TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I had read somewhere that Camp Gladiator is intended to be an outdoor workout no matter where a person attends. I had the impression that that was the way the entire program is set up. But now I can't find the link. Obviously, weather would sometimes force the workouts to be held inside or under some type of shelter because it seems that sessions aren't cancelled for bad weather.

I did find this about the equipment needed to get started:

WHAT TO BRING
To set your workout up for success, bring a fitness mat, dumbbells (5-10 lbs for women and 10-15 lbs for men), water, and a towel.

http://campgladiator.com/how-cg-works/

when i taught Girls scouts a long time ago, we paid the church for space.....

many churches allows non religious groups to increase their income

Quite right. My church serves as a community center and we have MANY community groups renting space. The "something in it for the church" is income to keep the place open.

Thanks for this link.

If I am understanding this correctly than yes they could.

The Supreme Court has also ruled that law enforcement agencies can use roadblocks to help solve specific crimes.* For example, in Illinois v. Lidster, the Court held that a police checkpoint for the purpose of gaining information about a hit-and-run accident that occurred at the same location and time of night as the checkpoint was a permissible activity. - See more at: http://traffic.findlaw.com/traffic-...cks-for-any-reason-.html#sthash.e9RZdPSd.dpuf

Thanks for this link.

If I am understanding this correctly than yes they could.

The Supreme Court has also ruled that law enforcement agencies can use roadblocks to help solve specific crimes.* For example, in Illinois v. Lidster, the Court held that a police checkpoint for the purpose of gaining information about a hit-and-run accident that occurred at the same location and time of night as the checkpoint was a permissible activity. - See more at: http://traffic.findlaw.com/traffic-...cks-for-any-reason-.html#sthash.e9RZdPSd.dpuf

I recall in the Janice murder case in Washington, police stopped the cars entering the trailer park where she lived to talk to the drivers and passengers.

I thought I had read somewhere that Camp Gladiator is intended to be an outdoor workout no matter where a person attends. I had the impression that that was the way the entire program is set up. But now I can't find the link. Obviously, weather would sometimes force the workouts to be held inside or under some type of shelter because it seems that sessions aren't cancelled for bad weather.
I did find this about the equipment needed to get started:

WHAT TO BRING
To set your workout up for success, bring a fitness mat, dumbbells (5-10 lbs for women and 10-15 lbs for men), water, and a towel.

http://campgladiator.com/how-cg-works/

Thanks for the link on what to bring, clears that up. BBM- I wonder if she was moving it inside b/c of extreme weather (thunder storms and heavy rain confirmed) and the January workout could have been b/c of the cold? I see the high that day (Jan 11 the day of the picture) was 48 and low was 29. I'm not sure if that is cold for this part of Texas or not. https://weather.com/weather/monthly/l/76065:4:US

I wonder if Gladiators required Missy to have some form of insurance ie) someone gets hurt on her watch

I also wonder if Gladiators has an umbrella policy covering their trainers or if there is an agreement they sign saying they release Gladiators (the company) from all liability should they (the trainer) or the trainee become injured during workouts

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

What interesting stuff do you catch? Is it a motion-activated cam? Are these common, i.e. would people in the area possibly have them?

Would there be any other cameras nearby or in the woods by the church?

My most memorable was a black bear just hanging out in front of my truck while I slept.

A lot of cars have them now and they are a big thing in the trucking industry now. It protects you if you are in an accident.

Mine can record in a loop while I am driving or I can save sections of it. It can also be set to snap pics of any movement in or around my truck while I am parked.

I know hunters sometimes have wildlife cams set up in woods. So if they are activated they would catch a vehicle, human or animal.
Moo

And for a well-lit parking lot with an awning and security cameras. The church's insurance company better get out its checkbook.

I'd Love to know if the cameras were disabled just for that morning or have been broken for awhile. Who would know this info? A church worker, members, Missy?
So many questions I'd love to ask.

I wonder if Gladiators required Missy to have some form of insurance ie) someone gets hurt on her watch

I also wonder if Gladiators has an umbrella policy covering their trainers or if there is an agreement they sign saying they release Gladiators (the company) from all liability should they (the trainer) or the trainee become injured during workouts

I have seen reviews saying that CG in general does exercises that are unsafe for inexperienced people and I have seen at least one review of someone at a CG camp who was unhappy where they got injured and were basically ignored. I don't know about CG's protection with workers, but it seems like with campers they sign a waiver, though for both workers and campers I don't know if it would cover something like this with the murder as I see both Creekside and CG could face liability over this. It would be good to know if CG was a commercial tenant paying to use the church property or if CG was a licensee who was allowed to operate there exclusively for their own benefit, which would have a lesser duty of care.

I found another picture from her page that is INSDIE the church (under the Holy Grounds wall) from Jan but it has a ton of people in it so I don't feel right posting it even though she has it on her public page. THIS for 1 creeped me out b/c I recognized it from the killer video and 2 tells me that anyone who has worked out with her before knows her routine for the workouts as well as the layout of the church.

IMO IMO IMO

ETA Link: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10208419000892464&set=pb.1229322185.-2207520000.1461683927.&type=3&theater I got Mod approval to direct to MB public FB.

Saw that too. I agree either the killer or/and an accomplice knew her routine and whereabouts inside the church she would be.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

It would be quite illegal for the cops to do that in the United States.

Quite often police do road stops...DUI check points, after a crime to ask if the driver might have seen something in that area on the day it occured. I myself have been through DUI check points. Also, years back I was stopped at a check point in Richmond, Virginia and asked why I was in the area (out of state tags). I told the officer I had spent the weekend visiting a friend in Glen Allen and did say while I don't mind telling the officer it did bother me a bit as it was a public road. He was very polite. I would imagine at that time when Richmond had high crime it was for crime prevention. I would not be opposed if there was a crime in my area to be stopped the day after to see if I could remember anything I saw that might help.

I know people have objections to violation of rights but the stops do happen.

I have seen reviews saying that CG in general does exercises that are unsafe for inexperienced people and I have seen at least one review of someone at a CG camp who was unhappy where they got injured and were basically ignored. I don't know about CG's protection with workers, but it seems like with campers they sign a waiver, though for both workers and campers I don't know if it would cover something like this with the murder as I see both Creekside and CG could face liability over this. It would be good to know if CG was a commercial tenant paying to use the church property or if CG was a licensee who was allowed to operate there exclusively for their own benefit, which would have a lesser duty of care.

Jesus, I hope neither the church nor CG end up getting sued for this. Hardly their fault some nutter decided to SWAT in and kill someone, regardless of whether the CCTV was working. Seriously?

Brought over from previous thread, AmandaSkis posted:

Why Federal Agencies??

I am still convinced that Missy was the target (vs theories of burglary or some kind of terrorism).

Having said that, I think we are missing a HUGE part of the case when I think about the involvement of three FEDERAL agencies, the US Marshals, the FBI, and the ATF.

Was the suspect already under surveillance by one of these federal agencies?

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2016...targeted.html/

I was thinking about this, too. FBI especially. I know they play a role in hunting fugitives. If they had a suspect on the run (that they're keeping mum about), I wonder if this would explain, in part, their involvement. There has not been an officially named suspect, so I guess I'm technically referring to a POI, instead. (Would they get involved with a strongly suspected POI hunt if it were also related to 'violent crime'?) Thinking there is maybe some leeway, especially if local authorities have expressed interest in receiving their help.

The reason I ask is because what if one of her students injured themselves and their (the injured) insurance won't cover them or they don't have insurance...ie surgery for a torn meniscus
What's the injured person supposed to do?

It would be wise for LE to check if there are any ongoing litigation
cases involing Missy or with her insurance. And if I had been Missy, no way would I want that fact (getting sued) to get around.

Brought over from previous thread, AmandaSkis posted:

I was thinking about this, too. FBI especially. I know they play a role in hunting fugitives. If they had a suspect on the run (that they're keeping mum about), I wonder if this would explain, in part, their involvement. There has not been an officially named suspect, so I guess I'm technically referring to a POI, instead. (Would they get involved with a strongly suspected POI hunt if it were also related to 'violent crime'?) Thinking there is maybe some leeway, especially if local authorities have expressed interest in receiving their help.

Could it be because part of the investigation crosses state lines. Into, say, Biloxi perhaps?

Good sleuthing. So, that answers one of my questions....have any of the campers been inside the church before?

Thanks.

Good question and you have me thinking. WS is becoming a very well known group. We're all over the place. It would be so great if LE would allow us to issue questions ! Tricia could send them and then we'll see if we get any answers. The questions they don't answer are just as telling as the ones they do, as you all know. Pity!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966