TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
/

I just remembered my DH was on the phone with our insurance last night and I heard him say my birthday, 09/14/1995. teehee!

I know his birthday like the back of my hand but I always forget anyway. I have lost all track of time since I can no longer work, holidays too.

I must admit. Once I switched from the old roller phones to cell phones; I can now no longer memorize any body's phone number.

The automatic contact list on my phone has dumbed me down. Lol.

Where is this omniscience coming from that exterior parking lot cameras aren't working that they would know there was no video evidence? Also road incidents are by definition targeted killings and it would look like an assassination if you shot someone in an undamaged moving car, if you hit them they could call someone and if you're talking about post-shooting staging that's a huge gamble that nobody will come driving down the highway and see you smashing a car if other drivers on the highway hadn't already seen you when the flash from the muzzle went off. The number of road rage shooting murders is exceedingly rare - and when they happen they tend to make big news - and would itself draw attention that there was some sort of acquaintance relationship to trigger such a shooting, especially in small town Midlothian.

Hello Websleuths! Hope I post this properly. Very saddened for Missy and have been following. I agree with above quote. What is coming to mind is the NFL football player who had his girlfriend killed via car/drive by. She lived long enough to give the story so NFL player goes to jail. Also Selena who was shot by fan club manager was able to get to lobby and name her killer. Sadly I think (IMO) getting Missy inside was to make sure this didn't happen. What if camper pulled up while this in process? What if drive by and she survived it? She was strong and a fighter. Who knows if it went on while camper had arrived in car? IMO only the staging was to lure Missy in asap. Something like ma'am come quickly, there's an armed robber on the property. Come inside for your safety. That way he/she has reason to get her in there....instead of waiting to see if/when she comes inside. IMO only.

Briliant! Thanks All! Now, if I could stop replies from taking me all the way to the end of the thread.... LOL.

When it takes you to the end of the thread, if you quoted someone, just hit the little arrows button beside their name (in the quote) and it will take you back to where you were. :)

What a fantastic tip - thank you, JLSChook! :loveyou:

You're very welcome! :)

We need news. NOW would be nice. :jail:

I wonder if anyone close to the killer noticed a change in him or her before or after the murder? Edgy, quiet, secretive, self-satisfied? I know it happens, but how do you just carry on as usual after killing someone?

I must admit. Once I switched from the old roller phones to cell phones; I can now no longer memorize any body's phone number.

The automatic contact list on my phone has dumbed me down. Lol.

And how. Can you remember your own number? I can remember my number now, I've had it for 14 years but it took a long time. Also, the calculator on my phone has done a number on my math skills too. Almost as much as fibro fog.
Oh, I haven't a clue what our home phone land line is, I don't even know why we have it.

Just call us..Dumb and Dumber. :lol:

Teresa Sievers arrived home (alone) to be killed by a "hit man" (2 actually) while her husband and children were out of state. At first it looked like her home was robbed and that she interrupted the robbers b/c people assumed the family was out of town. The murder weapon was a hammer. Nothing was actually stolen but things were a little out of place per say. In the end, her husband hired his childhood best friend (who then enlisted the help of his neighbor/friend) to travel from another state to kill her for the insurance ($4.4m) money and b/c he is a sick evil man. Her husband was not arrested for a very long time b/c he was out of state and there was no evidence to tie him to the murder for hire until his bff rolled and took a plea in return for his testimony against him. They talked in code on burner phones, gave cash as wedding gifts and worked via her medical office to cover up other shady stuff, EXCEPT they also rented a car with GPS, the other friend brought his turned on personal cell phone, they went to Wal Mart and the beach while in town and told people where they were going. They were on LE radar not long after her body was found.

I'm sure LE has an idea of what is going on in Missy's case, they just have to put it all together to make an arrest and even then if more than 1 person is involved, it may take longer to get everyone put away. Who knows if this Slaughter guy and his guns/steroids are a link but they will piece it all together eventually if so. IMO!!

Has anyone besides that one friend said anything about her not being herself?

And what does he base his opinion on? Didn't she just see him at the fitness center? How well could he have known about her in her personal life? he gives me the creepy's.:moo:

I was leaning more into the theory that someone was obsessed with Missy....a friend that she worked out with stated that
Missy wasn't her self the last couple of weeks.......someone loved her ideal life and was jealous......that could to point why LE can't say for sure if it was a woman or man dressed up as a swat.]

Not sure if it's OK to quote part of this article so I just used a few key words from it and included the link. Of course this is just opinion from a former prosecutor.
"Veteran prosecutor...thinks the killing was anything but random... the person was trying to “get the drop on the victim …* to make them think you’re police so that they can feel safe around.”
Here is the link to this article. http://www.wfaa.com/mb/news/crime/a...idlothian-murder-eric-williams-case/147852637
Since it doesn't sense to me for the perp to walk around causing minor damage to fool LE, it does make sense if they were just trying to fool Missy. So they could get her where they wanted her. Maybe they knew she would recognize them otherwise and be unwilling to be near them.

Regardless of what the unnamed source is saying, I still am having a difficult time getting on board with this being a targeted plan of assassination. Way back in another thread I mentioned that I thought the reason the other agencies were brought in early was because [militaristic gear] + [potentially scoping hiding places/escape routes] + [place of worship] === [large number of mass shootings that incorporate one or more of the proceeding factors]. I'd have been shocked if this *hadn't* been investigated as potential terrorism given the media/political climate. Even here on WS I swear half the threads on any crime discuss at length whether or not the crime could be linked to terrorism and/or organized gangs of one flavor or another.

Why? Because the ungainly outfit and walk. The killer was dressed for potential combat, but not for being able to chase down a fast-moving victim if, even if they were able to corner their prey, their initial blow or blows didn't incapacitate Missy fully. Remember, she was very fit and agile. Our man/woman on tape looks anything but.

Therefore: the only way I can really get behind this being a targeted attack is if the killer had no access to a gun, and cared more about doing physical damage to Missy (enough that it would probably injure her to the extant that she'd be unable to continue to do the thing that is so important to her identity and that she receives so much praise for) and the blows being lethal wasn't the main intention. If they had expected her to put up a fight (because they weren't planning on smashing her skull in- sorry to be so graphic) and expected her to survive, then what they wore makes a little more sense to me. Less Sievers and more Tonya Harding. (But I'm still not sold on this)

Shooting someone non-lethally that only slows them down and then using other weapons could be a feature not a bug if it was an acquaintance killing where they are getting more enjoyment inflicting a slower beating rather than a quicker killing shot. Any number of acquaintance killers enjoy the killing rather than just killing in a way that would be the most efficient.

Interesting possibility, although it's quite a leap from being an extreme physical fitness buff to murder.
That was part of the point. Some "fitness buffs" feel the need to outdo their competitor. And some may use steroids to do so.
Not only that, but pain is a huge downer for anyone, and pain pills become a much needed crutch.

And if you've ever been in pain for any length of time, it can color your whole world bleak. You can't see light at the end of the tunnel.

My PT also said that some trainers may sell steroids to stay afloat in what is a very competitive industry. You know, to pay the bills.

Maybe Missy knew someone who was dealing and threatened him/her with exposure.

Now that would be a motive.

And this is all speculation but, it makes pretty good sense to me.

It would also explain her "quiet demeanor" her friend noticed.

This would have weighed on me immensely. I know about it and it's illegal but I can't trust anyone with this info except for the authorities.

Lol. Actually, you would be considered a reliable source, one worth cultivating, Inthedetails.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Where is this omniscience coming from that exterior parking lot cameras aren't working that they would know there was no video evidence? Also road incidents are by definition targeted killings and it would look like an assassination if you shot someone in an undamaged moving car, if you hit them they could call someone and if you're talking about post-shooting staging that's a huge gamble that nobody will come driving down the highway and see you smashing a car if other drivers on the highway hadn't already seen you when the flash from the muzzle went off. The number of road rage shooting murders is exceedingly rare - and when they happen they tend to make big news - and would itself draw attention that there was some sort of acquaintance relationship to trigger such a shooting, especially in small town Midlothian.

Road rage shootings are not by definition targeted killings. Most of them are random spur of the moment shootings. Often triggered by a motorist who cuts the perpetrator off or impedes their driving in some way. Road rage shooting are rare, and they do make news. But not as much news as a lunatic in a SWAT costume breaking into a church and killing someone.

Have you every driven anywhere at 4 AM? For the most part there is only one car on the road at that time, yours. With very few exceptions (Las Vegas, New York, etc.) even in urban cores there are few cars on the roads at 4 AM.

Hello Websleuths! Hope I post this properly. Very saddened for Missy and have been following. I agree with above quote. What is coming to mind is the NFL football player who had his girlfriend killed via car/drive by. She lived long enough to give the story so NFL player goes to jail. Also Selena who was shot by fan club manager was able to get to lobby and name her killer. Sadly I think (IMO) getting Missy inside was to make sure this didn't happen. What if camper pulled up while this in process? What if drive by and she survived it? She was strong and a fighter. Who knows if it went on while camper had arrived in car? IMO only the staging was to lure Missy in asap. Something like ma'am come quickly, there's an armed robber on the property. Come inside for your safety. That way he/she has reason to get her in there....instead of waiting to see if/when she comes inside. IMO only.

Great first post SnoopDogPI! Love your name.
I remember Ray Carruth and his murderous posse. Chancellor Lee Adams is the 16 year old son of Cherica Adams, who was brutally murdered while pregnant by Carruth.
He is doing well, cerebral palsy hasn't slowed him down. I think Ray may be getting out of prison soon. :facepalm:

:fireworks::welcome6: :fireworks:

Teresa Sievers arrived home (alone) to be killed by a "hit man" (2 actually) while her husband and children were out of state. At first it looked like her home was robbed and that she interrupted the robbers b/c people assumed the family was out of town. The murder weapon was a hammer. Nothing was actually stolen but things were a little out of place per say. In the end, her husband hired his childhood best friend (who then enlisted the help of his neighbor/friend) to travel from another state to kill her for the insurance ($4.4m) money and b/c he is a sick evil man. Her husband was not arrested for a very long time b/c he was out of state and there was no evidence to tie him to the murder for hire until his bff rolled and took a plea in return for his testimony against him. They talked in code on burner phones, gave cash as wedding gifts and worked via her medical office to cover up other shady stuff, EXCEPT they also rented a car with GPS, the other friend brought his turned on personal cell phone, they went to Wal Mart and the beach while in town and told people where they were going. They were on LE radar not long after her body was found.

I'm sure LE has an idea of what is going on in Missy's case, they just have to put it all together to make an arrest and even then if more than 1 person is involved, it may take longer to get everyone put away. Who knows if this Slaughter guy and his guns/steroids are a link but they will piece it all together eventually if so. IMO!!

My earlier post was not stated clearly, I was referencing the staging done in both. I was not implying or do I think family is involved. I have stated that in many threads.

It absolutely does make sense for several reasons. One important reason being that this could be very personal and this person wanted MB to see their face and wanted her to be afraid. We don't know the mental state of this person AT ALL. I mean, I could say a few choice words but they may not be accurate. The fact is, some people who murder actually enjoy it. We don't know this person's history. For all we know, they have killed before. Or, another reason is that maybe this is a game to this person and they wanted to taunt LE?! What I'm saying is....this perp (I am not a fan of the word either) isn't smart by ANY stretch of the imagination. Who knows why they chose to do this in this way? This is why I don't think we can look at the person's action on 2 minutes of footage and definitively think that MB was in the wrong place at the wrong time & there was absolutely no other reason to commit murder in this church other than the fact that MB walked in on something. There's SO much we don't know. Obviously. Otherwise, we'd all at least agree on something!! Gender, motive, murder weapon, entry/exit from the church, suspects....the list goes on. The fact is, we know NOTHING other than what LE has given us which isn't much.....at all.

But, we do know one thing. This person doesn't seem to be in a big rush walking around the church (casing and checking out the place) so TO ME, it doesn't look like the "usual" robbery. And, I also don't see enough vandalism in the 2 minutes of footage to say that messing up the church was the goal either.

I don’t completely agree that he didn’t seem to be in a big rush. He wasn’t running, but he kept moving along at a good pace, like he was busy with something.

In a nutshell. :clap:

Istiff, thank you.

RIP our dear sweet Teresa.

RIP Missy. Justice is coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics