TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are many convinced this was a botched robbery? I don't think so. I have been reading all day and finally had to skip ahead to post a thought that I had. In thread #2, someone here had posted how they noticed how methodically the killer was sweeping the outer rooms, on the side of the building that was opened and where Missy would soon be parked. Others have posted about how the breaking of glass was a random staging of a burglary. I don't know if anyone posted this idea in the past 30 pages I jumped, but I think the killer was intentionally opening every unlocked door, intentionally breaking every window of the "unlocked" doors. The killer even gave up on the doors he/she couldn't pry open. The killer knew if he/she couldn't pry it open, Missy wasn't getting in there either. I think the killer was planning in case Missy escaped him/her. If the killer opened every single unlocked door, the killer would know which room Missy was hiding in. The killer also broke the glass on every window to make certain Missy couldn't lock the door behind her. Very sinister and seems it's straight out of a horror movie. There was no way she was getting away from this monster. This person was not looking for items to steal and was carefully planning in case things went awry. IMO.

The police no longer think this was a burglary. They are reportedly now certain that Missy was targeted and the scene was staged to look like a burglary. This news broke early this evening.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/sources-police-believe-slain-midlothian-mom-was-targeted/154677542

They have not released the majority of the video because they have the murder caught on it.

Source? Everything I have read said the murder was not caught on video.

Are many convinced this was a botched robbery? I don't think so. I have been reading all day and finally had to skip ahead to post a thought that I had. In thread #2, someone here had posted how they noticed how methodically the killer was sweeping the outer rooms, on the side of the building that was opened and where Missy would soon be parked. Others have posted about how the breaking of glass was a random staging of a burglary. I don't know if anyone posted this idea in the past 30 pages I jumped, but I think the killer was intentionally opening every unlocked door, intentionally breaking every window of the "unlocked" doors. The killer even gave up on the doors he/she couldn't pry open. The killer knew if he/she couldn't pry it open, Missy wasn't getting in there either. I think the killer was planning in case Missy escaped him/her. If the killer opened every single unlocked door, the killer would know which room Missy was hiding in. The killer also broke the glass on every window to make certain Missy couldn't lock the door behind her. Very sinister and seems it's straight out of a horror movie. There was no way she was getting away from this monster. This person was not looking for items to steal and was carefully planning in case things went awry. IMO.

Good thinking. I think I agree with you on this.

I must be tired. I'm just not getting how some bad cop is automatically related to this case? Crimes are committed all over the place by cops and non-cops. Just because this perp was wearing a fake LE 'getup'...(which to me, was a mish mash of sports equipment and fake lettering)--doesn't mean it's tied to this case.

Please, someone 'splain to me why this is such an "AHA" moment. TIA!

thank you to everyone who welcomed me last night! sorry i'm just getting a chance to post on here now again.
disclaimer, i'm not implying anything or trying to accuse anyone of anything but it's still weird to me that BB said last week she wasn't targeted, but then the SIL is saying she thinks she was. at first i thought well maybe Missy said something to her SIL in passing about maybe some woman she was uncomfortable with but hadn't disclosed that to BB. but then i read an article where the SIL said that if something or someone was bothering Missy no one in the family knew about it. :confused: it's just kind of weird
i just hope this gets solved soon and doesn't turn into a cold case. i'm not sure why this particular case is creeping me out so much but i'm states away from Texas and i've been on edge and kind of scared to be alone ever since i learned about it.

MesquiteO21, I've been feeling the same way. What I find interesting is the man's statements he made which were quite contradictory.

Reporter: “She posted on her FB that she was gonna be there, ... “
Husband: “Times and schedules are pre-determined, it definitely sets up an opportunity for the unknown to happen.”
-and shortly thereafter-
Reporter: “So you don’t think she was targeted?"
Husband: “It’s strictly my opinion, I don’t think she was targeted.”

Now, I'm not accusing anyone either, but the above conversation actually happened, that is a fact. It is in the public record. And I have a problem with his statements.

This is brilliant. I would never have thought about this. Just assumed it was for show, not a way to further control the outcome. Kudos! Great thinking!!

Of course, this is a burglary. Someone broke into the building. But if the only "staging" involves open doors and broken glass, there was an intended purpose behind it.

I must be tired. I'm just not getting how some bad cop is automatically related to this case? Crimes are committed all over the place by cops and non-cops. Just because this perp was wearing a fake LE 'getup'...(which to me, was a mish mash of sports equipment and fake lettering)--doesn't mean it's tied to this case.

It's not just you. I think people are just seeing the same town and "crooked cop" and jumping to all sorts of conclusions. If there's anything substantial, no one's posting it, just lots of the kind of comment you mention. I wish people would add a sentence or two to explain the reactions. I might be spoiled by the Bosma threads.

Edit: if it's even the same town.

Possibly some gear is missing which he was in charge of? Maybe he knows the murderer he gave the gear to? Maybe he took it?

MesquiteO21, I've been feeling the same way. What I find interesting is the man's statements he made which were quite contradictory.

Reporter: “She posted on her FB that she was gonna be there, ... “
Husband: “Times and schedules are pre-determined, it definitely sets up an opportunity for the unknown to happen.”
-and shortly thereafter-
Reporter: “So you don’t think she was targeted?"
Husband: “It’s strictly my opinion, I don’t think she was targeted.”

Now, I'm not accusing anyone either, but the above conversation actually happened, that is a fact. It is in the public record. And I have a problem with his statements.

He was going by what the police told him they noticed via video and what they originally told us at first.

Male and possible robbery interruption. So if hubby was told something different at first. Then he would have originally stated things differently. Jmo

Possibly some gear is missing which he was in charge of? Maybe he knows the murderer he gave the gear to? Maybe he took it?

These are reasonable questions, I suppose, but people are acting like some big bombshell relating to THIS case has been dropped. (Usually without elaborating.)

(Sorry, this is just a remarkably challenging thread to follow, lots of hints and coyness without actual info. I understand some of it (can't sleuths non POIs) but the hinting around can be exhausting for casual readers.

<modsnip>

thank you to everyone who welcomed me last night! sorry i'm just getting a chance to post on here now again.
disclaimer, i'm not implying anything or trying to accuse anyone of anything but it's still weird to me that BB said last week she wasn't targeted, but then the SIL is saying she thinks she was. at first i thought well maybe Missy said something to her SIL in passing about maybe some woman she was uncomfortable with but hadn't disclosed that to BB. but then i read an article where the SIL said that if something or someone was bothering Missy no one in the family knew about it. :confused: it's just kind of weird
i just hope this gets solved soon and doesn't turn into a cold case. i'm not sure why this particular case is creeping me out so much but i'm states away from Texas and i've been on edge and kind of scared to be alone ever since i learned about it.

Well, this is just my opinion and I am not presuming to know what any of Missy's family members are thinking or feeling, but I think it might be easier for a family member to think that a loved one had not been purposely targeted. I would imagine that it would be very scary to think that someone out there, who has not yet been arrested, hates someone in your family so much that they would hunt your family member down and kill them.

I would also think that a parent would worry that the killer might target your children next or other members of your family.

Finally, I think that the living spouse might feel guilty for not seeing the signs in advance that a homicidal lunatic was targeting one's spouse for murder.

I cant get article to post. But above article a few posts back. A former County Deputy was caught selling guns to pawn shop and others. He is in jail but Texas Rangers are trying to track down all the guns. IMO this is going to someway somehow tie into this case. Former cop had possible steroids at his house as well. This is huge IMO. Don't know how it ties in yet but I bet it does.

Agreed. And AmandaSkis speculated that he may be "singing" to authorities in case one of the guns is linked to MB murder, which is an astute observation MOO

She may have kept some equipment at the church. Maybe a stereo or some heavier things and that's why she went in. Moo

I believe she brought that stuff with her in her SUV. At least I think there is evidence that that is what she usually did. She also taught at different locations, so she would need to have that stuff with her at other places.

It's not just you. I think people are just seeing the same town and "crooked cop" and jumping to all sorts of conclusions. If there's anything substantial, no one's posting it, just lots of the kind of comment you mention. I wish people would add a sentence or two to explain the reactions. I might be spoiled by the Bosma threads.

Edit: if it's even the same town.

I am not sayin crooked cop in on this other than isn't it strange the amount of Fed agencies involved after guns that were supposed to be destroyed have turned up not destroyed. He is in jail. But you can bet your boots if one of those guns was used in this or maybe some other gear, this is a nightmare for LE. It is not their fault but those guns were supposed to be gone. This would open up a story as big as Texas and they know it. As to who killed her remains to be seen and may not be tied into this other than the gun etc. But this is big IMO.

These are reasonable questions, I suppose, but people are acting like some big bombshell relating to THIS case has been dropped. (Usually without elaborating.)

(Sorry, this is just a remarkably challenging thread to follow, lots of hints and coyness without actual info. I understand some of it (can't sleuths non POIs) but the hinting around can be exhausting for casual readers.)

Possibly they were onto this "bad cop", who was in charge of evidence and equipment and broke some laws. If this case revealed some missing police equipment, LE agencies could have cut the investigation short to arrest and give a plea for evidence on where that equipment went.

The was a police officer who posted here earlier that although ill-fitting, thought that much of the gear was legitimate.

Well great, there goes any chance we have of sleep tonight. Great thinking! New POV and IMO makes sense. How evil and yet thorough. What a creepy evil killer. (Fact)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member