TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, if he was trying to kill her he would have been in place, not wonder around the building showing off for the cameras breaking multiple doors and windows.

But that is not what he was trying to do. He was breaking into rooms and looking for valuables because he was there to burglarize the church.

LOL. We are agreeing on some points and disagreeing on others!

I think s/he had help to place him at the door at precisely the right time.

JMO

I don't know that there's public evidence that happened. AFAIK what's been reported is that the suspect went into multiple rooms (silent on the manner in which they were entered) and on the video we see the perp enter into multiple rooms without breaking into them and the only room they are shown attempting to break into, they do not get inside that room and leave it after less than a minute. Subsequent reporting on the incident has described what happened as 'vandalism' rather than burglary inside and that nothing was taken.

Um, the evidence is on the videos.

It looked like that to me at first, too! And I did the same...but concluded it was an eerie reflection on the floor. :eek:

It is eerie!

And with that, I need to sign off for the day....please post about an arrest today so I can read that first thing when I check back in tonight. :)

It looked like that to me at first, too! And I did the same...but concluded it was an eerie reflection on the floor. :eek:

I thought it was my eyes.
I've played around with the images.
IMO it is a man standing by the desk holding something. He is actually blocking the sunlight coming in.

I have wondered if some of the "tools"/items left were actually found on-site. In one video the perp exits a room from behind a closed door, and before the door swings shut I see trash cans and thought a) bathroom? (and really, did they actually use the bathroom???) or b) more likely a maintenance closet. Somebody who checked things out beforehand might know where to find a hammer etc. to use and then leave behind (less to be caught with.) Just a thought.

Law enforcement had been poring over a significant amount of surveillance footage from businesses down the road in hopes that images could augment what they already have. Detectives declined to say whether the video had already been helpful. They also refused to comment on whether they have identified a suspect or person of interest.

Investigators say they are now considering several different theories.

http://www.kiiitv.com/story/31790131/kiiitvcom

I managed to miss this

Oh good, I was hoping they might be able to track some of the people who were driving around that morning.

The early camper is still niggling me. I just don't get why she was sooo early? Why would you risk having to sit in a dark, secluded car park on your own? I'd be interested to know if she was elsewhere before turning up and/or whether LE can verify when she left home.

And yes, I know others have said they are often early for things, but given most of the campers will be locals, there'd be little traffic and nothing else is open at that time, why would you leave your nice cosy home to sit out in the dark in a desolate church car park? Candy crush or no candy crush. I think it's weird.

Anyone else see a man standing by the desk in this video? (I screenshot the video)

View attachment 92573

And cropped it.

View attachment 92574

I do see what looks like a person. But, I went and looked at the full video again and I don't think it is. That "person" stood perfectly still the entire time that the perp was trying to "break in" to that closet. I think it's just our eyes playing tricks. MOO.

The item isn't long enough to be a box of plastic wrap. Plus it's white or light colored. It appears to be something they picked up in the room the walked through, because they didn't have it, went in that room, came out and had something in their hand. It wasn't very heavy because they're holding it easily with one hand while swinging the hammer to break the glass.

I screenshotted it and my best guess is a vent cover. ((Shrug))

Agree that it looks white and lightweight. I speculated earlier that (to me) it looked like a piece of paper folded in thirds.

I've been wondering if he were in the church at least once before (LE seem to think think so) and perhaps took a photo of their floor plan (if that's mounted anywhere in there). Then printed that out and brought it with him, pulling it out occasionally for reference.

(There seems to be no floor plan available online.)

For those who think this was a burglary, what is convincing you of that?

I just don't see it. Help me out.

JMO

I do not see it, either. A burglar does not murder unless caught and scared. Different psychologies.

This person was after Missy. Dressing as "POLICE" was done for the surveillance cameras' sake, IMHO. S/he knew where to attack Missy and park outside without being seen on camera. This perp fully intended to murder Missy; again, in my opinion only. S/he was able to drive away unnoticed due to the early morning time.

This crime makes my skin crawl. Someone went to a great deal of trouble (?) to plan this out perfectly. I pray LE finds the peep ASAP.

Most of all, RIP beautiful Missy.

I have wondered if some of the "tools"/items left were actually found on-site. In one video the perp exits a room from behind a closed door, and before the door swings shut I see trash cans and thought a) bathroom? (and really, did they actually use the bathroom???) or b) more likely a maintenance closet. Somebody who checked things out beforehand might know where to find a hammer etc. to use and then leave behind (less to be caught with.) Just a thought.

If you're talking about the excerpt from the latest video, at the end where he's exiting a room with something bright or white in his left hand, that's room 12, which is used for ladies Bible study, so not a restroom unless perhaps they're all pregnant. ;)

Oh good, I was hoping they might be able to track some of the people who were driving around that morning.

The early camper is still niggling me. I just don't get why she was sooo early? Why would you risk having to sit in a dark, secluded car park on your own? I'd be interested to know if she was elsewhere before turning up and/or whether LE can verify when she left home.

And yes, I know others have said they are often early for things, but given most of the campers will be locals, there'd be little traffic and nothing else is open at that time, why would you leave your nice cosy home to sit out in the dark in a desolate church car park? Candy crush or no candy crush. I think it's weird.

I don't feel that any of the campers were involved. And it was raining that morning and in the area and other parts of Texas/Houston we had bad thunder storms/flooding, so I think the early camper(s) were being cautious, like I would about the rain and timing. *Drivers in DFW are horrible and/or slow when it comes to rain or snow! LOL

The item isn't long enough to be a box of plastic wrap. Plus it's white or light colored. It appears to be something they picked up in the room the walked through, because they didn't have it, went in that room, came out and had something in their hand. It wasn't very heavy because they're holding it easily with one hand while swinging the hammer to break the glass.

I screenshotted it and my best guess is a vent cover. ((Shrug))

I believe they did have it during the entirety of the video. If you pay attention to the suspect's right-hand pocket, you'll see there's something white sticking out of their pocket (starting at 0:27 in the video, see it again clearly in their pocket at 1:08) and it continues throughout the clip until they enter that final room where the white object is in their hand and there's nothing visible in their right pocket anymore (2:03 in hand empty right pocket).

I believe they did have it during the entirety of the video. If you pay attention to the suspect's right-hand pocket, you'll see there's something white sticking out of their pocket (starting at 0:27 in the video, see it again clearly in their pocket at 1:08) and it continues throughout the clip until they enter that final room where the white object is in their hand and there's nothing visible in their right pocket anymore (2:03 in hand empty right pocket).

So a printed out floor plan, maybe?...(see my post above at 1:31 PM)...

Please explain to me how that is relevant to this case.

I used that crime to show you that staging is very common these days for various crimes.....a lot of crimes these days are staged to mislead LE

If you're talking about the excerpt from the latest video, at the end where he's exiting a room with something bright or white in his left hand, that's room 12, which is used for ladies Bible study, so not a restroom unless perhaps they're all pregnant. ;)

:thinking:LOL. I've read about the room 12 but didn't notice it myself, will have to review. The room I'm talking about is right before the perp then walks straight across the hallway (whole thing is pretty close to camera) and starts "hammering" at the glass (at least you see glass landing on the floor). And then the video ends. Same room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper