TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM: When you say, "didn't leave" what exactly are you thinking? That the perp was there the entire time LE was and stayed hidden or the perp was someone that looked like they belonged there (was part of the group)? I don't get it.

TIA! :)

One theory floating around here (but not sure who initially mentioned it) is the person was part of the camp and correct, they never left! They ditched SWAT clothes in a duffle bag then hid them somewhere. This is crazy to me because I can't see how it could be pulled off but....we have to remember that the cops initially thought it was a robbery gone bad. So did they just do a brief "what happened, give me your name & number and we will follow-up with you" then let them go? Or....was every car searched? I can see cops not immediately suspecting female campers, especially since they all went in together. So yes, I do see this as a theory how someone could so closely stick to the timeframe we've been given with no one else seeing them....if camper 1 didn't show up at 4:35AM, I would think differently because that would have left plenty of time for them to get out of there without being noticed.

I swear that person in the video walked just like I did when I was really pregnant.

Could all that swat gear hide a pregnancy?

Pretty far fetched I know.

That is always a possibility.

Is the pressure mounting on the suspect??

Here is the latest press release from Midlothian PD. I am speculating that the "rumor" is being addressed to scare the perp.

https://www.facebook.com/Midlothian-Police-Department-195047007358/?fref=nf

Midlothian Police Department
23 mins ·
UPDATE ON THE TERRI "MISSY" BEVERS INVESTIGATION
MIDLOTHIAN, TEXAS: [April 27, 2016, 1240 PM CST] We are aware of a rumor that has circulated through social media regarding an arrest in the Terri “Missy” Bevers murder investigation. We have received numerous inquiries from both the media and the public about this misinformation. While we look forward to the day when we can announce an arrest, the rumor that circulated is unfortunately false.
The speed with which this rumor circulated is no doubt fueled by public concern and the uneasiness that our community feels and will likely continue to feel until Missy’s killer is captured. We share the community’s sense of urgency. We continue to work diligently and collaborate with our investigative partners to bring this killer to justice.
This investigation is still very much on-going. Due to the active nature of the investigation, we are not releasing any details not already released. Investigators are continuing to follow leads and conduct interviews in hopes that information may be gleaned that will help us identify Missy’s killer.
Many requests have been received asking for investigators to comment on the particular aspects of this crime. Again, we will not speculate or put forth any one theory over another until we have sufficient grounds to do so. There are many unanswered questions in this case and we look forward to learning answers to these questions. We pray that when Missy’s killer is captured, that day will bring peace to Missy’s family, friends the Midlothian community overall. Until then we will relentlessly follow wherever the evidence may lead.
Anyone with information, regardless of how insignificant the lead might seem, is asked to contact a tip line that has been set up to catalog all incoming tips at 972-775-7624. Tipsters can also remain anonymous by contacting Ellis County Crime Stoppers at 972-937-PAYS (7297). Oak Farms Dairy has offered a $10,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and grand jury indictment of the person or persons responsible for Mrs. Bevers’ death.

""The speed with which this rumor circulated is no doubt fueled by public concern and the uneasiness that our community feels and will likely continue to feel until Missy’s killer is captured. We share the community’s sense of urgency. '''

I feel like this would be a great time for them to add you , the community, are in no danger, but they did NOT say that. They address Midlothians' fears but do nothing to quiet them. That tells me they are not 100% sure the community is ' safe' while they wait to arrest this perp. Thoughts ?

Something else I've wondered about (and I think I saw this mentioned before, too), is why did the first 911 calls come in at 5am, which I believe was class start time? In my 15 years of teaching fitness (more years if including just attending), I will say that never once have the first students shown up right when class was starting. Ever. A minimum, minimum!, of 7ish minutes before, to settle in, get equipment, etc. Bad weather; more time; usually have different shoes on, outdoor wear, etc. to take off/change. I usually have people in the parking lot early (as in this case), and 10 min or so beforehand, the first ones are inside. Even factoring in the shock of discovery, 5am calls strikes me as odd. I'd think finding someone unresponsive regardless of supposed reason would warrant an IMMEDIATE call. This is not to cast suspicion on those people, at all, but more to say I wonder...were those really the first calls? Or was MB found in a different place in the building than expected, and they were searching for her first? Does it matter? Ugh, hope there is an arrest soon!

Yes, I mentioned that one because I too think that they would have gone in at least 10 min early. My thinking is they had to look around the church before they actually found her...that would also lead to the theory that the perp lured her into the inside of the building somehow (and that makes me think she KNEW the voice that called out to her from inside....what female, fit or not, goes into an EMPTY church building if they "hear something" all alone? For sure not me! I'd run to my car and lock the doors and call my husband or 911! I also thought that the first people to find her would most likely try CPR (??? depending on injuries) but even still, you would have one person doing CPR while the other immediately calls 911, so again, right at 5AM??? I did go back and look at police report and it says "about 5AM" so I guess it could give or take 5 minutes???

I swear that person in the video walked just like I did when I was really pregnant.

That has been one of the theories discussed. Who can say today ? Good to see you Boss :seeya:

Well it could be a pregnant woman if she was the decoy. JMO

Well, if the perp is a pregnant woman, is she going to blame MB's murder on hormones? What's the deal? Ugh!

If the killer knew exactly where all the cameras were, which ones were working or not, and how to avoid each and every one of them, why would he/she need a second person to dress like a wanna be cop just to act like a decoy in front of the cameras? :waitasec:

Would be a good reason to want all of the protection too. (I recognized my "pregnant walk" as well!)

Midlothian Police Department
23 mins ·
UPDATE ON THE TERRI "MISSY" BEVERS INVESTIGATION
MIDLOTHIAN, TEXAS: [April 27, 2016, 1240 PM CST] We are aware of a rumor that has circulated through social media regarding an arrest in the Terri “Missy” Bevers murder investigation. We have received numerous inquiries from both the media and the public about this misinformation. While we look forward to the day when we can announce an arrest, the rumor that circulated is unfortunately false.
The speed with which this rumor circulated is no doubt fueled by public concern and the uneasiness that our community feels and will likely continue to feel until Missy’s killer is captured. We share the community’s sense of urgency. We continue to work diligently and collaborate with our investigative partners to bring this killer to justice.
This investigation is still very much on-going. Due to the active nature of the investigation, we are not releasing any details not already released. Investigators are continuing to follow leads and conduct interviews in hopes that information may be gleaned that will help us identify Missy’s killer.
Many requests have been received asking for investigators to comment on the particular aspects of this crime. Again, we will not speculate or put forth any one theory over another until we have sufficient grounds to do so. There are many unanswered questions in this case and we look forward to learning answers to these questions. We pray that when Missy’s killer is captured, that day will bring peace to Missy’s family, friends the Midlothian community overall. Until then we will relentlessly follow wherever the evidence may lead.
Anyone with information, regardless of how insignificant the lead might seem, is asked to contact a tip line that has been set up to catalog all incoming tips at 972-775-7624. Tipsters can also remain anonymous by contacting Ellis County Crime Stoppers at 972-937-PAYS (7297). Oak Farms Dairy has offered a $10,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and grand jury indictment of the person or persons responsible for Mrs. Bevers’ death.

""The speed with which this rumor circulated is no doubt fueled by public concern and the uneasiness that our community feels and will likely continue to feel until Missy’s killer is captured. We share the community’s sense of urgency. '''

I feel like this would be a great time for them to add you , the community, are in no danger, but they did NOT say that. They address Midlothians' fears but do nothing to quiet them. That tells me they are not 100% sure the community is ' safe' while they wait to arrest this perp. Thoughts ?

I took the first part of their statement to be of greater interest. What rumor of an arrest was circulating? I have been reading Facebook posts, Twitter feeds... no rumor of an arrest. So a part of me wonders if LE is putting it out there about this rumor of an arrest to see how the suspect(s) reacts.

Was the 2nd person invisible to the cameras? I'm not getting this.

There is always the possibility that there is a second on tape but the police have not released it for lots of reasons. JMO. Remember we have only seen a sliver of the tape.

The 2 people (or couple) theory is interesting. That would tell us that one or the other (or both) knew what cameras would be working and which ones wouldn't. Because let's be honest, if LE had images of a second person, they would have....at the very least....released some still photos of them. It would be much easier for people to identify two people who are acquainted in some way than to think of one person that matches that walk/waddle/strut/shuffle the killer has going on. KWIM?

I don't buy the couple theory because LE doesn't seem to have another person anywhere on the footage. But that's just me.

If the killer knew exactly where all the cameras were, which ones were working or not, and how to avoid each and every one of them, why would he/she need a second person to dress like a wanna be cop just to act like a decoy in front of the cameras? :waitasec:

Because one of them was not capable of murdering some one. I'm just throwing out ideas.

Respectfully snipped by me:

I find it quite disconcerting. The community needs to practice vigilance, not be alone in public buildings in off hours, lock your doors, and pray there is an arrest!

I took the first part of their statement to be of greater interest. What rumor of an arrest was circulating? I have been reading Facebook posts, Twitter feeds... no rumor of an arrest. So a part of me wonders if LE is putting it out there about this rumor of an arrest to see how the suspect(s) reacts.

Very interesting indeed. I have not heard of any rumors of that either. Maybe it's an attempt to put the killer or killers at ease. Jmo

Originally Posted by JLSChook View Post
When it takes you to the end of the thread, if you quoted someone, just hit the little arrows button beside their name (in the quote) and it will take you back to where you were.
What a fantastic tip - thank you, JLSChook! :loveyou:
And if not quoting someone (like marking your spot beginning on catching up) or just a comment by you ... after goes to last page upon enter... click the Page Back arrow at top of your tab. Those are the 2 ways I do it. LOL sometimes i have 2 tabs open but especially when the thread is rocking... those are ones I use. *page back takes me back to my exact spot, not just to the top of page*

I don't think cameras were everywhere in the church. I think it is possible that two broke into the church, one walked around staging then joined the other perp in another area that was not monitored such as the kitchen and killed Missy in the kitchen....

jMO

Now I'm imagining domesticated chatter - "Honey, can you bring me some Saran Wrap??" J/K

I have a problem with the hammer ! Of course, there have been many murders by hammer. But that seems to be more of a last resort/spur of the moment/ convenience type of weapon. Argument breaks out, here's a hammer in the garage to grab, etc. I don't know how many well planned, choreographed murders have been committed by a hammer. This perp went to a lot of trouble to nail down details to the T , so why a hammer and not something faster, more definite like a gun. I realize at this point we do not know the murder weapon, but I think many of us, myself included , are speculating it is that hammer. So A) either the hammer is NOT the murder weapon but was just used to gain entry to the building and bust it up a bit and a gun was used for the murder or B ) they wanted the personal, up close and intimate experience of murder by hammer :(

I was just going to say the same thing! I've been searching all the facebook posts, MSM, google, yahoo, blogs, and twitter and I haven't seen anything about an impending arrest.

How unusual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members