TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, murdered in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #36

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, or maybe not. I remind myself that these were allegations that BB made, not the result of LE's investigations.

I do find the wording of the affidavit interesting. It refers to the alleged KC affair that MB "was having". If that wording was intentional and accurate, it implies something that was ongoing up to the time of her death.

We also know that KS said she knew of an affair from "a year and a half" earlier. So, was the earlier affair with KC and then they picked it up again (or possibly never stopped but just became more discreet), or was it a different affair altogether?

I will admit that despite my vocal support for the "untargeted" theory, this information about an ALLEGED affair with KC does give me a little pause. If it's true, the more external relationships that are going on here, the more likely it is that those relationships led to her murder rather than something random. It raises the possibility of BB masterminding it, or one of MB's lovers, or one of MB's lover's partners, or perhaps even a lover of BB, or someone not involved romantically but who hated MB for the perceived hypocrisy.

May I welcome you to the targeted hit side of the fence! This is where we need you most for your knowledge and skills are well above average.

KC has an interesting past financial history and work experience. We can't mention children.

MB was working to pay for her new vehicle payment as she also sold Thrive.

In her position held within the family business, MT arranged for the vendor's fishing trip, correct?

Minor, it is good to have another attorney on Missy's case. Welcome! I look forward to reading your legal interpretations and other opinions.

There isn't much to take in that church. That's something the perp might not have fully understood til after he broke in.

No particular hurry because at 4:15 you feel like you have easily 2 hours before it even starts to get light outside, and another couple of hours before business hours would begin.

As for the rain, we know the perp entered thru the kitchen. We know from LE that perp spent some time in the kitchen before venturing elsewhere. Per haps he dried off with kitchen towels. Or maybe there was a break in the rain at the point he broke in so he was still dry.

I don't consider it luck for him to get away before the campers arrived. MB got there 45 mins early because she's supposed to. My theory is MB and perp ran into one another almost immediately. Perp had plenty of time to get away because no camper is going to come to class 45 mins early just to hang around and do nothing.

Exactly. He was in the process of burglarizing the church in the middle of the night. He was taking his time. He thought he had all the time in the world. Then suddenly out of nowhere MB appears, he gets in a fight with her, and kills her. He probably didn't even know that she was alone. At that point his instinct would change to dropping everything and getting the hell out of there and getting away ASAP, before he ran into anyone else. He was probably out the door and gone within two minutes. The campers didn't start arriving for another 10 minutes. He would have been out of sight by that time.

May I welcome you to the targeted hit side of the fence! This is where we need you most for your knowledge and skills are well above average.

KC has an interesting past financial history and work experience. We can't mention children.

MB was working to pay for her new vehicle payment as she also sold Thrive.

In her position held within the family business, MT arranged for the vendor's fishing trip, correct?

Minor, it is good to have another attorney on Missy's case. Welcome! I look forward to reading your legal interpretations and other opinions.

Not an attorney. Just someone who knows just a little bit about the public's rights under the law to request information.

I'm not on the targeted side of the fence just yet. Just allowing for the fact that the more complicated the romantic entanglements are, the greater the odds that a mysterious death would somehow be linked to them. Not overwhelming odds, just greater odds.

You mention things regarding KC and MT that are not told to us by LE or reported in MSM, AFAIK. Not much we can do with that. Is MT on record as saying she arranged the vendor trip? I thought it was an annual trip he had been on for several years running; not sure why MT would be involved, as he could make those plans himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would it be plausible for a burglar to waste getaway time by beating a person to the point of death and possibly beyond ? SP was covered head to toe in a costume and the victim would not be able to ID them most likely anyway. Just thinking.

Yes that would be plausible. She was probably screaming, and he had no idea who else might be with her. If he didn't kill her, she would have called 911 and given the police a description of him and his vehicle. The police would have immediately set up roadblocks and stopped every vehicle within a mile of the church. At that time of the night, they could easily have detained every single person trying to leave the area. There would have only been a few people on the highway near the church.

The perpetrator is clearly a bumbling idiot, but he succeeded in not getting caught. He escalated burglary to murder, but it paid off for him. If he didn't kill her, he would be serving time in the state prison for burglary.

They also made it difficult to get our hands on the affidavits, especially the one that mentioned KC. Since the affidavits were referenced in the associated SWs as Exhibit A, why didn't MPD go ahead and release them at the same time as the SWs at the beginning of July?

Why hold onto them until specifically requested in such a manner that they were legally obligated to?

And then, in response, why release only one of the requested affidavits in duplicate, forcing yet another request to get that second affidavit? Were they hoping we weren't paying close attention?

It may just be small-town maneuvering to try to protect reputations. Or maybe they're really pursuing these folks or their spouses and they were hoping the connection would stay under the radar.

Since you are familiar with the Open Records process in Texas I have a question or three. Is it the situation where you have to guess that there is some sort of SW and ask specifically for it or can you simply ask for all search warrants generically? Secondly, is there any appeal avenue for any denied requests? Since they seem to be making this process deliberately difficult is that kind of malfeasance grounds for appealing?

Since you are familiar with the Open Records process in Texas I have a question or three. Is it the situation where you have to guess that there is some sort of SW and ask specifically for it or can you simply ask for all search warrants generically? Secondly, is there any appeal avenue for any denied requests? Since they seem to be making this process deliberately difficult is that kind of malfeasance grounds for appealing?

To the first question - you can make your question generic. For example, on Oct. 12 the MPD was asked for any new or unsealed warrants that were requested or unsealed since July 1 in the MB case. Their response was that there weren't any from July 1 to Oct. 12.

To the second question - Texas has an Open Government Hotline that could perhaps assist with resolving informal complaints. They are staffed to answer questions about the law, but they can also take a written informal complaint. How effective that is, I don't know as I've never done it.

That's an informal complaint. For a formal complaint you go to the district or county attorney and lodge your complaint; they have I believe a month to respond. They can take action to force the govt body that committed the violation to honor your request, or else they can determine that there was no violation. If the latter, you could then appeal to the attorney general and they would go through the same process. If you fail there, you would have to file suit yourself against the AG.

To your third question - I think it's a gray area as to whether MPD truly was trying to make things difficult in this particular case. If the requestor thought that they deliberately held something back hoping you wouldn't notice, but then they complied once you DID notice, well then you got what you asked for so what's the point of appeal then anyway?

However, in the other example of asking them for all SWs from July to October, and they tell you that there aren't any - if you read a news report say in the spring of next year in which the MPD goes on record with "we executed a search warrant for _____ in September and based upon what we found out, we can now announce that an arrest has been made today." In THAT hypothetical case, they would be in big trouble because they lied and then tripped over the lie later.

By the way, the law that governs open records requests in Texas is called the Texas Public Information Act. The state has produced a handbook that covers pretty much everything - it's a good read and you can find it here:

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/files/og/publicinfo_hb.pdf

Not an attorney. Just someone who knows just a little bit about the public's rights under the law to request information.

I'm not on the targeted side of the fence just yet. Just allowing for the fact that the more complicated the romantic entanglements are, the greater the odds that a mysterious death would somehow be linked to them. Not overwhelming odds, just greater odds.

You mention things regarding KC and MT that are not told to us by LE or reported in MSM, AFAIK. Not much we can do with that. Is MT on record as saying she arranged the vendor trip? I thought it was an annual trip he had been on for several years running; not sure why MT would be involved, as he could make those plans himself.

Sort of. MT said that it was a vendor arranged trip, but she did not say that she facilitated the arrangement of the trip. MT states this in one of the NG interviews.

I do not think that I have publicly stated this on WS, but there are many roads that point back to the family business. I want to know who that vendor is! I think that is strange that we have heard nothing about the vendor or who joined BB on that trip.

Sort of. MT said that it was a vendor arranged trip, but she did not say that she facilitated the arrangement of the trip. MT states this in one of the NG interviews.

I do not think that I have publicly stated this on WS on a previous occasion, but there are many roads that point back to the family business.

Are you able to elaborate on the many possible links to the business?

Got some great information today. Tying it back to what the locals were saying early on, there was a lot of buzz about AJ/CT, some for KC, and CW was flying under the radar (not known/suspected by locals that I heard or saw). There was a little murmuring of a fire/LEguy. Haven’t seen any evidence of that.

To the question of who turned in CT in, early reports was itwas as much about her gait as her husband’s connection to the victim (or maybe a combination thereof). Not to say they didn’t show up on phone records also.

Note. IIRC, the connection of MB and KC (their spouses also all know each other) is they havea similar aged child. But we can’t talkabout them so that’s where that stops.

DeDee is correct. There’s a bit of readying you could do to catch up on the life and travails of KC.

The late night call(s) question that someone brought us is avalid observation. If BB knew at least some of this (at least KC) was going on, the phone calls may make more sense. Looking at the magnitude of validated relationships, that does turn the ship a little. Though I’m not sure BB is any less of a candidate. He’s still a cheated-on husband. Unless he had long ago thrown up his hands and said, “Fine, we’ll do it that way.” And as one poster pointed out, this could be an open relationship by this time and he may have had his own gig. Another thing LE knows that wedon’t.

There have been several “votes” for lover/lover’s spouse recently. If you were thinking conservatively earlier, that scenario has proven inaccurate. Based on pictures, CW’s spouse is not SP.

Would KS’s spouse have motive? I’d need help for that answer. She was close enough to the vic to know theanswers to a lot of the questions necessary to pull this off. I’ve been told, “Never underestimate a womanscorned.” But that is just a question atthis point. I would hope LE has alreadydelved into that.
The fact that there is no arrest so far (after 7 months)might indicate the perp is not right under our noses. But the number of relationships do bring upanother question. If this is what we know, how much/many don’t we know. And that may be where the answer lies.

Maybe, or maybe not. I remind myself that these were allegations that BB made, not the result of LE's investigations.

I do find the wording of the affidavit interesting. It refers to the alleged KC affair that MB "was having". If that wording was intentional and accurate, it implies something that was ongoing up to the time of her death.

We also know that KS said she knew of an affair from "a year and a half" earlier. So, was the earlier affair with KC and then they picked it up again (or possibly never stopped but just became more discreet), or was it a different affair altogether?

I will admit that despite my vocal support for the "untargeted" theory, this information about an ALLEGED affair with KC does give me a little pause. If it's true, the more external relationships that are going on here, the more likely it is that those relationships led to her murder rather than something random. It raises the possibility of BB masterminding it, or one of MB's lovers, or one of MB's lover's partners, or perhaps even a lover of BB, or someone not involved romantically but who hated MB for the perceived hypocrisy.

BBM

Exactly.

I know that I have said this on more occasions than I can count, but those names on the original SWs are there for a reason! They were not merely people who spoke to MB in her final days.

I am just going to put this out here. It's highly likely that AT/CT/WH are all there for the same reasons as the Cozines and CW. I don't know whether we can confirm that the "rumored" relationships are real or merely alleged. There were so many alleged extramarital events going on at the time of MB's death that is hard to even narrow in on one suspect.

I brought this up once earlier, but didn't hear a solution. For those proposing SP posing as a camper (in any fashion), how are they going to get that bulky, probably bloody suit (boots, helmet and all) out of the building and off the property without the dozens of law enforcement there seeing anything?

I brought this up once earlier, but didn't hear a solution. For those proposing SP posing as a camper (in any fashion), how are they going to get that bulky, probably bloody suit (boots, helmet and all) out of the building and off the property without the dozens of law enforcement there seeing anything?

Not saying SP was a camper, but also not saying they wasn't. Everything is on the table. MPD mentioning car in the far corner of the church property tells me, that car left unnoticed (no lights?).
So if we have a killer camper - for the lack of a better word- he may have escaped via bee line and just left with that car. He did not turn on the headlights and was lucky not to be seen, or he left during the time the other campers made their discovery. He then gets rid of the stuff (dumpster downtown?), changes and drives straight back to the church. He blends into the panicked crowd or into the right now panicking crowd. It was early, dark, rainy. And then there was a murder. Not easy to be noticed, or the opposite: Just back in time to be one of the first responders. Possible? Yes. Probable? Why not.

-Nin

If he arrived early expecting to fill out paperwork before the class wouldn't he go in early instead of sitting in his vehicle until class was set to start? I wonder if there's more to MPD not releasing the 911 calls.

:cow: Too numerous of reasons to list on why the 911 calls aren't released, att.

This is my impression of a typical camp for MBs routine class. She arrives to set up her camp with supplies that has products she hopes to sell after the class and whatever else needed. Then, the class exercises until the last ten minutes for a cool down period that is spent with MB using the sales pitch on signing up new campers. That takes place at the end of every session; not at the beginning. Perhaps first time "freebie sessions" only require a signature for release from liability before the class begins but contracts are signed at the end of sessions.

Why not dump the gear in their trunk and walk back to the church in workout gear? Or did police check all of the campers cars before they left?

Ot: Nice to see you back Jethro&cannonball

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I thought this message board is victim friendly. For all we know BB is a victim and there is no single shred of evidence that he was involved in Missy's death. So how comes he keeps being discussed here as if he was a suspect?

Wysłane z mojego LG-K120 przy użyciu Tapatalka

for a bumbling idiot he is doing pretty well in evading being identified and caught

I thought this message board is victim friendly. For all we know BB is a victim and there is no single shred of evidence that he was involved in Missy's death. So how comes he keeps being discussed here as if he was a suspect?

Wysłane z mojego LG-K120 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Who is your POI? Do you think someone listed on the SW could be involved?

As you indicated, knowing of these potential relationships or even knowing of BB's disclosure of them to police (whether true or not) - opens a number of potential motives that I wouldn't have considered before this came to light.

I definitely believe it was targeted.

SP = Swat Perp? Suspicious Person? Subliminal Patron?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lawdaughter222