TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't find anything else but in the banner news along the bottom. I don't hear Nancy Grace say anything about it either.

"police nail down husband's fishing alibi"

http://www.hlntv.com/shows/nancy-gr...26/was-missy-bevers-murdered-by-jealous-woman

Although I didn't watch the show, I believe that would have been breaking news. Maybe there was more to the banner about how they were still working on nailing down the alibi. As of Friday, the police stated in the last presser and I am paraphrasing because I am at work and don't have time to find the link, but in the Q & A they asked if they had ruled out BB, if he was still a suspect. And the Kevin said no one has been ruled out at this time, but mr Bevers is cooperating.

Although I didn't watch the show, I believe that would have been breaking news. Maybe there was more to the banner about how they were still working on nailing down the alibi. As of Friday, the police stated in the last presser and I am paraphrasing because I am at work and don't have time to find the link, but in the Q & A they asked if they had ruled out BB, if he was still a suspect. And the Kevin said no one has been ruled out at this time, but mr Bevers is cooperating.

In my opinion, not much that Nancy Grace reports can ever be considered breaking news. I think her show used that banner to draw attention and possibly controversy. I just posted the transcript from the show upthread. I watched the show and Nancy's producer stated that the police were still confirming the fishing trip alibi, but it wasn't a direct quote from the police. I think the producer was probably using information from last week if I had to guess.

In my opinion, not much that Nancy Grace reports can ever be considered breaking news. I think her show used that banner to draw attention and possibly controversy. I just posted the transcript from the show upthread. I watched the show and Nancy's producer stated that the police were still confirming the fishing trip alibi, but it wasn't a direct quote from the police. I think the producer was probably using information from last week if I had to guess.
Very good point!!!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

IMO, the police were ABUNDANTLY clear at the presser last Friday that they have not named any suspects or persons of interest, nor have they ruled out anyone at all.

Now, this statement by the police could be absolutely true at face value, meaning they still don't have any idea who committed the crime.

OR, they may have people in mind but they want to put that person (those people) at ease and lull them into thinking the police aren't on their tails.

Only the shadow knows.

<modsnip>

I agree. People are usually cleared or charged ASAP so they can get on with the investigation, right?

I agree. People are usually cleared or charged ASAP so they can get on with the investigation, right?

Not necessarily.

I'm quite sure there are several people working on the investigation so checking the alibi of one person will not slow the progress in looking elsewhere at the same time, ykwim?

JMO

It was on his FB which is (or at least was) public. If it someone who knows the couple I'd say it was pretty easy to work out where each would be and when. And they'd know that because BB was away the oldest daughter would be babysitting and wouldn't be able to accompany Missy.

I'm still shocked at how many adults (who should know better) post so many things publicly on Facebook. Smh [emoji20]

Do we know if the campers that found MB and called 911 stayed on the scene for LE to arrive?

Jesus, I hope neither the church nor CG end up getting sued for this. Hardly their fault some nutter decided to SWAT in and kill someone, regardless of whether the CCTV was working. Seriously?

Actually that depends. Having experienced it first hand with a family business that has owned commercial real estate, there is what is called premises liability where various levels of duty of care are owed to those using the property. Business can be and are held liable for crimes committed on their premises if it is considered that they didn't exercise a proper duty of care to the users of the premises. Employers just as well can be held liable for their employees experiencing workplace violence, which to me it sounds like CG operates by placing their trainers in a dangerous situation by having them all alone outside early in the morning in commercial areas where trainers could be raped, mugged or murdered, which employers being required to protect their employees from workplace violence is covered by OSHA. If you don't want to see murders like this happening again, it would be a matter of good public policy to encourage large commercial buildings to have security systems and as such courts have ruled liability for buildings that didn't do that, which if an alarm had gone off the police could have been there and secured the place before Missy even arrived and she could still be alive today. This actually goes into detail on Texas premises liability and in Texas there is even what's called the necessary-use exception, which for instance even if Missy known it was dangerous to use that premises alone and without a security system early in the morning, it wouldn't automatically absolve the landlord of liability:
http://www.mccathernlaw.com/17-news...rt-issues-landmark-premises-liability-opinion

I like lists. This one is with the assumption the murder was a targeted crime against Missy, not another crime interrupted.

* Perp knew when Missy would be at the church.
* Perp possibly (probably?) knew Missy's husband would be out of town.
* Perp dressed to conceal identity and possibly to prevent injuries to self.
* Perp arrived well before Missy, wandered around bldg, yet was at the right place in the church to ambush her when Missy arrived.
* First camper arrived about 15 minutes after Missy did. (Is that right?), which was about 25 minutes early for class.
* Perp committed crime and disappeared without being seen by anyone or by any camera (as far as we know). No traces left behind, such as clothing or weapons (as far as we know).
* 911 was called at 5am, the time class was to start.

<modsnip>

There are too many moving parts to clear anyone this quickly, I believe. Does anyone know if the Midlo P.D. has made any warnings to the public to beware, lock your doors b/c there is a mad-man or woman on the loose? I have not seen any warnings like this.

There are too many moving parts to clear anyone this quickly, I believe. Does anyone know if the Midlo P.D. has made any warnings to the public to beware, lock your doors b/c there is a mad-man or woman on the loose? I have not seen any warnings like this.

No they have not.

I like lists. This one is with the assumption the murder was a targeted crime against Missy, not another crime interrupted.

* Perp knew when Missy would be at the church.
* Perp possibly (probably?) knew Missy's husband would be out of town.
* Perp dressed to conceal identity and possibly to prevent injuries to self.
* Perp arrived well before Missy, wandered around bldg, yet was at the right place in the church to ambush her when Missy arrived.
* First camper arrived about 15 minutes after Missy did. (Is that right?), which was about 25 minutes early for class.
* Perp committed crime and disappeared without being seen by anyone or by any camera (as far as we know). No traces left behind, such as clothing or weapons (as far as we know).
* 911 was called at 5am, the time class was to start.

perp stood around reading bullentin board before crime

People seem to ask in almost every case if LE has issued a warning to the public, but I have very rarely heard of that happening in any case I've followed. I think it's very unusual for police to issue that kind of warning unless there's an active shooter situation happening or something similar.

People seem to ask in almost every case if LE has issued a warning to the public, but I have very rarely heard of that happening in any case I've followed. I think it's very unusual for police to issue that kind of warning unless there's an active shooter situation happening or something similar.

I believe the media has asked LE if people in Midlothian are safe from this perp and LE has said they are

I believe the media has asked LE if people in Midlothian are safe from this perp and LE has said they are

But I think we have to keep in mind that LE does not want to start a panic in the town. They don't necessarily know what they are dealing with, but I think they are assuming that people who live in Midlothian are going to use their own common sense and take precautions as needed for their own homes and families.

Yes I would think so.

Clearing people is more complicated that it would seem. Someone might not fit the physical description of the suspect portrayed in the video, and so the police could say "We have established that person 'X' could not be the person in the video because he is too tall." But that doesn't mean that person 'X' was not involved in the crime somehow.

This particular crime is an enigma. Let's say the police know for certain who the suspect in the video is. Did he/she act alone? Was it a conspiracy? How many people were involved?

So they might be able to answer the first "who" question, but they want to answer the other questions before they make a move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member