TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, murdered in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM - this quote jumped out at me yesterday when I first read it. Was it specifically mentioned for a reason or am I just reading too much into it? Maybe I'm just hoping against hope?

I do not think it's cold. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My bad. VB did not post this odd post on the 5th. I found it in a forum...someone brought it to the attention of others on 9/5. I can't discern date of original post. I did grab it though, but have no idea what to do with it next. So, for any of the guys and gals who have been here since the beginning (as I have, but I have no memory), were we aware of a "cloaked" post from VB'S Twitter at any time? It did not mention MB's name, but is clearly about her. I'm on my crud phone so sorry about any issues. If someone wants to respond privately, that's cool.

BBM - this quote jumped out at me yesterday when I first read it. Was it specifically mentioned for a reason or am I just reading too much into it? Maybe I'm just hoping against hope?
I think it was mentioned for a reason and agree with Ezrah that this case is not cold.

Ezrah helped me...thanks all.

It was re: the extremely smug "separated" post. I am not sure when it was posted. I know it's about BB and someone, not directly referring to MB, but it CERTAINLY shows VB's attitude, character & an irritability. How sanctimonious of her! Clearly, she thinks women must first and utmost be home and tending to the family fires or who knows what will happen -- but God help them!

Sigh.

In regard to MB's affair. . . The nice part about living in a small town is that when I don't know what I am doing, somebody else does. lol! I agree BB was right to point out who that might be, but if he was also doing the same (which the affidavit made it sound as if both were involved extramaritaly) he should have shared that information as well.

Ezrah helped me...thanks all.

It was re: the extremely smug "separated" post. I am not sure when it was posted. I know it's about BB and someone, not directly referring to MB, but it CERTAINLY shows VB's attitude, character & an irritability. How sanctimonious of her! Clearly, she thinks women must first and utmost be home and tending to the family fires or who knows what will happen -- but God help them!

Sigh.

Do you think Missy's independence was a problem with her mother-in-law. motive?

Looks like we have lift off. And some good observations. Glad the conversation is re-started. Not a ton of new information but some. What I read.
-A screwdriver was mentioned. I know it was previous brought up but not really verified. Tools were left at the scene so this may be something a camera didn’t catch but was part of the tools collected at the scene.
-CW was verified as not only sending flirtatious and familiar messages (on LI) but setting up rendezvous on FB private messaging. BB knew of this relationship. My personal thought. There is nothing suspicious about BB pointing CW to police. I certainly would.
I highly suspect CW was thoroughly investigated. That his wife was completely unaware of anything and when filled in, made the decision to stay with him also nudges me in that direction.
The FB private messaging also references assignations with other lovers. “Assignations” and “Lovers”is pretty specific language. And you know MPD is choosing their words carefully. While several posters read that activity into what was going on (and listening to the grapevine) in earlier posts, this confirms it. So we have a minimum of 3 recent affairs (in the literal sense of the word) going on. CW and Lovers (plural = min 2) = 3. Is AJ included on this list? Is the affair of 10 months prior to her deceasing still on going? The 3 is also a minimum based on the language of the SW. It could be more.
All this doesn’t really narrow anything in my mind. Could be more incentive for BB or could be incentive for a spurned lover or wife/sig other of a lover, now that we know a little more of that was going on.
I like the notes on lie detector testing. I realize they have limited legal value but they might help in narrowing down the search a little. From how adamantly LE is defending the B’s as being not a suspect, it made me wonder if they had passed a test. The more I read, the more I think MPD is being pretty straight forward. For how adamant they have been on them not double-talking, if it came out later that they were double-talking, I think that would lead to a huge erosion of confidence on the part of the public.
But BB did have as much, if not more, incentive than anyone,so it would be foolish exonerate while an open murder case exists. Someone being “hired” is a real possibility that is bungling the investigation.
The hypnotist is an interesting angle. Maybe they’re trying to get a sub-conscious memory from either a CG-er or someone driving by the scene. RE a car or image existing that they might have seen but not register in their conscious memory.
LE used the phrase that they are leaving open the possibility of an “untargeted hit”. And several readers objected as that looks like an oxymoron. The only thing that popped into my mind is a gang hit (like an initiation) or a thrill kill. And as LE narrows out known possible suspects, that angle might look more possible.
When I hear they are looking for one piece of evidence to make an arrest, I lean toward them having a pretty good hunch. i.e. They’ve made progress and have a lot of circumstantial evidence.
I agree with several posters. This sure looks like someone MB knows (or closely associated with them), and is targeted. And probably initiated from a close (too close) relationship.
Keep at it MPD. Never give up until justice is served.

Those are some good observations on your part. To build from them, a few notes:
1 Your observations are wise about MPD truly not having a reason to suspect the family at this time, and about how they wouldn't put that out there so repeatedly and ruin public confidence in what they say in the future.
2 About the affairs, you have great comments. I do think it should be added that it's not made clear by MPD if those lovers and assignations (including CW) were current and active at the time of MBs death, or whether it was messages still intact of things that had happened from months or even years earlier. As I understand it, whatever was happening with CW began several months prior to her death but that doesn't mean it was still active, and with the rest who knows if they were even earlier or ancient. Anyone who has been on FB for any length of time and uses the PM setup knows conversations can stay there for years, with names of people talking and time/date of everything said.
3 While the word "screwdriver" was used, it sounded to me like a comment where they weren't able to precisely say what perp was using in some places, rather than it being an actual assertion that a screwdriver was definitely involved somewhere.
4 My sense of their characterization of the evidence wasn't that they are looking for "one piece" at this point, as in a specific missing item. Instead, my takeaway was that they were summarizing the case with the idea that they feel they still generally need some more evidence to solve the case (as opposed to being able to solve it from what they already have in hand). That was mentioned in the same context of how they have had other detectives look at what they have, to see if they are failing to see some answer, and who are also concluding the same thing.
5 Like you, I have walked the property. Personally I don't see motivation for or likelihood of an exit by another means other than a vehicle, since using the driveway would have provided instant access to a highway with the ability to be miles away in mere minutes. My thinking is driven by
- the church's remoteness from other streets, businesses, residences, etc, -
- the weather that night (heavy pouring rain),
- the terrain (grass, dirt/mud, fences/creeks surrounding the property, etc),
- the easy availability of parking in the back of the building out of sight from the road (or, if you prefer, in the extremities of the parking lot), and
- the extensive bulky gear being worn by the perp (which would have prevented any quickness in fleeing the murder scene on foot).

In regard to MB's affair. . . The nice part about living in a small town is that when I don't know what I am doing, somebody else does. lol! I agree BB was right to point out who that might be, but if he was also doing the same (which the affidavit made it sound as if both were involved extramaritaly) he should have shared that information as well.

This a part that bothers me; both were unfaithful and at times i get angry that only Missy is being talked about. Sounds like the husband played around too

Has VB's 9/5 Twitter post been mentioned yet? I'm trying to catch up on new posts re: Missy. For whatever reason, I feel some kind of comfort that this thread is a little active. I think of Missy and what she endured often, as well as those who genuinely love her. Three young girls had to do the "back to school" thing for the first time without their mom's care and attention. That alone struck me as horribly sad. All just my thoughts.

I found that Twitter post and traced it back to its source. Someone explains that the person who posted VB's FB post as a screenshot on Twitter "misinterpreted her comment. She is speaking about the lady taking screenshots of BB's posts and posting on sites."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you think Missy's independence was a problem with her mother-in-law. motive?

I don't think the MIL meant her thoughts as a personal shot at MB per se.

I think the "problem" the MIL had with her was an after-the-fact regret, or a second guess, based on the observation that MB had (unintentionally) put herself in harm's way. And that's a valid point, that by going to isolated places in the middle of the night, and traveling out of town to this meeting or that without the protection of her husband alongside, she did make herself too-easy prey for who or what might happen along and be there to harm her.

The comment came across as unfair to Missy in my opinion. MB's girls need to know their mother's side of the story too, and maybe they do. I can only hope they do know the truth. Wonder if the oldest daughter and the home-schooled daughter were questioned in any regards to who might have spooked her from the gym or if they knew someone with whom Mom was not cool with at the time of the murder?

Watched ID last night regarding the death of an elderly female matriarch. She was murdered by her adopted daughter and was struck 13 times in the face and side of face with a gavel. Can't imagine what kind of damage a screwdriver could do. Maybe it was just left where she was last punctured?

I assume they are still searching for the car from the gun store. Still believe someone could have been dropped off there and walked to the church.

This a part that bothers me; both were unfaithful and at times i get angry that only Missy is being talked about. Sounds like the husband played around too

I think lovers from both MB and BB relationships are worthy of sleuthing.

I think its telling that the police arent releasing details about BB affair partners. No way to sleuth if we dont have names

I guess it's because they don't want to publicly name innocent people. JMO

:tyou: Miss Tricia! I was so hoping Missy's case would be solved by now, but I think it is very complicated. If it is truly a "stranger on stranger" crime then who knows when it will be solved unless the killer talks and somebody tells. I still believe Missy was targeted by someone she knew.
If it's a random burglary, then how would he know that the church would be open that early, without some inside knowledge?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member