TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone might do that while waiting if that someone were young, angry, and bored (main reason). I believe he knew the cameras were recording him in the hallways (that's why the actual murder was not recorded - I believe it was purposely out of camera range, as was his exit). He may or may not have been trying to stage a burglary. Fact is, he'd already burgled by breaking and entering, so I'm not getting too drawn in to the staged/not staged battle. What is clear from the video is that this wandering was half-hearted (nothing gathered up, interior locks not breached like the exterior one), and completely secondary to the event he was waiting for.

IMO.

It occurred to me that maybe he staged the scene for Missy - the whole "m'am there's been a break in" thing.

I remember seeing something about that post too. I don't remember where I saw it but there was a crime blog somewhere on the web that had a screenshot of it before it was deleted. Still, I'm sure the scene was probably chaotic considering that the campers thought it was an "accident" & no one had realized MB was murdered until EMS arrived on scene and noticed signs of a struggle/broken glass.

Exactly. And by that time the perp / possible camper could have left saying they had to get home to the kid(s) before there Spouse left for work. Duffel bag in hand or in trunk and no one would have even known.

Midlothian [Texas] police confirm that cameras outside of Creekside Church where fitness instructor Missy Bevers was killed weren’t functioning the day of her death.

This is why I think it is possible that two ppl broke into the church

I sure would hate to be the person responsible for making sure the cameras were functioning at the church, or turned on, etc, if indeed LE is being truthful about the cameras not functioning that awful morning...

I have a problem with the hammer ! Of course, there have been many murders by hammer. But that seems to be more of a last resort/spur of the moment/ convenience type of weapon. Argument breaks out, here's a hammer in the garage to grab, etc. I don't know how many well planned, choreographed murders have been committed by a hammer. This perp went to a lot of trouble to nail down details to the T , so why a hammer and not something faster, more definite like a gun. I realize at this point we do not know the murder weapon, but I think many of us, myself included , are speculating it is that hammer. So A) either the hammer is NOT the murder weapon but was just used to gain entry to the building and bust it up a bit and a gun was used for the murder or B ) they wanted the personal, up close and intimate experience of murder by hammer :(

Or C. The perp has a Thor obsession?

I'm partially joking. With this case, who knows?

Exactly. And by that time the perp / possible camper could have left saying they had to get home to the kid(s) before there Spouse left for work. Duffel bag in hand or in trunk and no one would have even known.

IMO, it would have been noted if someone left.

If this is a man dressed all bad-*advertiser censored* in swat gear, it would be highly insulting to read LE thinks you look like a woman. And maybe that's why LE said it. :thinking:

Late to the game and just finished reading all the threads (*WHEW*). I cannot accept the theory that this was just a random burglary gone bad or some teen playing some "game." It's too coincidental that this disguised person just happened to break into the church and wander around on the morning after Missi posts she will be there and the class has moved inside due to rain. The get up that the perp is wearing is FAR too much for a simple burglary; a ski mask would have sufficed if he or she was just there to rob the place (and seriously...why go through the trouble of this bulky disguise only to rob a....church?) and didn't want to be seen. It totally seems like the perp was familiar with the church and was just trying to stage things to make it look like a break in. A generic burglar probably would have just run away has he or she heard someone coming in.

I think the person was there with the very distinct purpose to attack and kill Missi and it seems now LE believes the same thing. The question of course WHY?

Lol. Agree. Any burglar comes prepare to outrun LE if need be. But this perp looked like they needed a wheelchair or shopping cart just to stake out the place. Lol

A true burglar would have just wrote a bad check at Walmart while getting cash back and dealing with the backlash later.

Btw. The helmet would mean that a perp knows exactly where the safe or money is at. But this perp has a helmet on and just strolling around with limited hearing and peripheral vision due to the helmet.

But they heard and spotted Missy and chased her down while they were wearing humongous boots with a limp and a extra 50lbs in tools and clothing.

While she was fit and obviously could have out ran them.

So this tells us that she was targeted.

Btw. Premeditated murder only takes 1 minute to decide.

Leave now while she doesn't know who I am. Or kill her.

I swear that person in the video walked just like I did when I was really pregnant.

Could all that swat gear hide a pregnancy?

Pretty far fetched I know.

What doesn't make sense to me (other than the obvious) is if you are wearing something ill fitting or say big preg... its one thing to be walking around as in the video. But after the confrontation (LEO says apparent struggle) .. all that whether ill fitting clothing/shoes and or off balance physical trait, it would make a quick exit bothersome. (maybe trip and fall?helment come off? glove came off or dropped? Torn fabric? Hopefully that caused the perp to leave something not meaning to in departure. JMHO. Praying big time wasn't preg. If so that could also cause premature labor, all that activity and stress and so forth.

Midlothian [Texas] police confirm that cameras outside of Creekside Church where fitness instructor Missy Bevers was killed weren’t functioning the day of her death.

This is why I think it is possible that two ppl broke into the church

How did they know exactly when Missy arrived at and entered into the church?

Are many convinced this was a botched robbery? I don't think so. I have been reading all day and finally had to skip ahead to post a thought that I had. In thread #2, someone here had posted how they noticed how methodically the killer was sweeping the outer rooms, on the side of the building that was opened and where Missy would soon be parked. Others have posted about how the breaking of glass was a random staging of a burglary. I don't know if anyone posted this idea in the past 30 pages I jumped, but I think the killer was intentionally opening every unlocked door, intentionally breaking every window of the "unlocked" doors. The killer even gave up on the doors he/she couldn't pry open. The killer knew if he/she couldn't pry it open, Missy wasn't getting in there either. I think the killer was planning in case Missy escaped him/her. If the killer opened every single unlocked door, the killer would know which room Missy was hiding in. The killer also broke the glass on every window to make certain Missy couldn't lock the door behind her. Very sinister and seems it's straight out of a horror movie. There was no way she was getting away from this monster. This person was not looking for items to steal and was carefully planning in case things went awry. IMO.

This theory could explain something that has puzzled us....what we thought was a half-hearted attempt at breaking a lock in the surveillance tape may have been the perp disabling it. MOO

That was actually my first thought when I watched the video too. But...in one video, perp turns to the side and from that angle, it doesn't really look like a belly.....but, I too have that thought as a possibility.
Yes I agree, especially after seeing the view from the side they are not as pudgy as first seems. Also they are carrying some stuff in their vest or pockets. The pry bar is pulled out and put back inside the vest I believe. The white box shaped item may also be stuffed in their vest. I would expect any one who is pretending to be a cop and who has plans to attack or kill someone to also have a firearm. Add to that the weight of a bullet proof vest and the shields over their shins and boots, maybe even steel toe boots, all can affect their walk. A post earlier said their husband walks like that when wearing boots but not sneakers.

But....between EMSA and Fire, could that person have slipped away before Cops got there to stop anyone from leaving? At first everyone just thought accident....(I can't remember the timeline of who showed first, EMSA, Cops, etc.

All I know is this: her husband (or someone with her Facebook password) changed her profile from active to "remembering" before 3 days had passed since her death. I lost my husband almost 5 years ago, and it took me MONTHS to summon the strength to do that. You're acknowledging that person is gone. I couldn't come to terms with that so soon. And before her page was changed, I scrolled through her photos, looking for a pic of she & her husband together (at that time I didn't even know what he looked like). It took quite a bit of scrolling before I found one. After the page was changed, a prominent picture of the 2 of them was placed right on the front page, as an intro picture. I hope against all hopes that her husband is not involved. My gut tells me otherwise.

But....between EMSA and Fire, could that person have slipped away before Cops got there to stop anyone from leaving? At first everyone just thought accident....(I can't remember the timeline of who showed first, EMSA, Cops, etc.

Possibly, but LE would have been given names etc and would have spoken to everyone who was there.
LE does have the video... the walk

Sorry let me clarify my statement, trying to work and stay caught up is a difficult task. if the perp was a camper, they could have given their info to police, maybe even given a statement to LE but I believe by the time the LE realized it was more than a burglary gone bad in my opinion the campers had given their statements and were released from the scene. Especially if it were one saying they had to hurry home...

BB and his family all stated that BB's fishing trip is an annual one, but what I would like to know is if he goes alone or with a regular set of buddies?

We cannot sleuth Missy's husband or friends and we can only discuss what MSM has reported. Missy's MIL was on Nancy Grace earlier this week and said the following:

TUCKER: That is correct. This has been planned. He`s done this for about three years in a row. He`s done it every year and looks forward to it. They were actually delayed one day but they went ahead and went because of the weather and the ocean, wherever they were going.

GRACE: Was it one of those charter boats?

TUCKER: It is a charter boat, but I`m just not sure who it was. It was one of our vendors that had you know.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1604/25/ng.01.html

How did they know exactly when Missy arrived at and entered into the church?

The cameras inside were motion activated and it is my understanding that when she opened the door and went inside, that's how they knew she was there at 4:16AM. Now...if outside cameras were not working (which I personally do not know if LE is being true on that) who is to say she didn't show up earlier and sit in the drive for awhile???

Is the pressure mounting on the suspect??

Here is the latest press release from Midlothian PD. I am speculating that the "rumor" is being addressed to scare the perp.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10154093370672359&id=195047007358

For future reference I will copy paste:

Midlothian Police Department
1 hr · (Wed April 27, 2016 12:52pm Central time)
UPDATE ON THE TERRI "MISSY" BEVERS INVESTIGATION
MIDLOTHIAN, TEXAS: [April 27, 2016, 1240 PM CST] We are aware of a rumor that has circulated through social media regarding an arrest in the Terri “Missy” Bevers murder investigation. We have received numerous inquiries from both the media and the public about this misinformation. While we look forward to the day when we can announce an arrest, the rumor that circulated is unfortunately false.
The speed with which this rumor circulated is no doubt fueled by public concern and the uneasiness that our community feels and will likely continue to feel until Missy’s killer is captured. We share the community’s sense of urgency. We continue to work diligently and collaborate with our investigative partners to bring this killer to justice.
This investigation is still very much on-going. Due to the active nature of the investigation, we are not releasing any details not already released. Investigators are continuing to follow leads and conduct interviews in hopes that information may be gleaned that will help us identify Missy’s killer.
Many requests have been received asking for investigators to comment on the particular aspects of this crime. Again, we will not speculate or put forth any one theory over another until we have sufficient grounds to do so. There are many unanswered questions in this case and we look forward to learning answers to these questions. We pray that when Missy’s killer is captured, that day will bring peace to Missy’s family, friends the Midlothian community overall. Until then we will relentlessly follow wherever the evidence may lead.
Anyone with information, regardless of how insignificant the lead might seem, is asked to contact a tip line that has been set up to catalog all incoming tips at 972-775-7624. Tipsters can also remain anonymous by contacting Ellis County Crime Stoppers at 972-937-PAYS (7297). Oak Farms Dairy has offered a $10,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and grand jury indictment of the person or persons responsible for Mrs. Bevers’ death.

There goes our gal.

Thanks Tricia for Websleuths. It's always an honor when the owner jumps in to conversate.

Many hugs here. I just wish Websleuths was a curriculum in all law schools as well as other schools to show how all types of perps think. Because this site definitely gives legal and safety advice. Jmo.

Good job for accomplishing a good criminal forum that outted and is recognized more than any others. Jmo

Thanks.

I concur. I will admit that I already had my FB site in lockdown but after this happened, I tightened the reigns even more and have advised many friends and family members to stop over sharing their whereabouts or plans for the entire world to see.

Agree absolutely! :loveyou: And, that is what a good friend does... Maybe it just does not strike some people that using FB can be dangerous. Maybe Missy was pure of heart and believed everyone else was too?

Going forward I hope the trainers of Camp Gladiator will only allow members on the list to access their FB CG page. Maybe that is playing it too safe? At least a potential perp would know they are on a list somewhere, and soon the POlice will be coming for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member