TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I took the first part of their statement to be of greater interest. What rumor of an arrest was circulating? I have been reading Facebook posts, Twitter feeds... no rumor of an arrest. So a part of me wonders if LE is putting it out there about this rumor of an arrest to see how the suspect(s) reacts.

Oh, that is an interesting thought! Yeah, maybe LE is now prepared for the suspect, if he/she wants to run now. Maybe a lot of people are phoning in tips of the same person/couple and LE is getting antsy about him/them/her fleeing?

Late to the game and just finished reading all the threads (*WHEW*). I cannot accept the theory that this was just a random burglary gone bad or some teen playing some "game." It's too coincidental that this disguised person just happened to break into the church and wander around on the morning after Missi posts she will be there and the class has moved inside due to rain. The get up that the perp is wearing is FAR too much for a simple burglary; a ski mask would have sufficed if he or she was just there to rob the place (and seriously...why go through the trouble of this bulky disguise only to rob a....church?) and didn't want to be seen. It totally seems like the perp was familiar with the church and was just trying to stage things to make it look like a break in. A generic burglar probably would have just run away has he or she heard someone coming in.

I think the person was there with the very distinct purpose to attack and kill Missi and it seems now LE believes the same thing. The question of course WHY?

There is always the possibility that there is a second on tape but the police have not released it for lots of reasons. JMO. Remember we have only seen a sliver of the tape.

I'm not being argumentative, I swear! But, what would those reasons be? I'm genuinely curious because I would think it would be easier to identify two people rather than one if they are acquainted or a couple. I would think that if LE had a second person on the footage, they would have absolutely released it. Let's just say that my husband is on this footage and it's released to the public. It would take something very specific to bring him into people's minds. But if I'm there and they have my little mannerisms AND his....I would think it would bring us to mind easier. Maybe I'm not explaining that right though?!

Or maybe it's just me. ;)

Now I'm imagining domesticated chatter - "Honey, can you bring me some Saran Wrap??" J/K

:silly: At this point, I'm beginning to think the perp did steal the Saran Wrap!!!

One theory floating around here (but not sure who initially mentioned it) is the person was part of the camp and correct, they never left! They ditched SWAT clothes in a duffle bag then hid them somewhere. This is crazy to me because I can't see how it could be pulled off but....we have to remember that the cops initially thought it was a robbery gone bad. So did they just do a brief "what happened, give me your name & number and we will follow-up with you" then let them go? Or....was every car searched? I can see cops not immediately suspecting female campers, especially since they all went in together. So yes, I do see this as a theory how someone could so closely stick to the timeframe we've been given with no one else seeing them....if camper 1 didn't show up at 4:35AM, I would think differently because that would have left plenty of time for them to get out of there without being noticed.

And as others have pointed out, by time LE arrived on scene, so would have most of the campers... So... Chaos.

Also, it looks to me like the tool the perp is carrying is a hatcher or small pick ax/rock pick, both which would do some serious damage if the perp snuck up on her and hit her in the head.

Is it me. Or is LE lying about the parking lot cameras and some others not working?

Imo. They had a feeling that the perp may come back as a concerned citizen.

So is LE lying about the cameras to make some feel comfortable in order to get volunteer information from any that may be involved but thought they were not seen?

So maybe LE lied to catch flies off guard with honey. Instead of interrogation.

The sweet talking cop always gets their man or perp to fumble the ball. Jmo.

I'm not being argumentative, I swear! But, what would those reasons be? I'm genuinely curious because I would think it would be easier to identify two people rather than one if they are acquainted or a couple. I would think that if LE had a second person on the footage, they would have absolutely released it. Let's just say that my husband is on this footage and it's released to the public. It would take something very specific to bring him into people's minds. But if I'm there and they have my little mannerisms AND his....I would think it would bring us to mind easier. Maybe I'm not explaining that right though?!

No, I have never even considered a second person on site.
Thats why i asked whether people thought two people at the church or two people involved in planning
There has been nothing that made me feel that two people were in the church when Missy arrived, and I was curious about what it was that made others think of that.
Sometimes its hard to tell how someone arrived at something based on a post

If it were a hit and two people were involved and you were investigating that angle maybe the person who hired the hit would feel more at ease if they believed the perps had not been identified. This would give LE more time to figure out possibly who had hired the hit and possibly build up the case with more leads from the public. jMO a far fetched and most certainly unlikely theory. But it does look like the perp was using one of those shoulder walkies to talk to someone.

Midlothian [Texas] police confirm that cameras outside of Creekside Church where fitness instructor Missy Bevers was killed weren’t functioning the day of her death.

This is why I think it is possible that two ppl broke into the church

Late to the game and just finished reading all the threads (*WHEW*). I cannot accept the theory that this was just a random burglary gone bad or some teen playing some "game." It's too coincidental that this disguised person just happened to break into the church and wander around on the morning after Missi posts she will be there and the class has moved inside due to rain. The get up that the perp is wearing is FAR too much for a simple burglary; a ski mask would have sufficed if he or she was just there to rob the place (and seriously...why go through the trouble of this bulky disguise only to rob a....church?) and didn't want to be seen. It totally seems like the perp was familiar with the church and was just trying to stage things to make it look like a break in. A generic burglar probably would have just run away has he or she heard someone coming in.

I think the person was there with the very distinct purpose to attack and kill Missi and it seems now LE believes the same thing. The question of course WHY?

:welcome: I agree that the disguise was too bulky for robbery, but for a murder it is almost perfect (except for ease of a getaway - unless there was no getaway). I see RPG behavior too. And, the million dollar question, why?

This case has me like :rollercoaster: and then :maddening:and I'm always :websleuther: and sometimes :gaah: As soon as I think I have it figured out, it all changes in my mind. :shame:

And as others have pointed out, by time LE arrived on scene, so would have most of the campers... So... Chaos.

I remember seeing in Missy's FB post before it was removed and I am paraphrasing here one of the campers asking if she (the camper) was in the right place because there were police cars etc in the parking lot. I believe that was the last post on her rain or shine post. Again I can't post it because it has since been removed. But it was in the comments.

No, I have never even considered a second person on site.
Thats why i asked whether people thought two people at the church or two people involved in planning
There has been nothing that made me feel that two people were in the church when Missy arrived, and I was curious about what it was that made others think of that.
Sometimes its hard to tell how someone arrived at something based on a post

:seeya: We need cameras AND microphones. Personally, I feel there is just one bad person. But, with us only having 2 minutes of about 30 minutes of CCTV, that leaves us with more questions than answers, and I can see why posters think there could be two bad people.

I swear that person in the video walked just like I did when I was really pregnant.

Could all that swat gear hide a pregnancy?

Pretty far fetched I know.

There goes our gal.

Thanks Tricia for Websleuths. It's always an honor when the owner jumps in to conversate.

Many hugs here. I just wish Websleuths was a curriculum in all law schools as well as other schools to show how all types of perps think. Because this site definitely gives legal and safety advice. Jmo.

Good job for accomplishing a good criminal forum that outted and is recognized more than any others. Jmo

Thanks.

:loveyou: ALL of you! I'm so proud to be a part of Websleuths! You guys rock!

So, this is the first time I've looked at the google earth image. I CAN see how early camper would have parked on side under awning area and not see a car drive out. If you are on that side of the church, you may not fully see the drive, especially if perp had lights off and it was pouring rain and they were looking at their phone not really paying attention.

But then I still question why early camper didn't see MB's dome light on in her truck for 30 minutes with no activity and not think, that's weird....and maybe they did but I wouldn't think murder either if that was happening.

And on the timeline...if perp killed MB let's say 4:26 (within 10 minutes after she arrived), they could still have time to get away before camper #1 came. But if camper parked, we have to remember the first call didn't come in until 5AM. That gave perp PLENTY of time to get away. But...only if no one else pulled into the driveway between 4:35AM and let's say 4:50AM....that's a huge risk perp was willing to take with only one way in and out.

My other thought was they had a 4wheeler parked behind church and a truck parked elsewhere. They could easily ATV to truck, pull ATV in back and drive away. A dirt bike would be the same. Google Earth doesn't make it look like there is really a lot of dirt trails to choose from and IF perp is female...this would surprise me. I'm very outdoorsy and could load an ATV, etc, but it's a lot of work I would rather leave up to hubby.

I'm still going with the "they didn't leave" theory....mainly because it was pouring rain. That adds a lot of hard to deal with factors into the getaway, muddddyyyyy being one of them.

I soooo hope they catch the person soon. The calmness they portrayed just scares the s**** out of me. But, we should also remember, what makes sense to us will NOT make sense to them. They are flat out crazyyyyyyy.
At the first news conf, Capt said that Missy was unloading her veh, (I took as still in the process). And also said that 1st camper arrived at 435am and waited for others to arrive. Then stated that they all went in and 1st camper is who found and 2 911 calls were made.

The way it was stated by Captain, to me it is unclear how many THEY are. More than 1 for sure. But, for the class to suppose to START at 5, common sense shows they went into the building prior to 5am. I can see arriving early (I am always hate being late) its pouring rain. So you would tend to park near the awning to keep from getting as wet and more lit up. We dont know what time the next camper (s) arrive, only the first. Nor do we know if the first was alone or with someone, but I took that was alone. Its stated by Captain the FIRST camper found Missy, but we dont know where the OTHERS were, they could be looking for her else where. If had been all together, they would have found as a group, right? Also it was said by the sis in law that someone called MB mother in law, as well as someone calling BB. So there are people in that group that knew MB well enough to have those other phone numbers. I personally, at this time dont think the first camper had anything to do with. Also as I have stated prior. Depending on how many were with the group, they all went inside and were not focused on the one way in/out drive. VERY probable that if the murder was parked out back where damage done, that where was parked and very easily went back out and drove off without any trying to evade the campers. They were inside and none the wiser to be looking for someone to leave. First responders were there very fast. And after the locating of MB everyone was or had to be freaked everything happened at that point very fast. Mother in law was called and if iirc 530 is when the sis in law as called. JMHO

There goes our gal.

Thanks Tricia for Websleuths. It's always an honor when the owner jumps in to conversate.

Many hugs here. I just wish Websleuths was a curriculum in all law schools as well as other schools to show how all types of perps think. Because this site definitely gives legal and safety advice. Jmo.

Good job for accomplishing a good criminal forum that outted and is recognized more than any others. Jmo

Thanks.

I concur. I will admit that I already had my FB site in lockdown but after this happened, I tightened the reigns even more and have advised many friends and family members to stop over sharing their whereabouts or plans for the entire world to see.

I remember seeing in Missy's FB post before it was removed and I am paraphrasing here one of the campers asking if she (the camper) was in the right place because there were police cars etc in the parking lot. I believe that was the last post on her rain or shine post. Again I can't post it because it has since been removed. But it was in the comments.

I remember seeing something about that post too. I don't remember where I saw it but there was a crime blog somewhere on the web that had a screenshot of it before it (the post) was deleted. Still, I'm sure the scene was probably chaotic considering that the campers thought it was an "accident" & no one had realized MB was murdered until EMS arrived on scene and noticed signs of a struggle/broken glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member