..

What if the perp was wearing all that padding and gear to protect herself? Did NOT have a gun(either too young or ineligible). Knew she was gonna hafta fight MB with weapon and was ready to do battle. This would point to not as physically fit as MB. Had an "issue" of some sort with her(prior classmate etc). In a rage, beat MB severely. So, tried to find vid feed to erase all evidence and wear gear in case couldn't find plus as protection. A two fold reason for gear if you will.

Or simply, a cover of their identity from the cameras and also a way to insure if there was a struggle that included possible scratching of skin, no marks on perp or DNA under her nails. Ugh this case disgusts me. Can't wait till there is an arrest, I want to feel safe again.

From my earlier searches, I think it was completed in 2008:
http://www.industrycortex.com/datasheets/profile/1254424292/creekside_church_completion.pdf

Rowland Companies Completes Construction of New Worship Facility in Midlothian, Texas Midlothian, Texas (February 6, 2008) Rowland Companies recently completed construction of a new 19 acre campus for the Creekside Church of Christ in Midlothian. The Church relocated from its predecessor campus in DeSoto. The church's new construction includes a 30,000 square foot facility with a 600 seat worship center, full stage, water feature baptismal, administrative offices, classrooms, indoor playground, basketball / volleyball court, and a commercial grade kitchen.

Correct!

Well now wait a minute Msskeptic-no matter how bumbling-seeming he/she was-if the goal was to kill Missy-he/she darn sure achieved it.
This is a hard case for LE.

It may be a hard case for LE for reasons unbeknownst to us. JMO

I would think it was someone who went and waited for MB someone who knew her and was from around the area with that being said I would think that they would quickly dispose of the suit or burn it so no evidence can be found if someone should become suspect of them. It's a slim chance probably but I hope LE goes through the local landfills surrounding counties landfills and start digging before even more time and garbage accumulates. I figure it can't hurt to look may not be a pleasant experience but worth a try at this point.

Even if they went through the landfills and found the SWAT gear, it would be hard to link it to a suspect.

Random thoughts on the case:

If you knew you were going to be on security camera and therefore went to the trouble to disguise yourself, then why "stage" a robbery - the video will show you were staging (as it seems to do).

The perp could have arrived the night before and hung out behind the church for hours before entering. To leave the scene, (1) they could have been picked up a few blocks away (2) could they have "blended in" with arriving students after quickly stashing swat style gear in a gym bag, which they could simply carry?

So, I'd want to look at how every camper arrived and departed that morning.

I don’t think the suspect stuck around. I’m sure the police got the names of everyone there. He wouldn’t take a chance like that. I’m sure he was long gone by the time the students started showing up.

I do agree about him staging a burglary though. That doesn’t make any sense.

Random thoughts on the case:

If you knew you were going to be on security camera and therefore went to the trouble to disguise yourself, then why "stage" a robbery - the video will show you were staging (as it seems to do).

The perp could have arrived the night before and hung out behind the church for hours before entering. To leave the scene, (1) they could have been picked up a few blocks away (2) could they have "blended in" with arriving students after quickly stashing swat style gear in a gym bag, which they could simply carry?

So, I'd want to look at how every camper arrived and departed that morning.

We don't see all the video, but it's possible the perp did actually find the room that housed the security video and thought they had pulled where the data was stored and either got a dummy drive OR it was being backed up elsewhere. I know at my old POE we had it backed it to an outside company now days this could have been sent to the cloud.

I don’t think the suspect stuck around. I’m sure the police got the names of everyone there. He wouldn’t take a chance like that. I’m sure he was long gone by the time the students started showing up.

I do agree about him staging a burglary though. That doesn’t make any sense.

I tend to agree. To go through the whole protective disguise then to stick around and possibly be suspect does seem logical to me. Jmo

Exactly, women do not behave in this manner, and commit this type of crime. It’s that simple. Because 1. It was a violent crime. 85% of violent crimes are committed by men. 2. It was a heavy manual labor burglary. Females do not get involved in something like that. Because it takes a great deal of strength to bust open a door, even with tools. That’s not something that women can or want to do. If they did, there would be women construction workers everywhere. But they are not. Only 3% of construction workers are women.

Typical crimes that females commit are larceny-theft, fraud, forgery, and embezzlement. All crimes that are compatible with traditional female domestic roles. Those are the type of crimes that are in the comfort zone for women to commit. This crime fits in none of those categories. I’m 97% sure that this suspect is not a woman.

Gender and Crime - Differences Between Male And Female Offending Patterns

If it was not a hired job which I think would be male then think Jodi Arias

I tend to agree. To go through the whole protective disguise then to stick around and possibly be suspect does seem logical to me. Jmo

Sorry, it doesn't seem logical to me. Typo

assuming they bought the tactical gear, it cost more than anything they could have stolen from the church

Yeah that's why it seems more likely that she was not the target. But dang, that perp on camera just appears so incompetent, old, out-of-shape and just plain out of it. So why kill someone, why not just run - I don't know.

Maybe he wasn’t trying to kill her. Maybe he was just trying to knock her out. If he just ran, she would have probably followed him and got his license number, when he left the parking lot. Even if she didn’t get the license number, there is a good chance that she would have called 911, and given them his description. They would have probably stopped him on the highway. Either way he would have gone to jail.

This strikes me as odd. Did something happen to make him to say that to his Mother the day before, on Sunday? Was someone stalking or harassing her?

It sounds more like 20-20 hindsight to me. Which is understandable. I’m sure he is thinking of what he could have done to prevent it.

Is there any evidence that the police ever said it was a car crash? I believe that was just a rumor. I haven’t read anyone claim that the police said that.

What we know is that supposedly a camper immediately called Brandon but we don't know what they told him.

Brandon called his mom. She then called her daughter, saying Missy had been in a car accident and she was rushing to the hospital to be with Missy, and needed her daughter to go to the Bevers' residence to be with their daughters.

Then LE called Brandon and informed him Missy was deceased, and his sister told the girls Missy had been killed in a car accident.

My assumption is that Brandon told his mom "there's been an accident and Missy is hurt" and she, having been awakened at 5 am by this traumatic news, assumed it was a car accident, and then passed the misinformation to her daughter, who then passed it to the girls. This is PURE speculation on my part but I can see how this would be possible.

It's never been said exactly what Brandon was told by the camper who called him that I'm aware of.

From my earlier searches, I think it was completed in 2008:
http://www.industrycortex.com/datasheets/profile/1254424292/creekside_church_completion.pdf

Rowland Companies Completes Construction of New Worship Facility in Midlothian, Texas Midlothian, Texas (February 6, 2008) Rowland Companies recently completed construction of a new 19 acre campus for the Creekside Church of Christ in Midlothian. The Church relocated from its predecessor campus in DeSoto. The church's new construction includes a 30,000 square foot facility with a 600 seat worship center, full stage, water feature baptismal, administrative offices, classrooms, indoor playground, basketball / volleyball court, and a commercial grade kitchen.

I remember when Cowboy Church was nothing but benches outside and a metal sign of a cowboy with his horse kneeling at a cross. Gosh im showing my age lol

I remember when Cowboy Church was nothing but benches outside and a metal sign of a cowboy with his horse kneeling at a cross. Gosh im showing my age lol

I just LOVE the fact there is even such a thing as a Cowboy church. I'm kinda shocked by the fact there are even still cowboys in real life (beyond the wild west movies of my youth!), Wish we had them in England, that would liven the countryside up a bit lol!

I was so hoping for arrests by now. Like many here I have my eye on a couple of people and am on tenterhooks waiting for some news.

I am thinking we will see an arrest today! :please:

In my opinion there is so much land out here I don't think the perp would be stupid enough to trash it, I think it would most likely have been burned. Jmo

you can bet anyone who has made a purchase of tactical gear will be getting a visit. Cops work in mysterious ways, especially these cops they have a great tract record

I still think it was a targeted murder. If it was a robbery, we would have seen the perp take things. Some event made the perp freak. What was the event?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member