TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I know is this: her husband (or someone with her Facebook password) changed her profile from active to "remembering" before 3 days had passed since her death. I lost my husband almost 5 years ago, and it took me MONTHS to summon the strength to do that. You're acknowledging that person is gone. I couldn't come to terms with that so soon. And before her page was changed, I scrolled through her photos, looking for a pic of she & her husband together (at that time I didn't even know what he looked like). It took quite a bit of scrolling before I found one. After the page was changed, a prominent picture of the 2 of them was placed right on the front page, as an intro picture. I hope against all hopes that her husband is not involved. My gut tells me otherwise.

And *someone* was posting jokes and memes on his page right after her death. I won't say who, because it violates TOS. It was incredibly vulgar and cringe-worthy. I'm not inferring anyone as a suspect, but the behavior was gross.

Sorry let me clarify my statement, trying to work and stay caught up is a difficult task. if the perp was a camper, they could have given their info to police, maybe even given a statement to LE but I believe by the time the LE realized it was more than a burglary gone bad in my opinion the campers had given their statements and were released from the scene. Especially if it were one saying they had to hurry home...

Likely
They released everyone
But I have a feeling everyone has been investigated
And we don't know what LE may have

This would have been messy

Agree absolutely! :loveyou: And, that is what a good friend does... Maybe it just does not strike some people that using FB can be dangerous. Maybe Missy was pure of heart and believed everyone else was too?

Going forward I hope the trainers of Camp Gladiator will only allow members on the list to access their FB CG page. Maybe that is playing it too safe? At least a potential perp would know they are on a list somewhere, and soon the POlice will be coming for you.

Missy's MIL has said that Missy was very trusting. I think Missy probably was a very loving and open person.

First killing her outside would not have increased his chances of revealing his license plate number, more then killing her inside and then walking out side and getting into his vehicle.

If you are killing someone from your car in the parking lot, you have to have your car in the parking lot to kill them in the parking lot versus on foot where you can be dropped off or parked elsewhere outside of the view of the on-scene exterior security cameras. That is why your chances increase as you by necessity have to put your vehicle in there. If you're inside, it doesn't mean you actually parked in the church parking lot to get there.

Also since the parking lot would have been empty, there would have been no more witnesses outside, then inside. I doubt the car parked in the parking lot would have caused her to leave. More then likely his car was in the parking lot, but she went in anyway.

We know that a camper arrived early in the parking lot itself plus anyone who was driving on highway would have visibility to the church and seeing any sort of bright flash happening at a church early in the morning would instantly get driver's radar up. Shooting someone in the dark out in the open is very dangerous because you don't know for instance that there isn't some LE patrolling the highway and sees and recognizes that a gunshot went off at a unusual location during an unusual time who can both outgun you themself as well as call in loads of backup and trap you off from any foot or vehicular escape. If it happens inside you eliminate that variable so you don't have to worry about LE, truckers, others attached to CG, etc. seeing something as even if it was unlikely a highly driver would be a witness (which I think it would be), that is still a needless variable that can be completely eliminated by doing it indoors. If I was paid to kill someone, I would never kill someone in an open area in nearby plain view to a highway with a firearm because it presents a variable that does not have to be there.

You do make a very excellent point that she would have been more on guard outside. I hadn’t thought about that. But if he tried to shoot her outside, I don’t think she would have had a chance anyway, even if she tried to run. She couldn’t have outrun bullets. But if he wasn’t armed with a gun (so far I haven’t heard any evidence that he was), then an outside attack would have been more problematic.

Killing someone from a car with a pistol is actually quite challenging, whether the car is moving or stationary. Even though the bullets are fast, you are in an awkward position holding a weapon that recoils while if you're the driver shooting that further complicates things even if the car is stopped. Look for instance at the Tammy Meyers case where a whole clip was emptied just to get on hit in and that was done by the passenger in the vehicle with a stopped car. Think about this geographically where if you pull up next to the truck, you're at a very bad angle where Missy has semi-cover from the large vehicle itself being a big barrier to bullets, while if you drove up in front of the vehicle Missy is going to notice that someone is driving up putting her on notice where she could flee as soon as she sees the gun and could find temporary cover behind her truck requiring the perp's vehicle to either pull around while she has the chance to flee or this becoming a shooting on foot with all this potentially being recorded showing that it was a clear assassination. If you drive up behind the vehicle like from having been parked in the back, then you also encounter similar problems plus Missy would instantly suspect a vehicle that comes out of nowhere and starts driving right to her. If they parked in any of these scenarios where they are stopped anywhere around the car for all they would know this is being recorded and it would look like an obvious hit. Things that don't show this being an obvious hit are things that decrease accuracy and likelihood of success, while the more you eliminate the various things that could [severely] hamper accuracy outdoors, the more you are potentially leaving recorded evidence that it was an obvious hit. Actually come to think about it, I would think LE would find it very suspicious that someone had the ability to be so accurate that they could simultaneously drive their car around an obstacle (Missy's truck) while using their other hand to shoot at Missy in the dark while it's raining would terrify local LE that someone highly professional in the art of killing was involved if they were to drive through the porte cochere while shooting and made a successful hit in such challenging shooting conditions.

Thanks for your comments. It gives me more to think about. This makes me think that he just didn’t have access to a gun. But if someone is planning a murder, I would think that would be the #1 thing on their wish list.

I do think a firearm was involved in some way (due to ATF and US Marshals agreeing to take it on plus the use of the accelerant K9), though it may not have been the actual cause of death.

How did they know exactly when Missy arrived at and entered into the church?

They could have seen her in the video in another part of the church. They said the motion activated cameras time stamp the movements then stop when no one activates them by movement . They said she wasn't in the church for a long time until she was murdered. JMO

Understood. For me, the timing and the staging are very questionable. I looked at the Google Earth images and I still can't figure out how the perp got away. There is one way in and one way out of the parking lot (which is very large) and even though the main road is most likely very dark at that time of morning, if camper #1 and maybe #2 were there, they would have noticed someone leaving?

JMO

ETA: https://www.google.com/maps/@32.445953,-96.9247135,3a,15y,21.36h,87.32t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sjK-O4KXGkc8fz4YLqQc78A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1?hl=en

Not necessarily. Not if he exited by way of the opposite side of the building from where Missy's car was unloading and campers were parking (Porte cochere side, and I'll just call it that since my earlier N/W/S/E labels were not helpful due to the angled siting of the building).

If he jumped out that broken window on the side opposite the Porte cochere side still wearing his dark SWAT clothes (maybe even ripping off the white lettered Velcro-attached POLICE patch), and ran for cover into the vegetation off the end of that part of the property (maybe even a bike hidden there?), he would not have been seen by campers on the opposite side of the lot, as the building would've obscured their view.

I don't tend to believe he drove a hidden car off the lot through that sole driveway, as that would've been more risky. However, with a young, cocky suspect, I suppose it's possible he did while the campers were inside calling 911, before emergency vehicles got dispatched.

I concur. I will admit that I already had my FB site in lockdown but after this happened, I tightened the reigns even more and have advised many friends and family members to stop over sharing their whereabouts or plans for the entire world to see.

Agree. This whole internet and cell phone things have people forgetting how to actually be safe while congregating.

They make people stop the one on one conversation or post card while putting whatever you mention for all to see. Jmo

When it takes you to the end of the thread, if you quoted someone, just hit the little arrows button beside their name (in the quote) and it will take you back to where you were. :)

trying your tip right now! tyvm...

Likely
They released everyone
But I have a feeling everyone has been investigated
And we don't know what LE may have

This would have been messy

I believe it still is. MHO

I have a solution for that too. After you return to your posted reply, click on the little "View Post" icon in the quote part, to take you back to the post you were responding to. :thumb:

Thanks!

If this is a man dressed all bad-*advertiser censored* in swat gear, it would be highly insulting to read LE thinks you look like a woman. And maybe that's why LE said it. :thinking:

Yep, yep, yep! I don't know for sure, but it could have been a Websleuther that pointed out that it could be a woman once the video was released and LE had to backwalk their original statement of a male perp?

Also, it looks to me like the tool the perp is carrying is a hatcher or small pick ax/rock pick, both which would do some serious damage if the perp snuck up on her and hit her in the head.
IMO they are carrying breaching tools like these, definitely could do damage.50267_999_01.jpg

I took the first part of their statement to be of greater interest. What rumor of an arrest was circulating? I have been reading Facebook posts, Twitter feeds... no rumor of an arrest. So a part of me wonders if LE is putting it out there about this rumor of an arrest to see how the suspect(s) reacts.

Yeah, that came out of left field

I must admit. Once I switched from the old roller phones to cell phones; I can now no longer memorize any body's phone number.

The automatic contact list on my phone has dumbed me down. Lol.

Did you skip push button phones entirely? Lol

They looked through the window of a room that showed the parking lot. Or they had a getaway driver on the side of the road that Missy would travel. And the driver 2 wayed them.

Or maybe they had her phone or car on gps tracking app and she didn't know. Idk. Just thoughts for now.

TTF14

When you asked how did they know when missy arrived etc... did you mean LE or the person inside the church?
I thought you meant LE

We cannot sleuth Missy's husband or friends and we can only discuss what MSM has reported. Missy's MIL was on Nancy Grace earlier this week and said the following:

TUCKER: That is correct. This has been planned. He`s done this for about three years in a row. He`s done it every year and looks forward to it. They were actually delayed one day but they went ahead and went because of the weather and the ocean, wherever they were going.

GRACE: Was it one of those charter boats?

TUCKER: It is a charter boat, but I`m just not sure who it was. It was one of our vendors that had you know.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1604/25/ng.01.html

I know I read somewhere that someone (I forget who) said this was a "bucket trip" or "bucket list trip" for him. I remember it because I had previously read this was the third year in a row. Sounds like he crossed it off his bucket list three years ago, no?

Does anyone else remember reading this? I can't find the link....I did look.

Originally Posted by interestedincases
That was actually my first thought when I watched the video too. But...in one video, perp turns to the side and from that angle, it doesn't really look like a belly.....but, I too have that thought as a possibility.

Yes I agree, especially after seeing the view from the side they are not as pudgy as first seems. Also they are carrying some stuff in their vest or pockets. The pry bar is pulled out and put back inside the vest I believe. The white box shaped item may also be stuffed in their vest. I would expect any one who is pretending to be a cop and who has plans to attack or kill someone to also have a firearm. Add to that the weight of a bullet proof vest and the shields over their shins and boots, maybe even steel toe boots, all can affect their walk. A post earlier said their husband walks like that when wearing boots but not sneakers.

I saw the same, and concluded the earlier pudgy effect in the videos was due to perp continually walking (freeze frames blurring things a bit, too). I'm now convinced this was someone quite fit (who may have even worked out at same place Missy did).

At the first press conf with Chief and Captain of CID, they stated time she "was first seen on video" so that the time I am assuming they are using. IIRC they stated entered building. Possible there is a camera pointed at that entry way or near. I would say near so that any animal moving past door outside wouldn't trip the camera on. (at work we had one alarm system that the sensitivity had to be adjusted because we had a huge field rat that set off the alarm multiple time... lol I said it goes or I go if a critter that big sets off an alarm! ) JMHO
Having said that, they would also have video of the other campers arriving if came through same door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966